~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 12-11-2013, 05:41 AM

In that case I could elaborate on their deaths. ;3

I just make quirky characters that don't mesh with the campaign. I'm still surprised that my cleric/inquisitor is nearly epic level now although as a squirrel. That was an interesting adventure. End boss fight, huge demon trying to make the world into a second infernal plane, sent out a huge killing spell that didn't quiet work right. Not quite a nat1 on the roll but close enough that several characters got turned into small woodland creatures. Idalia is still running around as world's angriest squirrel, and her husband has amassed an armada of ships to find her and start a war.
She's aasimar cleric and has the title of Fiend of Pelor, he's tiefling pirate who has a 7 ship fleet of his own. Odd marriage there. He's madly head over heels for her still, and she just reminds him that she'll kill him tomorrow. It's been like 5 years of marriage, and he's still not dead.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM

@Wyrmskyld well if you need a hand setting anything up,for a pre mission let me know?

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-12-2013, 02:17 AM

I've got it all fairly well set up, I think, although I appreciate the offer! I've run this campaign before in GURPS, so it's mostly been a matter of translating stats and trying to smooth out the story wrinkles I had the first time I ran it. I'm mostly set to start, actually, but I'm planning on waiting until tomorrow, or perhaps Friday, so Ethos will be done with nasty exams and able to enjoy the start of the game!

I'm still waiting on a character sheet from Mythos:, though... also, Wayfarer: and Seridano:, there's still room if you're interested! You're welcome to wait and join later, as well, but it's always more fun to be there at the start.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 12-12-2013, 03:59 AM

Might as well pop in. You mind waiting until tomorrow for my character sheet? I'm about to pop off to bed, as I have work in the morning.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-12-2013, 02:57 PM

Take your time, Seri! I'm setting the official start for Friday!

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 12-13-2013, 02:22 AM

Hmm, do I want me a nice little former slave who off and poisoned his master to escape and is now trying to atone for his sins after escaping into the arms of the temple/church of one of the gods...or a very much stereotypical roguish type with a penchant for witty comments and a bit o' arrogance and a soft spot for kiddos? Choices... (Apparently I'm just full of cliches tonight >.< )

Any thoughts? Not entirely sure what I'm getting myself into/what this game will entail in terms of feeling/tone/etc.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 03:14 AM

If it helps, Seri, the roguish type would be more likely to be familiar with the island of Arynn. Slavery's illegal there, although that's not true on some of the neighboring islands, so it would be very easy to be a former slave if you like that idea better.

As far as feel/tone goes... there are likely going to be some serious moments, but I personally feel that serious and silly should be fairly well balanced. I personally get a lot more enjoyment out of a serious book if it has moments of humor, and vice versa. Some of the enemy NPCs I have are a bit ridiculous, and some are pretty serious, and so far it looks like the players kind of reflect that mix. I... don't know if that helps at all, to be honest. I guess if I'm trying to place this on a seriousness spectrum with Fyodor Dostoyevsky as 10 and Terry Pratchett as 1, I'm looking at about a 4?

Edit: And the game thread is up and can be found here. The game will officially begin in a few hours!

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 12-13-2013 at 03:36 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 12-13-2013, 04:04 AM

Will keep that slew of info in mind as I create my character. Might not have one finished til tomorrow though, as I am still currently in the baking process and have work in the morning.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 04:15 AM

Take your time, Seri. Every 'turn' lasts 3 days or until everyone's posted, so there's no huge hurry. Although if you bake things like that, you have to share them with the whole party.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 12-13-2013, 04:17 AM

/refrains from making mentions of midnight mint chocolate cake topped with chocolate ganache or sugared pecans

Alrighty, good to know.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 04:22 AM

*crawls through the computer to move in with Seridano*

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 12-13-2013, 05:37 AM

I think I kind of maybe finished my character...? I have some red text where I'm not certain what I should put but they're from the 'iffy'est fields on the profile form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythos View Post

Character Name: Rave Isenblæd
Player Name: Mythos
Character Description or Picture:

