Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-06-2013, 08:49 PM

A smile came over him. Not because of what Shadow said, but because of what she implied. He was a convict. A man deemed dangerous and lethal (which is true). And yet, this woman he barely knew, was telling him that he would, one day, find love. Perhaps it was just a word of encouragement, but Reino took it to heart. To him, he believed that Shadow believed that love was possible in such a place. This gave him hope because maybe, just maybe, she would seek love out again. He knew all too well that he had fallen for her. It was stupid too. The only reason he fell for Shadow was because he had... no, he wouldn't go there. But having done what he did, it made him fall for her. It probably didn't help that he requested to have her as his neighbor. He trusted her because she trusted him. Too bad she didn't know that was a poor choice.

His head cocked to the side some as he stared blankly over toward her room. He was completely baffled by the thought that he could even think of falling in love with someone. He knew little about love. He never had a girlfriend. The only woman he ever kissed was back when he was five -- and it was for a dare. As far as sexual activities went, he never engaged in them as he was too busy running from the SFA. Actually, that was a lie. There was that one time with Daliah, but Reino didn't count that night because both of them were too drunk to remember. Or at least that was the lie he told Daliah. She, however, remembered everything, which is why she babied him to no end. Reino rubbed his neck. He hated knowing that Daliah wanted to 'rekindle their old flames.' In his mind, Sycom was the right man for her, not him.

Realizing he left poor Shadow standing there, Reino walked over to his board. "Can't say I've ever had that feeling." The words were erased and replaced with, "But it sounds nice." He wrote below it, "Maybe if I'm lucky. But we're in prison." The words were soon gone and he wrote something else out, only it was with much hesitation. "What... what do you think of... me?" It was a bit too vague, he realized that. Cleaning the board, he added, "Am I date worthy?"

Reino had no idea how Shadow would respond. A part of him hoped she would say something like, "Oh, please, you're handsome and smart, what woman wouldn't fall for you." But a part of him also wanted to hear something more, something deeper. Daliah fell for his looks and brains, but Reino felt that there needed to be more than brain and brawn. His personality, although lousy, should have its weight, right?"

He didn't even notice that he had erased the board and began writing a few things. "Mysteriously beautiful, but in a curious way. Sincere eyes that show empathy and passion. The mindset to commit to a routine and stick to it. And a heart unlike any other. More a Robin Hood than a villain, no?" Everything on the board was about Shadow. It wasn't as deep or as romantic as he would have liked -- wait, he stepped back. Looking at what he wrote, he cocked a brow at it all. His mind and hands betrayed him! How dare they reveal that he was keenly watching and admiring her. Ugh, just what he needed, to come across stalker-like. But Reino was smart, he could turn this in his favor. Adding a quick note to the bottom he said, "Not sure such nice things can be said about me. :\" With a shoulder shrug, he pulled forth a chair and moved it back to the glass. Plopping himself down he waited to see what Shadow would write. A part of him wanted to say, "Tell me that you love me," but that was far too cliche for even him.

Besides, who was to say that he was really in love. Perhaps this was just the guilt kicking in....

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 10:40 PM

Shadow's golden eyes watched Reino carefully. The smile that graced his face lifted her up a bit. She never got to see it much and in this place, well seeing smiles were little rays of sunshine. When he just stared in her direction she could tell his mind was somewhere else and that was ok. She could wait him out until he was ready to continue to talk.

While she waited for him to do or say something Shadow also lost herself in her thoughts. Why had she said that to him? That one day he would find love? None of them were ever going to find love in this prison. But she had to believe that. It was the only thing that kept her from detaching herself completely. If she did that there would be nothing left and she wouldn't be able to be saved. Love to her was hope and if you didn't have hope, then what was there to live for?

Seeing Reino walk over to his board out of the corner of her eye, she looked up and watched him write again. Again she waited until he was completely done before she wrote anything back to him.

When he wrote about her she gasped, her hand moving up to the base of her throat. Sure she had caught him glancing at her every once in a while but she didn't know he watched her to that extent.

Putting her finger up in a one second gesture Shadow moved over to a small table and grabbed the chopsticks laying there. After winding her long hair up into a topknot she expertly placed the chopsticks in to hold the knot. She did it to give herself time to think. What he had said shook her a little and she needed to process. What in the world was she going to write back to him?

Moving back to the board she started to write. "If love exists, you can find it anywhere." She erased it and thought for a second then wrote, "Reino I don't know much about you. For one you wouldn't talk to me." She stopped writing to glare at him and pointed to the last part. Then smiled, erased it and continued to write. "But, I think there's more to you deep down. I can see there's something under that exterior and I think it has the possibility to be something wonderful." Biting her lip she erased what she wrote and continued again. "Thank you for what you said about me. Robin Hood eh? I think I like that." The last thing she wrote was, "I think if you let me in I'd have plenty of nice things to say about you."

Letting out the air she had been holding in while she wrote that last sentence Shadow turned to look at Reino. Letting him see the honesty in her eyes.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 12-07-2013, 05:04 AM

Lolipop reclined on the couch beside her bed, a mystery novel in one hand and a heavily nibbled licorice stick in the other. She needed some distraction. The psychiatrists had gotten on her nerves today. They wanted to know more about that woman. They even sent in another older blonde psychiatrist to gauge a reaction. Were they trying to set her up? She'd followed the rules, she refrained from killing the doctor who'd carried 'that woman's' appearance...Perhaps she'd thrown some things and screamed as though in pure agony, but who wouldn't in her shoes?

During the session Lolipop glared daggers at the woman and refused to speak. They threatened to put her in the restraint room. It was just like that blasted closet. All she could do was fiddle anxiously with the ribbon securing her over the shoulder braid. By the end of their time together--only half an hour ago--Lolipop had said ribbon haphazardly dangling in her mid-back length curls. She'd done nothing to touch it since.

'I can't let their games overwhelm me. They will not ruin the rest of my night.' She took small calm bites of candy, finishing it off. The book couldn't keep her attention. Visions of the past began to crowd her mind leaving no room for Detective Poirot and his assistant Captain Hastings. 'I need to think happy thoughts. She's dead. She's dead and in the ground where worms have devoured what I left of her nauseating face. The Queen of Putrescence is in Hell where she belongs...' Not even the usual things that made her smile could do the trick. Suspicion of the SFA to rid itself of her weighed down on her shoulders. Gently she tossed the novel onto her bed for later. Lolipop decided that until the agency's motivations for prying into that locked section of her past was revealed, they would get nothing more about it. Or anything at all for that matter.

A knock sounded on her cell door. Now she had to deal with more of them. Seeing Sycom phase through the wall, she remained motionless and silent. She'd heard of him and saw him following Daliah around like a lost puppy. She had to admit he was quite endearing in his own...overenthusiastic way. Who came to a criminal's cell bearing gifts? A bit of pride swelled within her upon hearing Daliah's positive review. Not enough to lift her vow of silence but at least she felt a smidge better than before. Then it happened. He touched her hair without permission. Her hair. Her beautiful, curly red hair. Then she noticed he'd retied her bow. Fine, he'd get off with a warning this time.

