zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-22-2014, 08:53 PM

I love how the shelf is built into the wall between those doorways. It looks awesome!

3Squirrels
>.>

Old 06-22-2014, 10:35 PM

That built in shelf is one of the features that actually sold that house to me. I loved it. :D

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-22-2014, 11:46 PM

Ooh so you've since moved?

3Squirrels
>.>

Old 06-23-2014, 01:14 AM

I will be moving soon, yeah. :3 Probably August. But I am gonna miss that shelf.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-23-2014, 01:27 AM

Aw, are you excited about your new place at least?

3Squirrels
>.>

Old 06-23-2014, 08:36 AM

Yeah, the place isn't too bad. Just gonna miss that shelf. It looks really cool; it's right at the end of the hall and if you have to go anywhere from the front door you get to see it. :3

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-23-2014, 10:52 AM

Maybe you can build something similar in you new place? It doesn't look too hard to do as long as you have a good spot for it...

3Squirrels
>.>

Old 06-23-2014, 11:14 AM

Unfortunately I'm going to be renting for a bit in the new place... no more neat shelves for me for a while yet. :D

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-23-2014, 11:55 AM

Ah, yeah. I rent my apartment as well so I understand the pain. V_V

3Squirrels
>.>

Old 06-24-2014, 04:01 AM

Maybe I'll do more shelfies when I get into the new place. Do a proper organization of everything, take some nice images. :3

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-24-2014, 10:33 AM

That would be cool. I really need to get a second shelf for the rest of my stuff. Everything else is still in boxes...

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 06-29-2014, 01:39 PM

I have three small bookshelves so here's some shelfies. Because of their size etc I cannot organise them very well so it's a loose "by genre, by author, by where they actually fit" (Especially seeing as some authors need more than one shelfworth of space ~looking at you Robin Hobb~)

The bottom shelf of the third picture is magazines and comic books that are too tall to stand up in the shelf.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2014, 09:23 PM

Bearzy - I know how you feel about size being a factor with organizing! It's the exact same way for me - I have a lot of large books and a lot of small books, and some that are a couple inches wide! It's so hard to get them to fit on a bookshelf properly when you're trying to organize them. Some of mine are stacked on top of the books that are upright and it's such a pain lol I just got in the new Divergent book set and it's now precariously on the edge of a shelf with at least an inch and a half over the edge LOL I try to at least keep series together - like Harry Potter, House of Night, Vampire Academy, Anne of Green Gables etc. - but that's about all I can mange!! If only we were able to shrink the books for storage purposes and make them large again when we read them! It would save so much hassling T_T;

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-09-2014, 10:12 PM

Yeah, I like to have my books be grouped (at least vaguely) according to their size. It just isn't helpful if a tiny novel is hidden between two huge volumes, even if that's the properly alphabetical way to organize them. Having a shelf look even and actually fit together is so much nicer!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2014, 10:35 PM

I know what you mean - I try to have all of my tall books in the back as much as I can and have the smaller books in the front - that way I can more easily see what's in the back row without having to take the front row off lol I hate having to dig through books like that - I also try to keep authors together so if I'm questioning whether or not I have the book I can just find the author on my shelf and look at the grouping - much easier! I used to have everything alphabetized but it just got so hard when I got more books so I eventually gave up LOL If I had more room!!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-09-2014, 10:37 PM

I definitely organize my books by size. My shelves would look awful otherwise. V_V

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2014, 10:42 PM

When I get more space I hope to have separate bookcases for my tall hard covers and my short paperbacks - the only time they'll mingle is if it's because of a series lol! Unfortunately for some series I could only get paperback for one half and hardcover for the other half - it's very frustrating!! I think those ones will probably go onto a shelf all by themselves too - that way I can alternate it with paperback/hardcover/paperback etc. lol! This is when I think that all books should have a uniform size - would so be so much easier to display lol!!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-10-2014, 06:01 PM

I hate having series being uniform in size/design. I have one series of 30 books all in paperback except the last one which is a gigantic hardcover. V_V

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-03-2014, 11:14 PM

I guess I should do this... been meaning to. The rest of it doesn't have books but teacups and little cat figurines on it.
Not exactly a fancy collection

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-04-2014, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I hate having series being uniform in size/design. I have one series of 30 books all in paperback except the last one which is a gigantic hardcover. V_V
Lol! I love when they all match and are the same size! It makes them look so much nicer in my opinion! Then again I'm very OCD so that's probably why xD;

o.O Omg. That would annoy me soooo bad! What series is it? That seems like a crazy long series!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post

I guess I should do this... been meaning to. The rest of it doesn't have books but teacups and little cat figurines on it.
Not exactly a fancy collection
I would love to see the teacups! :D

Haha! It doesn't have to be fancy! Tolkien is an amazing author, so any collection is automatically bumped up to awesome if it has it in it! ;D

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-04-2014, 02:40 AM

I also have a box of teacups but that's sealed... I plan to use the set as soup bowls owo

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-04-2014, 03:25 AM

Omg - I loveeeee the center one! Where did you find it or what brand/style is it?
I'm a huge tea cup fan but I can never buy any because I always get the thumbs down on the purchase from Mom T_T; So I admire everyone elses and keep a list of ones I want for my own collection someday! XD; The center one is seriously gorgeous though :3 I love the blue one as well for its simplicity!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-04-2014, 04:13 AM

It's a Royal Albert Bone China my mom is a tea cup addict and she didn't like them

Emma... THRIFT STORES... seriously you can get expensive $60 teacups for $5 if you're lucky.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-04-2014, 10:35 AM

Haha Seriously?? They're gorgeous! I totally would have taken them off her hands too :3

Seriously?? I wish we had those here! I live literally in the countriest of country areas lol My nearest mall is an hour away and it really only has Sears and JC Penny xD; The nearest decent Mall is 2-3 hours away, but the actually running mall with all of the big stores is 4 hours away - it's a nightmare T_T I will definitely have to keep an eye out when we go to the city this week though!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-04-2014, 12:04 PM

Wow those are lovely! My only shelf decorations are figurines of fiction characters. I have some knockoff "lego" ones of Hawkeye, the Doctor, a Dalek and a Cyberman, and some Mass Effect Figurines that are a little more official.