~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-31-2013, 04:24 AM

Hikari was silent for a moment, using her Aura to try and sense what was following them. "Definitely hostile. I can't tell what kind, but it's not human, and it's not Faunice." She said confidently. Almost as soon as she said it, two gigantic Beowolves leaped at them from behind. Hikari drew her scissors and separated them, holding one in each hand by it's circular base. "One for each of us. How fun." She commented dryly.

When the Boar came crashing through the woods at them, Naruto wasted no time in drawing his sword. Facing off against the creature, he saw that his partner was taking backup. Probably a long range fighter, then. He thought, and turned back to the creature, which was charging. The fox jumped high and landed on it's back, taking a stab between it's armored plates. The creature was thrashing so badly then that he had to jump off. While he engaged the irate monster in combat, he signaled for Amaya to take advantage of the fact that it was distracted.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-31-2013, 04:36 AM

'She already knows how to use her Aura? interesting...' he thought to himself as he nodded, signifying that he heard what Hikari had said. Quickly getting his quarterstaff out, the two pieces snapped together before forming one combat-ready weapon. "Fun indeed," he replied as he blocked one of the claws that the beowolf was attacking with.

Amaya quickly nodded and flipped the ends of her tonfas up as she started to pull the triggers on them one at a time as she aimed for the eyes. She had a feeling that would be the best place for her bullets to faze the Grimm, knowing that the two of them could face this beast down. But hadn't she heard that these type of Grimm liked to hunt in packs...? It was only her instincts that saved her as she jumped sideways, avoiding the vicious bite that would have killed her if she didn't move. "Naruto, watch your six!" she said as she kept an eye on her own opponent...

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-31-2013, 06:49 AM

Hikari had no time to keep up a conversation, as one of the creatures had lunged for her. It's jaws were inches from her face when she dodged and sliced upwards with her left blade. A long gash appeared in the beast's shoulder, and it turned to attack again. Hikari brought her blades together to form scissors again, slicing at the Beowulf's throat. She missed badly, which threw her off, causing her to trip and fall. The creature took advantage of her prone position and pounced on her, effectively holding her body down. She used her crossed blades to hold of the gnashing fangs that came at her, but she was quickly losing ground. In a last ditch effort, she swiped the blades apart again, their edges meeting and sparking a fire. Each blade now blazing, she shoved upwards, burning her attacker and startling it. She gained herself enough time to scramble up and shove her right blade through the chest of the staggering beast, effectively killing it. Panting, she turned to see if her partner needed any help. Pathetic. One Beowulf and I nearly die. This is beginner stuff, dammit! She thought, cursing her own incompetence.

Naruto jumped just in time, glad that his partner had warned him. "Thanks! Try to get them on their backs, the undercarriage is vulnerable!" He called, turning his attention once again to the monstrous boar that was currently trying to kill him. The beast was tough, and his sword alone wasn't having much effect against it's armor. Think! Gotta blast it back somehow. Ah, fire should do it! He thought quickly, jumping back to gain himself some time. As the Boar charged at him, he activated the Dust in the handle of his sword, causing a flash of fire to blaze up. He swung his blade, sending the fire in a wave at the monster. It let out an outraged cry and shook off the flames, but Naruto was already closing in. He activated another blast, this time of wind, which blew the creature away forcefully, making it land on it's back. Naruto wasted no time, he pounced and landed on the creature's underbelly, thrusting his wind-sharpened blade through it's chest. It squealed horribly and died, and the fox Faunice turned his attention to his partner.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-01-2014, 01:05 AM

Areku didn't have time to keep up the conversation after the initial few words between himself and his partner due to the fact that the second Beowolf had lunged at him. Hitting it with the bottom half of his staff, he quickly started keeping it at bay with the mid-range weapon. Granted it was keeping him on his toes, Ark used everything in his power to keep the wolf at bay. Finally being able to get some distance between the beast and himself with a thrust that connected with his stomach, the white-haired male slammed the butt of his staff onto the dirt floor, activating the mechanism that kept the two swords hidden within. Grabbing them both, he quickly blocked the jaws of the Beowolf with one of the swords before quickly bringing the other sword across his body in a horizontal slash, causing a fatal wound. Breathing heavily as the wolf vanished into a fading shadow, he turned back towards Hikari. "You okay?" he asked as he picked up his main weapon, and placed the swords back inside. He still needed to think of a method of how to not have it be useless when he had his swords out.

