Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2007, 01:12 PM

Fable stepped inside, he had hung back out of uncertainty, but what he found behind the door was more than he had bargined for. The room shifted and flowed and his eyes traced around the shimmering lights until they fell upon the figure in the center. He stopped....the figure that stared back at him, eyes matching gold for gold, was Fable. No, not Fable not as he was...as he was...and as he wanted to be again. To start his life over from the beginning. He shook his head and listened, when the Oracle had finished explaining everything, Fable spoke up, his question imperative though the answer he feared.
"Yeah I got a few." He curled a hand around his thin hips and cocked his head. Cocky as ever, he wasn't going to let the sight before him send him into a state of humility, he bowed before no man, King or Queen, Lord and Master,Oracle or no.
"You say that these Mages are going to be bound to us right? Does that mean that they know what we're thinking as well as we do? What happens if the one who is bound to one of these Mages dies? Would they die as well? And if so what would that mean for Ashiro?" If Fable could help it, he wasn't going to have any sort of Magic user bound to his body invading his mind, his 'self' that he had worked so hard to preserve. His thoughts were private, though frightening at times, and he wanted to keep them that way. His other reasons were more noble if that's what you could call them, if one of these Mages died..that could vey well be detrimental to the city, since he still couldn't be sure as to the action he was going to take, Fable thought it better safe than sorry.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Tet Anon

Old 07-31-2007, 08:08 AM

((Thank you all! >3 I wanted a smalll representation of the mages for visual reference. Fiz. XD So sorry. I thought i'd mentioned in pm that it was okay for you to chose your own elemental alignment as long as it went along with the stone's representation she chose. You can say she had a double glyph of something earthly and something else if you like. ))

Nahkiga watched first Calcephony as she moved and seemed to seriously consider the mages that stood in their places before her. As she examined each the eyes that followed her took brief note of certain aspects about her. Nahkiga noticed the questioning look in Calcephony's eyes and he whispered to her "if you've chosen, you may stand in front of the platform the mage stands upon" he stated softly. Nahkiga wondered to himself which calcephony would choose. For he had his ideas, but he wondered what her path would be. Nahkiga's fingers slid to his own neck where a necklace with an orb hung. the clear orb holding a moon and a star like the mark upon his cheek within the orb. he held it in his hand as he thought to himself.

To himself Nahkiga wondered what each of the people there saw when they looked upon the oracle. Looking up the female figure with the dancing cloth that flowed like it floated in water around her with her hair seemed to him a familure sight. To Calcephony it was a dragon, but he knew this not. and to Danica a tiger. Yet he knew this not either. Ecnaider saw the oracle as a unicorn. Yet he still did not know this. Nor did he know of the mirror image that Fable himself saw. Yet if he did, he could tell very much about the people there by this.

Nahkiga noticed the looks cast then by Danica. The girl seemed just as confused as any of the others. Looking to the oracle, the oracle seemed quite ahead of him on addressing the issue "Once you've decided, you may approach the platform which belongs to the mage of your selection." The oracle spoke in a fluid voice.

At long last when a question was given the Oracle's voice rang out as wisely and fluid as ever. "No. The mages will not know what you are thinking. The mages will be able to communicate to you as if their voices are carried on a whim. or if you open your thoughts to them, but if you wish for them not to know your thoughts. Then your thoughts they will not know. If the mage dies, then you will merely loose the power of the blessing he or she has given you. Should you die, the mage's power, and possibly the mage them self will die as well. The mage is entrusting you with their most precious attribute. A part there of. A part of their soul. Should you die, their soul will only be half complete, a mage cannot live as a mage with only half a soul. In some cases, if the mage is powerful, they will loose all magical ability and become as they would be if not born with these great powers. In nahkiga's case. He would be nothing more than a half vampire. In the case of a weaker mage the mage would die along with the one he or she was bound to. " The oracle paused for a brief moment "If the power of the mages is lost. Then the darkness would have nothing to keep it from spreading and if the darkness found their hands upon the heart of ashiro before you all do. well. Let us just say that the world of ashiro would cease to be. " The oracle said so very vaguely.

The oracle was bound within principle and tradition not to reveal to much of the future or the paths the future could take. whether the oracle knew only the paths or the actual future that was to happen was a mystery noone but the oracle knew. Nahkiga stood from where he was stepping back to the circle with the others "I know it's frightening to ask you to bind yourself with another person, but I promise you that it is perfectly safe for you all. As for us mages. We know very well the consequences of our gifts. And we know very well what may happen if they are abused or if something should happen. We trust in our heroes and in the oracle and we live our lives to do what is right. This to us is what is right. No mage would be here if they did not know these things. So please if it's our lives you are concerned with do not bother to worry yourself with them. " nahkiga explained.