"Excuse me sweetness, I know you meant well but if you value those fingers please refrain from doing that again." Lolipop purred sweetly, crossing one shapely leg over the other. A demure smile sat on her lips as she smoothed the skirt of her blue corset dress. "Now let's try this another way. Have a seat dear, if we must converse I want to speak with you as an equal." She graciously waved her hand to the chair beside Sycom. He seemed different and it honestly made Lolipop curious. "What brings you to my humble cell? If the psychiatry team sent you, I'm afraid our budding conversation is already over."

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 12-07-2013, 06:05 PM

It may not have been her very first day on the job, but it was early enough that Artemis still had no idea who anyone was. She'd gone through the basic trainings agents required before being allowed to be assigned to a team, but beyond that, Artemis had done very little. Of course she'd already taken the time to choose the design of her quarters to her taste preferences. Looking around them now, she was pleased with the choices she'd made. The decorations were largely of the rod iron variety, taking cues from the Hellenistic era of ancient Greece as well as cues from Neo-Classicism. Of course, her favorite element was the wall she had giving her a view of her favorite places. Tonight is was turned to the sculpture gardens at the Louvre, though she may change it to Versailles later. Artemis hadn't decided yet. Was it probably more decorations than others had? Yes, but Artemis found that when she was surrounded by beautiful things, her threat levels were very stable.

Now Artemis certainly wasn't one to lose control of her threat levels, as she'd always been cool of temper, but it certainly didn't hurt to be surrounded by her favorite things. Smiling to herself, the brunette opened her wardrobe to choose her outfit. She'd just showered, and now was time for her to make rounds. Though it was part of the job to make rounds, Artemis was looking forward to doing it because she knew she'd be on a team, and taking a look at who the options were that she might be assigned to was a smart thing to do. After donning a sensible outfit with comfortable boots, Artemis walked over to where Ajax was.

The beautiful stag was currently laying calmly on a large fur rug she had in the living room portion of her space. She'd been asked if she wanted to keep the stag in the stable area, but Artemis refused adamantly. She didn't like to be separated from Ajax, and so he lived in her rooms with her. Not to mention the beast aided in keeping her threat levels stable. Sitting down next to him, she buried her face in his neck, in response, Ajax nuzzled her with his cheek. Artemis remained there for a few minutes, petting Ajax as she did so. After a few minutes, she stood and motioned for Ajax to do the same. Artemis hadn't taken Ajax on rounds yet, but then again she'd only done them once before. The first time she just happened to do it in the middle of the night and Ajax was sound asleep, and she hadn't wanted to wake him.

Ajax stood and shook out his beautiful white hair. He was a bit of a fluffy stag, but she loved that about him. At his full height, his back came up to her shoulders and his head was taller than hers. Not to mention his large set of antlers. Ajax was quite a sight to see, which is how he'd earned his name. Once Ajax had finished shaking his coat, he nudged Artemis to the door.

"Calm down Ajax, I think you're more excited than I am..." she said with a bit of a laugh, patting his neck. Opening the door, she walked out, Ajax by her side. A few minutes later, they arrived at the base floor of the cells. Some of them had their blinds up, others didn't. She walked slowly through the corridor, hoping that the sight of both her and the massive stag would give the criminals second thoughts about testing her. Artemis had been warned that the criminals did enjoy doing that to new agents, and that she should be prepared. She had her Plurium blaster on her hip, but didn't really like it. She'd rather earn their respect than their fear, but in the case of criminals, it was always a gamble which on she'd get.

As she walked, she passed a cell that an agent was already sitting in, Cias, was that who matched this cell number? She couldn't recall. Inside was a man wrapped in a blanket who looked a bit disheveled, no surprise there- he probably wasn't expecting a visit. The agent was a very small woman, very pretty too. Artemis immediately recognized her as Hime, one of the senior agents. She'd been briefed on who most of the agents were, though she hadn't really talked to any of them. Knowing it was none of her business what was going on, she began to move on, though Ajax decided he was a bit more curious than her. He lingered for a moment, staring in the window. It was probably quite the odd sight, a massive stag staring in your window. With a sigh, Artemis made a slight clicking noise, calling Ajax to her. "Ajax don't you know its rude to stare?" she chided in a whisper, continuing her walk down the corridor.

Artemis's eyes passed into some of the other rooms, though no one really caught her eye. That is, until she reached a cell that was very dim. After looking in the open blinds for a moment, she realized it was candlelight. Eyes moving around what she could see of the room, a live feed of a city scape was covering an entire wall. How fascinating. Eyes finally falling to the person inside, she could barely make out the figure of a man with very long hair. He sat in a chair, facing the cityscape. Artemis could also vaguely make out the shape of books in the room, which brought a smile to her face. He was well-read, well that's good. Realizing that his master was looking into this room for a while, Ajax felt the need to tap the window with his antlers.

It immediately made Artemis jump and come out of her curious gazing. "Ajax! What are you doing!?! Now you've gone and possibly gotten his attention. Thanks" she whispered, chiding the beast gently. Ajax simply ignored her after looking at her for a moment. He then decided he would be the one to stare into the room, thank you very much.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-07-2013, 06:49 PM

Don't you ever get tired of letting them play their little games? The question caused the hum of his song to stop. It was a curious question for the other to be asking, considering he was the one who played a lot of games as well. "I suppose it depends on which aspect of our little game you mean?" his own voice outloud seemed odd when he was speaking to one inside of his own head. He extended a hand, up towards the cieling, his fingers spreading out. They insistantly try to get inside our heads.....they have no idea what they are dealing with.

Kanra chuckled lightly, his hand clenching, "Then you have something up..our sleeve?" it was ammusing. Perhaps, though it is not safe to say anything for certain at the moment. That was true, the future still a mystery, it would be foolish to rush into anything right off of the bat. He sat up, looking towards the door for a moment. He then stood, streatching. He was wide awake, sleeping was not a possibility. "Shall we play a game of our own then?" he asks. What did you have in mind. He smiled, reaching into his coat pocket. He slipped out a slender blade, before moving over to sit by the wall by his bed.

"A little game of riddles" he streatched his legs out, crossing them. He placed the point of the blade against the index finger of his right hand, gently toying with it. One of your favorites, the voice of the other him within his head chuckled, ammused. "Can you blame me? Think of it as....a bit of preperation" he watched a bit of blood form from where the point of the blade met his finger. "What is white, enjoys the cold, can sometimes be red.....and lives at a pole" he says, starting with something easy. Simple, the voice replied, a polar bear. Kanra chuckled, "bingo...your turn." The voice was silent for a moment.

What can be found in fourty nine places, will kill with just one strike if not treated, and consumes it's prey whole. Another easy one it seemed, "A poisonous snake....can be found in fourty nine of the fifty american states....it's poison killing if left untreated...and eats prey whole by unhindging its' jaw" he laughed lightly, "you do love snakes." He leaned his head back against the wall behind him. He remembered once when they had seen such a snake within the labs here, it had been a rattle snake. They had watched it consume a simple mouse...the little creature had never had a chance. "Do you see us as the snake?" he asks. No, we are stronger than a snake...smarter as well....a snake can be easily squashed if one is qualified....no....we are more than a simple snake.

"Good...snakes are to scaly" Kanra chuckled, tossing the knife so it's tip stuck in the carpet just where their feet ented. He nudged it with the foot of his shoe. "My turn~"

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 12-07-2013, 09:55 PM

Vladimir had stayed leaning against the "balcony" for a good hour before turning away from the city. His teal gaze lingered on the books beside his chair. He still wasn't in the mood to read. Turning the chair to face the city streets, Vlad settled down for a while longer. Thoughts pursued him. These thoughts, like many others, included his past.

