OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to OriginalSin Send a message via Yahoo to OriginalSin

Old 06-19-2015, 11:13 AM

Taking the money and letter, Eliza shook her head. "I don't know what to do with this. Can you still spend it now?" she frowned. Her parents had left her all this money, but how had they known she would find it? And had they considered that it might not be genuine currency anymore? The world had changed so much!

As Eliza thought of all these things, Roland started to cough. He had turned a worrying shade of red, as though he couldn't breath properly. She watched as he stumbled to the stairs and collapse. "Roland!" she shouted and ran towards him. "Come on, I'll get you out of here!" she said with urgency as she grabbed him around the waist and began to help him to his feet. It was a real struggle, and he was getting worse by the second, but she eventually managed to get him out into the open air of the yard.

"Breath Roland, you have to tell me how to help you! I don't know whats wrong, are you sick?" she fretted, panicking now. Eliza had a weird feeling inside her stomach that it had something to do with air inside that cellar. Tearing open the letter her father had left, she bags to skim read as fast as she could. Luckily her mother had taught her to read. Eliza... Toxic air... Chemical weapon... Extra security... Immunity for you... Deadly to others... Use antidote... and that was all she needed to read. Her parents had obviously put something deadly into the air to kill anyone other than herself. Shaking the envelope violently, a little bottle of green liquid fell out. "Here, Roland, drink this! My father made it so anyone I befriended would be able to survive! It's the only thing I know to do" she spluttered.

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-19-2015, 11:37 AM

After being out in this world for three years Roland hadn't felt this bad yet, his focus was loosing and all he could see was the floor. His memories came rushing back almost like he didn't think he would make it threw this, then he felt hand grab him and pull him outside. He didn't know what to tell Eliza when she asked how to help but when she finally told him to drink something he didn't hessiate one bit. The liquid tasted a bit sweet and then went to an old caugh syurp flavor and he caughed a bit more once he could start breathing again. He was glad she was around there with him and was able to figure it out on her own.

Roland finally sat up once he had settled down and he looked at Eliza "thank you" he did as he took of his goggles and whipped the tears from his eyes. Once his vision finally focused again he noticed the sun was going down, "we need to move.. They roam these parts at night" he said slightly struggling to get to his feet and remember the money. "Did you get the bills? I know someone we can go to that can help us with em" he said grabbing his pack before stumbling to his knees again "damn legs.. Work!" He yelled at them and chuckled slightly.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-19-2015, 11:26 PM

Eliza sat by Roland's side until he began to recover from his near death experience. She felt like holding his hand but wasn't sure it was appropriate, or that he would appreciate it while he was choking for that matter. When he began to sit up, Eliza gave a relieved sigh and felt her shoulders slump. She hadn't even noticed she had been tensing until then
then.

Roland to her that these parts of town weren't safe at night, and Eliza was immediately gripped with fear. The sun was setting fast and she didn't know how fast he would be able to walk with wobbley legs. "Will you be okay to walk that far?" she asked as he stumbled around trying to get up. When he fell for the second time, Eliza reached behind him and put her arm around his waist. As she helped him to his feet, the young girl finally registered what her companion had said about the money. "I have it in my pocket but it might be safer in your bag. I don't want to risk it falling out" she said and pulled the huge wad of notes from her back pocket then handed them to Roland. Sure, most people would have kept hold of it themselves, or at least been a little wary of handing them over to someone they had known less than a day. But to Eliza, Roland was the man who saved her life, set her free and gave her a chance. Not to mention all the other help he had given her so far. "Come on, I'll help you, we need to move" she fretted looking at the descending sun.

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-20-2015, 03:37 PM

The ground was had when Roland's knee hit it as he slipped, he was starting to get a bit mad at himself when he realized that Eliza had started to help home to his feet. "We'll be alright, its closer than it looks" he said as they started making their was down the road. He was shocked she was giving him the papers but he was glad she trusted him as well, without hesitation he slipped them into his bag and retied it. "Head for the water tower, its the entrance to the town. There are walls around it and the light that caves the town away is a decoy" he said changing direction a little.