"As for your own. No harm will come to you no effect upon your free will. You will merely be entrusted with power you will need when the darkness is reached and along the path there. " Nahkiga looked to the them all giving them an assuring smile "I have been bound to Lucik since his birth. And he nor I have ever suffered any ill effects. " he explained. "in fact it's this unity which keeps him safe and from things undesirable from happening around him. " he looked to calcephony and fable then "Do you remember when we where trying to rescue him? And when I held him down. There's more to him than any of you realize and if it weren't for my connection to him he would not be the prince you all know vaguely. " he laughed a little "Although he still is a pain as i'm sure you've noticed. No matter. " he looked back to the oracle "the matter of selection is still at hand."

The oracle spoke softly "Yes. Do you have any more questions for me Fable." the oracle spoke with a knowledgeable tone.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2007, 01:40 PM

He listened, but as he did so, his head sunk lower and lower. He had his answer and he clenched his fists. This was stupid. If he died after recieving part of a Mage's soul...they might die as well...then what would happen if this Darkness rose again...defeating it now meant nothing if it was just going to come back and threaten future generations.
"This is stupid." He muttered to himself.
"Completely and utterly RIDICULOUS!!!!" He spat and glared at the Oracle.
Then he raked his burning gaze over the Mages there.
"You all are stupid, what good is it going to do us if either the Bound, or the Bindee dies?! You're supposed to take care of Ashiro, right? Why would you take risks like this!? From what I've heard, there's a good chance that only a handful will make it back out alive! Yet you sit there and place blind faith in those that were 'chosen' to protect, we 'heroes' of Ashiro. We can't deny the facts that you may very well lose your lives here. Then what? What if this thing comes back and you're all DEAD!? HOW WILL THAT HELP THE WORLD THEN!?" Fable's sardonic tone permeated his speech, he was leaning forward pressing accusingly toward the Mages and the Oracle itself, gold eyes flashing...behind tears that pressed against his cheeks. He pulled back shuddering, grinding his teeth. Head pressed firmly to his chest.
"Putting blind faith in someone is stupid....I'm stupid for doing it myself." Fable felt so empty. He'd wanted to die....HE had wanted to die...not cause someone else's death as a result of it, and certainly didn't want to cause long term problems for Ashiro. He just.....he wanted to take an easy way out for once...not have to go back and admit that he was wrong. He was scared, more now than ever, not of the battle ahead, for he thrived on blood and war...but of the thought of having to place trust in those that had put it in him.

He shook as he raised his head.
"So why do anything half-way?" He smirked in his usual fashion and flipped back a lock of hair that had fell into his face.
"Why only be stupid part of the time." He understood what he had to do. He sighed in the calm after his outburst and made his way over to the Fire Mage. He stopped and then looked up into her eyes.
"I'm doing something that I haven't done in years. I'm trusting you...and myself to not die while I'm in there...but I can't garantee anything." He stopped and pointed a single digit in her direction.
"So if you die because of me it's only cause you're weak!"

Rin Namami
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Rin Namami

Old 07-31-2007, 04:24 PM

(( Sorry if this turned out weird... my brother was distracting me every other minute. XP ))

Calcephony looked up. Her eyes met Nahkiga’s and she managed a small smile of thanks. The Wind mage was still standing quietly on her platform. The light glow from her platform was a soft shade of white, giving her an almost heavenly appearance as it did the others. Calcephony stepped forth, albeit a little hesitantly as she went over her choices once more.

She was about to move a step closer to the Wind mage’s platform when Fable spoke up. His questions were valid and understandable. She was wondering why she had not thought of any of them before. Calcephony stopped to look up at the Oracle, wanting to see how she would react. Surprisingly, the Oracle was just as calm as ever. It was nice to know that the mage she would be bound to would not have to know what she was thinking. When it came to the part where the Oracle explained about dying, Calcephony clenched her hands into fists as they held her armour to her chest; her quiver of arrows and bow were slung over her shoulder.

“In the case of a weaker mage the mage would die along with the one he or she was bound to.”

Upon hearing this part, Calcephony looked up at the mage she had chosen. So there was the chance that, if she died, the mage she would be bound to might die as well? She let her gaze drop as the explanation continued. Calcephony directed her gaze to Nahkiga as he spoke. He was saying what was best from experience, she knew, and she could nothing but agree and go along with what he said. A slight nod was given in response to reference of what had happened, of what Calcephony remembered, when they attempted to rescue Lucik.

She was afraid that she had almost dropped a piece of her armour when Fable spat out at the Oracle. As his eyes turned to each mage in the room, she hung her head, feeling slightly ashamed as Fable talked of everything that was being planned as pointless. When he was finished, Calcephony looked back up and looked over the faces of the others. Did they feel as indecisive as she as she went over her head both sides of the conversation? When he yelled at the Fire mage, the mage he had chosen to be bound to, she shook her head with a sigh. Reminds me of one of my brothers back at home, she thought.

