For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-18-2015, 10:46 PM

Sushi is something that I really wanted to like. So I tried it multiple times in multiple places with all sorts of different ingredients. I just dislike too many ingredients for it to even be worth it for me.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-19-2015, 02:10 PM

No fish in any state for me.

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-19-2015, 05:48 PM

Fish is good! I really like fish, unless it's in sushi. Raw fish doesn't sit well with me D;

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-19-2015, 10:47 PM

Hi guys.

Same for me. I tend to like fried fish the best. Fried catfish is delicious. :D But I'll take a McDonald's filet o fish sandwich in a pinch. It's about the only thing I ever go to McDonald's for and that's once every few months, if that. I also liked it when they had their fish nuggets out for lent last year...or was it the year before? *shrugs*

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-20-2015, 12:01 AM

I love fish any way it comes, but I'm not crazy about fried fish. I'm very picky with fried fish. I've never tried the fish from McDonalds.

@Amane
I don't want to scare you, but one time I watched a special on Discovery channel of a man who ate sushi and got a horrible disease. I won't even go into detail but it was gruesome!
And you know what? I still eat sushi lol.

Oh! So you're from Louisiana, Cookie?
I have family in New Orleans and I've always wanted to go, but they're very distant. Do you miss Louisiana much?

Oh yeah, I definitely hate the crazy way older homes are built. But they do have a nice little charm to them, don't they?

I totally understand that about the "required books". I really loved the classic books that are required in school, I loved The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, I loved Lord of the Flies, I loved Peace Like A River, so I thoughts I'd get really into Wuthering Heights. I guess I need to read a little more to find out if I really hate it, though.

That's what's so crazy about the human mind! No one can really predict what will affect someone or what won't. Nothing is predictable and nothing can be compared because each trauma is unique to the person and each person's brain has a unique way of processing it. It always bothers me so much when people try to compare because it really cannot be compared.

Someone else I know went to see Kingsmen and they also said it was good! I'm definitely going to check it out, I liked Colin Firth in The King's Speech and he's been getting a lot of great press after Kingsmen came out!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-20-2015, 01:51 AM

My family is all from up here, but my parents moved to Louisiana before I was born.

To be honest, I miss more things about Rhode Island when I was down in Louisiana than the other way around. I mean, obviously there's some things, like my family and a few foods, but for the most part, I'm happy here...except that it's supposed to snow again this weekend and people are about to lose their minds!

I hate required reading. I'm one of those people who just stops when I don't enjoy things. I totally fudged my way through a few orals and essays when I couldn't force my way through the material in school. >_> But hey, Wuthering Heights could be the best book ever! Worth a try.

That's because people cannot comprehend something so outside of their own experience. I mean, look at our reaction to something as simple as someone not liking a food we love.

"You don't like broccoli?! What? How can you not like broccoli! That shit is delicious!"
"But I just don't like it. It's gross."
"You just haven't tried it in the right dish! You'll see!"

Or cats.

"How can you not like cats! Cats are THE BEST PET EVER!"
"But I hate how they use a litter box and jump on things and spread their toxoplasmosis germs. And the claws! I don't like being clawed by animals that depend on me."
"Oh, but they're so sweet! The internet is made of cats! I love cats. I have NINE!"
"That's great, I still don't like them."
"I just don't understand how you can't like cats!!!!"

Or sexuality.

"Liking guys and girls, isn't that greedy? Just pick one."
"I can't. Sometimes I'm attracted to a guy and sometimes to a girl."
"But why? That doesn't make sense."
"That's just what I'm attracted to."
"I don't understand!"

Point of this all, as much as we'd like to understand, understanding is not our job. Our understanding has no bearing on someone liking broccoli, not liking cats, or being bisexual. It's going to happen regardless of our opinion. So just accept it. Or shut up.

Even though we like to push it around here for the sake of conversation. But yeah, mostly it's people talking to hear themselves talk or make themselves feel important and authoritative. That's just how it is.

I'd like to see Kingsman again. It came out last month in England, so there's already a lot of clips and gifs circulating the internet. The fandom machine is getting fired up and starting to draw fanart.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-20-2015, 05:45 AM

Explaining how one can not like anybody that way is extra fun, though.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-20-2015, 06:32 AM

Mene is just one of those places that you can go at some of those subjects like a dog with a bone because it keeps the conversation going and stuff. But in real life, oh man, it can get so old. I haven't eaten pork for...a few decades. But my family always has to be "Why don't you like pork?" Always. Do you want me to write you a damn thesis? Why don't you like beets? Go away!

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-20-2015, 03:22 PM

I'm careful about what I tell my family because, one, they'll assume I don't mind them telling everybody, and two, they'll ask me questions about it I really don't feel like dealing with.