Dainty Cut Throat
Slitting necks and staying cute
Send a message via AIM to Dainty Cut Throat Send a message via MSN to Dainty Cut Throat Send a message via Yahoo to Dainty Cut Throat

Old 08-22-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkxLorelei View Post
I was able to Meet Becca because of my love for Japanese music. But she is American, but popular in japan,
You should check out Becca X3
I've heard of her through a Vocaloid PV version [mimicking Kuroshitsuji] of I'm Alive. I was wondering why that name seemed so familar.
Ended up looking for her on Imeem, she's pretty good. :"3

Last edited by Dainty Cut Throat; 08-22-2009 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: fix'd my facts~

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 08-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Me me me!
I lvoe anything asian!
Mainly ayumi hamasaki, dbsk, boa, se7en and loads more.

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 08-25-2009, 09:59 PM

I personally love Jrock myself.. I'm okay with some jpop and I think visual kei is pretty hot..I haven't heard any visual kei though...

Lady Luck Infinity
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 PM

I'm a big fan of Malice Mizer, Gakt and a few other of the goth J-pop bands. I usually dont remember names or songs though, just when the tunes pop up i go nuts. I've gotten pretty good with the lyrics to a few. ^^

PaintTheSkyRed
Lovin' It
Send a message via Yahoo to PaintTheSkyRed

Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 PM

I use to like some Japanese Pop songs, when I would hear them I would sing my heart out. xD

22Tsuji22
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-25-2009, 11:08 PM

J-pop wins!! I don't personally like J-rock but then again I don't like american rock music so why would I like J-rock xD
Favorite groups:
Arashi
THSK
Morning Musume
Buono!
Berryz Koubou
AKB48
C-ute
Biyuden
W(Double U)
Goto Maki
Koda Kumi
NEWS
Mini Moni
Hello! Project music in general ><

Dainty Cut Throat
Slitting necks and staying cute
Send a message via AIM to Dainty Cut Throat Send a message via MSN to Dainty Cut Throat Send a message via Yahoo to Dainty Cut Throat

Old 08-26-2009, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Tsuji22 View Post
Favorite groups:
W(Double U)
NEWS
Ajmvkgbigf.
I am beyond happy that I finally found someone else who knows of W. <333!!

Weeeek has been drilled into my head thanks to NewS. Such a catchy tune.

Hallow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-01-2009, 04:16 PM

Ahhh Jrock.

At the top of my list right now, Gackt definitely.
Oh sorry, it's GACKT now.
...adorable goober.
:angel:

I listen to Dir en Grey, Mucc, Miyavi, Girugamesh, sometimes the Gazette.

I'm waiting for my guys to cross the ocean again. The last concert I got to go to was Dir en Grey and I had a C.D. signed!!!
I've also had the pleasure of meeting Mucc ( Tatsurou's a flirt ) and D'espairs Ray as well.

:O

Luenola Marxiel
Radiance of the Night Sky
Send a message via MSN to Luenola Marxiel

Old 09-03-2009, 12:18 AM

I feel like I haven't been online in a long time, so sorry if it seems like I've abandoned this thread.
I'm happy to see it's been alive though. =)

Oh, GACKT is lovely. I like quite a few of his songs, but he does have a few that are not my cup of tea.

I have to say I have not heard anything from Maximum the Hormone I didn't wince at, but if you have a song to recommend, I'd be open to lending an ear.

Conceived Sorrow by Dir en Grey - I just listened to that, and I'm rather liking it. =) Time to go hunt it down, thanks. I'm pretty reluctant to get any of their music because I've disliked almost everything I've heard from them (this is only the third song I've found likable from Dir en Grey thus far), so I'm always on the lookout for recommendations. :D

I generally find that Asian songs tend to have better and/or more meaningful lyrics than a lot of English music, especially recently. I feel like a lot of the newer songs I've heard recently are just catchy with no particular message in the words. They're good to dance to, but that's about it. A lot of Asian songs I've heard, on the other hand, have some pretty beautiful and profound lyrics. =3

Some of the best lyrics I've heard, off the top of my head, are from Kobukuro in the songs Kazamidori, Aoku Yasashiku and Tsubomi. More enduring favourites (for the same reason) are Get Over, My Will and Sincerely ~ever dream~ by Dream; Days by Shela; hanabi, A Song For XX, No More Words, Voyage, No Way To Say and Moments by Ayumi Hamasaki; Hoshimura Mai's Sakura Biyori; Angela Aki's Sakurairo, Aoi Kage, Uchuu and This Love; Stephanie's Friends; Sayonara ha Iwanai by PERSONZ; Curry Rice no Onna by SONIN; Onitsuka Chihiro's Gekkou; Janne da Arc's Gekkouka; Separation by Angela and Fukuhara Miho's Himawari. Way too many to link them all, sorry, but you'll probably find videos of them very easily on Google, since they're not exactly obscure. :angel:

Okay, time to stop this wall of text. It's great to see this discussion coming along though. ^__^

Monochrome Hearts
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Monochrome Hearts

Old 09-03-2009, 06:21 AM

Oh~?
Never thought I'd see a thread for Japanese music. Usually I just find stuff for American or some other country. But yay for finding this thread! X3

Anyway! Here's a mini list of the guys/girls or bands I listen to.

o Asian Kung Fu Generation
o Flow
o Alice Nine
o Hitomi Shimatani
o Nana Mizuki
o Yui

Luenola Marxiel

Old 09-03-2009, 06:47 AM

That's why I made this thread. I couldn't find one like it either. =)

Anything you recommend from Asian Kung Fu Generation? Whatever I've heard from them hasn't been impressive, so maybe I haven't been listening to the right songs. Flow is so-so to me. I don't mind their music, but they've never been a favourite.