When the room seemed a little calm after Fable’s outburst, she turned back to the Wind mage. “I hope we will be okay together,” her voice was a little quiet but not near enough to be a whisper. “My name is Calcephony.” She bowed her head slightly as she displayed a gentle smile of greeting.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-31-2007, 09:42 PM

Nahkiga made a sound before looking back to Fable "There are other mages than us Fable. We will be replaced in time, but the time for training mages to take our place would be to long to stop the darkness from spreading throughout Ashiro. That is why it is important for you all to complete this mission and return to us alive." he stated softly.

The oracle interrupted "The people of Ashiro take risks to save Ashiro. It is the greater good that they live for Fable. Ashiro depends upon the holders of the heart of Ashiro to smother out the darkness that rises like fire." The oracle's fluid voice was still a wise and serious one no matter "It is our hopes that you will all return alive. The mages will fight as well, but not along side you, you must trust the mages in knowing what they are doing Fable. In order to maintain Ashiro as years past sacrifices will be made where it is necessary."

Nahkiga sighed a bit then turned sharply to Fable "It is not blind faith we place in you. it is hope that you have placed in us! Ashiro will fall without your help. And your help is the only hope Ashiro has! There is a chance you may fail yes. There is a chance that some of you may die. There is a chance that we may die as well but these are chances that must be taken! " it was the first time that Nahkiga spoke with a true emotion to his voice to them. One of desperation. One of a deep belief in what the path was "People live, and people die, it is the way life works! If we do not do something, the darkness will spread to the people, death will sweep the lands and all you or I know will fall to darkness. The heart of Ashiro must be held in the hands of good when darkness is faced. The darkness will not stop until it is destroyed. " Nahkiga let out a heavy breath "I know you have your worries fable, but if this battle is not fought. The darkness will spread and with Luick in their grasp. It is only a matter of time before they find out how to use him to fit their plans. And should the heart of Ashiro fall into their hands then you can say goodbye to all you've ever known . " he stated quietly.

Nahkiga raised his hand and placed it on fable's shoulder. His eyes staring to Fable "No matter where we are there is always a chance for us to lose our lives. We only hope that when we do it is for a good reason. We may die, but Ashiro is strong. And as long as there is one of you to keep the heart of Ashiro out of the hands of Darkness, Ashiro will conquer. You forget that Ashiro is filled with that magic so many run from trying to deny that it is part of them Fable." he stated sliding his hand away from Fable's shoulder.

"It's asking a lot. I know it is." Nahkiga stated turning his back to them looking towards the oracle. "but it is the only option. We've considered all other alternatives. It is not our will to be so vulnerable to death. However. We are willing to die for what is right. Sparing the lives of countless others for a few. Most of us mages, who have lived beyond the years that anyone would want to live, could hope for nothing more than to die with honor. A mage that dies honorably with purpose will forever be remembered in the hearts and souls of the people of Ashiro. It is not so bad a thought when you are as old as I am." he stated with a soft smile. "You may think it stupid. You may find it pointless to put faith in people we're not even positive can complete this task, but we believe in you all. We would not entrust you with such great risk to Ashiro and ourselves if we did not believe that you could pull this off. Just remember everything you've heard here, everything I've told you to beware of, and everything you will learn along your journey and you will succeed. "

He was quiet for a moment as Fable continued to speak toward Arianna. Nahkiga smiled and he couldn't help but to laugh. A light hearted laugh that he hadn't done since the last time he had Lucik to himself for his studies. He remembered Lucik making faces behind his back while he tried to be serious about the topic. He'd turned around in the middle of one of Lucik's face and before he could help himself he'd laughed. Nahkiga shook his head a bit.

Arianna smiled and laughed a little. This boy did seem to fit the element she was more than even she did. "Hey! Watch it I'm not weak! I ought to singe your eyebrows off for that remark!" Arianna snapped back at him before blushing and covering her mouth. "Sorry" Arianna mumbled from behind her hands. Nahkiga laughed again. The laughter seemed to lighten the mood in the room a small bit at least.

Nahkiga cleared his throat as he blushed a little to himself at the fact he'd laughed so much. The fact that Fable was so afraid to let someone's life depend on him seemed to make Nahkiga wonder more about him. Fable was definitely a strange fellow. He seemed to seek to be in the danger, yet when it came to someone depending upon him in such a manner as their life being in his hands he turned away.

The oracle remained quiet, understanding, knowing. The oracle was far from hostile. Even in times of chaos the oracle never seemed troubled.

As Calcephony approached the wind mage Bianca smiled "My name is Bianca." She replied, but she did not yet focus solely upon the one girl. She was not allowed to give her gift until everyone had decided. So she had to wait "we must wait until all others have chosen their places before blessing our gifts. " she explained as she stood on the platform with her hands folded against her abdomen over the thin pink slip like dress.

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 08-01-2007, 12:22 AM

((You didn't say that, but I'm glad to know that. Thank you!))

