Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 06:57 AM

I'm lazy right now, but I'll make this post spiffier and include a bit of information later.

But for now...does anybody else like them? What do you guys think about the new CD, Infinity On High?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-11-2007, 07:04 AM

• You pretty much know what I think of them, but I have From Under the Cork Tree. I was reluctant to buy it, but I don't regret it, even though I don't really listen to it, and my sister borrowed it to listen to "Dance, Dance" more than I actually listened to it XD.
    But I have to admit, they've got some catchy stuff.
    I'm just not a big fan.
    Though, I'd probably eventually buy IOH just to see, because I'm a music junkie like that and am always looking for something to buy <3.

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 07:17 AM

Personally, I like Infinity On High more than From Under The Cork Tree.

FUCT has some great songs, but...eh.

Take This To Your Grave is my favorite album, then Infinity On High (which I believe is their best), and From Under The Cork Tree and Evening Out With Your Girlfriend are about tied...maybe FUCT a TEENSY bit more.

I also really like their acoustic EP. If you like acoustic stuff, you should check that out. If it was a full LP, it might just be a contender for my favorite FOB album.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-11-2007, 07:18 AM

• Ooh... okay, thanks lol.
    I'll see if I wanna get it on iTunes once I can, lol.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 03-11-2007, 04:39 PM

I rather like From Under the Cork Tree better than Infinity On High. Sure, Infinity On High has a few catchy songs and whatnot, but FUCT is just better, in my opinion.

Take This To your Grave was rather good, as well. My favorite song of theirs is "Chicago Is So Two Years Ago". <3

Maybe I just haven't listened to Infinity On High enough (listening more tends to lead to liking more for me) for me to think higher of it, but it goes FUCT > TTTYG > IOH.

The B-side one is okay, as well, I really liked their "Love Will Tear Us Apart" cover on there, along with "Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy Tonight?"

Overall, I love, love Fall Out Boy. <3

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-11-2007, 04:41 PM

• Wow... I'm sorry, but I just have to say what every time I see "FUCT" it takes me a minute to process it and I read it phonetically :oops:.
    Somehow I don't like their image XD.
    I'm weird about some things.

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 05:00 PM

I actually didn't like the acoustic version of Grand Theft Autumn. xP There are some songs that just don't work acousticly, and I'm not particularly fond of that. Also, some songs should be left acoustic, like Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner and My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon. D< Maybe it's just because I like the way I heard them first the best. -shrug-

Infinity On High was poppier than any of their other albums, which explains why I love it so much. Take This To Your Grave is what made me fall in love with them, so it's hard to say...but I'm pretty positive it's still my favorite. <3

Chicago Is So Two Years Ago is in my top 5 favorites. Though my top 5 favorites are hard to pick. And...I haven't phased in the Infinity On High songs, so I don't know where they stand on my overall list yet. But CISTYA is DEFINITELY a favorite. Though I think The Music Or The Misery is my overall favorite. Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year, Grand Theft Autumn (Where Is Your Boy?), Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner (acoustic), and Short, Fast, And Loud are up there too.

I guess I can understand about not liking their image. Though I'm not totally sure what their image would be. I think Pete is really the only one with an image, besides on some magazine covers when they're all dressed up or something. -shrug-

xD FUCT. Yeah. I just think of it phonetically in my head, and I'm like "Wait a minute..." It really should be FUTCT, but everybody just does FUCT because it's more amusing. Plus, you can actually say FUCT, and not FUTCT.

Edit: Jesmond - I LOVE that Frou Frou lyric in your signature. <3

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-11-2007, 05:08 PM

• XD You can understand not liking the image but you're not sure they have an image? I don't know, see, with Green Day, I just love the way they present themselves, the things they're associated with, all of that, with Fall Out Boy, it all just... I don't know. And Patrick's voice makes me feel tense >.<. It's so... ech. It's not that he has a bad voice, it's just, it never feels like it's in tune, it's like a mild case of fingernails-on-chalkboard feeling for me and it has the potential to give me a headache.

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 05:18 PM

Really? That, I don't hear. In one of their acoustic songs, you can hear ONE part where's he's slightly out of tune, but that's the only part in any of their songs that I hear any out-of-tune-ness.

Yeah, well I'm trying to figure out what their "image" would be, because they're all so different as individuals. I love that they're so passionate about the music, and they're not scared to try new things.