"Thanks!" Maya replied as she jumped over the charging boar, her cloak fluttering into the wind. Racking her brain as to what to do in order to get the boar onto his back before a light smirk graced her features. True it would take more of her Aura to power the shot, but it would be worth it, especially since she saw Naruto use Wind to empower his sword and sweep his boar off of its feet before dying. The squeal it gave caused her to hesitate for a second, especially since it sounded like something she heard on that night. Her hesitation almost cost her her life, but at the last second was able to jump to the side. However, it wasn't without incident; the boar's tusk scratched into her arm, causing Amaya to grit her face in pain. She had to end this, now. Pushing past the pain, she raised both her tonfas together and flicked the caps to the side, charging up a shotgun blast. Hitting the boar in the legs, she was satisfied to see that the blast worked and had flipped the beast onto it's back. Wasting no time, she quickly shot several pistol rounds into it, killing it.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-01-2014, 06:45 AM

Hikari let out a puff of air, blowing her bangs off her face. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said dejectedly, sheathing her weapons. She hated feeling so useless, relying on pure dumb luck to save her in a bad situation. "Ark-san...I'm in serious trouble if I can't shape up. Everyone expects me to be some kind of prodigy, just because of my family, but in reality I'm just barely passable as a beginner. I didn't even get in here on my own skill. The school accepted me only because of my surname. I need to get better..."

Naruto ran forward as soon as the second boar was dead. "Hey, that was great! Sorry I thought you were a girly-girl before. I was wrong. Hey, you're hurt, dattebayo. Here, I have some bandages." He said, taking a roll of bandages out that he kept with him in case of emergencies. "Is it really deep? We don't want it to get infected."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-01-2014, 07:02 AM

"What if I were to say that I wanted to help you?" Ark asked after he finished listening to the girl's depression. If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was a girl who was sad...no matter if it was with herself, someone else, or something else. It was one of the flaws that his family had. "Though...I saw you using Aura. If possible...could you teach me how to unlock it?"he asked, knowing that he would teach her regardless of her answer.

Amaya blinked as she held her injured arm, surprised as to how fast Naruto was speaking, actually concerned for her...even when she was such a bitch towards him. "It's not deep, so I don't think it will get infected, but thanks for the concern. Listen, I'm...I'm sorry about how I treated you when we first met. You aren't half bad, for a Faunice anyways," she said with a light grin on her face. She didn't want to tell him what had happened to her in the past just yet, but he deserved a chance.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-01-2014, 08:13 AM

Hikari looked up, barely concealed hope shining in her eyes. She opened her mouth, closed it, swallowed, and tried again. "If you'd help me...I'd do anything. I'll show you how, even if you don't help me." She said, her voice tight with gratitude. If she could improve, even just a little, it would prove that she wasn't a failure.

As he bandaged the girl's arm, Naruto's ear twitched to acknowledge her words. He tied off the bandaged tightly, making sure it was secure, and looked up at her with a smile. "Hey, no problem. I get that kind of reaction a lot. Maybe we can start over, dattebayo." He stuck his hand out in greeting. "I'm Naruto, nice to meet you."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-01-2014, 08:31 AM

"I'll help you, no matter what happens with the aftermath of this. But there is one thing I ask of you as my student. You cannot give up, no matter how hard it seems," he said. Areku had a feeling that he didn't have to worry about Hikaru quitting on him, but he had a feeling he should say it all the same, just in case. If he had it his way, he'd make her as strong and confident in herself as he was.

"I would like that," Amaya said with a light smile before testing to make sure the bandage that Naruto did was tight, but not too tight. It still hurt moving her arm, and she had a feeling she wouldn't be able to use it until they were out of the forest. "My name is Amaya, but most people call me Maya for short," she replied as she used her good hand to shake his.

Last edited by Phoenix of the Immortal; 01-01-2014 at 09:28 PM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-02-2014, 04:28 AM

Hikari nodded. "I may have fallen short in many areas, but determination is one thing I have in spades. I'll never give up." She said, reaching out to shake on it. She figured they might as well seal the deal.

Naruto smiled. "Good to meet you, Maya. Let's keep moving before more predators show up, eh?" He suggested, anxious to get moving.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-02-2014, 04:49 AM

"Then prepare for hell," he replied with a light chuckle before taking her hand within his and shaking it. "Now then, let's go find whatever it is that we're looking for."