Ecnaidar's arms were becoming weary from holding the two staves and her new armor, so she went to the back of the room, where she had stood originally upon entering, and laid the weapons and armor upon the floor against the wall.

She listened when Fable asked his questions of the oracle, and she wondered herself then, what the answers were. She listened intently as the oracle and Nahkiga both explained.

She had known the bond would be spiritual, but she had not realized just how deep the bond really would be. The mage she chose would gift Ecnaidar with half his or her own soul. Ecnaidar wasn't sure she was ready for such a commitment. What if she failed, or were killed? That was a very large risk, and the life of another would depend upon her own success, something she wasn't comfortable with.

When Nahkiga talked of his bond with Lucik, and explained how they had been bound for many years with no ill effects, it comforted her a little. Still, she harbored doubt within her heart.

When Fable flared up accusingly at the Oracle and the mages, Ecnaidar shrunk back a bit, and looked at Fable with apprehension, but hearing his words, she realized he was asking the very questions she was thinking in her own mind, albeit not in the form of a tantrum.

When the answers came, a new question formed itself in her thoughts. She spoke softly, hesitantly at first, "If...if Ashiro is destroyed by the darkness, what will happen to my world?"

Glancing at Dainica and Calcephony and the others who had come from outside worlds, she added, a little more audaciously, "What will happen to our homes?"

Ecnaidar waited for an answer, and while waiting, she looked to the mages once again. Studying each of the three she had decided she would choose from, she stepped before the water mage, Aristola, changing her mind about her first choice.

She had decided that it would be redundant for her to choose the earth mage, as the Sign of the Earth had been one of the two signs her gem had signified. The other was the Sign of Life, signifying renewal and new life, and she felt it supported her decision to go with the Water mage, after all.

Still unsure whether she wanted to go through with this, she stood before the mage she had selected, but would not open herself up for becoming bound to Aristola, just yet. She wanted to be fully aware of what the consequences were to her own world before she would consider becoming bound to one of the mages.

She would do whatever it took to protect her own world, even if it meant risking the life of another. She felt she was being somewhat selfish in that aspect, but then, were not these people being selfish in their own way, pulling strangers out of their own worlds to protect Ashiro?

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2007, 02:05 PM

Fable turned to Nahkiga, there would be other Mages? He scratched the side of his nose with a long finger. He supposed that made sense...but he still didn't like the fact that it would take a long time to train them. He heaved another sigh and nodded, thinking:
I can make it back out alive...it's now more of a question of whether or not I want to.

He turned from the Oracle and dug inside one of his ears with his pinky, not wanting to hear any more of it's self-righteous attitude. 'People take risks for the Greater Good?'
What a load. He thought to himself.
People take risks for something they believe in...I believe in myself and my swords...as well as my abilites...that's all I've ever had and that's all I've ever expected out of others...belief that I would do the job and no more.

A smirk crossed Fable's lips as Nahkiga raised his voice..something he was sure that the Mage didn't do very often. He crossed his arms and listened. He wasn't getting into a pointless argument that what he was doing was the same thing as 'blind faith', so he let it go with a snort. He knew the risks of not entering this battle, and he knew that everything that he once knew could be eliminated from the face of the world, but he just didn't understand why, if they were sending in these few forces...did the Mages themselves have to risk their lives and the lives of those in Ashiro to bless the few that may not even make it back alive?

The hand fell on his shoulder and Fable almost made a leap back to recoil from the touch. He wasn't sure why...but he became nervous whenever Nahkiga got too close...but he left the hand where it had fallen, pretending not to notice. He jerked when Nahkiga spoke of Magic...he'd ran from it, he'd wanted no part of it...not now, not ever...but he was tolerating breaking his vows now to save the things that were precious to him. He rolled an eye around once he felt the hand slide away, grateful and saddened that it hadn't stayed longer.

Fable tilted his head and smirked.
"Please, it's nothing I'm not used to dealing with...Death comes in the job description as a Merc." He chuckled, a low deep sound that throbbed in his chest.
"A few for the sake of many? You're right I do think it's stupid, why we, only a handful, should go in place of many...I'm not sure, if the People of Ashiro want to take risks to save this place they should be willing to give up their lives as well...but I don't see anyone beating down the door for that chance. As for honor? Keh....Honor dosen't exist in my line of work...I just hope to die with my sword buried in my enemies' heart, his in mine."

Fable stopped and turned back to the Mage as he laughed...again something Fable was sure that he didn't do too often. He quirked an eyebrow and then turned back to Arianna.

"If you wanna singe 'em come on!!" He crossed his arms again and chuckled.
"Well, you sound like you can hack it, but that still remains to be seen...And stop apologizing geeze...can't you people even retort without being bound and gagged by protocol?

I only have faith in myself. Trusting others.....and having them trust me in return.....that frightens me...and I'm not one easily scared.

You're right, but isn't it about time that you faced that fear?

Can you honestly tell me that?

Why not?

You know what happened...the last time someone trusted me.

