Bella-Michi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-10-2009, 11:55 PM

I'm new, and this sounded like fun, so I'll give it a go!!!!
The story is a faerie theme, off the top of my head.

Jaylin woke from a deep sleep in a cold sweat. The dream he had was so vivid.... black winged angels had spouted forth from a crack in the ground, and chased him. They had almost caught him.... they were flying faster now....

His eyes flickered back and forth across the ceiling of his small, dim room, making sure he was truly alone.

But of course he wasn't. He looked to his side, and there was his wife, Nadia. He shook her gently awake, tears of fear prickling his eyes.

She awoke, groggy-eyed. "What's the matter, hon'?"

"It was that dream again," he sighed. "They keep getting closer each time, and I don't want to know what's going to happen when they catch me!"

He held Nadia close, waiting for her to give her advice.

Shooga!
*^_^*
Banned

Old 10-14-2009, 11:28 PM

Nadia shook her head and swung her legs out of bed, saying what she usually did.
"Its only a dream sweety, relax. I will go make us some coffee ok?" She said and walked to the kitchen. She boiled the kettle and leaned groggily on the cold granite counter. She was begining to worry, the kids hadn't woke her up with nightmares in years, she thought she was past all that.
She made the coffee and went back to the bedroom. She handed one cup to Jaylin and sat back on the bed. As she sipped she saw the curtains rustle.
"Did you see that?" She asked, placing her cup on the cabinet and walking over to the window.

Bella-Michi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-16-2009, 08:34 PM

She pushed back the curtains, and there was...... a tree branch. She relaxed noticeably.
"Nadia? What's there?" Jaylin craned his neck to look out the window, but failed. "Are.. are they there?"
"No, honey. They're never there. It's okay." She grabbed her coffee cup off the cabinet and motioned to Jaylin. "Just drink your coffee, hon', and go back to sleep. It'll be okay."
He did as she said, draining the cup and laying back down. H tried to sleep, but found it difficult to drift off. He was just about asleep when he heard a hard rapping at the window.
He pulled back the blankets and rushed to the window, trying to catch whatever was there. He yanked aside the curtains and saw....

Cara-sshii
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-18-2009, 08:07 AM

...what looked like a very handsome youth. Perhaps a boy Luna knows from school? If he wants to have a secret rendezvous with my daughter at 1 AM, it would've been smarter to actually tap on HER window he thought to himself. All these thoughts suddenly vanished from his head when he met his piercing glance. His eyes, scarlet and fierce, seemed to pierce him with great intensity. Their eyes met for what seemed to be an eternity, when Nadia finally asked, "Hon', what're you looking out the window for?" He turned his head for a split second to say, "Nothing, dear..." and when he looked back, the youth had vanished, leaving only but a black feather outside of his window.

(I'm kinda new at this. Tell me what you think.)

Last edited by Cara-sshii; 10-18-2009 at 08:11 AM..

Bella-Michi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-19-2009, 07:49 PM

(I though you did really good!!)

He stared out the window at the feather for quite some time, as if he expected it to leap out and attack him. He stood and waited for the boy to reappear, but nothing happened. He said nothing, however, because he didn't want to make his sweet wife worry any more.

"Nadia, I have to.... uhm... go to the bathroom." That was a believable excuse, and it would take him a while since the bathroom was on the other side of the house.

"Okay, hon', take your time!" Nadia was clueless as to what Jaylin was really planning.

He walked out of the bedroom and took a sharp left down the hallway that led to the bathroom. Luckily for him, it also led to the front door. He silently unlatched the door and slipped out as quietly as he could. Racing around the side of the house, he reached the small woods behind it.

"Hello?" he called out quietly, trying not to alert Nadia, as he was right outside their bedroom window. "Is.... anybody there?"

Cara-sshii
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-22-2009, 08:21 PM

(thanks! ^ ^)

Complete silence....

Jaylin's curiosity was obviously piqued by this sudden occurrence. Who was that boy? Why was he outside the window? And where in the world did he get those wings!?

While he was silently contemplating upon these trifling things, he heard a rustling in the leaves that made him jump a bit.

He walked over slowly, making sure his slipper clad feet did not crunch any of the leaves.
"....Hello?"
"......."
"I know someone's there! Don't try to pretend you're not!"

As he walked quietly through the woods; he was starting to wonder if he had really lost his marbles, if maybe that boy outside the window was perhaps a hallucination that he had seen in his groggy state of mind, and if he really should be wondering through the forest like this. I guess I'll turn around now...

Suddenly, a voice that seemed strangely adult came from a tree above his head.
"I suppose I should tell you the truth, shouldn't I?"

Last edited by Cara-sshii; 10-22-2009 at 08:25 PM..

Bella-Michi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 PM

The boy jumped down from a tree branch almost directly above Jaylin's head, wings held aloft to keep him from falling too hard. "My name is Remliel, and I have quite a tale to tell you. You may want to sit down." He motioned to a patch of soft moss at the base of a tree near by, and Jaylin sat.

"As I said, my name is Remliel. I am not from this realm."

Jaylin developed a confused expression.

"Realms. Kind of like different dimensions, different planes of existence. They run parallel to your own, but only a select few can travel between them. I am one of them.

"And so are you. You are one of us- you were left here as a child, one of the nephilim, to father the one who will save us all."

Luna! he thought. "You can't take my daughter!" cried Jaylin.

"Oh, but we wouldn't be taking just her," stated Remliel. "You will have to go, too. You are the son of one of our greatest heroes, Raphael. You and your daughter will save us."