"Sounds like a plan," she replied, hoping that they were going in the right direction of whatever it was that they were looking for.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-02-2014, 05:17 AM

Hikari laughed and started walking. "Challenge accepted. I wonder just what this relic is, anyway." She said, keeping her guard up as they walked quietly through the forest.

"So, do you have any idea what it is we're supposed to be looking for?" He asked. Since they had said "relic" he imagined something old and important, maybe golden.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-02-2014, 05:34 AM

"That makes two of us, but I don't think we're looking for something old or antique-like. Maybe something golden though," Ark said after chuckling for a few seconds. He just had this feeling that it was something that wouldn't belong here, whatever that something was.

"Probably something that sticks out and doesn't belong here," Maya said as they continued walking. "Hey Naruto...can I ask you something?" she asked after a few seconds of silence.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-02-2014, 06:30 AM

Hikari nodded. "Yeah, somehow I think you're right. It doesn't seem like they'd use something that was actually priceless. It's too easy to lose things out here." She said, thinking practically.

Naruto looked over at the girl, ears twitching. "Yeah, what is it?" He asked, one eyebrow raised in question. With his hands in his pockets and his blank expression, the fox painted the very picture of harmlessness.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-02-2014, 06:42 AM

Ark nodded. While that was one reason that he thought as much, it just didn't make any sense for them to put something priceless out here, not with all the Grimm in the vicinity at least. "Anyways, let's keep moving. We don't want anymore wolves coming out of nowhere," he said.

(*snickers* Naruto, harmless. Yeah...and Sasuke loves Sakura)

"You were using Dust, right? If I may ask...where did you get it?" She asked, more out of curiosity than out of spite.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-02-2014, 08:12 AM

((lol that's exactly the point.))

Hikari nodded and kept walking. Up ahead, there was some kind of commotion. "Those are definitely human voices...let's check it out." She said, starting into a run.

Naruto looked at the girl quizzically. Of all the questions she could have asked, that was the last one he'd expected. "I bought it, 'tebayo. I had to work a whole lot to save up enough money, but once I earned it I bought enough to get me through a year, give or take." He answered honestly.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-03-2014, 02:48 AM

Areku nodded and ran after the girl, making sure not to accidentally out run her or something like that. Before long, he saw two girls: one with long yellow hair and one with black hair and a ribbon. They also noticed that they were standing in front of a amphitheatre with something standing in the middle of them, though Ark couldn't make out what they were from a distance.

"I see...I'm actually surprised to be honest. I mean, I can use the element of Air with my Aura, but that took me forever to learn and master...it's how I use my pistol and shotgun blasts," she said in explanation before hearing human voices in the distance. "Come on Foxy, those sound like voices! Let's see what's going on!" she shouted before running off in the direction that she heard the voices from.

(um...during the battles with Team RWBY vs. the Nevermore and Team JNPR vs. the DeathStalker, what should Team HANA do? Fighting their own beast (perhaps in the waters below to make it diverse (one for sky, one for land, one for water) fight a different beast, or help both teams (Naruto and Amaya go with Team RWBY and Ark and Hikaru go with Team JNPR or vice-versa?)

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-03-2014, 04:15 AM

((Hm...how about they fight their own beast in the water.))

Hikari noticed the two girls standing in the amphitheater and slowed as she reached them. It was then that she noticed the little chess pieces on pedestals around them. "I think we just found our relics..." She said, turning to look at the two girls. "Um...hi."

Naruto was slightly distracted by the sudden nickname, but recovered quickly and ran after the girl. It wasn't long before they came upon a large open-air amphitheater with a ring of pedestals, each one with a different colored chess piece on it. There were three girls and a boy standing there. "Hey...is this what we were looking for?"

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-03-2014, 04:29 AM

(Alright then, water it is.)

Areku chuckled lightly as he saw his partner say hello to the two girls, he himself also saying hello. "And I think we have..." he said as he noticed the chess pieces in front of them. "Um...hello. And who may you two be?" he asked curiously.

"I believe it's better to introduce yourselves first before asking for any names," Blake responded. Though she could tell that they weren't here to harm them.

