Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.
Send a message via AIM to Kriddles Send a message via MSN to Kriddles

Old 09-02-2012, 04:36 PM

Private Roleplay between Kriddles and Teddy Bear Cupcake

Background

Times have become hard, resources are scarce and the world is on the brink of war once again. Countries have been threatening war against one another for food, materials, drugs and weapons. The struggle has continued through 50 years... and seeing the chance for profit an organization has risen up from the shadows. A mercenary academy who have named themselves FCotS. Strange? Not in this day and age. They are skilled in weapons of all kinds as well as martial arts and one other very special talent. A talent that very few have. The talent to breathe new life into nothing but pure air.

Ancient studies tell of stories of men and women fighting alongside and against creatures and deities. Though we find them to be myths and legends, a group looked further into the stories and found the source. The human spirit. In desperate situations the spirit is forced to fight back, and when controlled a select few are able to summon what we now call Caene. Spirit Partners that live within every one of us, but only few can summon.

The Academy learned of this art and started raising the 'Special' children. They raise a child at the age of fifteen and continue to train them until they are twenty-one. However, not all of the children they bring in make it out of the academy. If the child does not fit qualifications (Which they test in exams) they terminate the child (They can't have any leaks of their academy). The parents don't question about their missing child, because as soon as a child is accepted into the academy the parents are eliminated. Though the students do not know it, they are all orphans trained to forget their past and strive towards a future as a 'Breath' or 'Guardian'. The student is trained to be a weapon and nothing more. No love, no regrets, no emotion. Once the Student has graduated they would become a 'Breath' , a mercenary, or one of the many 'Guardians' who watched over the students.

Dictionary

Caene: A spirit within and a piece of the Human Spirit, can be a mythical creature, element, spiritual weapon (weapon with magical properties or appearance), a spiritual beast (a normal animal with magical properties or appearance.), or a spiritual being (A humanoid with magical properties or appearance).
The Caene (When summoned) lives off the Host Spirit, draining the Host's life as it remains visible to the Naked Eye. Many Hosts are able to let their Caene roam and fight for longer periods of time, but everyone must be cautious. If they are out for too long of a time the Host could die. The Caene also cannot be too far away from the host. The limit depends on the Host's control of their own spirit. When the host first summons their Caene, the Caene will create a unique tattoo on the Host marking them for life. Each person summons their Caene a different way. (You don't have to physically grab them)

Student: A teenager who is learning how to control their Caene and become a Breath or Guardian.

Guardian: A guardian is much like a mentor. Able to control their emotions they are free to express themselves any way they seem fit. They have been known to be cruel and abusive or even sometimes fall in love with their student. They mentor only one child at a time,but they have no say in whether or not the child is worthy of becoming a Breath or Guardian. The 'Exams' only can determine that. If the student fails they are terminated and the Guardian is to mentor a new student without second glance. If the student were to disobey, the Guardian AND the Student would be punished by the Headmaster. So when the Students start acting strange the Guardians get very protective and start watching everything they do.

Breath: An assassin or a one man army. Sent as a last resort this Mercenary can be highly dangerous. If a child were to escape the Academy, not only would their Guardians be sent out to eleminate them, but so would a Breath.

Profiles

My Name Is:Echo Chambers
I Am A: Student
History: On her fifteenth birthday two men in suits came to their run down house and offered a large sum of money in exchange for taking their daughter to the school. During her years, she has struggled summoning and controlling her Caene, though she is slowly improving.
I'm Like: She feels abandoned and wants to be stronger. The fact that she struggles infuriates her and she feels that it infuriates her Guardian as well. She fears that she might be the next person to disappear, because of poor performance.
I Look Like: Glamor Shot
My Weapon of Choice: Twin Blades
Caene's Name: Talos
My Caene Looks Like: Glamor Shot
My Caene Is Like: Talos is a strong offensive Caene who's strength is often too much for Echo's host spirit. He cares for her, but is often frustrated that she is weak willed.

My Name Is:Lucas Warren
I Am A: Guardian
History: Lucas excelled through his classes after joining the academy at the age of 15. He welcomed the idea of forgetting his past, seeing as though his home life wasn't much to be desired. At the age of 19 he was ready to become a Breath, however his Guardian expressed her opinion and said that he wasn't ready. That alone made him work harder towards the title. During his final test that determined whether he was ready for that title, he hesitated in eliminating a child target. Reminded of the one person he had always cared for: His younger sister. His guardian witnessed his weakness and threatened to report it, before ending up on the outskirts of the academy grounds with claw marks and bite marks on her body. He has yet to earn the title of a Breath, and has a deep hate that comes out through his Caene which he rarely releases.
I'm Like: He is able to control his emotions, and cares for few if anyone. He is a perfectionist, and it comes out through his students while his Caene is the epitome of Chaos.
My Weapon of Choice: Halberd
Caene's Name: Zypher
My Caene Looks Like: Glamor Shot
My Caene Is Like: Zypher is a very strong offensive Caene that is fueled by Lucas's emotions, thus he is very chaotic. He is one of the strongest Caene.