The sun was just below he mountains when they became about a block away from the tower. Roland could walk a bit better on his own but was glad she was around still, a sound made him turn and look to the left quickly. "Run past the fence and get that door open, we dot have time for questions.." He said as calmly a he could. He looked back at Eliza and say the look on her face "here they come.. GO!!" He said as his tone got louder and he kind of pushed her away. Pulling out his rifle, he aimed and took out a slightly oversized dog while he contained to walk his best toward the tower. He knew they could make it.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-28-2015, 02:02 PM

As they made their way towards the town, Eliza finally had a chance to look around at her new surroundings. The waste land that had once been a thriving town full of families and a multitude of generations was now a barren dead zone. There was a thick sand sheet covering the ground where there had once been grass and stone, and where houses once stood there were piles of wood and bricks so burned they were barely recognisable as debris. A shiver ran through Eliza as she laid eyes on what used to be a children's playground. This used to be such a happy place she thought to herself.

When they neared the town, Eliza began to loosen her hold on Roland as he was walking a little better on his own and her arm was sore from supporting him. She only had a slight frame and not a lot of real muscle mass because of her life in the vault. Just as Eliza's eyes found the entrance to the town that Roland was leading her to, she felt him stiffen and she let go of him completely as he spun around to look behind them. When he gave her the order to run and open the door, she froze on the spot. Her fear had gotten the best of her again. As Roland's tone became more demanding she snapped herself out of it, but not before he pushed her away. Eliza lost her footing and found herself on the ground in the sand, staring up at Roland. He began to pull out his weapon and finally it all sunk into place for her. If I don't move, we're going to die out here... and so she scrambled to her feet, sending sand and dust flying around her and made a run for the door.

As she reached it, she turned around to look at Roland. Wrenching the door with all of her strength, she screamed "Roland! The door's open! RUN!" but he was too busy firing off shots to hear her. Come on Roland, look at me! she urged, hoping that, by some miracle, they both survived this.

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-29-2015, 10:19 AM

Roland didn't realize how hard he had pushed Eliza, he was more worried about the small group of dogs that had caught up with them. Some were missing hair in spots while another looked like it was foaming up a little, with five in total Roland didn't move much one he started shooting. When his clip ran out he turned his head and saw the door was open and he took off running the best he could as he reloaded just in case.

Once inside roland stopped and helped Eliza pull the door shut, "watch your ears" he said quickly aiming and firing the gun one last time before the door slammed closed and the dead body slid and hit the outside of he door. "Dam.. They have gotten faster" he said trying to catch his breath "sorry I pushed too" he added feeling bad about his reactions. The tunnel was damp and barely lit with a small string of lights hung onto the wall. "Little farther and we can finally rest, or at least not rushing for our lives" he said as he stood up straighter and held onto a railing. The steps lead up to another door that opened up to the makeshift town he was most familiar with. "Welcome to rifton" he said softly holding the door open for her.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-29-2015, 07:30 PM

Eliza jammed her fingers into her ears as Roland fired off another last shot killing the last rabid dog as it came flying towards the door. "Jeesh! I don't know how slow they used to be, but from what I can see, they weren't slowing for anything!" she giggled, feeling a rush of adrenaline. "That's okay" she replied when he apologized for pushing her. "I'm quite unsteady on my feet, so you didn't need to push hard to knock me over while I'm not concentrating. But I understand why you needed to do it" she smiled, and then turned to look into the tunnel that they were now stood in.

When Roland said that they would be able to rest soon, Eliza felt a sudden urge to walk faster to get where they needed to go. "I'm so exhausted. That is definitely enough adventure for me for one day" she sighed as they began to make their way up the stairs. Looking over at Roland, she realised how much more at ease he looked now that they were safe in the town. He must know this place well she thought. As Roland opened the door, Eliza caught her first glimpse of the town that he had brought her to. It was huge! Much bigger than she had imagined it would be. "Rifton? That's an odd name, what does it mean?" she asked, looking at him fondly. A wave of nerves passed through her then, and she realised for the first time that she might not be welcome here in this town. She was, after all, an outsider.

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-30-2015, 10:22 AM

Looking over the town Roland just sighed, "not sure what it means but its the main hub in this part. What ever was left of the government settled more south and this place was left here." He said as he knelt down and pulled a cloak out of his bag. "You might want this, outsiders are new and you'll get a lot of annoying questions if you don't try to blend it" he added and pointed straight ahead of them, "building with the red roof, that's were we need to go" he added grabbing his bag and placed it on his shoulder "we'll talk more when its safer" he stated and started walking slowly down a slope towards the center of town.