I mean, I guess they've had a bit more of an image recently...but so has Green Day, with their more uniform look. Otherwise they've always been pretty casual, except for Pete with his "stylish" hair, his clothing line, and his popped collars and hoodies and trend-following. xP

I like that they're associated with straight-edge, except for Joe. Mostly it's just Pete and Andy, and Pete is questionable now. 'Cause Patrick wasn't really into the hardcore scene. I mean, he WAS, but not nearly as much. He joined the band because Pete was in it, and Pete was in Racetraitor, a hardcore band he liked...but I don't think Patrick ever actually played in any of the hardcore bands in the scene...though I think he may have played with Arma Angelus a couple times. I dunno.

I just love their attitude as a band. They're not in it for the fame, and never expected to get famous...and they don't care if they're the most innovative band as long as they do the best they can with what they're doing, and keep striving to get better. They really respect their fans for getting them where they are today. They know they owe everything to the fans.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-11-2007, 05:26 PM

• Just because they're casual doesn't mean they don't have an image, lol. I mean, in the nineties, Green Day were cartoon characters to the world, that was their image, and to me, I don't know, Fall Out Boy just makes me think "scene" and I don't know, it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I'm not saying he's out of tune, I'm just saying it sounds like he is even though he isn't, and his voice just bugs me x.o.

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 05:31 PM

Well I'm sorry. I love Patrick's voice, but I suppose I could understand how it might not be appealing to some. Same with some people not liking Billie Joe's voice. (Lately, some songs on Nimrod, I'm really starting to understand why some people don't like Billie's voice...but I still love it. It's unique, but I can definitely understand why it may not appeal to some people.)

Good point. I dunno. They just seem like pretty regular guys to me. And I guess they are kind of scene, but they do come from the local pop-rock scene...so it makes sense. I don't really associate them with scene, because I find them better than most of the scene bands. Though...Panic! At The Disco, I'm associating with scene more and more when I originally didn't. D< I guess I've just disassociated FOB with the scene, because I like them so much and think of them separately. And it's not like they're trying to fit into the scene stereotype. -shrug-

I see where you're coming from, though.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 03-11-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburstnova
I actually didn't like the acoustic version of Grand Theft Autumn. xP There are some songs that just don't work acousticly, and I'm not particularly fond of that. Also, some songs should be left acoustic, like Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner and My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon. D< Maybe it's just because I like the way I heard them first the best. -shrug-

Infinity On High was poppier than any of their other albums, which explains why I love it so much. Take This To Your Grave is what made me fall in love with them, so it's hard to say...but I'm pretty positive it's still my favorite. <3

Chicago Is So Two Years Ago is in my top 5 favorites. Though my top 5 favorites are hard to pick. And...I haven't phased in the Infinity On High songs, so I don't know where they stand on my overall list yet. But CISTYA is DEFINITELY a favorite. Though I think The Music Or The Misery is my overall favorite. Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year, Grand Theft Autumn (Where Is Your Boy?), Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner (acoustic), and Short, Fast, And Loud are up there too.

I guess I can understand about not liking their image. Though I'm not totally sure what their image would be. I think Pete is really the only one with an image, besides on some magazine covers when they're all dressed up or something. -shrug-

xD FUCT. Yeah. I just think of it phonetically in my head, and I'm like "Wait a minute..." It really should be FUTCT, but everybody just does FUCT because it's more amusing. Plus, you can actually say FUCT, and not FUTCT.

Edit: Jesmond - I LOVE that Frou Frou lyric in your signature. <3
Haha, yeah, I have to agree that the non-acoustic version of Grand Theft Autumn is better, and Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner is DEFINITELY better acoustic. D:

As far as favorite songs, aside from "Short, Fast, and Loud" (which I've never even heard of?), I think you just named mine. I might put "Yule Shoot Your Eye Out" in place of that last one, though.

And thank you, I love Frou Frou. ^__^ <3

@Poet> I hear a lot of people say that they dislike Patrick's voice, but I guess I'm strange for really, really liking it? @_@
I'm not sure if you're a huge Nightmare Before Christmas fan, but FOB did a cover for "What's This?" and I honestly think that's Patrick's best vocal performance yet. If you haven't already heard it, you should check it out. ;)

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-11-2007, 05:36 PM

• It doesn't matter what they're trying to be, though, I just associate them with scene, and much of what they do - especially but not limited to Pete - reminds me of Scene, and it just doesn't... I don't like it. Scene just... I don't know, it kind of rubs me the wrong way, it's like people feel superior to others because their music taste is somehow better because their artists have song titles which say they don't know what the hell they're writing about, and sound like they've never learned the value of brevity, or like they've pulled their songs straight out of a dictionary.

