Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 10-17-2008, 04:26 AM

[Intro]
Hello there! =D Rylynne here, ready to share with you all some drabbles you'll hopefully enjoy reading. I'm pretty new here, so you can say that I'm trying to make a name for myself here in Mene. xD

I've always been fond of writing, even deciding to pursue it as a course in college. Okay, so maybe Journalism is a different kind of writing, but it's writing nonetheless. This little thread here is for me to exercise my writing prowess and to hopefully develop it more.

Updates will be random, but I still hope you all can stick around and chat with me, even if I have no stories to show just yet. xD

Comments and constructive criticisms are welcome here~ No flames please, unless you have a reason to back them up. Oh, and chatting here is welcome to, if only to keep lonely me company. xD

Thanks for reading! So, just scroll down and have a read. ;]

Last edited by Rylynne; 11-09-2008 at 02:03 PM..

Rylynne

Old 10-17-2008, 04:53 AM

[Current List]

Theme: 26 Letters of the Alphabet
1. A - Assorted
2. B - Bias
3. C - Cinque
4. D - Decoy
5. E - Echo
6. F - Fictioneer
7. G - Gaudy // 287 words // page.1 // completed 10/17/08
8. H - Honor
9. I - Importune
10. J - Jocund
11. K - Kitchenware
12. L - Labor
13. M - Megabyte
14. N - Noxious
15. O - Orphan
16. P - Pentagon
17. Q - Quack
18. R - Research
19. S - Serendipity
20. T - Telepathy
21. U - Unconventional
22. V - Voluntary
23. W - Wick // 138 words // page.1 // completed 11/09/08
24. X - Xylophone
25. Y - Yank // 213 words // page.1 // completed 2/01/09
26. Z - Zoology

All the words were chosen randomly with a dictionary.
There might be recurring characters in some drabbles, and others may just be totally random.
These will not be written in order.
A check before the number means it's been done. 8D

Last edited by Rylynne; 02-01-2009 at 02:33 PM..

Rylynne

Old 10-17-2008, 04:55 AM

[Finished Lists]
None yet, but hopefully soon.

Rylynne

Old 10-17-2008, 04:56 AM

[Reserved]

Rylynne

Old 10-17-2008, 06:37 AM

And I'm done! =D

My first drabble will have to come later, as I have somewhere to be at right now. xD Feel free to post/chat if you want though~ :3

---

7. G - Gaudy

It was another one of those irritatingly hot summer days, and Sam wasn’t happy about it.
But, Sam knew just how to remedy that.

“You ran out of popsicles?!”

Or not.

Now Sam wasn’t just irritated now; he was frustrated. In his sweat-induced rage, he began to yell at the girl behind the counter.

And oh, how she yelled back.

“It’s not my fault that we’ve run out, sir,” screamed the popsicle girl. “Besides, even if we did have some left, I would rather eat it myself than sell it to a smelly and gaudy–”

“Gaudy? Who the hell uses the word ‘gaudy’ anymore?” Sam pretended to be nonchalant about it, but he couldn’t help but look down at his board shorts.

She eyed him skeptically. “When’d you get them?”

“Three years ago. But that doesn’t matter.” How dare she mock him!

He had expected her to retort, but instead, she smiled. “Well,” she paused, and suddenly her entire disposition had changed, “I’m almost done here, so I could help you buy new shorts, if you’d like.”

Sam knew she was flirting. “Sure, I have time. I’ll take your help as an apology then?” Hey, she was cute, and he needed a replacement for his popsicle.

The woman’s smile grew wider as she laughed. “Fine.” She began to walk away when she added, “By the way, I’m Natasha.”

He couldn’t help but smile back. “Sam,” he told her, and she nodded in acknowledgement before disappearing into the storage room.

Okay, Sam thought, today wasn’t such a bad day after all.

---

So I kinda used more than 200 words, but I couldn't help it. =\ Anyhow, yeah, really random. Short and sweet? xD

Feel free to comment and scrutinize my work. It's not editted and proof-read, so all mistakes are mine.

Last edited by Rylynne; 10-17-2008 at 04:18 PM..

Rylynne

Old 11-09-2008, 01:55 PM

Another one after a while now. ^^;

---

23. W - Wick

It’s dark.

I can't see. I can’t hear. I can’t feel.

And it scares me. Because when I call out, no one answers. In this parallel dimension, I realize I’m all alone.

And suddenly, I’m falling. Tumbling down an endless abyss. Spiraling further and further down a bottomless tunnel, with nothing but my hollowed echoes bouncing back and forth and back and forth and–

I scream. And I awake.

With shaking hands, I wipe the sweat away. Beside me, the candles’ wicks are all but gone.

I smile. A little forced.

(but no one needs to know that)

Closing my eyes once more, I tell myself, it was all just a dream. And I promise myself (for the umpteenth time) that I won’t let it scare me ever again.

Rylynne

Old 02-01-2009, 02:32 PM

A rather bad drabble, if you ask me. Wrote it in five minutes, I think. But it was on my mind while I was watching two kids yanking each other's hair while I was at the hospital earlier today, and I couldn't get the idea out ever since.

Well, this needs an update anyway. xDD;;

---

25. Y – Yank

“Why do little boys like to tug at little girl’s ponytails?”

Natasha’s question catches Sam off guard. He raises an eyebrow in response.

She sighs in exasperation before replying. “You know what I mean. I bet you did it too when you were a kid.” A pause. “Is it because you’re just jealous of our longer hair?”

Again, Sam raises an eyebrow, this time in confusion. “What’s with the issue all of a sudden anyway?”

Natasha nudges her head towards a guy sitting three tables away. “That guy there? He used to yank at my hair when we were kids. He probably doesn’t remember be though.”

“Want me to yank at his hair for you then?”

Sam loves it when she laughs in response. “No, don’t. He was my first ever boyfriend. Made kindergarden much more interesting.”

Now Sam is intrigued. “You had a boyfriend when you were five?”

“Four, actually,” Natasha corrects him. She laughs again, probably at a memory or two, but Sam decides that maybe now’s not the time to ask. He didn’t want to interrupt her good mood, not after she’s been crying the past few days over yet another ex-boyfriend.

He still makes a mental note to yank the guy’s hair later though. You know, just in case.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-05-2009, 03:09 PM

Aww. I think the concept of Yank is cute. You see it all the time. ...I honestly don't know what compels them either, though.