You were a young boy then Fable...give these people a chance. Redemtion may find you yet.

Yeah...and hell is cold, and the people there offer new tenants milk and cookies.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 08-05-2007, 03:11 PM

Kallisandra was at a complete loss for words, something that was rather unusual for her. She had her armor in her arms, it was light weight enough that she could carry it no problem and it was probably best if she did. It seemed like she had no time to think before she found her self shuffled into a large room with the others. She was marveling at the sights of riches in the room, the door alone dwarfed her father’s own wealth. As the doors opened a dark air seeped out and a soft glow of blue light began to fill the darkness, in the back a tall woman with a foppish hat that covered her face stood. There were small flaps of motion around her and from behind her stepped out the Secretary bird from her visions. She let out an audible gasp, this oracle held the source of the glow, not the empty lamps behind her. Then she noticed the raised platforms surrounding them, on each was a person, and one was empty. The door shut loudly behind her and Nahkiga stepped up onto the remaining pillar.

The oracle spoke; these people were the mages, of Ashiro. They were to be bound to each of the people surrounding her, chosen by each to aid them in battle and journey. Kallisandra stared at each of them closely; none seemed to have a particular pull towards her unlike her need of the stone. Things were getting more serious than she could have imagined. Something was happening that no one quite knew what to do about, and now they were being sent out to save the prince and his country. She smiled inwardly, she was needed her, she wasn’t going to be cast aside like her family had done. Her gaze went back to the mages, several were already taken, but the oracle had made it clear that this didn’t matter in their choosing. Fable seemed to have chosen the mage which fit his volatile personality as he ranting and fuming about magic and mercenary. She thought about the mages standing there, again not a single one seemed to jump out at her she had hoped at least one would have had a significant draw over the others.

When she had bound the opal to her armor and weaponry a sign had appeared above, Nahkiga had made a face at first and then nodded at it. Each fragment was a different color, and if the other’s stones related to different elements and magics then Kallisandra’s stone must have given her a bit of all. She tried to put two and two together, but kept coming up with a five, it was close but not quite on the button.

Her dream guide was the tall elegant hunting bird that had decided to hide behind the oracle again, was it signifying an earth-wind combo of magic, or a darker magic as it was linked to her dreams. Fire had its own appeals, as did water; one had a fighting spirit while the other held the desire to aid and heal. As she stared at the others she felt a small repulsion from both the ice and poison mages, it wasn’t very strong but just noticeable enough for her to decide against them. That left her with the light mage to make a decision about, and came up with a completely apathetic view on light magic, nothing she could think of linked either her gem nor the secretary bird to this powerful magic. This pleased and frightened her at the same time, as she wasn’t sure whether to go with something that she felt linked to already or something that she felt she would need to be linked to later.
That left her with the decision between the opposing magics of light and dark, both now had a certain pull. And the more she thought about each the more she wanted both, but the oracle had said she was to be bound to only one of the mages. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath searching her mind and heart for the answer. She could still see the oracle even with her eyes closed, but for some reason this did not surprise her. The bird stepped out from behind and began preening it’s feathers, black and white, dark and light. A single white feather fell and sent ripples through Kallisandra’s mind, light would save her in her moment of need, it would allow her to dream and soar, and would fight alongside her.

She opened her eyes and made her way to stand in front of the mage of light. She wasn’t sure if she should introduce herself yet or wait until the mages had finalized the decisions, so she remained still as she stood in front of the woman.

Rin Namami
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2007, 02:28 PM

(( Sorry for this *short* post, but I am a little tired. ))

"Oh, right," Calcephony tilted her chin toward her chest a bit, "I'm sorry, I had almost forgotten." She was getting tired and her arms were feeling weak with every passing minute as she hugged her newly-acquired armour to her chest. On top of that, her mind was split between to things: what was happening now and what could possibly happen in the future. She jumbled the armour in her arms so the weight could be distributed evenly.

When Ecnaidar made a passing glance over Calcephony, she felt her heart leap. She had almost forgotten a lot of things and a lot of questions to ask. I am hopeless, she thought to herself and went back to staring at the ground with her back to the Wind mage. Her thoughts began wandering in and out of this world. I wonder if my family is okay? I wonder what they're doing right now? It was not much of a surprise to her that she actually loved her family. Her brothers and she always argued over petty things and she always claimed she hated them, but deep down she still loved them because they were her brothers. Her thoughts flashed to her parents. If Calcephony was in this world, what was happening in her world? Was it as if time stopped there until she would return - if she returned? Or was there some sort of magical clone, eerily identical to her in every way, created to not arouse suspicion?

Calcephony took a step away from Bianca, widening the space between them a little. As she waited as patiently as she could, the feeling of embarrassment grew greater inside of her. A pink colour rose in her cheeks and then faded when she finally blinked after a minute of silence.