Vlad stared at the red-tinted city, stroking the crystal that embossed the left side of his chest. If he'd had the Purium back then, on that day his sister died, perhaps he could have saved her.

With a sigh, he stood again. Vlad lit another candle, enjoying the scent and brief plume of warmth. He stared at the leather-bound books before him, still lost in thought. The room was still dim, and reds made the area seem warm. His fingers teased about the flame, as though taunting it to try and harm him. Just as his hand lingered, the heat actually beginning to leave a mark, Vlad's eyes began to glow. His Purium kept him from being harmed - yes, it hurt. But it wouldn't do any permanent harm.

A tap on his window caught the criminal's attention. Slowly turning his gaze toward the strange creature looking in at him, Vlad clasped his hands behind him. He stepped up before the window, glowing teal eyes calmly regarding both the stag and the woman outside.

After a moment of silently watching back, Vlad pressed a pale hand to the window before Ajax. Curiosity was evident in his eyes, and he looked to Artemis. Vlad took in her appearance slowly, obviously not caring if the action made her uncomfortable. She was an agent, that much was very obvious. Her Purium blaster was enough to make him raise an eyebrow in distaste, but as Vlad took in her soft features and lovely brown hair, his expression shifted back to neutrality.

Vlad didn't bother speaking. He knew that his voice would be heard clearly from the other side, should she allow it. Still - he didn't deem it necessary.

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 12-08-2013, 12:53 AM

Silence hung in the air as Cias stared unblinkingly at Hime's face, analyzing her features. He had heard her words, and was processing them to a point in his mind. She seemed to be pleased with herself about something. Maybe he wasn't being as complicated as she had thought he would be. Every move she made seemed calculated, as if she knew what response she was going to get. As if she were playing Cias like a pianist a piano. And that hit a nerve with him.

Lips twitched down into a slight frown as his thoughts continued to spin in his mind, though his expression didn't really change much beyond that. He rolled his head back and then sat up straight, cracking his back again as he got up from the arm rest. He would be working with a completely new team, which means that he'd have to meet new people. Already he could feel that empty hole in his chest growing larger as some invisible hand clawed at the edges. More people to disappoint it seemed. Hm. He shuffled over to his desk and popped open the contacts case, dipping his fingers into the solution and plucking the contacts out, smoothly slipping them back onto his eyes and blinking to activate them again.

Agreement to work with her...use of his wondrous skills...

What was she even going on about? She made it sound like he actually had a choice. He wasn't stupid, the decisions had already been made. What was the point of this conversation anyway? He lifted a hand and swished a pattern through the air, the screen before his eyes registered the action and started flipping through files as he used his other hand to complete different patterns, scrolling through a file of miscellaneous information. It was more out of irritation than a need to do anything that he was doing this. Observations of this Agent Hime were entered with his left hand while his right edited information on his ex-teammates at a slower pace.

"The switch has already been made." he finally spoke. "Why bother asking." He didn't really expect an answer to any of the things he said, pouring the majority of his attention into what he was doing in an attempt to keep his mind off the aching pain that was trying to envelope him. Years of being the odd one out in his family had left its mark. Even if he hadn't been abused or maltreated as a child, there were some things he took away with him as he grew that he just couldn't explain, and this ever-growing hole of darkness that threatened to consume him one day was among those things.

"I highly doubt I am an equal to you in your eyes. Why feign it to look like so?" He focused his vision to her even as words continued to scroll across his vision, labels popping up and pointing to various places around Hime and some even on her. The system was even trying to identify the files in her lap. He'd caught a glimpse of the names earlier when she'd fanned them across her lap, but he didn't feel much like asking her who else was included on her team. He probably didn't know them anyway.

"How about you just pretend I agreed nicely to all your reasonable requests and you can go prettily off on your way to the next interview you need to do?" Cias deadpanned after letting his other question sit for a few seconds.

Last edited by Aoi Kazuya; 12-09-2013 at 04:48 AM..

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 12-08-2013, 01:40 AM

Before she could begin to walk away, the man began walking over to the window. With a slight sigh, she made the decision to talk to him. How much could it hurt to try and be nice to the criminals anyways? They were not so stupid as to harm an agent here, in HQ. Ajax seemed to feel the same way, though he was feeling much friendlier, considering he licked the glass where Vlad's fingers were. Artemis looked over at Ajax with a disapproving confused expression. In response, he simply licked her hand.

"Ajax. You're making a terrible first impression." she chided, wiping her hand off. Noticing the man was only inches from her through the glass, she saw that he was sizing her up. Artemis allowed it, it didn't bother her. They were going to do that anyways. She knew that the time for them to judge her was here, and she might as well make it as painless as possible. Once he seemed to finish his appraisal, she finished hers. Artemis had to admit, he was one of the loveliest men she'd seen. His features were angular and harsh, but that wasn't a bad thing. Not to mention his teal eyes. Such an unusual color. Well, it would do no good to take a look at how attractive the criminals were, and so she finally broached the silence to speak, making it so she could hear him as well.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you...." she peeked at the door number real quick and called up a map in her mind "Vlad." Artemis finished after a moment. She recalled a particularly harsh warning about this Vlad character, but it was too late now to listen to it "I was just walking through and happened to notice your lovely candles as well as your volumes of literature. I love to read, and so I couldn't help but take a peek. Ajax here" she motioned to the massive stag beside her "was the one who actually interrupted you. Anyways, I'm Agent Artemis. Or just Artemis, the agent thing I still haven't gotten used to yet." she smiled softly. Was it unwise to be nice to him? Probably, but she was still a believer of utilizing respect first, fear later. Also, he was clearly well-read, and Artemis couldnt help but respect that. Well-read usually meant intelligent, and she couldn't resist a fellow intellectual.

Esmme

Old 12-08-2013, 03:44 AM

Vlad withdrew his hand after Ajax licked the glass. His eyebrow quirked up again as Artemis looked to the number on his door. The male said nothing about being interrupted, nor did he respond to anything that Artemis said. In fact, it looked as though he wasn't going to say a thing. Instead, he silently stood and observed. Just as the silence grew uncomfortable, Vlad finally spoke.

"An agent," he said quietly. The lovely SFA technology made it sound as though there was no barrier between them. Vlad's low voice was smooth, and slightly husky. Honestly, he sounded like the villain from one of the public's films. "Enjoying your stroll through the inmates' halls?" Sarcasm dripped from his ever word.

Teal eyes flickered over Artemis again, a second analysis after hearing she was new to her position. A new agent. The SFA did love their recruits. Though Vlad hadn't moved, his threat level began to climb. As it did so, his gaze darted to Artemis' throat. "I do enjoy the company," he said. "Particularly when the company happens to be female." With a smile, the criminal turned his attention to his scorched fingers. He wasn't surprised to find that they'd already healed.

Once again, Vlad fell silent, his glowing eyes returning to hold Artemis' gaze steadily. As though expecting the agent to continue, the tall male clasped his hands behind his back once again.

Last edited by Esmme; 12-08-2013 at 06:08 PM..