The old fountain still stood in the center of a courtyard but no water was running and all the trees were so dead they were almost stone. The building on either side of them were mismatched but standing as sturdy as they could make them, not many windows were on the sides because most people didn't care for a view anymore. Roland pushed threw a small group of kids that wanted to play with random people walking by and he let Eliza pass him once they made it to a staircase, "door should be open, just go on in" he said softly trying to walk without colapsing. His legs felt like rubber and he just wanted to stop for the night, they were close to being done for sure.

Inside the room it was dark and a woman stood behind a counter, there were old stands that had some clothes on them along with racks with a few odds and ends. "Well hello" the woman said a bit too chearfull "how can we help you today?" She added with a smile. Roland walked up "hey rose, my friend here needs a new wardrobe, see what you can do can ya?" He asked before he waved and turned towards an old couch "I'll be right... Here" he said plopping down with a light thud.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-30-2015, 05:52 PM

Eliza took a hold of the cape that Roland offered her and swung it around her shoulders with grace. She tied the ribbon around her neck and pulled the deep hood up so that it cast a dark shadow over her pale face, hiding her from wandering eyes. Happy that nobody would be able to see her, Eliza followed close behind Roland, keeping close to him so she didn't get lost in the crowd.

As they walked together, Eliza noticed that Roland was struggling to walk once more. He seemed more resigned now and she wondered if it was because he was tired or because of the events of the day. He had been through a lot already today, what with saving her, being poisoned, hurting his knee and fighting off a pack of wild dogs. Hopefully, they would be able to rest properly soon.

Once inside the building that Roland had shown her to, Eliza felt a sense of dread. What if the shop owner starts to ask questions she thought, remembering what Roland had said to her earlier about strangers in these parts. Once she saw the smile on the woman's face, however, Eliza immediately began to relax. Roland knew her, and was comfortable around her, Eliza knew he wouldn't have brought her here if he didn't trust this woman.

As she stood in the centre of the room, Roland went over to the couch and plopped down onto it with a heavy thud, and Eliza couldn't help but laugh. "Is that a comfy couch?" she asked him, a big grin still spread across her delicate face. When the woman came closer to her, Eliza pulled down the hood on her cloak and watched as Rose's face went through a mixture of expressions. At first there was shock, then confusion, realisation and finally she settled on welcoming. Without saying anything other than "I'm guessing your a size 2" Rose rushed off and began to gather up clothes for Eliza to try. When she came back, she ushered Eliza into a small booth with a red curtain across it's entrance and closed the curtain behind them.

No more than ten minutes later, Eliza followed Rose out of the changing room and stood before Roland wearing a fully black ensemble, consisting of black boots, tights and a pair of black shorts, a baggy vest top and oversized black knit waterfall cardigan with a large hood. She shuffled uncomfortably in front of him and crossed one foot behind the other while fiddling with her sleeves. "Do I look okay?" she asked, a slight blush tinting her porcelain cheeks.

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-01-2015, 10:21 AM

Roland had his head back and looked over at Eliza when she made her comment "not really" he said with a chuckle and moved a bit before putting his head back again. He could there the two women talking and soon the swoosh of the curtain, his thoughts went to what would happen next. Would Eliza stay around him or would she run off once she got the feel of how life was now. He shook his head and sat up making the thoughts fad for now, grabbing his bag he found the papers and made them handy to get to for payment.

When Eliza came out and spoke Roland looked up, in sudden shock at how she looked. "You.. Uumm ahh" was all he could say before rose chuckled "you look great my dear" she said smiling at them, she looked back at roland "your rooms ready upstairs and don't worry about payment, just keep finding them" she said before turning away humming. Roland got up still feeling his face red and headed towards a door, before opening it he stopped "you do look amazing" he said and opened the door leading to another set of stairs.

The room was a desent size and had two beds on either end of it with a dresser in the middle. "I stay here most the time, its easy to get to and she helps me." He said sitting on the edge of one of the beds. He was happy she was there, first one he could feel he could trust in a long time even though he just met her.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-01-2015, 08:37 PM

Eliza couldn't help but giggle when Roland made his strange noises instead of words. Luckily, Rose cut him off before he could mumble any more and told her that she looked good. Eliza had never been one for caring how she looked, but this was a different place, with different people, and she wanted to at least try to fit in. Roland was sat, red faced, on the couch holding some of the notes Eliza had given him, but Rose refused to take them and Eliza couldn't help the wave of gratitude that washed over her. Somewhere deep inside, for reasons unknown, Eliza had expected that the people of this town would be more interested in looking out for their own skin than helping anyone else. It was, after all, a dog eat dog world beyond the gates.

