AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 03-04-2007, 11:59 PM

stuff like Malice Mizer, X Japan, Dir En Grey, etc.

it is the bands that put on a visual performance for the show, it is a very visual based genre.

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Donna

Old 03-05-2007, 12:58 AM

I have a wide variety.
I like a couple older country songs [I used to listen to as a child]
I have a fond liking of 80s music
Jazz
Hip Hop
R&B
Reggaeton
A little Latin pop
And a little bit of chicano rap.

iMani
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2007, 01:11 AM

I love to listen to classic rock, hard rock, heavy, power, and prog metal.
8) Rockin' out is my life.

Dre
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 03-05-2007, 01:24 AM

I'm a country guy. I also like oldies, classical, and most musicals. Techno is also on my list of good music. Bands like Great Big Sea, Barenaked Ladies, Arrogant Worms and Wierd Al are great to listen to. Go country.

I don't like to listen much to rock, metal, or rap. I like my music to have a good beat and words I can actually hear. If it blows my eardrums, I don't listen to it unless the volume is really, really low.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-05-2007, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre
I'm a country guy. I also like oldies, classical, and most musicals. Techno is also on my list of good music. Bands like Great Big Sea, Barenaked Ladies, Arrogant Worms and Wierd Al are great to listen to. Go country.

I don't like to listen much to rock, metal, or rap. I like my music to have a good beat and words I can actually hear. If it blows my eardrums, I don't listen to it unless the volume is really, really low.

• You must have really sensitive eardrums XD.
    I listen to rock, most of the stuff I can listen to, you can hear perfectly clearly what they're saying, lol.

iMani
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2007, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre

I listen to rock, most of the stuff I can listen to, you can hear perfectly clearly what they're saying, lol.
Yeah, same here actually, even when I listen to hard rock, certain genres of metal though.

I dont listen to death or black metal or other subgenres of those. Cant understand the words, because they growl or scream or sound freaky too much. It overpowers the music. :?
I like actual vocals in my metal music. :lol:

Agent
(-.-)zzZ
Banned
n/a

Old 03-05-2007, 01:51 AM

Soft Rock, Hard Rock.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-05-2007, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMani
Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre

Yeah, same here actually, even when I listen to hard rock, certain genres of metal though.

I dont listen to death or black metal or other subgenres of those. Cant understand the words, because they growl or scream or sound freaky too much. It overpowers the music. :?
I like actual vocals in my metal music. :lol:

• Nice XD.
    I don't really listen to metal. I don't like the musical egos that seem to be a prerequisite for playing it these days.

iPod
*^_^*

Old 03-05-2007, 04:40 AM

Rock and Spanish Pop :]

partyvan
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to partyvan

Old 03-05-2007, 04:48 AM

90's pop, soft rock, europop
xD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-05-2007, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyvan
90's pop, soft rock, europop
xD

• Nice x3.
    @iPod: No habla espanol @_@.

Mnyonywaji
*^_^*

Old 03-05-2007, 10:04 AM

hm. punk, hard, norwegian ompa, live recordings - rock, classical (especially Mozart), some blues, and soundtracks from maaaany movies : )

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-05-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnyonywaji
hm. punk, hard, norwegian ompa, live recordings - rock, classical (especially Mozart), some blues, and soundtracks from maaaany movies : )
Ooooh, sounds a lot like me, lol.
Though, I also like some other stuff, poppier stuff too :).

Ebil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-05-2007, 02:31 PM

I tend to lean towards 80's, Pop music and some not too hardcore rock.
I like most genres, except for Country and Jazz. For some reason Jazz gives me a headache and Country pretty much always sounds all the same to me. Of course there are a few exceptions every now and then.

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-05-2007, 07:14 PM

I like New Wave (80s stuff), Electronica and some alternative pop the most...
My favourite band's the Pet Shop Boys.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-05-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebil
I tend to lean towards 80's, Pop music and some not too hardcore rock.
I like most genres, except for Country and Jazz. For some reason Jazz gives me a headache and Country pretty much always sounds all the same to me. Of course there are a few exceptions every now and then.

• I like the Dixie Chicks, lol. But most country, not so much. At least present day country. Something like Johnny Cash, though, that's where you can see the heart of rock 'n' roll... it definitely had to come from somewhere, lol.

mystic kiwi
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to mystic kiwi

Old 03-06-2007, 10:10 AM

I mostly listen to general rock. In general I like lighter stuff, but every now and then don't mind something heavier as long as it's not just screaming. I also don't mind some old country. I hate MTV/top 40 type music though. That and bad heavy metal (Lamb of God and bands like that) are the only things I won't listen to.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-06-2007, 12:00 PM

• I see... well, some top 40 stuff (Green Day is my favorite band) I can stand. Some, I can't. It just depends on the band, lol.
    I know what you mean about Lamb of God and stuff, though. :roll:.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 03-06-2007, 03:05 PM

OH, I like SO much music!

I guess my most favorite genre right now is indie rock (ie. Death Cab, Mountain Goats, the Shins, etc.), but I'm also a huge fan of electronic (drum n' bass, IDM), hip-hop (sooo many great bands: J5, Josh Martinez, Tribe, DJ Shadow, etc.), ska (think first and second wave. Though some 3rd wave was pretty good. I was obsessed with Rancid for years!), oldies, soul, jazz, lots of latin stuff...

So yeah, I have a wide variety of music likes. I used to work at my college radio station as a DJ, so I got to play all KINDS of great music. It was a fantastic experience, and I wish I could still do it.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-06-2007, 07:22 PM

i really am quite fond of techno and music (soft rock) from other countries like Italy and Brazil ^^;; NEK and CPM22 comes to mind.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-06-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzla
OH, I like SO much music!

I guess my most favorite genre right now is indie rock (ie. Death Cab, Mountain Goats, the Shins, etc.), but I'm also a huge fan of electronic (drum n' bass, IDM), hip-hop (sooo many great bands: J5, Josh Martinez, Tribe, DJ Shadow, etc.), ska (think first and second wave. Though some 3rd wave was pretty good. I was obsessed with Rancid for years!), oldies, soul, jazz, lots of latin stuff...

So yeah, I have a wide variety of music likes. I used to work at my college radio station as a DJ, so I got to play all KINDS of great music. It was a fantastic experience, and I wish I could still do it.

• I'd think of that as more indie pop, but I don't mind some of that stuff (I have Chutes Too Narrow ^^;;), I'm not a hip-hop person really at all. I used to not mind Eminem, but... >.<;;;;. No. I like ska, I wish I could find more of it... I have a couple of Rancid albums and unfortunately that's it, but I've heard the Streetlight Manifesto song "Everything Went Numb". College radio, nice XD.

Tension
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-06-2007, 09:35 PM

I seriously like any type of music as long as it sounds alright.

And isn't about being in bed with 3243223 girls a night.

or about cutting a new grand canyon in your wrist.

Mary
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-11-2007, 01:57 AM

I don't really have a favorite genre. I like pretty much anything except death metal and screamo.

I listen to a lot of techno and dance/pop though.

` Toxic Whispers
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-12-2007, 02:33 AM

• Rock and Alternative.

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-12-2007, 03:24 AM

I'm a pop girl, myself. 8)
Mostly pop-rock, but I like almost all pop.

As for things said earlier... o_x;

Emo is a valid genre. It's emotive hardcore, and has very little to do with lyrical content. Genres are based on sound.

Which leads me to my other issue. VISUAL KEI IS NOT A GENRE. It's a label. There's a difference! Genre is SOUND-BASED ONLY.