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 12-08-2013, 04:22 AM

The silence was getting quite painful, and Ajax's patience was waning. He nudged the glass with nose, as if trying to push Vlad into saying something. Artemis simply let him at this point, it wasn't like he could do any harm. He'd already brought the man over. Artemis waited for him to respond, as she wasn't going to lower herself to trying to force him into talking to her. Twenty more seconds of silence and she'd move on.

Soon though, he broke the tangible silence between them. His voice wove its way through the glass and to her ears, dripping like liquid velvet as he spoke. It was beautiful, dark, and clearly dangerous. He was dangerous. As he spoke, the encyclopedia of her mind pulled up an entry, on vampires of course. The relationship could not be denied, he looked just like them, his voice had the quality that they were rumored to have, and his name- well, his name was that of the man that inspired the creation of Dracula. His ties to vampirism were just as obvious as her own ties to the Greek Goddes of the Hunt.

Realizing that he was awaiting her response, she pulled herself out of her own mind and looked up at him. How tall he was, he stood more than half a foot taller than her. "Enjoying my stroll? I suppose one can enjoy strolling through gilded cages only so much." she considered, measuring her words and making sure each one was the precise word she wanted "Though it is assigned to me to make these rounds, I have ulterior motives. I shall tell you all about them, in a moment." Was she about to make a bad decision? Why of course, but bad decisions always made the best stories. Besides, Ajax and her Plurium Blaster would ensure her safety. A moment later, the door could be heard unlocking and opening. As she walked in, the spike in his threat level showed, but Artemis did not let it dissuade her. Yes they were higher, but he was a criminal- that was to be expected. A criminal in the presence of a new agent? It would be shocking for it not to happen.

"If you wish me to leave, please let me know. But you did mention you do find enjoyment in company, and since we were having a conversation, I'd rather not have it through glass." Artemis said, regarding him as she walked into the room, Ajax following her. Once both were inside, she shut the door. The sheer size of the stag now became much more evident. Though Vlad was fairly tall, Ajax's antlers still rose above him. "I promise Ajax has much better manners inside." She gave the beast a stern looking, informing him that he was not to sniff, nudge, lick, or eat anything in the room.

"Now then, my ulterior motives." Artemis had noticed the height difference from outside the room, but now standing before him, it was even more evident. But she would not be intimidated. "Though we must watch you all to make sure you aren't committing anymore crimes, I really came on this late night stroll because I was curious. I like to learn things, people, stories. I wanted to know who you all are. If I am to be committing my life to this job, well I am going to see you almost as often as I see myself." she spoke, eyes glancing around the room once more before falling on his face again. "And so, I took it upon myself to come and see what I could ascertain from your spaces. Your candles, your city, and your books caught my eye and so I wanted to speak with you. I was curious as to what you were reading." Artemis smiled pleasantly, making it clear that she was done speaking and it was now his turn to participate.

Artemis was outwardly focused on Vlad, but her mind was calculating at a thousand miles per hour. Currently she was thumbing through the vampire stories that she knew, and couldn't help but wonder if his Plurium made him very similar to the creatures in practice too. Which would mean he liked blood; well that just meant she'd have to keep him away from her neck. Easy enough. Regardless of what she was calculating and recalling, her body language was relaxed, comfortable. It would not do to let her caution show

Esmme

Old 12-08-2013, 05:52 AM

"And cages they are." Vlad nodded once, a very distinct action that showed his agreement. It was rare for him to agree with anyone, but he was in a good mood. That, and since the woman was outside his room, he didn't seem particularly interested in being too threatening.

Both brows rose as the door opened. Was this new agent really so foolish? Entering a criminal's domain without permission? He wasn't sure if they needed it, but the criminal certainly wasn't used to random visitors. Or visitors in general.

The moment Artemis stepped into the room, a wave of cool air washed over her. The glow of the candles might have made the room look warm, but the air conditioning may have been on full blast. Soft music continued playing. Though it usually kept Vlad calm, his threat level rose exponentially.

He actually had to turn his gaze from her to keep his anger from showing. Vlad moved across the room, keeping an obvious distance between them. The broad-shouldered male looked distinctly unhappy with Artemis' presence, but did an excellent job of keeping his body language as languid as ever. He ignored the large white stag as best he could.

"I rather preferred the glass." Vlad's tone was harsh, and he turned his back to Artemis, facing the cityscape once again. Obviously, his comment about appreciating company didn't include when he enjoyed it.

Vlad didn't appear to be listening as the agent spoke of her motives. Her interests didn't seem to interest him, and neither did he seem inclined to participate in her little walk of wisdom. "If you want to learn about a criminal," his gaze returned to Artemis as he spoke, "read the files. They say everything you could possibly want to know." The feral look in his eyes told Artemis that Vlad obviously didn't believe that.

"A word of advice." Vlad turned to face Artemis, his eyes glowing with the use of his Purium. He seemed ready to strike, though knew it was suicide to do so. "Don't wander the halls looking to appease your curiosity." It took all of his effort not to lash out at the agent then and there. "I'm not here to carry on pleasant conversations with people like you."

There was a dangerous leap in his threat level. Vladimir closed his eyes, turning to face the city streets once again. He was barely keeping himself at the threshold. He needed to be careful - but he never was particularly good at that.

In an effort to deter his sudden anger, the male motioned toward the books that sat on the table by his chair. "Criminal Psychology," he said, moving to lift one of the books. "And an interesting, if not inaccurate, version of ancient Western history." Vlad let out a slow breath, struggling to keep himself calm.

"I'm convinced they studied the subjects here to write this." Setting the psychology book down, Vlad clenched his fist to keep his hand from shaking. Still, he didn't ask Artemis to leave. "It's quite accurate."

Last edited by Esmme; 12-08-2013 at 06:08 PM..

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 12-08-2013, 06:22 AM

Immediately she regretted her decision to step into the room. His threat levels had grown to much higher than she was comfortable dealing with. She hadn't meant to upset him, she only wanted to be able to get a better grasp of his interests and everything. It had been a mistake, and his face and threat levels made that abundantly clear.

"I apologize, I had not intended to upset you so. I simply wanted to be able to speak more easily, I felt that relative privacy might make it easier to talk to you. I was only looking to see what you were reading." Artemis said, backing away to the door to allow him more of his own space. She listened intently as he spoke, making sure to allow him to get his thoughts out. He was slow to speak, and Artemis had caught onto that.

"Files don't show you who a person really is." Artemis said bluntly, all pretense of manners going away. If he was going to be so uncouth, she would as well. "They're numbers, letters, tests written by people who only see you to study you. The nuances of personality cannot be garnered from a small collection of words and bullet points. That's like asking Athena to share her infinite battle wisdom with a child. It simply cannot be done." She spoke, though Artemis wasn't sure why she was even trying. But the chance to talk with someone who challenged her was just so enticing.

"In your response to not being here to please us with conversation, I do understand your stance on the subject. I'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed. How could you feel any differently? Cerberus may be appeased with a song, but it does not change his nature nor the fact that he is forced into a job." Her voice was similar to the way a storyteller would recite one of Homer's epics. Artemis also cast her gaze to him, doing her best to meet his eyes and make it clear who Cerberus was in this metaphor.

"For what its worth, I am not here for you to 'entertain' me. I want to understand. Thats all, I seek to understand everything I can. If that is so offensive to you, than I shall cease to make the effort to understand. But I feel in this agency, though they do not see us on equal ground, and I don't HAVE to respect you, I'd like to. Work is much easier when the workers are willing to speak to one another."

