xOblivion
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-09-2007, 09:00 PM

Anyone have a favourite comic?

Quote:
What are your favorite comics and or web comics and why? Which ones are your favorites? Please specify if they are paper comics or web comis when posting, thank you.

Last edited by Iro; 01-14-2011 at 07:01 PM..

Chib
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-09-2007, 09:27 PM

Johnny The Homicidal Maniac
Nightmares And Fairytales
The Invisibles
Serenity Rose
Promethea

..Just a small list of a few of my favourites.

Xanadam
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-09-2007, 10:01 PM

I like the Fables series, though I am having issues locating the third volume.

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2007, 12:29 PM

Fables is good :D

light also read Runaway and Y the Last Man.

8)

Caramel-Filled Messiah
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 07:45 PM

I absolutely LOVE the Sandman, and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac is pretty entertaining. Other than those, I don't read comics that often...

` Toxic Whispers
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-11-2007, 09:25 PM

• Archie Comics.

Pizza Dude
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 03-13-2007, 02:27 PM

Bongo Comics.

(Simpsons & Futurama comics)

Hazel Harwood
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Hazel Harwood

Old 03-14-2007, 02:31 AM

I have yet to find a favourite, but I do plan on reading Blade by Marvel <3 They have the best comic books ^.^

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-14-2007, 02:45 AM

The only comics I ever really got into were the Crossgen comics - Meridian, Sigil, Scion, Ruse, etc. It's too bad that the company went under. I was reading the stories in the tradepaper anthologies they were publishing, so it got to a point where, while they were still putting out the single issues, they stopped with the TP's. So all the stories I got into, I never found out how they ended!

Sammi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-14-2007, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ` Toxic Whispers
  • Archie Comics.
Yes, those were always my favorite as a kid! :D

Krowhop

Old 03-15-2007, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliena
The only comics I ever really got into were the Crossgen comics - Meridian, Sigil, Scion, Ruse, etc. It's too bad that the company went under. I was reading the stories in the tradepaper anthologies they were publishing, so it got to a point where, while they were still putting out the single issues, they stopped with the TP's. So all the stories I got into, I never found out how they ended!
If you liked Meridian (which I did too) you might want to try reading the Anita Blake Comics... Don't know if you have read the books, but they are really good. The art is good in the same way, though the fantasy type is different. Anita Blake is a zombie/werewolf/vampire/ghouls type comic, baised as I said from the books by Laurell K. Hamilton. VERY good series, I think at least. They are for sure my all-time-favorite comic...and I usually don't even like comics! (not even *gasp* manga!) *Edit=Except Absolute Boyfriend...it is just fun.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-15-2007, 04:15 AM

I'll see if I can locate those, Krowhop. Thank you! I read one Anita Blake book years ago and it was alright, though I didn't get into it like the people who recommended the series did. Still, sometimes visualizing it all like in graphic novel form can bring a story alive on a different level. Thanks for the rec! And yes, Meridian = <3 My favorite of all the series.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 03-15-2007, 05:55 AM

Let's see the comics I love are:

Gloomcookie
Sandman
Nightmares and Fairy tales
Zombies
The Eternals
Strange Girl
Fables
Sin City
Johnny the Homicidal Maniac
i feel Sick
Lenore
Negative Burn
Hatter M
Civil War

And that is about it. Those have been what i have been reading lately.

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-15-2007, 04:24 PM

@AkashaHeartilly= It's too bad Civil War ended so weakly. It had the potential to be one of the better crossovers in years, but it went out with a fizzle.

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-15-2007, 04:40 PM

I'm a big comic book fan, have been since I was 10 or so and I still go almost every Wednesday (this week doesn't count, since I'm already at a $700 repair bill for my car and it's still rising; comics can take a backseat until I can see my girlfriend).

I usual read superhero comics, mostly Marvel. For my money, the best comic on the market is Ultimate Spider-man, even if it has become a touch on the goofy side as of late. Garth Ennis's Punsiher is typically awesome, but he's started repeating himself a bit too much. Apart from that, the DC/Vertigo titles and indies are usually pretty good: Preacher is amazingtastic, as is Sandman (and anything Gaiman writes, pretty much). Frank Miller was a god in the 80's, but now he's insane. And not in a good way (300, Batman: Year One and Dark Knight Returns, Sin City were all 80's, early 90's).