Cara-sshii
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-22-2009, 11:59 PM

(Wait, is Raphael the name of his father or the name of Raylin before he came to the human realm? ...I'll say it's his. I kinda like the name Raphael... :D)

"Raphael?"
"Yes. Raphael. That was the name you were given before you came into the human realm. It's quite a nice name, isn't it?"
"Well, yeah, I guess so...- but that's beside the point! You said that you would be taking me and Luna back to your realm, didn't you?"
"Why, yes I did. Why do you ask?"
"What about my wife Nadia?"
"What exactly is this thing that you call 'wife'?"
"Well, err...that's...it's basically someone who you swear to spend your whole life with and to love them forever...." Raylin replied sheepishly. "...Why am I even answering this question, anyway? "
"I see..." Remliel said pensively, "In our realm, we have something that's kind of like that. It's called kayame."
"Kayame?"
"Yes, kayame. It's when two people become bound as one, and each person involved is called 'kayatone'. If your ceremonies are anything like ours, then I'm guessing you too are also a...wife?"
"No, no!" Raylin said gesturing with his hands, "I'm what you call a husband. And a husband is, basically, the guy in the relationship."
"Ehhh? So gender specific....I liked the thought of being Luna's wife. She's so pretty..." Remliel replied dreamily.

(wow. I used a lot of dialogue in this one. I didn't really want anything serious to happen...not just yet :3)

Bella-Michi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-23-2009, 10:38 PM

"But anyway...." said Remliel, ignoring the look of horror on the newly-christianed Raphael's face. "You're worried about your wife?" He shook out his longish, dark hair, causing some to fall over his eyes. "Let's go take a look at her, shall we?"

They walked back around the side of the house, in an almost companionable silence, to the front door. Once inside, it got less comfortable. "Well," Remliel motioned towards the hallway. "Lead the way. If you want to say goodbye to her...."

Raphael raced down the hallway to his bedroom and dashed through the door, only to discover that Nadia was locked in a fitful sleep. He quickly grabbed a pad of paper and scrawled out a quick note, not wanting to wake her and worry her. He had no clue why he was in such a sudden hurry.
Nadia,
I think I have to go. I don't know why, and
I don't know when I'll be back, but I'll tell you
all about what's going on when I do finally
get home. I'll miss you, and I love you.
Goodbye.

Tears had begun leaking from his eyes, and smudged the letter as he put it down on the bedside table. "We should go get Luna now"

"Actually, her name is Lunaria. Isn't it?"

Surprise crossed his face. How did Remliel know what was on Luna's birth certificate? "Yes, but...."

"We need to go," interrupted Remliel. "The portal won't stay open for much longer."

"Okay..." Raphael placed a kiss on his wife's forehead and walked away slowly.

Cara-sshii
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-24-2009, 06:11 AM

On the way to Lunaria's room, Raphael couldn't help but wonder what this new realm would be like. From what little he heard from Remliel, it wouldn't be a bad place. Perhaps very strange, but not bad.

Before he realized it, he had already reached the door with the pink sign that said 'Luna's Room' in pretty cursive, that Nadia had made when Lunaria was three years old. He gave the door a good rapping. Not enough to be intrusive and rude, but just enough to wake her up.

Groggily, Lunaria came to the door, her long, black hair messily hanging at her shoulders. "Hey, dad...Why'd you wake me so ear-" A sudden look of shock crossed her face as she spotted the handsome youth in her hallway. Her expression changed from shocked to puzzled as she looked back at Raphael and started to ask, "Who is-?"

"That doesn't matter right now!" Raphael interjected. "All that matters is that you pack up all you need. We're leaving."

"Leaving? Did you tell mom?"

"...Kind of....The point is, we don't have that much time."

Lunaria raised an eyebrow. "Are you guys getting a divorce or something?"

"No. I'll explain everything once you've gotten everything ready."

"I think I should be the one to do that." Remliel interjected. "It seems that Raphael doesn't know the full story either himself."

"Raphael?" Lunaria asked, her face looking all the more puzzled.

Bella-Michi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-25-2009, 08:51 PM

(lol, most of this is just explanatory fluff...)

Remliel quickly explained the origin of that name, and about realms.

"But why do we have to go?" asked Luna, confused once again.

"Yeah, good question. You never explained that." Raphael glared at Remliel, hands on his hips.

"Okay," sighed Remliel. "I guess I should explain so you don't just get thrown in the middle of things when we get there."

"Raphael- you were born in the realm of Falla Jallar. Going by names here, I suppose we would be called fallen angels, or nephilim. We're not really... it's just our wings. You'll both have to be taught how to use your wings when we get there.

"Anyway, to why we're going. There's a war going on right now. We don't know why it started- just all of a sudden, one day the faeries from the realm of Krania came through a portal and attacked us. We had no warning... so much was destroyed.

"But there was a prophecy, one that was long forgotten. It was about the son of one of our great heroes, and his daughter. We realized when we found it that is must talk about you, but we had no clue where to find you.

"I've been searching for you for months- poring over records in various realms, because no one knew where your father had left you. Finally I found records with the right last name- Nakir. The first name wasn't right, but if he wanted you to be hidden, he would have changed it. I knew I had found you.

"But I needed to make sure. I watched you from the window every night- you had those dreams, those nightmares- about us chasing you. It was really about your fate catching up to you.

"But we need to go now. You have to meet your father, and prepare for the coming battles."

"What is my father's name?" asked Raphael, surprised to hear he was still alive.

"Gazardiel. His name means 'a new beginning.' And now we REALLY need to go."

He rushed past Luna and Raphael as Luna shoved clothes and other things into a bag. Following closely behind, Raphael and Luna exited the house and went back around the side to the woods.

A tall blue portal was between two tall oaks deep in the woods, and Remliel stopped in front of it. "We have to go through here. Stick together when you do, you don't want to get lost." Remliel stepped through the portal and disappeared in a flash of white. Raphael and Luna joined hands and walked through the portal, and in a flash of bright light left behind everything they new.