Soon enough, that part of the conversation ended and he did satiate her with the answers to her questions. Though she wanted to move closer and look at the books, his threat levels told her to stay by the door. He hadn't asked her to leave, and she was a stubborn sort. "Well, history is written by the victors." she answered in response to his comment about his book. Moving on to Criminal Psychology, she listened as he spoke of its accuracy. "Do you feel it is accurate for something written by an outside perspective or genuinely accurate? I find there is often a difference. " Artemis dared to venture a question, though his response to it would be surprising either way. She did keep her hand on the doorknob should his threat level rise any further. One thing of note, however, is that her hand was no where near her Plurium Blaster. And it wasn't going to be.

Esmme

Old 12-08-2013, 09:05 AM

Vlad seemed happy with Artemis' decision to stay near the door. As the pretense of politeness faded, the criminal seemed ... pleased. There was a reaction he was used to. He expected the agents to act in a way without friendly preamble.

When Artemis moved on to her association with Cerberus, however, Vlad stepped away from the city window. Instead, he met the woman's gaze. Within the space of a breath, he was standing less than a foot from her. "At least Cerberus was created with a purpose in mind." The criminals, however, were taken from their prior lives and used until they were no longer valuable. They were twisted, formed to the SFA's purpose. Vlad ignored the fact that the analogy fit so cleanly. Instead, he pushed the thought away with a hiss of irritation. His threat levels remained just below the threshold of true danger.

He listened to Artemis' talk about understanding. It was a brilliant little speech. Inspiring, really. Vlad immediately seemed to push the explanation aside, casting it away as though it were a lie. It had to be. No agent came to the criminals looking to "truly understand them" and become friends, or some silly excuse for a partner. They came to learn more about them, yes. They came to find the ins and outs of the criminal, finding and exploiting their weaknesses and strengths. That's what the physical tests were for, and what the psychology tests were intended for ... everything.

As they moved on to the topic of the books, Vlad finally backed away from Artemis. What really seemed to calm him was how she avoided threatening him. Her hand wasn't even near the Purium blaster. That alone seemed to surprise him. Vlad's teal eyes stopped glowing, and his Purium crystal dimmed. Though he still nearly shook with the effort of not attacking the agent, he seemed willing to turn his attention elsewhere.

"An outside perspective," Vlad clasped his hands behind his back once again, regaining a calm composure - on the surface. "I would hazard to guess that the author had plenty of personal experience with each of the criminals in question." A slight smile teased his lips. "I am curious to know whether or not he ended up in a cell of his own."

Once again, the tall male fell silent. He wasn't one to carry on a conversation just to make her happy.

Last edited by Esmme; 12-08-2013 at 06:07 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-08-2013, 03:03 PM

**REMINDER from GM**
Any and all interactions or mentions of another character need to be BOLD and/or UNDERLINED.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 12-09-2013, 03:57 AM

Once more the silver haired woman turned. This time she walked over to the laptop that sat on the desk. Vex moved the mouse causing the computer to come to life. It only took a few seconds for her to pull up the music player and turn it on. Music was the answer. Yes, the music would help to settle her down. Right now she couldn’t put her finger one it, but she felt restless. Maybe it was because it was close to the time of year that it had been when she snapped ten years ago.

Had it really been that long? The events that took place were still vivid in the woman’s mind. The surprise one the four boys’ faces when screamed at them to leave her alone or they would regret it. Those fools should have listened, but then of course she didn’t give them a chance to regret it. This time they had thought they could do more than just call her names. No one knew, not even Sycom whom she had went to school with, just how they had attempted to go with their bullying that caused her to snap. Maybe if they had not beaten and sexually assaulted her she wouldn’t have snap, not become what she was now. The thought of those boys hands touch her made her skin crawl every time. Oh, but the looks on their faces had been priceless when she fought back against them. The look of annoyance and anger they had. Their anger had been nothing compared to the emotions she had bottled up inside. A grin formed on her face as Vex thought about the fear shining in their pathetic eyes at the sight of the knife in her hand. Their screams had been like music to her ears back then and her hands dyed crimson from their blood was a delightful sight. Anyone else would have thought it was a ghastly sight, four dead bodies and a girl kneeling by them covered in their blood, laughing.

Soon Vex was snapped out of her reminiscing by the change in songs on the laptop. The new song was one of her favorites, though she knew well she had no chance at finding love. Of course not that she was sure she really wanted to after what she had been through. She found herself singing along to the music. “So what if you can see the darkest side of me…”

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 12-09-2013, 04:54 AM

Artemis had gotten lost in her speechmaking, a nasty habit of hers, when she was suddenly drawn out of it by Vlad's sudden appearance so close to her. An audible breath could be heard as she gasped in surprise, and her threat level went up noticeably as fear seeped into her. Artemis was fine with the man being across the room, but being closer to her than Ajax was was not something she had prepared herself for.

Drawing in another breath and placing her hand on Ajax's back helped her steady herself, and her threat level dropped, though not to where it had been when she'd entered. Of course for Artemis, a 35 was on the high side, so a "high" threat level wasn't very dangerous. "Cerberus was also respected and feared, though he did not always know it." she added, though the time to discuss the guardian of Tartarus had passed.

As she had continued to talk about understanding, the closeness between them allowed her to meet his eyes, and she could see that he was listening. Though Vlad made it look as if he was not interested in her words, the fact that his eyes had yet to glaze over told her otherwise. There was a challenge there, between the two of them. Tangible, and probably a bit stupid on her part, but Artemis wasn't about to disregard it entirely. She'd remember it, and she would speak to Vlad in the future, of that the young brunette was certain.

Fortunately for her sanity and her threat level, Vlad backed away once the topic strayed to books. It was safe, harmless to discuss a book. Much less sensitive than discussing the morality of a thinly veiled metaphor. "That's what I had assumed on it's accuracy. That's usually how those books are. One that truly captured the mind of the darker side would be too frightening to publish in this society. For if we accurately understood the intents behind the crimes, would we not be able to empathize ourselves? And the where would our system of threat levels put us?" She mused, her voice lowering to a whisper as she finished speaking. Seeing the smile taunt her as it threatened to show itself, Artemis couldn't help but start to have a small smirk of her own.

"That is the eternal question isn't it? The moment we understand our enemy and can truly defeat them is the moment we begin to love them. That's from Ender's Game, a very interesting novel if you've never read it. So I would not doubt that he did end up on the very side he was trying to explain." She finished. Reading his body language and responding to how he'd behaved earlier, Artemis did feel it was time to say her goodnight. "Well Vlad, I have taken up more of your time than I am sure you wanted me too. Thank you for the conversation, and I hope you enjoy your books. I must be taking my leave." She said politely, placing her hand on the door to open it and leave him to his candles and city.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-09-2013, 02:39 PM

Sycom cocked a brow at Lolipop's sudden change in demeanor. He meant not offense in toughing her hair. His eyes glanced down at the files. Of course, he growled to himself, he missed the file about not touching her hair. Oh well, lesson learned. Scratching his red hair, he gave Lolipop a sheepish smile. "Sorry about the hair. I'm still rather new to this 'Senior Agent' thing. As far as any evals or psych teams go, I don't have access to those files so I'm afraid that part of your stay is yours and yours alone. Even with my rank, I don't have the authority to know such details. Not that I would want them. My own life is complicated enough," he laughed.

