TheSoundTheory

Old 01-08-2012, 10:46 PM

I love playing boys, mostly because I'm a girl and is better at playing girls and what to try something new. I suck at playing boys though. I guess practice makes perfect (though I rarely use guys).

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-09-2012, 02:55 AM

I roleplay as a girl a lot since I'm still not use to rping a guy. but I'll roleplay a guy when doubling I try my best. even when I think i'm not good at playing one.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 01-09-2012, 10:36 PM

I really don't have a preference on which gender I play as. I do admit that I normally have more fun as a guy. xD But that's because most of my male characters are huge flirts.

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 01-13-2012, 01:39 PM

I typically tend to play male characters. There are so many more things that men can do and get away with (no matter how independent and strong a female character is in an RP, she never quite packs the same punch that a man could. Silly gender inequalities). Also, as I'm a female myself, I find it more enjoyable to play a male. It gives me a little look into the male point of view and doing things from the male perspective. It's more fun for me to play the opposite gender to what I am. (:

I do play both male and female characters though.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-19-2012, 11:15 PM

Cora is able to do either gender and really doesn't have a preference.

I quite like to play male characters, but I sometimes find I back away from them, this being because the moment people find out I can play male characters well, they want me to play the male half to there romance fantasy. This I find irritating.......actually.

Afanassii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2012, 02:50 AM

I am not drawn to one sex or gender more than another, however popularity of yaoi often means I'm asked to play a male. ^.^'

Couture_myass
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM

I really enjoy playing boys which I mostly play due to convenience but I prefer playing girls.

menwesha
*not so* fearless ninja

Old 01-30-2012, 03:00 AM

I prefer playing male, but since i am female i sometimes play female.... If by choice, i play male

Alura--x--Uneii
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-30-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassette View Post
I typically tend to play male characters. There are so many more things that men can do and get away with (no matter how independent and strong a female character is in an RP, she never quite packs the same punch that a man could. Silly gender inequalities). Also, as I'm a female myself, I find it more enjoyable to play a male. It gives me a little look into the male point of view and doing things from the male perspective. It's more fun for me to play the opposite gender to what I am. (:

I do play both male and female characters though.

That's a lie, men get in trouble all the time even if we are innocent. >->

Dovahkiin
Dragonborn

Old 02-04-2012, 10:22 PM

I can play either or, though I'm better at playing a male character, not because i prefer it, but because nobody I've roleplayed with in the past would play a male for, at times, really dumb reasons. I can understand if you don't like being make, but how do you "not know how." to play a guy? sorry about the rant by the way,.

but i don't have a preference, i do enjoy playing both.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-05-2012, 02:11 AM

I find it depends on my mood. Generally I only find girls to roleplay with and generally girls like to play as girls, so I usually end up being the guys for some contrast/love interest. That said however, sometimes I like to have a character i can connect to better, so I figure out how to put a girl in there :P

All in all, I have little overall preference.

greendragon06
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-05-2012, 02:23 AM

I think since I have joined mene, I have only roleplayed as a male. Right now though, I'm doing a roleplay with a genderbender theme, so I'll be able to practice playing a more feminine role in the rp at times.

FallenDove
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2012, 02:54 AM

I started at roleplay as just female because of it being my own gender, but as I started doing yaoi I roleplayed as a male. Then I got into a lot of roleplays and decided to try out playing male. When it's my own plot, I love rping as a male or sometimes, I volunteer to play the male witha specific pairing because they tend to be my favourite characters.

Now, honestly, I don't think I have much of a preferance. As long as I play female sometimes, then I don't mind either and might actually like playing male more.

Aoiome Sanshi

Old 02-24-2012, 02:56 AM

Well, I say I pick my gender of OC's to RP with by knowledge and how well I RP with them. If I know a character well enough, I stick by their personality and RP based on that ^^

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 03-04-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
I'm curious Menewsha - which gender do you prefer roleplaying? Or do you have a preference?

If you have a preference, do you know why you have one?

Tell me about the choices you make when selecting a gender for your roleplaying characters. :3
I prefer playing female - mainly because I am female, and no myself better than I know the male version of myself. So when I join a roleplay where i CAN be female, i prefer to be female.

