Ebuichan
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2008, 02:33 AM

Manga absolutley ,is mostly more exciting then the anime ...and there more special things in it which u may not get to know from the anime.

heartpoint
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2008, 05:14 AM

I kind of like manga the best but i like both. The thing is a lot of the manga i like has not been made into an anime.

Zefu
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-01-2008, 05:41 PM

I love manga a lot better. Usually it is the original (by that I mean the anime was based off it not vice versa) and the anime tends to change or tone down things. Not only that but with manga you can read it almost anywhere. You can't watch anime in as many places. I'd take my manga over my anime any day.

Okiama
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-02-2008, 02:10 AM

Really, I love both pretty much equally. One Piece I love the anime and the manga. Manga is more money though so Anime is better when it comes to money.

Akiou
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-02-2008, 02:13 AM

Overall I like manga better. But lately I have been watching anime instead because I don't really have time to read a lot of manga, so I just watch one episode a day or something of anime. XD

xXx Bloody Rose xXx
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-12-2008, 07:35 PM

It depends on which series for me. But most of the time I think that the manga is better than the anime because sometimes the anime leaves things out.

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 AM

I watch a lot of anime and read a lot of manga. I like both for lots of different reasons just like each has its drawbacks.

Anime ultimately takes up a lot of time. Each episode is 20 minutes and it's annoying to stop in the middle of episodes so you need to make the time for it. Not to mention download time (for unlicensed series) or the money to buy DVDs. But it's nice to see things in animation and moving around. And with anime come things like the music and the drama cds, which I wouldn't want to give up.

On the other hand, manga ends up being less expensive (per item!! DVD = $20. Book = $10 although the total in the long run might end up more). Also it's easier to pick up a book and you can read it in pieces where ever you want. No waiting for the TV to be available and time to sit and watch. Also, I love looking at the types of art between series.

Manga, being books, has the potential to be longer. Little side stories in the ends of volumes being backstory and depth to characters that can't be there in anime sometimes due to time and budget restriction.

I tend to prefer manga, but anime is also wonderful and I could never exclusively choose between the two.

~//Lara\\~
De-activated

Old 01-13-2008, 03:09 PM

I love both anime and manga, but I really don't see the difference except that you watch one, and the other you read. I watch anime a lot more than I read manga, but they are both great :D

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-14-2008, 12:45 PM

I prefer manga to anime. There's a wider selection of manga available, and plus, I can stop reading it whenever I want to. I can also bring it with me wherever I go. If I wanted to bring anime with me, I'd have to bring a portable DVD player, and some DVDs. And risk them getting damaged in the car ride. Books are less likely to get damaged, as I have proper space to store them in the car. :). Besides that, watching anime takes a lot of time that I sometimes don't have(unfortunately). Manga doesn't take up nearly as much time. Plus, I can keep going back to it, and look at the art if I really like it. With anime, I'd have to turn the TV on, turn on the DVD player, and wait for it to come up if I wanted to stare at the art- or I'd be forced to keep looking at the same image on the cover. :(

~//Lara\\~
De-activated

Old 01-15-2008, 02:21 AM

Yes, I'd have to agree with that, there are a ton more manga than anime, and they are easier to entertain you

' P I E
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-15-2008, 09:22 AM

i like both manga and anime they are both equally good except manga is better by a bit

K A D O
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-15-2008, 03:39 PM

I like both equily but manga is definitly the cheaper one. I try to buy anime now and then but tey can reach up to one hundered dollars for twenty five episodes. I honestly think they sell it for that much because they know they can get people to buy it. it's like an addict. ><

~//Lara\\~
De-activated

Old 01-15-2008, 03:42 PM

I absolutely agree with Kado. Anime can suck you money away, but I, like him, still like both equally.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 01-16-2008, 05:29 PM

Wow, it took me so long to find the anime/manga thread of Menewsha. lol
Must be because I never bothered clicking on 'Books' till now. =P

But anyway, regarding the thread subject. I mostly agree with Javert with his opinions. I can obtain manga easier than I could anime, and it's much cheaper too, as well as being much easier to bring around with me in case I want to read to pass my time. I am able to read manga much faster, as compared to anime. Imagine if one series had 40+ but a hundred over anime episodes. The 40+ books I can finish reading in 2/3 days, but 25 minutesx100+ anime episodes? O___o;

Nana0o
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Nana0o Send a message via Yahoo to Nana0o

Old 02-15-2008, 11:00 PM

I like manga more. I love to read and they are cheaper then anime XD

Heartbeats
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2008, 12:32 AM

I like manga more. Don't know why I prefer it over anime but for the past years, manga has attracted me more than anime. x]

So.. Yeah ;D

Chinen Yuuri
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-02-2008, 12:27 AM

I prefer to read manga more cause I love to read xD

Wickedpan-chan
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-03-2008, 12:17 AM

manga a part from from the things that happen in it
i can take with me
its cheaper
i lke to read while i travel
i travel a loth

so thats why

Elemental
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-03-2008, 02:17 AM

*giggles*
I have always like the Manga over the Anime just because things happen in the manga that are cut out of the Animes and that sometimes makes me sad to see.

Compromised Evil
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-04-2008, 03:00 AM

I Like The Fact That The Anime Is Right There, Like They Talk And Move And You Don't Have To Think Or Read.

But, Manga Always Tends To Go Farther, And Into More Detail. And Animes Always End Up Switching Something From The Manga Up.

So, Overall, Well Actually Not Overall. It Depends On The Series, How Much I've Already Read, How Much I've Already Seen, Whether I Saw Or Read First && How Lazy Or Un-Lazy I Feel.

:D What A Clear And Simple Answer I Gave.

But Yeah, That's My Mostly Un-Summed Up But What I Clarify As A Summed Up Decision. I'm Confusing, Aren't I? ^-^;;

Kyuuki
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Kyuuki

Old 03-04-2008, 03:15 AM

it's a moot point. some anime doesn't have a manga version, some manga doesn't have an anime. sure, we hear a lot about those that have both because they can get very mainstream, but there's a lot where the manga never gets an anime adaption and where the manga is adapted off of the anime. there's also the fact that it's not always the manga that has more to it, the anime may be the version that has the most story.

I take it on a case by case basis if it's a series that has both; sometimes I like anime more, sometimes it's the other way around, and sometimes I like both.

Mars180
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-07-2008, 01:38 AM

ANIME

to tell the truth i really dont like reading XD

Aestamis
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2008, 03:42 AM

That's actually a difficult question. I think I prefer manga most of the time, however. Some anime, like InuYasha and Fullmetal Alchemist, cut off half of the whole story. They end the anime before it really even gets close to the end in the original manga which sort of bugs me...
Still, there are a few anime that sometimes improve the original manga art.
If I had to pick, I would choose manga, I think...
I CAN'T PICK =(

dreamseer
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2008, 03:45 AM

Most of the time, I prefer manga. It really depends on which one.

plum-blossoms
Send a message via AIM to plum-blossoms Send a message via MSN to plum-blossoms

Old 03-29-2008, 05:49 AM

I personally perfer manga over anime....due to the fact that the manga gives you more details and is the original work of the creator.

Anime is awesome cause you see everything in color and movement....but sometimes they change the plot around or add extra stuf thats not needed. as well as it could be a manga that is about 200 chapters and they try to fit the whole story in 20 episodes.....