"Anyway, I'm here today to inform you that you're being reassigned. I will be taking over as your senior agent. We've been bumped to Division 1. Hime and Artemis, two other agents, will also serve as your superiors. However, you will heed my word above theirs. As far as my minor goes, I haven't been assigned one yet. In other words, this is a new thing and it's happening due to an increase in the number of supernaturals breaching our atmosphere." He paused for a breath of air. "You'll be working alongside Mozilla, Discord, and Vex. Tomorrow morning sharply at 9AM you'll be meeting the members of Division 1."

Sycom sighed. "I'm afraid I can't really tell you much more as I haven't been fed the information yet. All I know is that this is a big deal and we're being put on the front lines. We're the ones that will do the investigating and we'll also be tasked with stopping this. The safety of the world depends on our success. If we lose, the SFA and security fails and chaos will ensue. Chaos will lead to war and war will lead to losses. We need to stop that." Standing, he moved toward the glass. "I hope you're in for your life is now on display for all our otherworldly enemies. Get some sleep and I'll see you tomorrow morning." Before phasing through the wall, he waited to see if she had any remarks. Not wanting to offer any final words, he left the cell and moved toward his next teammate, Mozilla.

The stroll down to his cell was pretty simple. Within mere seconds he was standing before the guy's pen. Tapping on the glass, he gave the male enough time to tidy up, should that be the case. Then, much like Lolipop's experience, he phased through the wall. Standing tall, he crossed his arms behind his back. This go around, he wouldn't be overly nice. It was getting late and he wanted rest as well as some time to read over each of the files. He wanted to be quick and respectable.

"Mozilla," his lips curled up into a smile, "I'm here to personally welcome to Division 1's team. I will serve as your new senior agent. Daliah's rearranged the teams due to security issues relating to the increase in monster sightings." He dropped his arms into his pockets. "Have you any questions about this reassignment or the mission?"

The one nice thing about Mozilla was that Sycom didn't feel threatened by him. Both men shared similar thoughts on women and on children. Neither could or would hurt them and both were very willing to help. Only, Sycom's were less... well, murderous. Still, they shared the same love of equality. It was going to be nice to have a fellow woman-supporter on his team. Helped that the team also had two women on it, too.

---------- Post added 12-09-2013 at 10:02 AM ----------

There was something about Shadow that made Reino shoot her a teasing glare right back. She seemed to tear down all his walls and reach him on a deeper level than anyone else in the facility. She was witty and blunt, but she was also fully aware of her surroundings and how to really touch someone. This made Reino find a bit of happiness even on such a dark day. A laugh pursued his lips when she wrote that last line. Instantly, his mind went to a dirty place. The way she wrote that just made him chuckle. Picking up his marker, he jokingly wrote, "Don't you mean you have to let me inside?" Underneath it he wrote, "Wink, ha ha." Both of which he performed for her before clearing the text.

Recalling her previous jab at him, he wrote out, "So what do you want to know about me? I know you've tried to reach me a great many times and I just left you hanging. (See, I told you I was a douchebag.)" A smug look was sent Shadow's way. He rather enjoyed doing this, too. It really took his mind off his mother's death and that tragic event that shook Shadow's life. If he could just forget about both those sad thoughts for the rest of his life, he would be happy. Hell, if he could just erase them from existence, he would still be an agent and Shadow wouldn't be an inmate.

His brow raised. Artemis and her stag passed by their cells. It was always so weird to see that woman. Reino didn't know her, but he knew she was knew. Most of the older agents, the senior agents, he knew and worked alongside for a bit. Hime, sadly, slipped under his radar. He assumed she joined the ranks four years after he. He recalled Daliah mentioned during a private session that she hired a princess who hailed from from the military. As far as Artemis went, he hadn't been debriefed on her. Reino found it odd that he was debriefed on new agents, period. He was now an inmate, and yet Daliah tried him as if he were an agent. That actually pissed him off. He was a lowly criminal with a really high Threat Level. Clearly Daliah was clinging to something that wasn't there and Reino realized how grave a mistake she was making. And yet, her Threat Level was still low, very low. It always amazed him and it often troubled him. But those were thoughts to another night and day.

Massaging his brows, he redirected his attention to Shadow and her board.

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 12-09-2013 at 02:46 PM..

Midorikawa
Um....................... .........

Old 12-09-2013, 11:17 PM

Mozilla couldn't understand why he seemed so bored tonight. He managed about two chapters before he rose from his bed again, and started pacing again. He could play Fire Emblem on his game system. That kept him entertained. The characters were always fun to ship together, and the support conversations were nice. Well the non family ones. Those just made him sick sometimes. Not the sibling ones, or the mother child ones, rather the father ones. Guess his experience with his own father really screwed him up.

He thought of his books. Those characters had trouble with their fathers too. Men really were bastards. Ironically the men in his books became good because of their screwed up families. Kind of like him...to a point. Did murdering pigs count as good as bad? Society saw murder as bad in general, but he himself saw it as a favor to the world. Just doing his job cleaning up the filth to make the world a cleaner place.

...And he was hungry. Well that was something to do. He walked over to the cabinets of his cell, pulling out some bread, peanut butter, and lemon pepper. He wiped peanut butter on three slices of bed, making sure to put plenty of it so as to have enough to eat, one piece having more than the others for when he would place all three together, and make it a triple decker. He then sprinkled lemon pepper on the peanut butter covered spots and put the sandwich together. That's when he heard the knock, that he decided to ignore in favor of cleaning up.

In the end it didn't matter if he had gone to see or not as he soon saw Sycom enter his cell. He calmly ate his sandwich as he listened to the man talk. Did he have any questions...? He thought about it for a moment, finishing up his sandwich before finally deciding to answer.

"...Yes....I have three..." he started, his speech slow as he thought of how to phrase his words. "One: Have any of them...harmed...women or children...? Two: Do you...want anything to eat...or drink? Three: Can I get more books? I finished all that I have here. I'm bored and can't sleep. I don't want to either," he told him, seeming most serious about his third question, having lost the hitch in his speech, and almost seeming emotional as opposed to his usual tone that was void of emotion. "I'm hungry again..." he said to no one in particular, moving to make another sandwich, not really minding the fact that he had an agent in his cell.

Esmme

Old 12-10-2013, 03:13 AM

"Frightening indeed," Vlad muttered under his breath, his teal eyes lingering on the book in question. Every word that Artemis spoke was true. Through understanding came empathy and acceptance. There would be no system, no SFA, should there be a sympathetic movement for the criminals of the world.

With a chuckle, the tall male lifted his hand to inspect the finger's he'd scorched before Artemis entered the room. They were completely healed - no mark had been left behind. "There must always be some distance between black and white." Vlad met Artemis' gaze steadily, the action seeming to remind him that she was still in the room. Threat levels lifted once again. "Otherwise, everything would be the same shade of grey."

The agent reached for the door once again, and Vlad's teal eyes filled with relief. Then, Vlad's Purium activated. Where Artemis touched the door, it became freezing cold. The candles immediately went out, and the room dropped a few degrees. Lifting energy from the room took more effort than human flesh, but Vlad could still manage it. He couldn't resist at least taunting the agent before she left.