"It looks like it is," Amaya stated after she slowed down. She was glad to see Areku there, but was curious about the three girls surrounding him. "I wonder who those females are..." she muttered.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-03-2014, 05:24 AM

Hikari bowed politely. "Ah, right. My name is Hikari." She said, careful not to let her surname slip again.

Naruto grinned as he recognized Blake. He raised his arm and waved. "Hey! Looks like you beat us here. Glad you made it." He said.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-03-2014, 05:35 AM

Areku noticed that Hikari didn't give her surname, but knew the reasons why she didn't. As such, he wasn't going to say what it was either. "And I'm Areku, or Ark. She also goes by Kari-chan," he said with a light grin on his face.

Blake nodded lightly. "And my name is Blake," she said before grinning when she heard Naruto's voice. Now all they needed was Ruby and Ms. Bossy and it seemed as if the gang would be complete. There were also the others that needed to be there as well. Once she was within hearing distance, she responded, "Hey Naruto, it's nice to see you again." which got a knowing grin from her female partner.

Yang grinned lightly as she saw the interaction between Naruto and her partner, but wasn't going to say anything about it just yet. Besides, she wasn't of the matchmaker type."I'm Yang. Nice to meet'cha," she said with an easy-going grin on her face

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-03-2014, 06:48 AM

"Nice to meet you, Blake-chan, Yang-chan." Hikari chuckled and rubbed the back of her head. "You know, I could have told them that, Ark-san." She said, turning when the fox Faunice and his female partner approached. She paused as she heard the black haired girl speak. Naruto? Doesn't that mean fish cake? She wondered.

Naruto grinned widely. "Good to see you, too. Who's your friend?" He turned to greet the others that were gathered. "Hi, nice to meet you all. I'm Naruto." He said.

Hanging on for dear life, the white haired girl watched with shock and indignation as her "partner" simply let go and started falling. Weiss was currently hanging on to the back of a flying Grimm, and had just told Ruby not to let go. "Hey, I said not to let go!!" She called after the rapidly falling red-caped girl.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-03-2014, 10:14 PM

"You're right, I could have. I could also tell them to call you that other name..." he deadpanned, getting a glare from Hikari. "And it is nice to meet you Blake-san, Yang-san," he added after a few moments before glancing towards the remaining chess pieces...wondering if they could just take the peice. However, he had a feeling that the one they chose would have repercussions later on as he noticed that there were two sets of pieces, minus the one in Yang's hand. Shrugging lightly, he decided to take the King piece that was standing in the middle of the amphitheatre before hearing Naruto introduce himself and responded in kind.

"This is Yang. Yang, Naruto," Blake responded, glad to see that he had made it through the forest as well. However, she also noticed that his partner was hurt. "What about your partner? Is she alright?" she asked in concern.

"And I told you to jump!" Ruby shouted as she fell to the ground. If it weren't for the timely action of Juanne meeting her in mid-air, then she could have possibly have been a pancake of the ground. Seeing stars, as she rested against the tree branch, the scythe-weilding girl wondered what had happened to cause said blonde-haired boy to be thrown into the air, not that she was complaining mind you.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-04-2014, 04:33 AM

Hikari pinned the boy with a glare that could have nailed paper to a wall. "I thought we had an agreement about that." She said icily, clearly not willing to joke about it.

Naruto waved at Yang, then turned to Amaya. "This is Maya. The wound isn't deep, and I bandaged it as best I could, so it should be okay. 'Course, I don't like to speak for her."

Weiss growled. "Oh you stubborn, stupid little..." She muttered, before jumping.

Last edited by ~Wild Spirit Wolf~; 01-04-2014 at 06:57 AM..

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-04-2014, 04:46 AM

(I'm assuming you meant Weiss there, not Yang)

Areku chuckled lightly at that. "We did. But you didn't say anything about joking about it," Areku replied nonchalantly. "But I won't tease you about it then," he added.

"I'll live," Maya replied, but thanked her for her concern as well before looking up and seeing a giant Grimm bird.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-04-2014, 07:01 AM

((Whoops! sorry about that. Fixed it. ))

Hikari nodded curtly. "Thank you." She said, no longer in the mood to talk. Looking up and seeing the flying Grimm, she instantly went for her weapon.

Naruto noticed Maya looking up at something, and followed her gaze. "Hey...is that a girl falling from that Grimm?" He asked curiously.