Wildfirev
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-14-2009, 09:59 AM

I've decided I'll try my hand at this 100 drabbles thing. I found a list of my own... and I hope I'll be able to do something with it. Who knows, it might help pass the time at work.

Also if anyone wants to use this list for their own drabbles, please feel free to use them.

In any case, here's my list of 100 prompts;

1. Merry
2. Remember
3. House
4. Devil
5. Hope
6. Show
7. Tremble
8. Scare
9. Patron
10. Lost
11. Near
12. Loss
13. Before
14. Gain
15. Four
16. Windows
17. Sing
18. Wish
19. Drink
20. Technique
21. New
22. Weak
23. Understand
24. Story
25. Faith
26. Disappear
27. Magician
28. Quest
29. Obey
30. See
31. Point
32. Fin
33. Are
34. Defeat
35. Hymn
36. Sound
37. Film
38. Strangle
39. Eleven
40. Monster
41. Skeletons
42. Grace
43. Closet
44. Knife
45. Seduction
46. Dirt
47. Crawl
48. Demand
49. Emblem
50. Hard
51. Hello
52. Alone
53. Over
54. Force
55. Belief
56. Innocence
57. Coast
58. Seem
59. Vent
60. Diamond
61. Notebook
62. Promise
63. Ring
64. Cornerstone
65. Angel
66. Thousand
67. Guard
68. Earth
69. Yell
70. Return
71. Broken
72. Prepare
73. Suppose
74. Let
75. If
76. Leaf
77. Cloth
78. Thread
79. Needle
80. Glass
81. Apple
82. Cup
83. Overflow
84. Blind
85. Bonds
86. Sunset
87. Blood
88. Pillow
89. Clock
90. Exercise
91. Refuge
92. Initiative
93. Bias
94. Whim
95. Decrepit
96. Abandon
97. Fine
98. Weapon
99. After
100. Sarcasm

I think I'm going to have my work cut out for me.

Last edited by Wildfirev; 01-19-2009 at 03:57 AM.. Reason: added a comment as suggested

Wildfirev
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-14-2009, 10:10 AM

Prompt #1. Merry.

It had been a good day and night's work. She had enough for her food and drink, and possibly a little left over for a game of dice. Her day couldn't get any better. Well, it could. The barkeep could give her some of her drinks for free, but Tiaith didn't believe she would ever be that lucky.

Several glasses of ale later, Tiaith's mood only increased. For tonight, she could forget. Forget the screams, the sights, the emptiness. She could forget that her family was dead eight long years. Forget that her hair and eyes would always set her apart. No, tonight she could enjoy herself.

Grinning wide as she finished her meal, Tiaith began to sing a song she had learned a few towns away from this place. A song no proper lady should know, but one she enjoyed singing loudly as she tried to get others to sing, or perhaps dance with her.

Tonight, she would just be happy.

Wildfirev
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-14-2009, 10:27 AM

Prompt #2. Remember

A bright clear day. That's how she remembered it. Despite the clouds that had hung in the air threatening to rain. It was a clear day. Sky as blue as Etherian jays. The sun was as bright as the High King's crown. That was a good day.

Nothing like the threatening grey day with stormclouds looming as if they had known what would happen. The fact that she had run ahead in an attempt to get under some branches in case it did rain, saved her life. That she had crossed from Etheral to the Grand Plains, a simple little line, saved her.

Tiaith sighed as she looked thought the windows of the room she rented, stormclouds brewing in the air. She turned and laid down on the bed and remembered the warm sunny day that should have been.

Wildfirev
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-14-2009, 08:34 PM

Prompt #3. House

It was a decent sized house. Nothing too ornate on the outside, rather plain and boring really. Tiaith hope that this would mean that the local govenor would not choose a house such as this to live. She had barely gotten away the last time she accidentally choose the wrong house to steal from. Manack's govenor was still pitching a fit at the barrel's of wine that had been broken on her escape the last she heard. That had been an interesting get away. Just a bit of gold and several guards running after the barrels of wine rolling downhill.

Then again, seeing as how this house was so plain, there might not be anything of any true value for her to steal. She sighed as she watched the house a bit longer. She was low on funds and hated to resort to stealing, but with her hair and eyes, people tended to avoid hiring her for anything.
Grinning as the last of the candles in the house was put out, Tiaith smiled. Good, now all she had to do was wait a short time and sneak in. The city guards were too busy watching for invaders that none of them would be looking for thieves.

It was a perfect time to strike.

Wildfirev
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-14-2009, 08:47 PM

Prompt #4. Devil

It was in the details. Some would advocate for it. Others thought it was a cause. Tiaith however hated it. Especially this night. Nothing seemed to be going right. Everything seemed to have turned against her. Truly she hated nights like this.

Limping along she kept to whatever shadows she could find, wishing her dark head scarf hadn't been caught on a nail sticking out from the window as she hurried to escape her latest theft. Her silver white hair was stark and shone in the limited moonlight. It was a curse to stick out when you were running from guards.

She hadn't even managed to get anything of true value. Just a stupid little pendant. And now it seemed, the devil was after her.

Wildfirev
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-14-2009, 09:00 PM

Prompt #5. Hope.

She walked down a grown in path. It had been years since she had last been to this place and she wasn't sure what she would do once she got there. Would it be different this time? Would there be any change? Tiaith had grown out of her youthful optimisim and into an adulthood of pessimism. Nothing ever changed in this world. The weak stayed weak and were killed. The strong stayed strong and killed. Those who thought otherwise were deluding themselves with grandeur.

Stopping just a short way away from her destination, the violet eyed woman sighed. Was it right of her to keep doing this? Nothing ever changed. The ground was still black and no life would grow anywhere within Etheral. Whatever spell had destroyed the land, now cursed it to enternal rot. She could spell that from where she stood.

Making her decision, she pushed the branch in front of her aside. Staring at the black mass of land, she sighed and turned. It was still the same. it hadn't grown further than the boundaries of Etheral, so perhaps, there was some hope left. At least for the rest of the world.