As they made their way towards the door, Rose's words sunk in for Eliza and she vowed to ask Roland what she had meant by 'just keep finding them'... But before she had chance, he was opening the door to the next floor for her, and telling her she looked amazing. Eliza's jaw almost hit the floor. She had never felt so wonderful about herself in all of her life, and Roland just kept on making her smile. "Th...Thank you" she stuttered as her face turned an obvious shade of crimson.

When they walked into the bedroom, Eliza was surprised to find that it looked very comfortable. At the sight of the bed that waited for her, she couldn't control her grin. "She helps you? Does her help involve the ones you keep finding?" she asked Roland, desperately hoping that she wasn't just another body rescued from the vaults and that he wasn't going to leave her once she settled in. Turning her face away to hide her distress, Eliza made her way over to the bed in the far corner of the room and plopped down on the edge of it, scooping up a soft, feather pillow and pushing her face into it. It smelled lovely, like lavender and camomile. Gosh I missed that smell she thought, remembering how her mother had always smelled of those two things.

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-01-2015, 09:59 PM

Resting his back against the wall Roland kicked off his boots and looked over at Eliza as she stood there asking questions. "Her husband found me out in the desert and they took me in, I helped his search for others to give them a step up in the new life." He said and watched her lay down "rest up, may be a busy day tomorrow" he added laying down as well. His eyes fixed on the cracks in the wall beside him as he slowly slipped off to sleep quietly.

Morning came and Roland snapped awake rather quickly and looked over at Eliza, she was still asleep and this was good. He slipped on his boots and snuck out of the room and out into town, he was going to find out what he could get for he papers she had and see how much they were still worth now.

It took him about an hour to get what he wanted and Roland went back to roses to see how Eliza was doing. He opened the door to the shop and saw rose standing there like normal "you did come back this time, though you would leave like you always do" she said plainly. Roland put his bag on the couch knowing Eliza hadn't come out yet and sat down, "something different with her" he said rest in back. "That's what max said about you" she replied.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-02-2015, 10:49 AM

It wad unusually light in the vault. Eliza looked around puzzled and saw that the others were burning torches. "What's going on? she asked the nearest person; a young man of about 19. "They're coming" he replied. This puzzled Eliza even more. Who was coming? She thought. Then the large doors swung open and all he'll broke loose.

"ROLAND" Eliza screamed as she woke and sat bolt upright in bed. Her heart was pounding and she was soaked in sweat. Tears began to stream down her face and she looked around the room to see where he was. The bed next to hers was empty and his bag and boots were gone. Looks like my fears are true. she thought. As she stood, Eliza noticed a pain in her left shoulder. Rubbing it, she made her way around the room looking for anything that might explain why he had left her, and taken the money she had trusted him with.

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2015, 11:09 AM

Roland's conversation with rose was cut short when he heard Eliza scream his name, he grabbed the bag and got to his feet rather quickly. Fumbling with the door handle a little it finally gave way making him almost fall threw it, he gained his footing and started up the stairs "what's wrong?" He asked somewhat out of breath, he knew no one could have got into the room without passing him. When she finally turned around Roland saw er red eyes and knew she was crying "its ok, I'm still here.. Bad dream?" He asked softly as he took a few steps closer.

It had to have been bad for her first night out and alone, he remembered how he was. Waking up in the middle of the night missing family and the ones he grew up with, some night not sleeping at all knowing his dreams were more f a hell than the wastland now around him. Downstairs rose made some tea and set a half broken table up next to the couch for them.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-02-2015, 03:35 PM

When Roland burst in through the bedroom door, Eliza span around without wiping the tears from her eyes. He obviously noticed that she had been crying and tried to reassure her. Without even thinking, she threw herself into him and wrapped her arms around him so tightly that she felt him tense. "It was awful" she sniffled. "And then I woke up and you were gone, and I didn't know what to think or what to do. I thought you wouldn't come back, and I don't know how to be alone!" she gushed, completely forgetting about her brain to mouth function. As Eliza realised what she had done, she let go of him and moved away a little. "Sorry" she whispered, yet another red hue taking form on her cheeks.