Race: Human
Class: Warrior
STR: 17
AGI: 12
INT: 8
WIS: 11
CHA: 10
CON: 15 + 1 (racial bonus)
Speed: 6
Encumbrance: -1 Light Encumbrance
Damage: Unarmed (), shield (1d3+STRmod), spear (1d6+STRmod impaling), crossbow (1d6+STRmod impaling)
Armor Class: +1 (AGI) +4 (chain armor) +2 (medium shield) -- AC: 7
Abilities: High level of insight (in terms of spotting lies/flawed arguments?)
Skills: 10 + 2 (racial bonus) + 2 (class bonus, weapon skills)
Strategy, Tactics, First Aid (Int)
Diplomacy, Sex Appeal (Cha)
Carousing (Con)
Unarmed Combat, Two-handed Sword, Broadsword, Shield, Crossbow, Spear
Languages: Common, Dwarvish
Equipment: Chain armor, medium shield, spear, crossbow, quiver of 20 quarrels, personal basics.
Equipment Weight: 71 lbs
Gold: 220
Motivation: Rave is a member of the city guard and quite proud of that despite some of the attitude she gets while she's on the beat. Her father was a soldier in the lord's army like his father before him and while Rave would have been more than happy to be the next in that line she was requested to stay closer to home while her reluctant brother went off to be the brave knight. She is determined to prove to the world that she is worthy of the post she was denied.
Weakness: Rave sees the world in black and white and is quick to deciding which is which and how to deal with them. This mindset makes her impulsive and at times rather difficult to get along with. She has a limited sense of humor and has a hard time relaxing. She is terrible at lying and even worse at entertaining.
Character Biography: Rave is a grunt level city guard from a proud military family. She resents her parents' choice of sending her brother off to serve the lord's army when she was willing to go despite their arguments that she was 1) younger and 2) less prepared/trained at the time than he was. Since that time she has spent all of her energy into proving her capability where ever she can find an outlet. This goal, however, is stagnating her her low level position within the city as she continues to find herself stuck behind a desk filling in reports instead of being out in the field taking down the baddies. She takes her job very seriously but finds herself struggling from taking action beyond those tasks assigned to her.

Anything else you think we should know?: Let the almost-not-just-lawful good shenanigans begin!

Last edited by Mythos; 12-13-2013 at 05:44 AM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 02:37 PM

Excellent, Mythos! You're added to the character list! And I fixed the unarmed section of your sheet-- and of my weapons list! Unarmed weapons do 1d2+STR mod.

I'll have the game thread ready for posting shortly. I'd meant to have it started before I went to bed last night, but my internet ran away and hid just when I was getting the finishing touches up, which means I lost the finishing touches. ;_;

Edit: Aaand the game thread is open for posting! Get over there and introduce your character!

Another edit: Mythos just reminded me I forgot to comment on her Insight advantage. I was planning on handling it by letting Rave know in most cases if someone's being untruthful... If there's someone that I think might be able to lie to her face, I'll secretly roll a contest of Rave's and the NPC's WIS scores-- possibly with bonuses for Rave depending on the situation.

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 12-13-2013 at 05:17 PM..

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 05:34 PM

I am off in a second to play game of thrones at brother in laws, if I do not stay there tonight I will be posting about 9 pm est? I think meh i dunnie know it'll be between 23:00-00:00 GMT!

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 05:48 PM

Sounds great, Brother! You've got 3 days before I'm posting the arrival at Harper Farm, so there's no great hurry! (Well, unless everyone manages to post before Monday, of course.)

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 07:09 PM

Okay well,I'm not going out now, they started it to late for me to be able to go round, since I have work early. Plus I don't think my wife wanted me to go!!

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 07:22 PM

Never wise to argue with the significant other! They have many means of exacting revenge.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 08:05 PM

I knew an old man, called John, an ex firefighter, he told me the best thing he learned and the best tip about marriage is to be able to say "yes dear" and nod!

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-16-2013, 12:13 PM

Wyrmskyld: shall we wait for Mythos to post before we post again? And what roll would I need to spot some yummies while still on the move considering were not actually stopping to look for them, just the off chance? Perhaps one in twenty? ( well travelled path other people would pick things too and we are moving?

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-16-2013, 03:49 PM

Probably a 1 out of 20, yeah, Brother. You don't have any outdoor survival skills, so you're going to be hoping for blackberries or something you recognize, and it is a pretty well-traveled road, so most stuff gets picked over quickly. Unless you're planning on climbing fences to steal from the farm, which seems a little counter-productive.

I've poked Mythos, and she's going to get on it today. As soon as her post is up I'll have you all arrive at the farm!

Oh, and sorry if I'm a little slow to respond to things for a few days. I get migraines in waves, and a wave started this week so it's a little erratic when I can look at a computer. (Don't worry, that doesn't mean I'm in pain most of the time. It's mostly weird visual effects and then when I'm actually in pain I have meds that knock me unconscious.)

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-16-2013, 05:49 PM

Have you tried to get a screen for your monitor? Doubt it would help but worth a shot? Don't worry Wyrm take your time, and those meds sound like some god stuff!

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-16-2013, 11:37 PM

I haven't tried a screen... it's any kind of light that does it, though, and I'm completely broke, so I don't know that it would help.

However! The next 'turn' of gameplay has started, and will end Thursday or whenever everyone has posted, whichever comes soonest!

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-17-2013, 12:17 AM

Look on eBay etc... Should be able to get a filter for about ten dollars?
And Coolios about next turn

---------- Post added 12-17-2013 at 12:24 AM ----------

Is widow Harper still with the group, or has she already gone back to her business? Aneja wants to ask her something before speaking to the group?

Last edited by BrotherOfDarkness; 12-17-2013 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: Not timber business stoopid auto correct!

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 12-17-2013, 01:26 AM

Draza may just go take a nap.

She actually as some skills that would come in handy. *tries not to meta-game*

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-17-2013, 01:27 AM

Widow Harper is still with the group to answer questions, yes.

And if that's what Draza would do, Long, you do get points for role playing. Of course, you also get points for teamwork.