Vlad dismissed Artemis by turning his back to her once again, the room darkening as the cityscape faded into the wall once again. There was no music now. No candlelight, no sound, no welcoming city smells - just cold darkness, broken only by the glowing of Vlad's eyes and Purium crystal.

"Good evening." His tone was cold now, no longer welcoming or under the pretense of formality. He was finished with keeping company for the evening. Or, so he thought.

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 12-10-2013, 04:27 AM

Artemis had heard him mutter, and assented with a slight nod of her head. It wasn't a nod for Vlad, per se, but a subconscious reaction on her part. She heard him chuckle, but upon looking up realized it was not meant for her. He was looking at his own hand. Well that was odd, looking at his hand and chuckling. But it wasn't important enough to make note of, just an observation of the scenery. Vlad then spoke to her again about shades of grey. Artemis personally couldn't agree more. Weren't threat levels just the level of lightness or darkness in you?

"You are certainly right there. If everything was grey, we'd have no way to categorize ourselves, and humans have always had to have a category." She finished, her last words before her hand touched the handle. Artemis gasped lightly as the sharp coldness of the doorknob hit her. Everything was cold now, cold and dark. Was this the real emotion behind the man she was speaking too? Artemis couldn't say, but she knew it was time to go, and so she finally left the room.

Once outside his cell and after having locked the door, Artemis sighed quite audibly. So that was Vlad, known to be one of the most dangerous here. But Artemis found him more interesting than dangerous which, she supposed, was in of itself dangerous. Speaking to him carried great risk, as his threat levels were volatile- that had been made quite clear. "Come Ajax, I think we should call it a night and retire to our own gilded cage..." she said to the stag, who let out a snort in agreement. Turning back the way they came, Artemis and Ajax made their way back to their quarters.

Once inside and after having locked the door, Artemis let out another large sigh. She removed her shoes at the door, enjoying the feel of the plush carpet beneath her feet. It was fur, or something similar. The naive brunette walked over to her kitchen, heading straight for the coffee machine. After using it to make hot chocolate, Artemis poured a bit of peppermint flavoring into the drink. Holding the warm cup to her chest, she moved to her bed and curled her feet up under her as she sat against the headboard. Ajax joined her on the bed, laying against her and warming her up. After how cold Vlad had suddenly made his room, Artemis felt she would never be warm again. How could she be? It had been so... empty. The silence burned like fire, yet the room filled her with ice.

Artemis shuddered at the thought, quickly turning the wall across from her into a movie screen. She needed to watch something pleasant to get her mind off of it. And so, she pulled up an old favorite. It was a classic show, from over a hundred years ago that told the tales of her favorite gods and heroes. Artemis found comfort in these, they reminded her of her childhood when things were simple. Keep threat levels low, earn good grades. There were no questions about the minds of criminals or the morality of it all. Just the stories. Just Theseus and Achilles and Herakles. It was to the dull sounds of this tv show that Artemis was finally able to relax, and perhaps even into a bit of a sleep, her face buried in Ajax and an empty mug on the dresser.

Last edited by a91nicole; 12-10-2013 at 04:31 AM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-10-2013, 01:52 PM

Mozilla's questions instantly brought a smile on Sycom's face. "Vex was bullied in school and ended up killing the boys that tortured her. Lolipop's step-mother abused her so Lolipop painted her red. Discord has a split-personality, so to say. Discord doesn't pose any threats. Beserker, his other half, does. Abused by his father, he took the man's life. That was when he went into psychiatric care. When it was discovered that he couldn't be "cured," we pulled him into the SFA." Sycom blinked, realizing he hadn't really given Mozilla a straight answer. "I guess I'll let you decide if they're respectable. I know that outside their personal stories, they would not hurt anyone unless they were a threat to society or themselves." Sycom really did luck out when it came to getting a team. Although each had murdered someone, each had a valid reason. Self-defense, if properly fought by a top-notch lawyer, might have saved them from the SFA. Sadly, none could afford such luxuries, which is how they landed here.

Punching something into his watch, he smiled up at the blonde before him. "Food will arrive momentarily. I also requested that they provide you with snacks so you shouldn't have to worry about starving to death. If you ever need you feeding routine bumped up again, just let me know. I wouldn't want our Cucuy* to starve." With a light chuckle, he moved closer to his teammate. Pulling up another display, he showed Mozilla the SFA library and all its books. The list was huge and ever-growing. Turning to Mozilla, he asked, "Are there any books, authors, or genres you're interested in? Even though you're not an agent, I can enroll you in the Book Club. Once a week, you'll receive two books to read. Once you've finished them, you can evaluate the book and attend the weekly meeting. I would be more than willing to escort you to the meeting. I've actually been meaning to get into reading. Daliah doesn't seem too fond of my romantics so I was thinking a book might help me understand other ways to show love." His hand moved to his chin. "But that's a lot of books to read. Maybe I'll just have you recommend things?" Sycom smiled again. It was odd, especially since he was sealed in an inmates cell. Despite the threat Mozilla posed, Sycom couldn't find it in him to truly be alarmed. He had nothing to fear, so why fret?

As his eyes look in the man before him, Sycom wondered if he should inform him about the new inmate they secured. He was just a child. His parents up and left him in a building to fend for himself. He became quite feral and that's when he people started to disappear in that neighborhood. The SFA swooped in and picked him up. For the last week, he's been penned in and undergoing a lot of testing. They were hoping they could "tame" the kid and pair him up with another inmate. Sadly, about 90% of the inmates weren't fond of children. Mozilla was one of a few.

"Would you ever consider 'adopting' a child?" The question literally came out of nowhere for Mozilla. "We picked up a kid a week ago and we're having issues with him. He need a mentor. Not sure if this is something you'd want. But, if you'd like, I can arrange for you two to meet. But it'll have to be later. Tomorrow's a pretty full day for us. We have a group meeting at 9AM and then we're getting shuffled into the field to begin researching." The redhead looked up at Mozilla, who was still scrolling through the library and highlighting books he wanted.

*Cucuy is a mythical ghost-monster found in many Hispanic countries. Cucuy comes to people who call its name. Those who plead for Cucuy are often those who are hurt, have been hurt, or are in danger. Cucuy is a vigilante of sorts, in such that it only kills bad men. Once Cucuy has purged an area of the bad men, it moves onto another town, waiting for the call to save another.

Midorikawa

Old 12-10-2013, 03:19 PM

Mozilla watched Sycom as he spoke, taking in every word that he was saying about the other inmates, and those of things after. He figured it best to let the talkative man finish first, being he often could not speak without pauses and thus his responses were longer drawn out than need be. This way in case of emergency Sycom finished all of what he wished to say. One killed when bullied, one killed their abusive mother, and the third killed his abusive father. Bullies were just a step below abusive pigs. Judging by the other, and his own history, he actually found them to be good. Actually all of them we're fine with him. "...They seem....like I would not....have any issues with them....They seem to have....good values."

His next train of thought was food. He kept snacks in his cell so he should be fine, but he guessed that eating whatever Sycom had just ordered might fill him up better. And he was really hungry. "Thank you for the food." He then proceeded to look at the list of books, and think about the book club. It would be talk about literature, so he could become easily engrossed in the conversation. So why not join the book club? He would be fine as long as none of the others were the filth he killed. And it would be a good chance to read some new genres, and new books.