Teh Wugginater
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Teh Wugginater

Old 03-12-2007, 01:41 AM

My favorite song is "dance dance"
the lyrics were a little WTFy in the beginning
or maybe i'm just stupid XP
i lurve it though X3
*hums song*

June Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 07:59 PM

I love Patrick's voice. >.> I watched the video of him doing Marvin Gaye's song, and he did pretty good.

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-13-2007, 09:53 PM

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH PATRICK SINGING LET'S GET IT ON IS LIKE SEX FOR YOUR EARS. <33333333

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-14-2007, 12:58 AM

• XD.
    Well, it is a sex song...

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-14-2007, 11:15 PM

xD This is true, but still. OMG. <3333

I mean he's all "Sorry if this sucks, I haven't played it since high school...but here goes..." and it's seriously like, the most amazing thing ever. Patrick NEEDS to put out an R&B old-style motown album. NOW. I don't care if he doesn't tour, because I know he doesn't want to tour without the band, but I NEEEEEEED an album like that.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-15-2007, 12:26 AM

• No, XD.
    It's not that I don't like R&B or Motown (HELLO Moto...wn)
    Just... not him XD.

[ morph ]
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-15-2007, 01:40 AM

i like most of their songs
[ like G.I.N.A.S.F.S. The take over the break's over Thnks Fr Th Mmrs ]
and i still love most of their songs on their other cds ^.^

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-15-2007, 03:17 AM

I like Patrick singing Let's Get It On more than I like Marvin Gaye singing it. :oops: It seems like it has more soul in it. Maybe I have a slight bias, but...DAMN that was incredible. Well, really, it sounds a lot like the original, only...Patrick's voice is richer...more full, and a bit deeper, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OSG4C1Qctw

Seriously, to anybody who hasn't heard Patrick sing that song...needs to RIGHT now. That is the ONLY thing that has EVER threatened Green Day's status as my favorite band.

LOL Hello Moto... >_>;

Mmm. G.I.N.A.S.F.S. I've been loving that song quite a bit recently.

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-15-2007, 03:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2n3qOsaaE
http://www.buzznet.com/web/foe/video...ntent/4522189/

Patrick was pretty much MADE for this.
Dx Too bad he has the band holding him back. But...I love them, so it feels sinful saying that, but it's true in an odd sort of way. I seriously just want him to make a solo R&B/motown record. Me + You wasn't enough...it was too poppy. (I LOVE it, but STILL.)

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-15-2007, 06:21 AM

I don't really like Fall Out Boy or have any of their CDs. Though I do like "This Ain't a Scene (It's an Arms Race)" it's pretty catchy.

spazzu
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to spazzu

Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 PM

i love old fall out boy. take this to your grave and from under the cork tree. but infinity on high kinda sucks.

they headlined the first concert i went to, and they were really good.

but they're on like every magazine cover i pick up lately and i'm really starting to get sick of them.

sars
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to sars

Old 03-27-2007, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesmond
I rather like From Under the Cork Tree better than Infinity On High. Sure, Infinity On High has a few catchy songs and whatnot, but FUCT is just better, in my opinion.

. <3
disagree completley!!
IOH is SOOOO superior! It took me a few listens. I was expecting more uptempo songs like on cork tree.... but then i realized that every song on IOH is powerful and awesome... so much went into it!

My absolute favorites are:
I'm like a lawyer the way I'm always trying to get you off (me + you)
Golden
Thnks fr the mmrs
The (after) life of the party (!!!!!!! ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!! STANDOUT TRACK!!!!! BEST SONG OF MY LIFETIME!!!)
Fame < Infamy

BUT with that said, everytime I pop on the album I listen to it all the way through. Never skipping a single song because they are all so awesome. This was a GREAT direction for FOB to take... this album is so mature sounding and just dynamic and epic and fun and emotive all at the same time. It is my favorite album of the last 3 years hands down, and I wasn't even THAT big of a fall out boy fan to begin with.
But they have seriously propelled themselves to the TOP of my extensive "Favorite Music" list.

Saying that makes me feel like a 14 year old, but seriously, I haven't been this obsessed with a band since Hanson when I was 13.... so basically it's been 10 years since any band has taken over my entire mind.
I cant go to sleep at night unless I've listened to the album at least once.
It's pathetic but true.
And I am FULLY going to see them on May 6 in Vancouver... and I swear to you, I will make Joe my husband (Ok that was creepy but jeez. I just love him so much!)