Opening Post

In the year of 2079, life wasn't glorified like many had predicted. There were no hover vehicles, or transporters. The ritzy neighborhoods looked colorful with neon lights lining the corners of towering skyscrapers, projections of commercials flashed across the buildings sides showing off the latest cosmetic lines, fashion and technology. Cars lined the roads as the evening traffic slowly started to wane at nine at night. People walked the streets if they were looking to enjoy the nightlife, talking, drinking and partying. It was a nightly escape that they told themselves that they needed. However, if you were to travel just a little south of these parts, you would find the slums. That's where most of them came from. That's where she came from and sometimes she still remained there. She remembered the day that they came for her, promising her and her family riches beyond compare. They willingly sacrificed her, never questioning anything in hopes for a better lifestyle. They said it would be like going to school and a new experience for her. They didn't budge. She wondered what they were up to now. If they ever thought about her. In the four years she had been here, not once had she ever heard from them through a letter or phone call. She pushed her hair back behind her ear letting out a silent sigh, before closing her eyes as a Guardian shot a 15 year old back against the wall. "Block!" They were in their final group session of training for the day. She could feel herself growing weaker as she had summoned her Caene several times already. Endurance training is what they called it... torture was what she called it. Her brown eyes looked up to see her opponent before placing her hands on her chest and called to him. Wings appeared at her back for a heartbeat of a second lifting her feet off the floor, before she clasped her hands against her chest and pulled her Caene out through her tattoo.

Last edited by Kriddles; 09-07-2012 at 03:16 PM..

Teddy Bear Cupcake
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Teddy Bear Cupcake

Old 09-03-2012, 01:03 AM

Profiles

My Name Is: Jaklyn Rellik (Jacks)
I Am A: Student
History: Jacks' mother abandoned her soon after she was born, and she never knew her father. Instead she was raised by an older couple, Maggie and Walter, who claimed to be her Aunt and Uncle. A few years ago officials came to take Jacks away. Maggie and Walter tended to try and stay right by the law, hoping that no harm would come to their family, but they fought to keep her, eventually loosing and promising Jacks they would right and visit. It's been five years now without a word.
I'm Like: Jacks is a very cautious girl. She is very powerful and can keep her Caene out for hours without tiring, though she usually doesn't. For the most part Jacks is quiet and tries not to draw attention to herself.
I Look Like: Picture Pending
My Weapon of Choice: Fire
Caene's Name: Apollo (Jacks calls him Steve)
My Caene Looks Like: Steve
My Caene Is Like: He's the more human between himself and Jacks. He's got more of an active personality. Granted, this does make him rather rash at times, but he does everything he can to protect Jacks, and help her make it through everything.

My Name Is: Maxene Siever (Maxi)
I Am A: Guardian
History: Maxi was 5 years old when she was taken to the Academy. Starting at such a young age, Maxi is very closed and cold to most people. After graduating, she had good enough marks to become a Guardian. She takes most of her training strategies from her own Guardian, tending to be rather harsh, and pushing training as far as she can. Despite a hard training criteria, Maxi cares for her Student, wanting her to stay safe and tap into her full potential. She is a bit protective over Echo Chambers (her current student) due to her difficulties, but also pushes her extra hard.
I'm Like: Maxi seems cold to most people, having learning the best place for your emotion is staying inside you. However, she does have feelings and feels emotion, she simply doesn't express it. She may also be somewhat disproving if you don't try or she knows you can do better and you simply won't.
My Weapon of Choice: Bolster Sword
Caene's Name: Isis
My Caene Looks Like: Isis
My Caene Is Like: She is calm and respected, quiet and wise, she often calms Maxi when her emotions well-up.

