Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-21-2014, 02:10 AM

Here's my little jar of memories for 2014. Intrigue is not guaranteed. Comments are welcome.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 03-21-2014 at 02:47 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-21-2014, 02:11 AM

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 04-22-2014 at 01:25 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-21-2014, 02:43 AM

March

x - - - March 5th Went antiquing with Joe and Rhiannon. Six hours of antiquing just wasn't enough, so it had to be followed up with a good few hours of mallratting.

x - - - March 15th St. Paddy's Day with the boyf! Saw a Toynbee tile downtown, then went to a pub for burgers, the fruitiest pomegranate cocktail, and some intense foosball.

x - - - March 20th First day of Spring! Went to the local thrift shop and nabbed a CD of Swedish folklore, some rad 90s birthday invitations, a lil rubber dog, and an embroidery hoop for $3. Not looking forward to the end of Spring Break. Having days off to relax has been so nice.

x - - - March 23rd Finally found a vegetarian sushi that didn't taste like a crappy salad rolled up! Had some delicious Nori & veggie sushi at a schmancy all-vegetarian restaurant with the boyf. Little difficult to eat without it falling apart and not as filling as I'd have liked, but soooo good. The tiny bowl of miso that came with it was excellent, too. Finally, a good miso!

x - - - March 27th Today a stranger complimented me on my galaxy leggings! In art appreciation we watched this really cool documentary on the art of Andy Goldsworthy. I understood and easily followed the math lesson, and Psych was cancelled so I only had two classes!

x - - - March 29th Longest day ever? Drove over to the boyf's first thing in the morning. We hit up Whole Foods so I could finally get my hands on some vegan multivitamins. Being my first time at Whole Foods, I had to get a couple of "souvenirs": pomegranate-infused raw honey, and a french soup spice mix. After that, we went out for crepes, which, as it turns out, are absolutely delicious. That apple cinnamon crepe was the best tasting thing I've ever eaten that involved apples - including apples themselves. Boyf tried to take me to the science center afterwards, but it was closing - it's the thought that counts. After that, we drove around the city, met with some of his family, and then got to wander around one of my favorite places in STL: The Loop. Got some adorable Japanese erasers from a gachapon machine and finally found a copy of Harley Quinn #2, in addition to having a nice time wandering around. Rounded out the night with a late night trip to Steak N' Shake and an episode of Hannibal.

x - - - March 30th The Walking Dead season finale was brutal. Better, though, for watching it in HD on the boyf's brother's huge flatscreen with them and one of their friends. At the very least, it was better for me not making a million stupid jokes throughout the course of the show since I didn't want to bother Michael and Kris.

April

x - - - April 1st My first class was cancelled today, leaving me with some extra time to finish my homework. I also had the absolute privilege of watching some Buddhist monks working on a mandala. Additionally, though I was actively fighting off sleep throughout math class, I did all the in-class problems without issue - am I actually learning something before a test for once?

x - - - April 6th Preston said I'm the best girlfriend he's ever had.

x - - - April 7th Wrote "Prom?" on a dessert for a customer at work today. Cuuuute.

x - - - April 9th Spotted a lonely little daffodil growing way out on the edge of my yard. Figured it was doing no good way out there, I snipped it for a vase. Then I found a whole bunch of them growing around the side of the house and, well, we can't see those either! So I snipped a couple to add to the vase. Now I have a lovely bouquet of 6 cheery, lovely-smelling daffodils to brighten up my desk.

x - - - April 11th After a long day of straight, stressful studying, went to the boyf. Ended up staying up until 7 AM thanks to whiskey, but that took care of the stress! Boyf apparently becomes very talkative when drunk, which was a wonderful revelation.

x - - - April 12th Ladies Night at one of my favorite comic shops! Spent the day entering raffles, and bought a little print from a local artist. Also ate some delicious house made chips outdoors at one of my favorite places in that area, and got some delicious raspberry froyo.

x - - - April 13th Had a shift at work, knocked out a paper, and still had time for dinner with my cutie at BWW.

x - - - April 14th BLOOD MOON. Boyf called me as he got off work and we watched it together (over the phone, anyway).