I heard Alice Nine is pretty good, but I've yet to check them out. Any titles of note?

Shimatani Hitomi and Mizuki Nana have some pretty good voices. Off the top of my head... I like Falco and Eternal Blaze from them respectively.

Yui - In my opinion, great lyrics, great music, bad vocals. One of her new songs, Again, is pretty good though, largely because she's not trying so hard to hit notes she can't reach without shrieking.

I'm also rather fond of UVERworld. Their discography is kinda boring because way too much of their music sounds very similar, but they've got some good tracks.

I saw someone mention liking Kalafina earlier. They're lovely. I like almost everything Kajiura Yuki has ever done though, which makes me biased. The only Kajiura Yuki music I don't collect are the ones where Chiba Saeko does the vocals, since I'm not fond of her singing, but I'm always on the lookout for music by FictionJunction, See Saw and Kalafina, especially.

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 09-05-2009, 12:08 AM

I mostly listen to bands that nobody has really heard of much outside Japan... Maybe even some people haven't heard about them who live there. I have a habit of finding smaller bands and different things...

One of my favorite bands that is now breaking up so that the members can re-join former band projects is called Onsa. Their style is pretty cool and unique. It's sad that they are breaking up though. Uh... I also like mostly punk, math rock, and instrumental music... Stuff like Te', the band apart, toe, 9mm Parabellum Bullet (older stuff like Termination, indie releases), Ling Tosite Sigure ([Known also as Rin Toshite Shigure]not recommended for most.. Their singing is really horrid, but they have good musicianship xD), Avengers in Sci-Fi (yay nerd rock), Sakanaction, Lostage, and there is a cool band I haven't heard much of but they are called Sansojubai. There's really a lot of things, but it'd take about a half-hour to actually type it all out. xD

Hallow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-08-2009, 05:07 PM

Jrock is about all I listen to anymore. I just like it better - the language itself just sounds so much better to my ear than English does. ( although I will listen to German rock too).

Now if only I could sing in Japanese.;)

Luenola Marxiel

Old 09-09-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooglebunny View Post
I mostly listen to bands that nobody has really heard of much outside Japan... Maybe even some people haven't heard about them who live there. I have a habit of finding smaller bands and different things...

One of my favorite bands that is now breaking up so that the members can re-join former band projects is called Onsa. Their style is pretty cool and unique. It's sad that they are breaking up though. Uh... I also like mostly punk, math rock, and instrumental music... Stuff like Te', the band apart, toe, 9mm Parabellum Bullet (older stuff like Termination, indie releases), Ling Tosite Sigure ([Known also as Rin Toshite Shigure]not recommended for most.. Their singing is really horrid, but they have good musicianship xD), Avengers in Sci-Fi (yay nerd rock), Sakanaction, Lostage, and there is a cool band I haven't heard much of but they are called Sansojubai. There's really a lot of things, but it'd take about a half-hour to actually type it all out. xD
You're right. I haven't heard about most of them. Sakanaction sounds familiar as a name, but I don't think I've heard anything from them. Any specific songs you'd suggest from any of these bands?

glass doll alice
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-21-2009, 09:27 PM

Jrock and Jpop is awsomeness :lol:

sunakolllx
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-21-2009, 09:33 PM

yesh it is very awesome! i'm a big fan of Maximum the Hormone though... it is teh awesome!

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-22-2009, 07:23 AM

I am not a fan anymore. I like their songs but I am just not into it. I like Alice Nine. ^^; But I barley listen to them anymore, which I must say is a very sad thing.

eds_girl101

Old 09-24-2009, 02:22 AM

The best Japanese song, in my opinion, is 'Life is a Boat' by Rei Fu. It's an amazing song.

ellaangelus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-28-2009, 09:54 AM

i really like olivia - a little pain
is from the anime Nana

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-01-2009, 03:42 PM

If you're talking about the meaning of the song, then I think I'm going to have to nominate Kobukuro's Kazamidori here. XD"

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 10-01-2009, 04:26 PM

I was big into in High School, not so much anymore though. I still listen to X-Japan occasionally.

Currently the only Japanese I listen to fairly often is by Akiko Shikata. I love her stuff. She mixed the musical media's of Japanese folk music and Celtic folk music. She has such a lovely voice and the tunes are so appealing.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-01-2009, 10:37 PM

Ooh, a mixture of Japanese and Celtic folk music sounds like it'd be really good! Any links? *__*

applewagon

Old 10-02-2009, 12:55 AM

I used to listen to a lot of Japanese music when I was younger.. not so much now though. I'll still listen to BUCK-TICK, Plastic Tree, downy, envy and some other Japanese shoegaze bands on occassion. I also rediscovered some J-Ska I used to listen to, which is awesome.

Erailea - she sounds awesome! I must give her a listen :3

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 10-02-2009, 01:55 AM

I discovered Akiko Shikata on this website: http://www.last.fm/music/Akiko+Shikata

But it's an internet radio, so you're going to get other artists as well mixed into it.

Akuma-hime
Mar Mar

Old 10-02-2009, 04:56 AM

Omg i love J-rock. I mostly now have pure foreign music in my ipod, expect for like my old music of my teenage years. ahh the time of when i was young. But ya freaking love Japanese music. I mostly like the band Asian Kung Fu Generation. Ya mostly find out j-rock groups from anime and such. but ya my favorties are AKG, Aqua Timez, and Orange Range, oh and UVERworld