Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-11-2009, 08:41 PM

I've never done this before, so let's see what Yuu can accomplish. List taken from Sheezyart.

1. Introduction

2. Complicated
3. Making History
4. Rivalry
5. Unbreakable
6. Obsession
7. Eternity
8. Gateway
9. Death
10. Opportunities
11. 33%
12. Dead Wrong
13. Running Away
14. Judgement
15. Seeking Solace
16. Excuses
17. Vengeance
18. Love
19. Tears
20. My Inspiration
21. Never Again
22. Online
23. Failure
24. Rebirth
25. Breaking Away
26. Forever and a day
27. Lost and Found
28. Light
29. Dark
30. Faith
31. Colours
32. Exploration
33. Seeing Red
34. Shades of Grey
35. Forgotten
36. Dreamer
37. Mist
38. Burning
39. Out of Time
40. Knowing How
41. Fork in the road
42. Start
43. Nature's Fury
44. At Peace
45. Heart Song
46. Reflection
47. Perfection
48. Everyday Magic
49. Umbrella
50. Party
51. Troubling Thoughts
52. Stirring of the Wind
53. Future
54. Health and Healing
55. Separation
56. Everything For You
57. Slow Down
58. Heartfelt Apology
59. Challenged
60. Exhaustion
61. Accuracy
62. Irregular Orbit
63. Cold Embrace
64. Frost
65. A Moment in Time
66. Dangerous Territory
67. Boundaries
68. Unsettling Revelations
69. Shattered
70. Bitter Silence
71. The True You
72. Pretence
73. Patience
74. Midnight
75. Shadows
76. Summer Haze
77. Memories
78. Change in the Weather
79. Illogical
80. Only Human
81. A Place to Belong
82. Advantage
83. Breakfast
84. Echoes
85. Falling
86. Picking up the Pieces
87. Gunshot
88. Possession
89. Twilight
90. Nowhere and Nothing
91. Answers
92. Innocence
93. Simplicity
94. Reality
95. Acceptance
96. Lesson
97. Enthusiasm
98. Game
99. Friendship
100. Endings

Last edited by Heiyuu; 07-20-2009 at 02:36 PM..

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-11-2009, 08:49 PM

11. 33%

"Did you know 33% of all statistics are made up on the spot?" Math class, Thursday morning, sitting alone in the back corner, and I hear a chipper voice. I look up.

Frothy-frizzy brown hair. Warm dark eyes. A huge smile.

"Did you just make that up?" My own voice, so dull in comparison.

"Of course I did. That's the joke, silly." She laughs like silver bells on a crisp winter morning. Has she always sat beside me, this angel, and I just never noticed?

I coax a smile onto my face, so unused to that motion. "Ah. I get it."

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 PM

Hi Heiyuu, congrads on starting a drabble list :) I look forward ot reading it. if you ever want help or ideas, psyrien and I have our own lists too.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-12-2009, 12:07 AM

So I noticed! I'm actually really excited to start on this. It took me a while to find a 100 Themes list I liked.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 01-12-2009, 01:30 AM

ah yeah, psyrien gives me new lists all the time.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-12-2009, 03:42 PM

62. Irregular Orbit

There's something about Richard that pulls people in. A gravitational pull stronger than the earth's. He laughs, and everything seems to quiver.

He'll never be mine, and I know it. He belongs to that redhead with the cackling laugh and the short words.

But perhaps I can content myself with circling him when we meet at a bookstore, captivated by his smile, a mere satellite to his glowing, shining; I writhe in internal agony every time he deigns to smile in my direction.

Only too often. Sometimes I almost seem to forget, he'll never be mine.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-12-2009, 08:38 PM

Ohh, I really like the concept to Irregular Orbit. Reminds me of one of my drabbles on a similar concept.

I look forward to reading more. ^^

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Thankies! Richard and the narrator, Susan, are characters I've dealt with in RP. I'll be writing more from Susan's point of view. And some from my character Francine, too.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-16-2009, 11:54 PM

26. Forever and a Day

After dinner, we sat on the couch and ate cake. And Christy, she had a spot of chocolate on her face. Jasmine told me to lick it off. And I did. And then Christy kissed me. Soft, warm, sweet. She kissed like someone who knew what they were doing.

Soft, warm, I leaned into her side when the cake was done, and Jasmine and her beau were upstairs doing who-knows what. I could have stayed there forever, simply curled up against her, talking. Kissing.

"You'd better get home, or else your cat will hate me."

She was right. Medea was still just a kitten, and she loved cuddling me to sleep. "She'd hate you forever and a day." I sighed. "You need to meet her at some time."

"Maybe tomorrow. We'll do lunch after you get off work."

But tomorrow came, and we didn't have lunch. It's something I almost regret. And will almost regret forever and a day.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2009, 08:22 PM

70. Bitter Silence

There were words spoken. I didn't hear them, no, but I could tell their tone from across the room. The man, scars angry on his hands under the gloves, hair black going grey, loomed over the woman. She was tall, too, but didn't seem to dare to use it, shoulders hunched and brown eyes clouded. Guilt.

And him? He was livid. Rage barely contained. A couple times he tensed like he was about to slap her. But he never did, just spat out words I was glad not to hear.

And when he left, she collapsed into a seat and buried her head in her arms and held back her tears. And he walked away into the night with the streetlights bright catching on his hair.

Between the two stretched a frozen and a broken silence. It made me want to scream.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-18-2009, 01:46 PM

1. Introduction

I hate shaking hands. Thick-fingered clumsy work-rough hands and I've been clocked from them alone before. And my voice. The voice is hard.

Brooklyn introduces me as a pretty woman, and Ed calls me a flower girl. And both of those make me so warm to hear, but still, I hate undoing the dainty impression.

"Hello, I'm Mercy." And how they all accept that at face value, not realizing that I chose that name, that I wasn't born Mercy. It always gets me.

They always get me. I hate introductions.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-20-2009, 02:35 PM

46. Reflection

(Note: this is not me. This is a RP character I've had a while, and I've got the mental image of her in my head.)

I don't know what people see when they look at me. I see a mess.

I'm tall, around six feet. Skinny, almost to the point of sickly. Skin and bones, and when I cross my arms I look like a bundle of twigs. No breasts to speak of (good, Mom died of breast cancer). My wrists are knobbly, and I can count each rib individually.

I dress in t-shirts and jeans, because there's no point in putting nice clothes on a stick figure. Just like I don't tend to do anything with my hair. Limp hanks of black hair, useless. I usually just tie it back in a ponytail.

My face isn't all that pretty. I take that back, it's not pretty. Too long and drawn, almost horse-like in shape, with big, dumb brown cow eyes. When I'm not aware of myself, I can look vacant, like a skittish pony.

When people are kind, they compare me to Cher or Imogen Heap. I feel like that's a terrible joke. Neither of those women have the awkwardness I do. None of them are so broken-down.

This is me. This is what I see in the mirror, my reflection.

I hate mirrors.