Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:30 AM

*pokes Sizzla back* o 3o HAYZ. You too! Are you wearing one of the new event face sticker thingys? I can't quite tell, but it somewhat looks like you are. Anyway~ I feel like reaching into this star basket and just tossing stars everywhere. 8)

Esmereina
Self proclaimed ingenius ^^

Old 08-10-2009, 02:30 AM

No problem hun! I love to help people out... i want everyone to be happy here.. i find that the more we spread the love and hospitality the better the community will be as a whole..^^

and Jen i agree with the stick figure art...lol

Jennifer

Old 08-10-2009, 02:33 AM

Sometimes people surprise me with stick figureish art (that I may or may not like). But I don't think I'd ever directly tell the person it looks terrible or not. So I'll just pay them a few gold coins and tell them thank you. :)

Esmereina

Old 08-10-2009, 02:35 AM

@Jen: they don't get mad if you don't pay what they ask?

oHsoDemandinG
Cha-cha-cha.....Charmin!!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:37 AM

I so know what you guys mean.

Jennifer

Old 08-10-2009, 02:38 AM

All stick figure art I have recieved has actually been a gift. But I tossed them some coins anyway. Except for one. It was during an old event here on this site. And she didn't have samples; but I decided to try for it anyway. I'll be blunt, it was terrible. But I payed the person the asking price and left, heh.

az_stars
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 AM

It's not my place to judge art, but I hope people learn to adjust their prices in relation to their work. It happened once to me - I was trying to sell something that I crafted online (for real money XD) and I charged too much for it. Looking in retrospect it was such a terrible work, and I didn't even put much effort into it but wanted a good price ... Well, I learned from my mistakes ~

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 08-10-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
*pokes Sizzla back* o 3o HAYZ. You too! Are you wearing one of the new event face sticker thingys? I can't quite tell, but it somewhat looks like you are. Anyway~ I feel like reaching into this star basket and just tossing stars everywhere. 8)
:XD Yeah, I have the silver star on. It's kinda hard to tell what it is, but I still like it. I bought a bunch of them. XP The more accessories I have, the better! XD

Yeah, it's a good time to use the star basket. It's been hard to use, but now there are a ton of commons that match it! :D

Jennifer

Old 08-10-2009, 02:42 AM

I suppose it's not my place either to judge art. It's like saying some people can be artists and some can't. I just have certain preferences I suppose. And it's understandable that some people do over-price art. Most people don't know the worth and others aren't exactly friendly enough to give them an estimate. I guess it's a good thing that there are forums where you can display your artwork and have others give you their thoughts on how much it should cost.

Sizzla - have you purchased all the event items yet? I plan to. I'm so stoked that they're at a reasonable price for this event. I was expecting the gowns to be really expensive like they usually are. So I'm happy their under 500 gold coins.

Esmereina

Old 08-10-2009, 02:45 AM

But you can sort of tell if no effort was made to the art.. i mean i am not one to judge either...but sometimes you can tell if its really bad...or if the person was sort of scamming you.. in a way.

but thats like 10% of the time.. i think

Jennifer

Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 AM

Practice helps you better your art skills.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-10-2009, 02:48 AM

@Jen: Well, I only had 16k to spend, so I didn't get everything yet. But I plan to add a few more things as the week goes on and I play more Tetris and chat more. XP I got most of the actual clothes I wanted. Most of the stuff I still need are the accessories that have gold and another color in them. Like the scarab earrings and bracelets...

I might buy some more Nero robes and Isis shoes... And an Athena dress, because I don't have one of those yet.

So yeah, I have quite a bit more to buy, but I'm working on it. XD

az_stars
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 03:19 AM

:D In any case giving away art for free is a good practice, especially since there's a little bit of pressure- it's not just for fun (although it is fun) but there's the added drive to do better and please people. I tend to do better when there's a little push :3

@Sizzla : I'm just going to add you to the fourth slot, if you are still interested. If you can just write the form for me it's be great~

I'm going to try to finish at least the lineart for all the requests before I go to bed. I think you can expect about Monday evening or maybe Tuesday morning for everything to be done. ^o^/

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-10-2009, 03:21 AM

Oh I am definitely still interested! Thank you! :XD

I'll fill out the form and edit this post with it. Thanks so much! ^_^

EDIT: it's posted below. :D

Last edited by Sizzla; 08-10-2009 at 03:24 AM..

oHsoDemandinG

Old 08-10-2009, 03:22 AM

Looks like your off to a good start az_stars. Good luck with your shop and meeting new people. ;)

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-10-2009, 03:24 AM

Name: Sizzla
What to draw: You can choose between my current avi (which has an Indian theme) or this one:
Type: Detailed
Colored or no?: Color please! :D

Anything else to add: I'm not too particular actually. You have full artistic freedom to add and subtract items at will. ;) Color scheme -- They're both blue, black, white and silver, so those colors would probably be good. :D

Thanks again! You rock! :XD

Kaotic
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 03:27 AM

Are people still putting up forms for later? Hope so. :D
Name: Kaotic
What to draw: My current avi, it won't change anytime soon. Promise. :)
Type: B colored please? It's pretty awesome.
Colored or no?: Yes please. :)
Anything else to add: I like stars, if you plan on adding goddess type stuff, silver stars are awesome. :)

az_stars
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 03:34 AM

@oHsoDemandinG : Yes, all thanks to your input ^____^ Oh, and just to let you know on the progress, the lineart for your chibi is finished. I just have to colour it ~

@Sizzla : You have been added :)

oHsoDemandinG

Old 08-10-2009, 03:37 AM

Oh wow really? Thanks! But I'm glad I could help.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-10-2009, 03:38 AM

Awesome. Thanks az! :D

Are you enjoying Menewsha so far? You're relatively new, right?

az_stars
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 05:37 AM

@Sizzla: Sorry for the late reply. (was painting >_<) I'm pretty new. I'm enjoying Menewsha so far, especially since this is my first avatar community. I just wish there was an easier way to keep track of the posts in subscribed threads >_<

@Kaotic: So sorry for the late reply! I didn't see your comment D: At this moment the slots are full, but when all of the current ones are finished I will be opening more. Thank you for your interest though~

Last edited by az_stars; 08-10-2009 at 05:39 AM..

oHsoDemandinG

Old 08-10-2009, 02:01 PM

Hey az, I love the picture you have in your first post. Did you do that?

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 08-10-2009, 02:06 PM

@az: Your subscribed threads can be found under the "My Account" link. :D I'm not sure what the trouble you're having is, but if you tell me, I'd be happy to help out. :D

Glad to hear you're enjoying Mene! :D And this is really your first avatar site? Wow! I don't see many people who've never been on an avatar site before. How did you find us? Usually people come from others sites like Mene. :)

az_stars
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 04:40 PM

@oHsoDemandinG: The watercolour one? yes I did :) It's supposed to be the moon goddess Selene and her lover Endymion. Since she is a celestial deity I thought it fit the event.

@Sizzla: I'm not having an actual trouble, it's just that sometimes when I'm subscribed to a thread where people post very often, I get flooded with new posts and can't keep up @_@ I get overwhelmed following the conversation when there are new comments being postsed every scond. But I don't think it's possible to somehow separate the comments directed at me from the ones directed at other people?

And I found out about Mene from another user in Deviantart. I think she's a pixelator here, actually. I like the graphics so I though I'd check this place out.

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 08-10-2009, 04:49 PM

Hey Az! ^^