He smiled at seeing To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee on the list. Despite not being a romance novel, it was his favorite. An amazing classic about growing that also taught a lesson about racism. "...I would...like to join the book club. As for books to read...it depends on what...you're looking for...If you want romance...then read J.R. Ward who writes adult novels. Her book series Black Dagger Brotherhood has some action in addition to the romance. The males are very protective of their females, but of course the females are strong too. Especially about two of them. Sarah Dessen is in the teen department, with simpler love stores but still nice. My personal favorite of hers is Along For The Ride. If you want some simple adventure with a side of romance, then try Kathryn Lasky and Suzanne Collins. If you want real life like books then go with Ellen Hopkins who writes about struggles with drugs, abuse, things like that. The classics like To Kill A Mockingbird, Catcher in the Rye, Of Mice and Men and so on are good reads too.

And last issue to address was the child. The thought had been at the back of his mind the whole time. Would he adopt a child? He knew he would never hurt them. And he would teach them that hurting anyone who wasn't a filthy pig bastard, was bad....of course killing had landed him here...Regardless, the main problem was literacy. He had learned how to read himself, but he still didn't know a lot. He himself was still learning from what he read, and half the time didn't know what the book was talking about. He hadn't gotten the chance to experience some of the things in the books, and probably never would. He thought about the pros and cons of him taking care of the child. Considering Sycom asked him to take the child, it must have meant that they trusted him right? So they saw him as a good person then right? He hoped he was right with the response he was about to say. "I'll take care of the child....at least try to...I can't teach him things...that are taught in schools....but I can mentor him....so...the meeting being whenever there is time....is fine with me..." he looked at Sycom for a moment, ready to let him speak, before realizing that he had another question. "What's a cucuy?"

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-10-2013, 03:44 PM

"I'm glad you seem to approve of our teammates. I'm also quite fond of the selection. Poor Hime had to work with Vlad, Cias, Reino, and Shadow. I'm not too sure how you will react to those four. They aren't bound by your sense of justice. Granted, I don't think any of them have ever been pigs, as you would call the scum of the earth." Just as he finished, a plate of food arrived outside the cell. Opening the door, Sycom accepted the offerings and placed them on a table for Mozilla. Before the assistant left, Sycom addressed him. "Ciel, could you add Mozilla to the book club for me." He could sense the man's hesitation. "The book club is small and it's mostly female so he won't pose a threat. 'sides, I'll be joining him." Ciel nearly burst into laughter. "I could read if I wanted to! A good novel might be a nice change from my textbooks," he shouted down the hall. With his lips puffed out to the side, he growled. "I know stereotypes exist and all, but sheesh, to label me as an anti-reader? Bleh!"

Looking at the books Mozilla had picked, Sycom could tell that the guy was a fan of the classics. It might be nice to send him some of George Orwell's books as well as some Shakespearean literature. Was he a Poe fan too? Upon hearing that Mozilla failed to have a proper education, Sycom lost his temper a bit. "You have got to be shitting me. If there's one thing I cannot stand, it's people who aren't able to get an education. Lady Klue, the head of the book club, will keep you after the club is over to give you a crash-course education. I believe she's working with Remy, too. Remy's the child I was talking about." Pacing back and forth some, he found himself still frustrated over the issue of a lack of education. If Mozilla didn't have proper education, who else was without proper schooling? The odds of there being more was high as a lot of the inmates in here had been locked up since they were a teenager. The redhead shook his head. "Sorry," he apologized for losing his cool. "Cucuy is a monster from Hispanic origins. It comes to towns who are in need of a hero. It rids the world of filth and pigs, much like you." Offering him a reassuring smile, Sycom's eyes glanced down at his watch. It was time to pay his visit to Discord.

"I apologize for not being able to stay around longer, but I can leave you with a parting gift I think you'll enjoy." Pulling out a tablet, he placed it on the table beside the food. "It has access to the library. You'll have access to all the books, including the schooling ones. I know it's not the same as having a physical book, but it should tide you over until you get your book club readings." His eyes closed with this smile. "You can keep this too. Should be able to access the dictionary and thesaurus, in case you need to look anything up. The dictionary is linked to the SFA web, so you can see examples and hear the sounds, should you want to." His eyes went back to his watch. "Well, I got to run. I'll see you at 9AM!" And just like that, he was gone.

Leaving Hall 002, he moved toward Hall 003. It was time to chat with Discord, or at least that's who he hoped he would get. Knocking on the male's door, Sycom entered a few moments later. Brow cocked and a sly grin on his face, he planted his hands on his hips. "With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with? Discord or Beserker?"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-10-2013, 04:14 PM

Seems we have a guest. The other spoke before the man even entered the room. Glancing up, he recognized the man as Sycom. He was asked which side was in control at the moment, which brought about a bit of a laugh from Kanra. He stood, leaning down to grasp the handle of the blade. "Which would you prefer?" he muses, knowing the answer already. He turned to face him, the smile never leaving his face. Berserker had fallen silent, probrably watching how things would play out for the moment. "To what do I owe this pleasure?" he gave a mock but playful bow, before hopping back onto the bed behind him. His eyes were still on the other though, for he was curious as to why the visit. Perhaps his little visitwith the doctor had spread. He doubted it thougb, there was another reason for this guy to behere. Perhaps things were beginning to heat up as Berserker hadsaid. He had no reason to worry, not for now with this guy. Though holding a blade was probrably going to be seen as abit of the oposite. He sat it down upon the bed, laying back with his arms once more behind his head. It was not in his hand, but within range...though he had no intention of using it and the other probrably knew that. He awaited the responce to his questions, though he was also a bit curious as to why Berserker had not spoken up within his head at this point.

Was he really so curious as to stay silent? Perhaps this was a game of his as well. Fine by Kanra. He kept his smile, it was hard to let it go, since this was both ammusing that the other would visit, as well as something to peek his curiosity and add to his game with Berserker. What could be the reason for this visit? A riddle only one could truly answer, but it was always fun to guess. Perhaps we are going ro be allowed out of this prison soon to have some real fun.. Berserker finally spoke up, causing Kanra's excitement to bubble even more. He couldn't wait much longer for an answer. He could feel it from the other as well, inside him...the intrest and excitement at the thought of potentially being allowed to go out...to do something other than sit here and play house all day in a place that was more of a prison. Training and test were usually all of what his current days were like. Would they finally be able to put their skills to the test?

Midorikawa

Old 12-10-2013, 04:27 PM

Mozilla didn't even have a chance to thank Sycom before he had left. Though that was mainly due to shock. The man actually cared about the fact that he hadn't had an education. It was an odd feeling to have some actually care for him. It was also kind of embarrassing that he would be learning alongside the kid, Remy, who he would be taking care of. At the same time it was probably good since he would be able to help him, assuming he didn't fail too much himself.

Moving his long blonde hair out of the way, he looked down at the food that was brought for him. He found that the food was rigatoni and meat balls in hot pasta sauce. On the side was some garlic bread, and some coke for him to drink. His kind of meal, especially the meat balls. He loved meat balls. He sat down to eat, looking at the tablet to find a book to read. There were a lot, making it hard to choose one with ease. Eventually he found one that interested him. A book called In the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Choosing that book, he decided to start reading as he ate his food. When finished with his food, he moved and sat down on the bed to read. He was easily falling into the depth of the book. Which of course meant he would not be sleeping tonight, but who cared. Sleep was for the weak.