On the other hand, I can play males as well, and am completely willing to play them. I'm not as fantastic with them, as I possibly could be if i were actually male, but sometimes roleplays need a male. It's usually when there is a MASSIVE amount of females already in one roleplay, and maybe one or two guys that i go... okay okay, I'll play a guy this time around.

I've gotten some compliments on my males as well :] So i tend to be a little more encouraged to roleplay them more often.

Kiarash
Bird Brain

Old 03-11-2012, 06:56 AM

though usually male, I tend to stay towards gender neutral. not really fond of either, so one that is not, is perfect for me I suppose.

if not playing my main character, then the gender depends on the mood I am in when creating them. more work then I would think goes into it, almost shocking. xD

DragonRose215
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2012, 10:59 PM

I always play a girl unless it's a male character I know very well and am comfortable playing. I suck at playing guys though lol so that's why I stick with girls :3

Iblisor

Old 03-22-2012, 03:36 PM

Personally I prefer to roleplay as male. Mostly because I have met far too many males who roleplay females just to act like bimbos or to play out their own fantasies. I just don'e really want to get lumped in with them.

musado
щ(ºДºщ)

Old 03-25-2012, 05:00 PM

I used to play almost exclusively male characters, but after I started roleplaying in MMORPGs, I play almost all female cast. I'm trying to find a balance now, though! (As well as genderfluid characters, though I'll have to research more about that before I start.)

Paranoid Doll
The Romantic Nerd

Old 03-31-2012, 04:55 PM

i prefer role playing as a guy simply
because it comes naturally to me.

Last edited by Paranoid Doll; 04-09-2012 at 08:26 PM..

Kriemedesan
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2012, 11:24 PM

I like to roleplay both, just because I think it helps to be experienced and to get out of the box. I used to play persons out of the norm like smaller males (in yaoi) dominating more muscular men, those on the verge of being genderless or a hermaphrodite (they weren't but visually were).

Now, I try to keep it even, with maybe slightly more male characters (I used to have to work harder on making more males), because there are more males born in the world than females. *shrug*

It irritates me when there are people that only play submissives or women. Not because of the work to seduce (that is normally the reason they will not play different), but because then I do not develop better skills for females and I feel like I am rehashing male persons without a breather to make them more individualistic.

Mr Wink
Shut up, Wesley.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:57 AM

I like to roleplay both.

However, I normally end up playing a guy. There are multiple reasons for this, the two biggest being that there are a lot of MxM roleplayers around.. and since there are a lot of female roleplayers, they tend to want to play the female in a straight oriented plot.

Since a lot of roleplays revolve around romance of some sort, even in the slightest, I haven't really gotten a chance to play many women or against the binary characters, due to people's preferences. I don't mind, it's just how the RPing community works and I'm used to it by now.

o0Calyx0o
*^_^*

Old 04-13-2012, 07:57 PM

My main character choice will always be female, but if I ever make more than one character in a thread, the it'll be male. I guess I'm just more comfortable RPing my own gender? But yeah, RPing male characters can be fun too.

Destiny
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-14-2012, 04:14 PM

I like to roleplay as females, mainly because I'm not a guy, and I'm not sure how most guys think, but if the roleplay calls for it, then I'll try. xD

My main preference is female, but when roleplays have too many female characters, I'll lean more to making a male just to balance it out.
It doesn't really matter to me actually.
I'm starting to break out of my bubble and try new things.
^-^

~Black Petals~
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2012, 07:46 PM

'Sup CK,

hope you don't mind me posting my response so late. ><

Now that I think about it, currently I'm not too sure on gender roles with rp-ing. I haven't done so in a while....but I lean towards the male role, because I'm trying to expand my rp-ing experiences when I can. However, I notice that when I am a male I fail at being romantic in some cases. I'm not trying to come off as shady, but thats just how it turns out. Characters like to develop feelings and such... And as much as I'd like to open that can of worms, I like to stick to the plot and develop the overall adventure.
When it comes to being a girl, my trouble is finding the right personality of my character to play. After all, I'll be playing this character for a while... I need a solid bases of who it is I am. I need to work on building and maintaining character in rp-ing. But like I said, haven't had much time to expand on that. :o|

Welp, there it is.