x - - - April 15th My literature teacher handed me a note from the woman who ran the open mic night I read my poetry at a couple weeks ago. Apparently she hunted me down to encourage me to submit my writing to the local annual literature journal! Also, bought tickets to see Panic at the Disco this summer with my friend Joe, and my long-time internet pal Sharon!

x - - - April 16th Got the desk my grandparents gave me all set up! It looks 10x nicer than my old one. My room feels that much cozier now.

x - - - April 19th First picnic ever! Got some Jimmy John's with the boyf and ate it on a blanket out in the park by his place while listening to some Ellie Goulding. Quick 4-hour shift at work, then we went out to Plush to see some live music!

x - - - April 20th Easter! Went over to my grandparents' house to visit with them. Their puppy, Woody, has grown so much since I last saw him a couple months ago! He used to fit on my lap, now he's as big as their other dog, Nicky. After his easter thing finished, the boyf joined us and we ate barbeque and watched some Whose Line with my grandparents. Then we went back to his place to play Batman.

x - - - April 21st Easter. Candy. Clearance.

May

x - - - May 1st Finally got my math grades up to a range where passing is possible!

x - - - May 3rd Tried Syrian food for the first time! Went to Ranoush and got a platter of five different vegetarian offerings. I'm the kind of person who eats all of one thing on their plate before moving onto the next; I don't jump between dishes. But it was all so good that I got overwhelmed and kept jumping around eating all the different things!

x - - - May 4th What a long day! Boyfriend told me the events were to be a surprise, so I had no idea what to expect. Because I freaked out every time we drove by The Container Store in Brentwood, he took me. We happened to walk in on an event in which they were giving out $15 gift cards, too! Stocked up on some organizing things and got lots of ideas for future trips. After that, we went to a neat bicycle themed pub that served Russian food for lunch. I had never heard of Blinchiki before, but now I've tried it and it was great! Next we went to Forest Park for some line driving. It was my first time and I hit over 100 yards! I'm so sore now, though...

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 05-06-2014 at 02:03 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-27-2014, 08:34 PM

I'm keeping all my updates to the first two posts, but this is updated regularly.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 AM

It's been a busy few days; lots of updates!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-02-2014, 11:02 AM

hope your days are filled with more good than not, Cherry, you deserve all the goodness in the world!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-02-2014, 10:17 PM

Thank you!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-22-2014, 01:36 AM

Updated with notes and pictures. Apparently I need to keep this updated much better or else I forget things that have happened. What did I even do last weekend?

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 04-28-2014, 11:21 PM

I have a jar of puffy stars that I'd intended to take a photo of once filled to use as a pic for the first post in my own Memories 2014 thread....I think the fact that you chose to use a partially filled one with a nice combination of coloured stars is more clever and appropriate. :)

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-29-2014, 01:11 AM

Thanks! The decision was actually just down to the fact that I haven't filled my jar yet and already had taken this picture for something else. Laziness wins!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 04-29-2014, 10:47 AM

I did read the content of your memory jar too...it sounds like things have been going well for you and your boyfriend.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-30-2014, 03:53 AM

Yeah, it's so nice to be in a healthy relationship for once. Like, who knew you could be in a relationship without being miserable, y'know.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 05-01-2014, 12:56 PM

I've never been in a romantic relationship so wouldn't know...but I'm sure it is nice compared to the miserable alternative.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-01-2014, 07:15 PM

Being single is much preferable to being in a shitty relationship, trust me. But it took me years to see that, so I stayed in an awful relationship for the sake of not being alone. Bluh. Never do that.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 05-07-2014, 01:38 PM

Yeah... that's what I kind of figured... and I'm not fussy over most things in life but I think I will be very selective of my significant other partner in life based on compatibility with me rather than any other criteria like looks, financial wealth and all that kind of stuff...

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-08-2014, 03:17 AM

Well, the thing that gets you is that they are compatible with you in some ways, just not ideal. Or they change slowly over time, so you don't fully realize it. It's not as if I was dating jerks because they were hot.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 05-08-2014, 12:24 PM

Relationship lessons I've yet to experience.

Am still glad you're now in a good relationship though Cherry...