I was a fan of Jhonen Vasquez, but since he's become the Hot Topic whipping boy (through no fault of his own; he hates the pop-goth culture ... which is pretty much the underlying point of JTHM), I've been less enthused. Especially since he's hasn't done a damn thing since ZIM, save a 16 page Fillerbunny comic. Come on, Vasquez!

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 03-15-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Von Doom
@AkashaHeartilly= It's too bad Civil War ended so weakly. It had the potential to be one of the better crossovers in years, but it went out with a fizzle.
For me I was reading it because it looked like a prequel for Allen Moore's "The Watchmen" But yeah, the endings to both Civil War and The Eternals both made me unhappy. Both just kind of ended, nnd called it good. I do not think I will be giving into the Inative, or whatever is the new one. To me, especially with the Death of Captin America, that is seems like it might be heading the way of the watchmen,

Kind of funny, me and friends were discussing Captin America's death in the bar last week, and some drunk guy comes up and starts spouting off crap about bush and how we are being un-american. it was hillarious!

I've always found it funny how the ones who seem to love JTHM the most are the ones Vasquez tends to be making fun of.

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-16-2007, 04:09 PM

I like reading 'Pixie'. There is also 'Les naufragés d'Ithaq' and 'Skydoll' plus 'Sillage'. Appart from SkyDoll, they are french comics >.<

Bani
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-17-2007, 05:39 AM

I definately can not pick a my favorite. I'm into Marvel, DC. Anything. Love the new Wonder Woman series. Love the Justice League series'. I just recently purchased the Infinite Crisis series. LOVE IT SO MUCH. I keep rereading it. I did get the chance to read a few of the Civil War series. I like a few of the individual comics. I liked the Heroes for Hire point of view. Black Cat is one of my favorite's, and I learned more about characters I hardly knew. I hadn't seen much of Tarantula before. In general I LOOOOVE COMICS. Just went to the comic book store today to buy #4 and 5 of Wonder Woman. GOOD FUN!

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 03-18-2007, 11:24 PM

I'm a big fan of superhero comics, but my pick goes to Planetary. Why? Simply because of Elijah Snow. I love that ornery bastard so much. D: <3

As far as other titles go, I simply ADORE James Robinson's take on Starman, hte old old Gardner Fox Flash comics, Justice, and Cable & Deadpool. I read a lot of other stuff, but those are my favorites at the moment. I'm more of a DC fan than a Marvel one. Blame House of M for that.

I totally don't get Vasquez, though. His art is awesome, but he's just so disgustingly full of himself. He's so annoying about it, though.

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-22-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegretto
I totally don't get Vasquez, though. His art is awesome, but he's just so disgustingly full of himself. He's so annoying about it, though.
He really is. I find his stuff hilarious and his art style unique, but for as much crap as he gives the goth crowd, he sure mopes and moans about himself a lot. Not to mention he looks like such a little weiner. And the bastard hasn't done a damn thing since ZIM. Lazy jerk.

Tatiana Celeste
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2007, 03:17 AM

The Invisibles (I <3 Grant Morrison)
Strangers in Paradise
The Watchmen
Charm School
Tank Girl
JTHM,Squee
Lenore
Kingdom Come
The Amazing Screw on head

And a large majority of the Star Wars comics

kafine
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-27-2007, 11:43 PM

I like Ross Campbell's work. Apart from Fluffy by Simone Lia, his are the only non-Japanese comics I own :)

bana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-01-2007, 03:05 AM

I'm mostly a Marvel shipper and I love the X-Men, so the annuals and ultimate are at the top..

just started getting into amazing spider-man
the punisher's great too :3

Balthier
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 06:59 PM

1602, and V for Vendetta.

EDIT: AND BONE! OMG I can't believe I almost forgot about Bone. :P :shock:

plopy
*^_^*
Banned

Old 04-10-2007, 03:02 PM

PANGYA, i didnt read the all episode or chapter.. i