She looked around, taking in every detail and person in the room. I don't want to be arrogant and rush things, she thought as her eyes stopped on the Oracle, but, shouldn't we hurry a little? We don't know what's happening to Lucik or what will happen to him. Calcephony grinned a bit at her worry for the prince; it was probably one shared among the others, especially Nahkiga. The dragon's tail moved a bit, making a slithering hiss as the scales brushed against the ground, and Calcephony's attention was brought back to the room and what was currently being subjected.

Cinnamonmiko
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Cinnamonmiko Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnamonmiko

Old 08-09-2007, 04:19 AM

Fable's outburst had left an empty, sucking void where Danica's stomach had once been.

She'd figured out already what the mages intended to do, and the basic theory of it made sense...but his cold reminder that these people would die with their chosen 'champions' didn't sit well on her conscience.

For a moment, with a flashing glance at the Poison Mage, she felt only despair. I am so not worth this...

Nahkiga's 'little' speech stuck like grains of rice to her mind, picking away at that doubt in her abilities.

"Well, I'll just have to make myself worthy." She barely spoke, the words almost a whisper. She gathered that thought up like a blanket, busied her nervous fingers with her helm, and moved to the Poison Mage.

Sneaky, devious, and incredibly important.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2007, 08:21 PM

The oracle was quiet for some time between each statement, as if assessing the outcomes of situations and options one might have but really just taking it's time. The oracle spoke with that familiar voice clearly "Your homes will have great result of the outcome of Ashiro. Without Ashiro a vital part of your world will vanish, and the results of this are unknown, perhaps it will be a loss your world can live with. However, there are those who without what would be lost would as well be lost. Minds are a fragile thing. " the oracle explained.

"Though I cannot say definitely for those in your world what may happen, I can say that without Ashiro, there is no way back to your own world. For the way out of this world, is as it was when you entered, within Ashiro. The path of life. To return there you must have the power of the heart of Ashiro within your grasps. " the oracle explained. "That is your only way home."

Nahkiga looked to Fable once more "Perhaps so, but a Mercenary's job doesn't usually involve matters that aren't selfish or for self gain. And though there may be much to gain for your self from this, the fact of the matter is, that you will be doing a great deal for Ashiro in taking on this task as well." Nahkiga spoke quietly. Nahkiga shook his head "You will understand in time" he explained. Nahkiga smirked somewhat "Spoken like a mercenary. " he stated aloud before he took his seat at the step of his platform once more.

Arianna gritted her teeth "You better be glad I'm on the same side as you!" she shouted at fable clenching her fists.

Nahkiga interrupted "we don't have time to waste with petty arguments Arianna, bite your tongue, we should be moving along." he stated sharply. Arianna of course complied. Nahkiga seemed to be trembling somewhat but his face was as placid as ever. he did well not to show his emotions upon it when he could.

Seeing that none chose the same mage made Nahkiga relieved that there would be no mixed emotions of anger or jealous to each of them for the matter of which got the mage they wanted initially. The oracle's voice rang out "Very good."

"Those who stand within this room, Destined heroes of Ashiro, and those mages held to high. The time has come as you've known since birth would one day be has come to be this very day. Before you stands a hero and to them your sacrifice is given. For the greater good an alliance is formed and through this you receive your gifts. " The oracle began. Nahkiga grew lost in thought as he remembered standing here in this very room with Lucik once long ago. Renewing his bond with the prince when he came of age in order to remain as his protector. Since his gift was given at birth his soul returned on the prince's eighteenth birthday. Once more he and to bind himself to the prince and that day he vowed until his death that he would live for the prince and the prince alone.

The memory was hazy like a dream, but it was real. Nahkiga's cheeks grew a red color as he remembered the moment when the prince chose him once more. He smiled somewhat at the distant memory. The prince had given no thought to any other mage when he rushed up to that platform and drew Nahkiga down level with him to press those lips to Nahkiga's own. Though that was not the usual way of gaining a gift Nahkiga didn't protest as his feelings where much more than he would ever let the prince know.

Nahkiga had pushed the prince back in his memory with a laugh of embarrassment as he explained to the prince that wasn't the way it was done. Lucik of course being even more embarrassed than Nahkiga had been. Nahkiga blushed looking up from his daze.

Aristola took the first step forward. Her long hair moving with the movement of her body. Her purple skinned hand's raising and taking place against Ecnaider head and a smile crossed her lips.

"To you I vow my soul to help through your trials." Aristola spoke in a fluid voice before bringing her lips down to rest upon Ecnaider's forehead. A soft glow surrounded them both and a glittering of light spread over Ecnaider's forehead before flowing down her until it reached her neck where it spread to a chain with an orb upon it with the glyph for water within it. Aristola slid back and smiled to Ecnaider spoke softly "You have part of my soul now, keep it close for it will aid you in your time of need, and will protect you on your journey.