Eliza composed herself then, wiping away the tears from her face and pulling on her cardigan and boots. "Roland, we need to talk" she sighed and sat down on the side of her bed. "Listen, I understand if you want to go on without me. You did the best thing for me, and that was save me. You don't need to babysit me if you don't want to. I know that I slow you down, and I know that you have things that you need to do. It's just... Well, the thing is... Er" she trailed off towards the end, not really knowing how to phrase her next sentence without sounding like a helpless little kid. Looking up at him, a faint smile played on her lips, but it didn't reach her eyes. Did she even want to say anything? Eliza realised that she was quite afraid of the outcome of her words. Why was she telling him he could go on without her, when all she wanted was to stay with him?

"I feel like your the only person I can trust out here. I know I've only known you a short time, but we've already seen so much together and I feel like I need to repay you for saving me, because without you, I'd be lay in that vault with all the others, probably being eaten by those dogs we saw yesterday" a slight shudder ran through her at the thought of that, and at the thought that that's what was actually happening to the people she had grown up with and spent her whole life with. None of them were particularly close, it was a fend for yourself environment, but still... They had always been there. "I would like to stay with you, and if you don't want me to, then tell me now so that I can find my own way in this world that I know nothing about" she glanced up at him through her lashes.

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2015, 03:54 PM

The reaction Eliza gave was what Roland was expecting, though he still wasn't use to it anymore and he tensed a little. He stood here as she started to ramble and he just let her get it out, when she backed away and apologized he just smiled slightly "its alright" he said softly. He felt like he knew what she was meaning when she started talking about him go in on without her and when she paused he waled over to the other bed and sat facing her. What came next brought a small smile to his face as he just looked over at her.

"That's the thing, another person would slow me down and could make my job a bit harder." Roland said softly and cleared his throat, "but I don't see that with you" he added softly. "You have a fight in you to keep going and even as you just said about finding your own way around here. If you want to stay I would be happy if you did." He said as he stood up he offered her his hand. "I have trusted my life in your hands, and I'll continue trusting you as well" he added with a smile, "what do you say we get some grub and see what you there together"

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-02-2015, 05:18 PM

Eliza noticed that Roland was very patient as she spoke. And when she had finally finished rambling, she noticed a smile on his face. It was that smile that told her everything she needed to know before he even spoke, but she sat and listened anyway. He spoke so softly that Eliza began to relax again, and when he said that he would be happy for her to stay, a huge grin broke out onto her face. A multitude of different emotions coursed through her when Roland said he trusted her with his life, and Eliza found herself smiling while trying to fight back more tears; though these tears were happy ones. As he held out his hand to her, she looked up at him and suddenly couldn't believe how lucky she had been.

Eliza took hold of Roland's hand and got to her feet. When he mentioned food, a small noise came from her stomach and Eliza looked down and laughed. "I think that answers the food part" she smiled and began to walk towards the door. There was a smell coming from down stairs like nothing Eliza had ever smelled before. It was a magical mixture of sweet and savoury, hearty and wholesome and amazingly appetizing. "Is Rose cooking? Or am I so hungry I'm imagining that incredible smell?" Eliza pulled open the door and walked down the stairs. As she opened the second door, the wave of heat from the cooker and the amazing aroma intensified and Eliza felt her excitement building. "I've never eaten proper food before. It was all those horrible food bags that they had stockpiled the vaults with!" she beamed and made her way to the little table that Rose had set up. There were three small blue china teacups placed around the table and a teapot filled with a steaming liquid. "What's this?" Eliza asked, turning to Roland with giddy look in her eyes.

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2015, 05:49 PM

Roland was glad that Eliza was smiling, she made it easier to make up his mind about the girl and as long as she was willing to fight, he would be right there with her. He laughed a bit at her stomach "no, rose is cooking. You can say she's like mom around here" he said as Eliza opened the doors and he could smell the food as well.