Maxi Seiver watched the skirmish going on in front of her, her arms crossed, with Isis sitting calmly beside her. She could feel the muscles in her mouth tensing up as she ground her teeth harshly together. Echo Chambers, Seiver's Student, was certainly taking her time drawing her Caene out. They had worked on this so many times, it always irked Seiver to see her struggle so. And Thomas, the Guardian who was ready to fight Chambers, wasn't about to go easy one her. Seiver preferred being the one to spar with her own student, but after a spat with Thomas himself, Isis had torn a nasty rip in her wing, causing Seiver's shoulder to seize up in pain if she worked it too hard. She would be ready for training by the next day. As it was now, Thomas was ready to give Echo a harsh beating.
Kirk Thomas was one of the best fighters in the Academy, on his way to becoming a full-fledged Breath. Considering how badly he had beaten Seiver in their fight just the week before, Seiver had argued against him taking over Echo's training. But no one seemed to care that much, thinking someone more advanced might be able to make further progress with the Student for the long week he had taken over.
Seiver flinched. Yes...Thomas was winning. It wasn't even a contest really. It took more to train a Student than just beating on them. Seiver had tried to explain that to Thomas when she sat in on the training sessions. He didn't listen. It wasn't that Seiver wanted Echo to fail. No, she defiantly didn't want that. Seiver's last Student, a boy named Michel Campbell hadn't preformed to standard, disappearing in their second year together. Seiver never wanted it to happen again.
The training session over, Seiver walked to where Echo was recovering. "You did well." it wasn't a total lie. Thomas was far to advanced for anyone to expect a Student to have a chance against, and Echo was still alive, so she hadn't failed too miserably.

Jaklyn Rellik hugged her legs close to her, staring blankly out the window. She blinked her pale eyes, struggling to see more of the city below her, but the dim-light made it almost impossible for her. Living with eye-sight like hers was never easy, and the first few years she had been at the Academy, she had been terrified they would use it as an excuse to kill her. But her connection with her Caene, Apollo, seemed to convince them otherwise. Apollo, or as Jacks called him, Steve was fluttering around her head before settling on her shoulder. "You've got work." he pointed out. "You were lucky to get off training tonight, but you still have other work to do."
Jacks followed his gaze to the pile of notebooks and papers that were piled on her desk. The only thing she had that was even remotely "normal". Homework. Learning about their history and how to crack codes and such was very highly pressed at the Academy. Jacks scratched her palm before finally moving from her comfortable seat to pick some of the papers up. She looked over the notes for a moment. "Training would be preferable right now." she said, turning on the desk light so she could see better. It didn't do much for her. Steve alighted on the desk, blowing so a small controlled fire hung over them both. It's light was cast on the walls.
Jacks didn't know why she had been left out of training that day. She hopped it was a simply sign of kindness from her Guardian, but there was also a chance that something had gone wrong. Some kind of news that they had for her. Concentrating was hard enough most nights, but tonight it was impossible. Finally Jacks gave it up, putting the papers away and leaving her room, Steve gripping a hold of the black cap that covered her short red hair, giving her warnings about finishing in her work. Jacks ignored him as she went outside, feeling the breeze for a moment. There were other groups that would be coming back from training sessions from the city soon.

Last edited by Teddy Bear Cupcake; 09-08-2012 at 01:31 AM..

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:31 PM

[[OOC: I had to change Echo's age. She is too much of a novice to have survived the years other wise.]]

"As a student grows stronger, your Caene will become stronger able to take more damage or use it's abilities more before it starts to effect the Host Spirit." That was the second lesson we learned in our class.

The spar between her a Thomas was near unbearable. With every attack his Caene made on her's after the first five attacks she felt the sting on her own body. She forced Talos forward, the large Gryphon was always on the defense and never the offense with Thomas. After her Caene had taken a heavy blow to the stomach he quickly retreated back into Echo. The blow took a toll on her, causing her to fall onto her knees. Talos was frustrated with her again, she could feel the heat in her chest rise and suppressed it. She watched as Thomas walked away before looking up at her guardian. "You're lying. I'm not any stronger than I was last week... or the week before." She said shaking her head. She hesitated before she stood. "I will train more tonight. I have to. Otherwise they will remove me from the academy." she said picking up her twin blades.

There was a soft knock on the door, before her Guardian allowed himself in. "I see you've already started on your paperwork. Have you trained tonight?" Lucas asked, his arms crossing his chest. "If not, you will be training with me and Zypher." he had never trained with her using his Caene before. Instead he had usually paired her off with other students, watching her from afar and giving her instructions or only trained her using his choice weapon, a halberd. He looked at her Caene, before turning to walk away. "Meet me in the Training Hall in ten minutes."

Last edited by Kriddles; 09-07-2012 at 01:15 PM..

