Insomniac
Administrator
  • Challenge Insomniac in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 09:35 PM

Hey everyone, I'm in the middle of testing out a new feature. Below the first post in every thread there is now a Like button. This is connected to facebook and is a really quick way for you to share any thread you like with your friends elsewhere.

We may or may not keep this feature around. We may go as far as offering gold incentive for clicking it at some point.

Give me your feedback, what do you think?

anissina
  • Challenge anissina in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 PM

my first thought is that i would be really easy to abuse the button to get gold if that was mad a possibility. if there were something to prevent that abuse to make money then i would be all for it. i don;t have any friends on facebook that are members here but i can see how people who have friends on both sites would like this feature.

Insomniac
Administrator

Old 05-26-2010, 09:43 PM

I'd say abuse would be pretty easy to curve. For example by saying only one sum of gold per 12 hours. Or per day, or a certain max per week.

Jennifer
  • Challenge Jennifer in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 09:45 PM

Sounds cool. I should probably create an account solely for adding my friends from Menewsha. I am on there more often and it'd be easier to share topics. I give it three thumbs up.

anissina
  • Challenge anissina in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 09:45 PM

if a rule like that is in place then i think its a great idea. ^_^ like i said i might not use it but it sounds useful for others.

Insomniac
Administrator

Old 05-26-2010, 09:49 PM

I appreciate the feedback :)

Ode
  • Challenge Ode in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 09:54 PM

I will probably never use it, to be honest. :P

Elegant Feather Duster
  • Challenge Elegant Feather Duster in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 09:54 PM

I don't mind having the ability to connect mene to facebook and it might mean good publicity for the site. But personally I would be against the gold incentive. I know that I try hard not to "spam" my friends on facebook with notifications and it seems a little unfair to give gold to the people who do and not give gold to people who may choose to not connect to facebook for reasons unrelated to whether they actually enjoy the thread.

EternalHearts
Send a message via AIM to EternalHearts Send a message via Yahoo to EternalHearts
  • Challenge EternalHearts in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 09:55 PM

It's likely not something I'd ever use because I don't like to spam up my friend's feeds. But it's cool for those that want to use a feature like this, or if I want to make sure my friends that play here see something (I just usually can't be botehred to filter my posts to Facebook, so don't post things that need to be filtered)

Ode
  • Challenge Ode in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 10:02 PM

I just want to separate the worlds. Mene is my ESCAPE from the drama of FB.

Larakat
  • Challenge Larakat in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 11:03 PM

Although I would probably hardly use it I like the option of being able to post on facebook from Menewsha. I also like the gold incentive. ;)

kisskiss
Send a message via AIM to kisskiss Send a message via MSN to kisskiss Send a message via Yahoo to kisskiss
  • Challenge kisskiss in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 11:09 PM

I like the idea of being about to share mene with my friends on facebook.
but the gold seems open to abuse.

Skykittykat
  • Challenge Skykittykat in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 11:12 PM

Wow Inso that's a great idea. I like it! *giggles*
I'll definitely use the feature whether there's a gold incentive or not.
Though getting extra gold for spreading the new would be pretty cool.

Bartuc
  • Challenge Bartuc in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 11:22 PM

I like it for a simple ability to be able to rate threads that way without having to create a 'status symbol' for the specific user themselves.

As for the gold cap. I would make the cap kind of like how the games work, a 24-hour period cap.

Winter Wind
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind
  • Challenge Winter Wind in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 PM

That's cute. :3

I think it'd be fine, but no gold for clicking the like button.

Michy Lea
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea
  • Challenge Michy Lea in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 11:29 PM

I have no friends on Mene. All my FB friends are friends from offline and none of them are interested in Mene, so I doubt I'd use the Like button...

Arikana
  • Challenge Arikana in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 11:45 PM

I like the idea, cause it'd be a great way to bring in more people to the site from Facebook.

But I disagree with the possibility of giving out gold for clicking it because even with rules, people would probably just click it for gold and not cause they actually like a certain thread.

a_shy_girl_1999
Send a message via AIM to a_shy_girl_1999
  • Challenge a_shy_girl_1999 in the Arcade

Old 05-26-2010, 11:55 PM

I dunno, I don't usually click those buttons to show stuff on my Facebook, I don't like it getting cluttered, lol XD It looks like a neat feature thou.

phrank
Banned
  • Challenge phrank in the Arcade

Old 05-27-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode View Post
the above post is how I feel.
my friends would make fun of me.
;;

blueblackrose

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose
  • Challenge blueblackrose in the Arcade

Old 05-27-2010, 12:31 AM

I don't use facebook so I don't have an opinion.
*hears all kinds of gasps*

Not really sure how many other users have a facebook, but I figure most do since it's a big thing.

Insomniac
Administrator

Old 05-27-2010, 02:39 AM

I hear you all, and I agree, I don't like cluttering up my friends with spam either. Between anti-abuse measure and a few other tweaks I think this could be really helpful though :)

Keyori
  • Challenge Keyori in the Arcade

Old 05-27-2010, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode View Post
I am the same way :yes:

If it links my FB account to my Mene account(s), then I won't use it. I don't want FB friends having my Mene info, and I don't want Menewshans to have my FB info. I've had some bad experiences mingling the online world with the real life world before.

If I can keep the two independent, then I might use it.

I'd much prefer if my FB info wasn't disclosed to anyone at all (sorry Inso, my Paypal is all you get ;P), and if it didn't publish anything to my news feed without prompting me first.

As for the gold reward... I'm neutral. Arbitrarily, I'd say a cap of five threads a day to reward users. Weekly caps don't make sense; I wouldn't want to "use up" my likes at the beginning of a week when I find a new thread at the end of the week that is way better (and then forget about when the cap resets).

Last edited by Keyori; 05-27-2010 at 04:09 AM..

Esmereina
  • Challenge Esmereina in the Arcade

Old 05-27-2010, 04:09 AM

Personally, I think it would be good since I am on Facebook everyday anyway. And I like that mene would be somehow linked to that.

And for the gold part... I think it would be doable. But I would probably use the facebook feature even if I didn't get gold for it.. ^^

Insomniac
Administrator

Old 05-27-2010, 04:11 AM

Keyori, there is no link between the two, and no one is privy to your likes unless they are also your friend on facebook. I do get a notification sent to the server that you clicked like, however it doesn't contain your facebook info, so all I know is that your mene account clicked like and what page it was you liked. Easy aye? :)

Goblin Maiden
  • Challenge Goblin Maiden in the Arcade

Old 05-27-2010, 04:16 AM

I, too, would like to separate Mene and my FB... Mostly because most of the people who are my "FB friends" would just not get whatever post I liked, since they don't go on avatar communities. 8P I will personally never use the Like button for this. :3

I do, however, think that it is a cool feature for people who feel that it is relevant to themselves. 8)