Arianna rolled her eyes softly before speaking "I vow to you my soul to help you upon your journey to help you with the trials you will face along the way. " Arianna grasped Fable's jaw pulling his head up a little placing her lips against his forehead. The same sort of glow spreading from his forehead to his neck where an orb with a fire glyph in to formed. "You better not die you idiot" Arianna spoke before seeing Nahkiga's reprimanding glare.

The light mage Rikako did the same speaking the same words before doing the same along with the wind mage Bianca and the poison mage Miji who spoke no other words to Danica other than his vow. The red of one of his eyes showing through as his bangs parted somewhat with the movement of his hands.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-11-2007, 01:16 AM

Fable smirked.
"Believe me, I'm doing this more for my own sake than that of Ashiro...I don't want to see everything that is my world come to an end." He nodded his head as Nahkiga took his seat on his own platform.
"Well, I can only be what I am...that and nothing more."

He lifted his eyebrows when Nahkiga silenced the Mage and winked.
"Don't worry." He whispered.
"With your temper I am....little FireBug."

He turned once to glance back at the Oracle when it spoke, but looked back to Arianna once the inital surprise wore off. He heard others proclaiming their alliance with the one who had chosen them, but it really didn't register fully, not until Arianna took hold of his face and pressed her lips to his skin. Again that wretched closeness that he desperately clung to...possibly to still feel human...and not the monster others had made him out to be. His eyes slid shut as the warmth spread over his face and down his throat to collect in a single burning point. He met Arianna's gaze after the orb had formed and only stared at her with a solemn face.
"I'm not going to die FireBug...not if I can help it."

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-11-2007, 05:59 AM

Menewsha Name: Sanctuary
Character Name: Lace
Character Age: 19
Character Gender: female
Character Species: Anthromorth
Character Animal: Phoenix
Character ability level: Practically none. (She dislikes her own magic and is not fond iof using it.)
Character weapons: Bow and arrows
Character Apperance: Her hair is a bright and unnatural shade of red turning golden at the tips. Her eyes are a matching shade of gold. She is slim and does not have much of a figure. Her appearance is delicate and she is relatively short. Around 5'3. She looks harmless and dresses in a plain, but attractive, fashion. Her outfits are sensible and tailored to look nice. She loves wearing cloaks.
Character History: Lace remembers little of her childhood. She was taken in by a family in a little village at a young age. They claimed to have found her in the ruins of a fire. They were kind enough, but it was a meager living, and she was such a delicate child that simple village chores were hard on her. When she was about 7 her adopted family let her name herself. She was fascinated by the beauty of lace, a luxury none of the towns people could afford, and named herself after it. At thirteen, Lace burst into flame in an open field, and though she was unharmed, she nearly burned down the village. Her hair turned from a dusty blond to red and gold and her pale blue eyes shifted color. Horrified with the knowledge of what she was, Lace fled and lived as a wanderer for many years. Lace randomly bursts into flame every month or so and becomes a phoneix for a day. This has made it dangerous for her to stay near other people. As a phoenix, she is blessed with great healing. When not in this form, she collects herbs and mixes medicines to support herself. She has no power over her transformations and until she learns control she can not make them happen when she needs to. For the majority of the month she is powerless.

What song was the first amv that the creator saw done to? ( See the rules ) Kamelot- the spell

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 08-11-2007, 12:08 PM

Kallisandra stood there as the final words of the oracle were spoken, she was destined to be a hero for Ashiro and for her home as well. Although she wasn’t all that sure she wanted to return, but she knew that she couldn’t let any slip of selfishness stand in her way. She now had to save two worlds and any others that were connected with Ashiro in this slippery web of fate.

Her chosen mage leaned down and kissed her gently on the forehead, sending magic down into her body, creating an orb with a light glyph on it. The magic tingled and burned slightly as it passed through her body. It was a different sensation than she had ever felt, and it felt safe and warming, like she had found a true friend. The mage spoke a vow and tied their souls together. It finally dawned on her that this was a relationship that she would have to trust completely, both their lives depended on it.

Kallisandra looked up and spoke for the first time since she entered the room. “Thank you, I will prove my self worthy of this gift. I will not disappoint you or the others. I am going to live and I am going to help save the fate of Ashiro.” She attempted to bow or curtsy but the armor she was carrying got in the way, nothing fell but it made for an awkward movement.

Fiziali

Old 08-11-2007, 11:30 PM

Ecnaidar listened as the oracle informed them that although their worlds might survive if Ashiro died, that some part of their world would be affected, though it was unknown the exact effects it would have on their world. This disturbed Ecnaidar, because even if her world did survive, the loss it suffered could turn out to be a much worse fate than dying.

She made up her mind that she would have to do this, as much to save her own world as to save Ashiro. Looking to the mage she had chosen, she moved forward, as if to confirm her decision.

When Aristola stepped forth and took Ecnaidar's head in her hands and kissed her forehead, Ecnaidar stood there solemnly, accepting Aristola's gift. When the glyph appeared at her throat, Ecnaidar lifted her right hand to it, and wrapped her hand around it, holding it close to her heart.