Rose was placing some pancakes down on the table and chuckled at the girl, "I wouldn't call this proper food but its the best we can make out here" she said offering her a seat and pours some tea. "Its a special Glen I grow here at the shop, now eat up" she said before sitting down as well. Roland sat down beside rose and grabbed a cake "its the best thing alright, don't gt good stuff like this when we are scouting, so ya better stuff yourself now" he stated and took a big bite. "Table manners young man" rose snapped and roland laughed putting his cake on a plate.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-02-2015, 09:37 PM

Rose poured Eliza some tea, and Eliza looked at it a little sceptically. It was sort of greeny brown in colour and unlike anything Eliza had ever drank before. Picking the small tea cup up, she took a hesitant sniff at the liquid and then slowly took a little sip. Once the tea was in her mouth though, it was unlike anything in the world. The slightly sweet, earthy flavours overwhelmed her senses and her eyes opened wide with shock. She swallowed her mouthful and then placed the little cup on the table again. "That's incredible!" she beamed, thoroughly impressed. "Is there any more?" she asked, a little nervously but still eager.

With how excited she had been about tea, Eliza's reaction to the pancakes was nothing short of hysterical. They looked amazing; golden and fluffy, like little creamy clouds. "Wow" she whispered. Eliza watched Roland grab a pancake and she almost giggled. He seemed almost as excited as her. I wonder if it ever wears off? she pondered to herself, when Roland's words interrupted her thoughts. "I'm no stranger to bland, awful food" she sighed, remembering the days of dry, plain wheat based food that came in a silver bag. It was supposed to be dehydrated food, but as the water became more and more precious, they were forced to eat it as it was: Powdered.

When Rose scolded him, Eliza burst into laughter. "I can't imagine how many times you've been told off for eating like that!" she smiled and then picked up her fork and began to eat her pancakes. The flavour was immense. So rich and wholesome, and Eliza was full after just one. She did want to eat more, but she knew that her stomach couldn't handle it. "That was delicious!" she beamed to Rose "Thank you so much!" There was a big smile on her face and as the day drew on, Eliza could only describe the way she was feeling as content.

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2015, 10:01 PM

"Sure is dear" rose said grabbing the small pot of tea and pours Eliza another small cup, she was glad the girl liked it. "I can pack some in Roland's bag with extra water if you like?" She offered knowing he wouldn't care carrying a bit more for his new friend. "I got some dried meat as well, should be enough for the both of you.. That's if he shares" she said glaring over at roland.

"I make no promises" roland said with a cheesy grin, "of course I will" he said quickly grabbing his cake again and taking another bite. "Boy!" Rose exclaimed and roland laughed "care if we bag a few as well? It may be a bit longer on the road since we haven't seen any stormed here lately" he said knowing they should be ready for on hold in on their journey. He finished eating quickly and got to his feet "we better head off though, try to get to the first camp by night fall" he said not wanting to fight dogs again. "Our bags restocked and you should be good after I get the miss some tea" rose said and got up from the table and walked into another room.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-03-2015, 05:01 PM

"Mmh, that sounds wonderful! As long as Roland doesn't mind that is?" she laughed. Rose really was the mother figure around here, and Eliza could tell that from all the shouting she did. Roland seemed to be in trouble every time Eliza looked at him. She finished her tea in silence and listened to what Roland had to say about the storms. When Rose left the room, Eliza looked over at him and gave him a shaky smile. "Do you think I'll be okay out there? I've never been in a storm before, I don't want you to think I'm a wimp if I get scared" she said, hoping for some reassurance that the storms weren't actually as bad as she suspected them to be.

Sitting quietly for a moment, Eliza began to ponder what lay ahead for them. She still wasn't sure whether her money was any good and she certainly didn't know what the journey would be like or who she would meet along the way. If they were all as welcoming and kind as Roland, she would be fine, but for some reason Eliza suspected that they weren't all like him. He was different, she didn't know how, or why, but she knew he was special. Having only encountered a select number of people, Eliza had developed a sense for the good ones, but Roland seemed to surpass all of her thoughts of what a good person should be. She watched him eat his cake and she found herself smiling. He's the first person to ever make me smile for no reason she realised, and then looked down quite embarrassed hoping that Roland hadn't seen her silly grin.

Eliza cleared away the plates from the table and went into the kitchen where Rose was packing Roland's bag with all sorts of foodie things. "I don't mean to sound cheeky, but is there any chance I could get a change of clothes for the road? I just don't want to be washing my others whilst not wearing anything, she blushed and let out a nervous giggle.

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-03-2015, 05:24 PM

Roland sat back in his chair and smirked a little "first off the storms change a lot and I'm not going to say they are something easy to get here, some are bad. And second its OK to be a wimp" he said and smiled wider. He had to tease her and he grabbed his tea and took a big gulp. He liked Eliza, she seemed to get along with him rather fitting and didn't take his sarcasm to heart. When she cleared the table he got up as well and put everything back where rose kept it before heading up to the bed room one last time.

