fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 12-18-2008, 07:24 PM

I'm thinking this one will be about a girl who discovers her cat can talk. If someone comes up with a better idea, we can start on that and scrap this one...
It can be as serious or as funny as you want. You can put anywhere from one to ten sentences. Please be at least semi-literate. If you feel you need more PM me, please. I'll start.

Honey stretched on Catelynn's stomach and kneaded her chest.
"Honey, get off." Catelynn pushed the insistant cat to the floor, then rose to get dressed.
She picked out a blue tee with a red flower on it. Honey curled around her feet, mewing for attention.
"All right, you silly cat." She petted her, Honey's purrs reverberating through her chest.

Galliechan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Galliechan

Old 12-22-2008, 07:08 PM

Taking her eyes off the happy cat for a while, she glanced to the clock, which was showing her tardiness clearly.
With a small cry, Catelynn left her cat in its bliss and ran to her bed to take her bag then walked to the door...which wasn't an easy accomplishment at all. Jumping a few times and making zigzags to confuse her cat, she quickly closed the door after her.
Somehow, her cat was extraordinarily insistent today.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 12-23-2008, 01:22 AM

Catelynn threw on her jacket as she left, and zipped it up quickly to prevent the slightest bit of chill entering. Mr. Thorn was going to kill her! She had completed her homework at least. Half of it was illegible though, written in scrawled pen. She walked calmly to one of the back seats, hoping he wouldn't turn around, hearing her soft footsteps with his incredibly sharp hearing.
"Catlynn, glad to see you made it here." Jeff smiled. One of her best friends, he was always cracking jokes. She was often late, so it had become a running gag between them.
"Good to see you too, Jeffsicle." This rib was because he NEVER wore sweaters, even when it was freezing. The teacher began speaking and they quieted.

sidrabutterfly
Infinitely odd

Old 12-23-2008, 01:52 AM

(Ha! I found it! On my own even.) "Today we will be disscusing more on animal personfication. I hope you finished your essays on the subject, as you will now be turning them in. Does any one have a question or statement about the essay or animal personfication?" It was a fascinating subject, and intrigued Catelynn very much as she often personfied her own cat. "No one, I know it [I]is[I] early but still someone must have some comment on the subject?" her teacher continued exasperated. Finally some one raised her hand.
"Do you mean things like the Redwall series or more like the ancient egyptions?"
"I mean both Clara, and many more ways, such as the personfications you give your pets or in stories with both humans and animals talking."

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 12-23-2008, 02:06 PM

Catelynn scribbled a little doodle of a cat talking as she listened. The speech bubble said "Hey Catelynn! Scratch behind my ears!" she laughed softly.
The teacher continued. "These animals can act human, such as the cat in puss-in-boots or that aforementioned Redwall series. They can also just have human personalities, without human traits, like the Cheshire cat." He turned to the board. "I want you to write a paragraph on what it'd be like if an animal you know or know of turned personified. This will be part of the project at the end of the year where you turn one of these paragraph into a story, so make it complete!"

Galliechan
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2008, 07:14 PM

Catelynn groaned silently; scretching was a totally different issue but a project? She really hoped her cat would talk to help her.
Then the next moment laughed at the ridiculusness of her idea. Sure, and one day Honey would come to her to say "Hey, Catelynn. I've been your cat since my birth and just now wanted to say that I can talk and understand you. Great, right?" The thought was really amusing.
From the corner of her eye, she saw Jeff looking at her curiously. Didn't really want to write a note to him, she just nodded; he had to wait until the break.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 12-25-2008, 12:53 AM

Jeff walked over to her. "Man, what a drag!"
"You're telling me! Plus, I have loads of math homework, I know it!"
"I actually don't have anything other than this. Gym and social studies with White. And probably nothing in Psych."
"I hate you!" Catelynn pretended to punch him. Some people have all the luck. She sat down and wrote the words I"f my cat could talk" and stopped. She put her pencil to her teeth and thought.

Galliechan
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-25-2008, 08:56 AM

The thought some more. After the break and through the science class. She still couldn't find a decent idea to write.
Yeah, Catelynn despised those writing homeworks. Especially ones that requires imagination.
As the day progressed, her ideas stayed the same. It was frustating, to say the least. Her only hope was to return home and look at her cat; maybe Honey would give her some inspiration.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 12-25-2008, 03:26 PM

"Mrow." Honey jumped on the desk, sprawling over her papers.
"Honey, I wish you could talk. You could help me with this project then."
The cat looked at her and meowed. Only the meow sounded more like: "Of course I can, silly."
"You did NOT just talk." Catelynn shook her head. She had stayed up to late.

Galliechan
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-25-2008, 07:08 PM

It must be because of the late hour, Catelynn mused, for she imagined that Honey was glaring at her for the last two hours. Was that an irritated sigh? She shook her head, it definitely was time to sleep.
She tried to ignore her cat's yellow stare while preparing to go to bed.
And no, it was her over-active imagination. Of course Honey didn't wished her a good night just now.
Though, in the end, she was able to get some ideas for her homework.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 12-26-2008, 03:15 PM

She woke up early to write the paragraph and not be late. Not that Thorn would have noticed. She never did get math homework done. She'd have to get it done during English.
"Good-bye honey." She petted the cat under the chin the way she liked.
Honey purred out a "Goodbye."
"Honey? Did you..."

Galliechan
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-02-2009, 09:07 PM

"talk? Yes, I did talk, though you insist on not believing me." was the cat's reply.
Catelynn froze in mid-step and blinked.
Then, blinked again.
"Honey?" she called nervous, "I'm going, is there anything you want to say?"
A cute meow and slight incline of the head. Of course, as Catelynn closed the door accusing her over-imaginitive mind, she didn't see her cat's amused smirk.