She spoke softly and said "I vow to you, Aristola, to keep your soul close to mine, and to do what must be done to save Ashiro and your people, and in so doing, to protect my own world as well."

She did not make the foolish promise that she would not die, for she knew that was a possibility, but that she would do all she could to prevent that from happening.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-13-2007, 06:14 PM

Nahkiga smiled a little to Fable's statement. He wanted to laugh but at the same time the pain he could feel prevented him from doing so. "what you are will do noting but aid you in what you will become" he said softly.

Nahkiga's cheeks gained a faint red color to them, which was almost amusing on Nahkiga, as he sat there watching the others.

"That is surely good to know, but call me firebug again and i'll be sure to make you wish that you would die." she stated though she gave a calm smile trying to act as though she hadn't said a word.

Kallisandra's mage smiled and gave a bow before growing as still as once before as the others finished up their giving of blessings and awaited for the rest of the ceremony to continue.

Aristola smiled confidently speaking with that soft fluid voice "I take your word and trust it in hopes that the next time we meet all shall be well." Aristola spoke softly before quieting once more.

At this point the only left was Danica to respond to her mage's gift and then the final portion of the ceremony would begin.

Rin Namami
*^_^*

Old 08-18-2007, 11:14 PM

The Oracle began to speak, and Calcephony was drawn out of her daze. She looked at the dragon; two long, thick whiskers floated by its sides as if a gentle wind was blowing. "The time has come as you've known since birth would one day be has come to be this very day." Calcephony heard this line and was confused at first, but after echoing it through her mind a couple of times, she realised the Oracle must have been referring to the first group of people as the mages. She glanced over her shoulder to catch a brief look of Bianca.

After the mage had introduced herself as Bianca and then stated that they would not be permanently paired until the choosing was over, Calcephony felt a little weary of her choice. Was it a good one? Would she be able to make friends with the mage who seemed to be rather stern? Calcephony let out a quiet sigh and turned back to the Oracle.

It appeared to be so that she had to trust and make their relationship work as best as possible. Calcephony turned to face Bianca. She watched the mage's lips move as she said her vow, and then closed her eyes as Bianca leaned forward. Calcephony held her armour tightly to her chest. A strange feeling, as if her own soul or spirit had been waiting for this moment forever, slowly started at her toes. As Bianca's lips came closer to Calcephony's forehead, the feeling grew bigger until it completely took over her body, finally filling her up when Bianca pressed her lips against Calcephony's brow.

She audibly inhaled in awe at the feeling that crashed down from where Bianca kissed to her toes. The only word Calcephony could think of to describe the feeling was 'light.' She opened her eyes when she could sense the mage standing back up. Calcephony's face blushed a shade of pink and she nodded slowly.

"I will do my best to protect Ashiro, my own world, and the prince with the gift given to me," she said. Calcephony wished she had something a bit more fancier to say, like Ecnaidar, but she could only think of using her exact same words. She did not want to copy someone else, as much as she truly wanted to, and so she had to say what best came to her mind.

Fiziali

Old 08-22-2007, 08:05 PM

Ecnaidar listened in silence as the mages bestowed their gifts on each of the party members. Touching the orb around her neck, she realized she had felt washed clean, invigorated and renewed, as Aristola had bestowed his gift on her. Ecnaidar wondered if the other's had felt anything when their mage had given them their gift. She looked at each of them in turn, wondering how it had come to be that each of them had been chosen for this task.

Fable, who seemed to only care about himself, yet occasionally his words would indicate he did care about the greater good of Ashiro, and so she knew there was more to him than meets the eye. He was elven, of that she was certain, but not of the Night Elves. Perhaps a Wood Elf, she thought to herself, due to his coloring.

The others all appeared to be human. Calcephony seemed strong of heart, and yet compassionate, as did Danica. Ecnaidar found Kalisandra to be quite beautiful, her silvery hair appearing to glow in the pale light of the room they were standing in.

Ecnaidar pulled a strand of her raven black hair around to look at it. Her own hair appeared to reflect dark shades of blue and green in the dim light of this room. Her luminous skin, pink with a grayish hue to it, seemed to glow in the darkness as well. She sighed, thinking how wonderful it would be to have Kalisandra's hair.

Realizing her thoughts had wandered, she quickly cleared her mind of all except what must be done. Danica was the only one left to accept her gift, and Ecnaidar realized they would probably be leaving this room shortly.

She moved quietly over to the wall to retrieve her belongings. Deciding to make it easier on herself, she slipped the leather tunic on over her robe, then wrapped the wide belt around her waist, lacing it up to secure it in place. She slipped her leather helm on, then laced her bracers on as well, securing the ends so they would not fling about.

Ecnaidar then picked up the leather skirt and boots, and the two staves, prepared to move on when the rest of the group was ready.