Teddy Bear Cupcake
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-06-2012, 11:55 PM

Seiver stayed silent at her Student's response. After a moment she shrugged. "If you think that way." she responded to Echo's fears of removal. Of course that wasn't what Seiver truly thought. Losing another student would almost be as hard on her as it would be on Echo. Though, with any luck, Seiver would still be alive at the end of it. "I'll be there to." she decided. For several reasons. First off, she wanted to go ahead and do some light training herself. Nothing too harsh that she would hurt herself again, but Seiver was feeling restless. Also because she didn't want Echo to overwork herself. There would be more to do tomorrow with Seiver officially back in the training sessions, and she wanted Echo at her best. Even if that wasn't much. With a short swish and a flash of light, Isis returned to her place in Seiver for her to make her way to the Training Hall. She didn't know if Echo was following right away, but she didn't bother to look. She would be there eventually, and until then, Seiver could work more on herself.

Jacks sighed. "There goes our free night." Steve muttered. Jacks shrugged, shuffling papers into their rightful folders and putting the caps on her pens. "We've never fought against Zypher." He commented fluttering down to stand on the desk for a moment, crossing his arms. "You're not nervous?" he asked. Jacks shrugged again. Of course Steve knew she was nervous. She had gotten good enough at fighting to be able to go up against other Students without having to exert too much power into creating light, but she didn't want to take the risk against Lucas. With this in mind, and from the annoying presence of Steve asking questions like that, Jacks closed her eyes, willing him back in. He resisted slightly before giving in and allowing himself to sink back into the red wing on Jacks' arm. It would take a good eight minutes to get to the Training Hall, which was perfect as the effort of organizing had taken only one minute and thirty seconds according to the clock on Jacks' desk. That left a whole half minute to spare. Jacks always tried to be as punctual as possible. It was one of the values she had been taught back home that was considered useful here.
With fast paced steps Jacks started her journey to the Training Hall. By the time she got there, with the estimated thirty seconds left, she found Lucas already there.

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:49 PM

She remained in the training hall as the others left for their dorms. Once the last student had left she took a seat against the wall, pulling her notes out of her bag. She read through them, pressing the palm of her hand against her forehead. She needed to shave time off her summoning. Why did it take so long?
You aren't strong enough.
"Thanks for the vote of confidence." She muttered pushing her hair back. She slowly heard the door open as one of the Guardians entered the room. He glanced her way, making her stir from her seat before he raised a hand to motion her to sit back down. He was shirtless, showing off his massive tattoo. that spanned a large portion of his arm and back. He watched the door, arriving only a short time before his student did.

"You are very punctual." He muttered as he watched Jacks quickly entered the training room. He didn't waste any time getting into the lesson as he started speaking, "You seem fairly comfortable summoning your Caene and keeping him out for long periods of time. I've also watched you as you have defeated many opponents. Would you say you are confident enough in your abilities that you believe you could defeat any opponent that you come in contact with? Answer honestly, modesty only kills you." He said, his arms crossed at his chest.

Teddy Bear Cupcake
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-08-2012, 01:21 AM

Seiver had spent the last few minutes warming up in a back room. She had stripped off her long sleeved shirt and changed into her old white tank top. Her Caene tattoo glistened already with sweat from it's place, starting at the base of her head, down her neck and falling down onto the right side of her collar bone. She held her large bolster sword out at arms length before swinging it once over her head, bringing it down in a graceful arch, stopping perfectly an inch above the ground. Grimacing at the pain, Seiver pulled on a pair of leather grip gloves and shouldered the sword before exiting the room into the main Training Hall. She nodded at Lucas who was training with his student before making her way to Echo.
Silently she sat next to her. "You need a better connection with your Caene." she mentioned, glancing at the notes Echo was pouring over.

"Confident? Do you even know what that means... Steve broke through the mental barrier the two had managed to put up to save them both some sanity. Jacks twitched her teeth together. Truthfully her abilities were never something Jacks thought about. She lived much more in the moment of her work, thinking only about the battle as it happened, anticipating the next move of her opponent as to duck out of the way, or to know it was safe enough to let out a shot of flame without any negative repercussions. Truly it had been a while since Jacks had lost a spar. But those were only against Students. Students who weren't as advanced as she was, who couldn't control their Caene like she could, or Students who weren't use to having a giant ball of flame shooting towards their face.
So, to answer honestly, "No." Jacks, a girl of few words, told Lucas. She didn't offer an explanation.

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:49 AM

Echo held still, looking down at the pages. "I am trying my hardest to make that connection." She said fingering the corner of the page as she stared at the words. They started to blur before blending together. "I'm missing something and it is costing me." She said flatly.

He smirked. Something few guardians did. He rubbed his chin before shaking his head. "Of course you're not... But you will be. Attack me with everything your Caene can muster. We won't even bother with weapons this training period." He said, standing there holding out nothing but his arm. His tattoo gleaming before dimming again. His blue eyes focused on his student.

The room was still, all the students were most likely asleep in their dorms again. He hadn't summoned Zypher yet, the Caene was a mystery even to most of the other Guardians in the academy.

Teddy Bear Cupcake
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-08-2012, 03:53 AM

Seiver thought for just a moment about what to do, "Summon him. I want you to spend time, not fighting, just out together. Do it. Now." she wanted to see Echo summon her Caene, thinking maybe she could find what was so wrong, help Echo to fix it if this didn't work. If there was nothing to find, there was always a chance Isis could try and help Echo's Caene find some connection with his parent soul.

Yes, she was nervous. Jacks had a horrible feeling that this wouldn't end well at all. Even so, she summoned Steve. It wasn't difficult for her at all, there was no change in her expression as she kept her eyes glued to her Guardian. An orange glow surrounded the tattoo on her arm, and Steve drew himself out. He took his place, floating up above Jacks head, casting his light out so she could see. The silence stretched out. Having never Lucas fight with his Caene, much less ever even see the thing, Jacks had no idea what to expect. That was what made her nervous, it had nothing to do with the beating she knew would follow. Jacks raised her hands into a clasped position in front of her chest, Steve following her movements perfectly. At times like this it was as though they were one conscious, one being. Jacks could feel his wings beat, the way they made his back twitch where they were connected. Likewise, Steve could feel her feet, solid on the ground, knees slightly bent to help her grip.
Fire suddenly swarmed out of the clasped hands, of Steve. Together they were able to control it as the cloud of flame grew, blossoming out, flying forward to engulf the Guardian across from them.

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 AM

She looked at her Guardian a little confusion crossing in her face before she stood. She was exhausted, but at least she wouldn't be fighting along her Caene. She closed her eyes before putting her hands to her chest and pushing, the wings unfolding from her back before she pulled out the large creature from her chest. The gryphon flexed it's wings before it gave out a loud cry. As the cry died, the beast folded its wings and stepped in front of Echo, nudging her hand with it's beak. She recoiled her hand before looking down at Talos.

The blooming cloud of fire enveloped him, his arm merely left arm in front of him bending at the elbow. As the fire faded, leather wings had folded around him before they vanished again. Only a small burn on his cheek. "Do better." He said, "Don't restrain... because if you do," He said holding his arm out in front of him and allowing for those same massive leather wings unfolded from his chest before the creature clawed its way out from his body. It was enormous. The creature let out a unholy cry before looking at Jacks. It took a step forward, "you won't survive this night."

Echo turned to look at the Caene that had just been summoned before her heart plummeted to her stomach. What was that thing?

Teddy Bear Cupcake
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 PM

Seiver shook her head. "You need to be more comfortable with him. Contact, communication. Just know what he is isn't enough. You need to know who he is." It sounded really cheesy when Seiver said it out loud. But it was true, it was impossible to truly connect with your Caene unless you really worked at it, as though it were human. The Caene were suppose to be the part of your soul you didn't know. If you wanted to control it, you had to get to know it.

Jacks winced as her Guardian let out his Caene. She didn't even know what it was. For a moment, Steve seemed to shrink, the already tiny fairy looking withered and powerless. The moment of shock passed over Jacks however, and instead a new form of determination. The Caene was daunting, there was no doubt about that. But at the same time it fueled the part of Jacks that always strives for perfection, for power, the part of her usually laying dormant in both her and Steve.

"Apollo." she whispered. Calling her Caene by his real name was a rarity. But in doing so she passed her newfound determination onto him and the two became a small island of calm in the face of such a terror. There was no doubt if Jacks managed to survive this, she would come down off her blood-lust high and feel the horror that anyone facing this would feel at that moment. As of now though, she felt nothing.

There was a technique that Apollo and Jaklyn had never tried. That was what they were going to do now. It took concentration, energy, but if it worked, it would also save their lives. Jacks closed her eyes, putting her hands together again. Slowly Apollo glowed orange. Then he began to grow. He grew until he was a towering avatar, standing twice the height of a normal man. Jacks didn't want to push him bigger for fear of wasting too much energy. She herself was overwhelmed at what they had managed to accomplish.

Seiver turned at the sounds of Lucas' Caene being summoned. She had never seen it for herself, only hear rumors from the older Guardians. The thing that pulled it's way out of his body was a monster. The giant caused Seiver to reactivity flex her hands through there gloves. What happened next was a surprise to her. His student didn't seem frightened. Instead she had straightened, pouring her own power into another move, until the two Caene stood close to the same size.