Rose looked at the girl as she came into the small kitchen and nodded "I can understand that my dear, the gray at there is yours. Please pack what you need and be safe out there " she said softly placing the last thing in the bag she was working on and snapped it shut. "He is a good boy most the time, and just know he will protected you if you need him" rose added with a small smile, "my husband taught him well" she said softly before walking out of the room. The day was passing outside and the sun was almost straight up already.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-06-2015, 01:32 PM

When Roland said that it was okay to be a wimp, Eliza threw a towel at him. "Are you saying I AM a wimp?" she teased. When she was in the kitchen, she could hear Roland putting things away on shelves and in draws and then she heard him go upstairs. Wonder what he's doing? she pondered to herself. But she didn't get long to ponder before Rose was handing her a grey bag that contained a change of clothes for her. "Thank you Rose, you have no idea how much I appreciate everything you've done for me. Both of you" Eliza smiled and then threw the bag over her shoulder.

Eliza could see the love on Rose's face as she told her that Roland was a good boy. "I know he would, he already has, a few times. I trust him with my life" she said, and watched as Rose left the room. Eliza found herself wondering if Rose's husband was dead or if he was just gone a lot. She obviously still felt the pain of his absence either way, because she seemed to turn away whenever she mentioned him. He must be a wonderful man to have taught Roland all he knows. They wouldn't be about to set out to save people if not for him, so either way, his legacy would live on.

Glancing out of the small window in the kitchen, Eliza noticed that the sun was almost fully up and she dashed out of the room and ran up the stairs to see if Roland was ready to go. She knocked on the door before she entered and said "I was just wondering if your almost ready to leave? Rose has finished with the bags"

Sparky435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-06-2015, 02:14 PM

Up in the bedroom Roland was getting a small book that he had been working on for a while now, one thing he knew about the outside was there were little maps and if you tracked your way you wouldn't get lost. He was changing his shirt when he heard the knock "its alright" he said buttoning the last few buttons of his black shirt before putting on a cap. "I knew she would be, she too nice. Here look at this a second" he said handing her the book, the map was peaces of small paper stuck together and rifton was the center point, he pages after it were sling info about what he found and maybe a small sketch or two. "Been working on it for about two years, kept going after max went missing" he said softly "I haven't found any trace of him yet but haven't really gone south much, mor bandit territory down there." He added getting to his feet. "Got to go tat way anyway to talk to a guy about the paper money though, he collects old stuff so he should know" he added before heading down the steps slowly "bye rose" he yelled not sure where she ended up this time, but with no answer he looked at Elsa "let's get going then shall we?" He said with a smile opening the door for her.

The air was dry and the streets were empty again, it happened a lot about midday when the tempurature got ts hottest. "Should still make it to the first camp by night fall" Roland said glad to be out and roaming once again.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-09-2015, 04:09 PM

Eliza entered the room which they had slept in the night before. The beds were still a little rumpled from their attempts to make them and the air still smelled of the heat off their sleeping bodies. The light was pouring in through the curtains and the she could see tiny specks of dust floating lazily around in the air. Wandering over to where Roland stood, Eliza gave him a smile. "What is it?" she asked, carefully taking the makeshift notebook from his hands and opening it. "Wow, Roland, did you make this yourself?" she asked, a little shocked. The pages were a little worn from the travelling he had done but the drawings were beautiful and full of detail. There was a map inside, which showed the surrounding areas and even beyond that; everywhere he had been.

When Roland mentioned searching for Max, Eliza knew that was the right thing to do, and she also knew that nothing could stop them now that they both had the idea in their heads. Two sets of eyes is better than one, they would have a fresh perspective on the areas. However, the thought of heading deep into bandit territory was a little daunting and Eliza could feel the slight whirl of fear passing through her. She quickly banished it though, because she knew that as long as Roland was by her side that she would be safe. He would never let anything happen to her, and she trusted that.

As they headed out, Eliza turned to take one last look at the place where she had felt safer than she ever had. She shouted a quick goodbye and a thank you to Rose, but she was nowhere to be seen. If she was there though, listening from behind a door, she would hear the unyielding gratitude in Eliza's tone. She would be back there one day, though she knew not when. But when she was, she would throw her arms around Rose and prove to her that she was different, and that she was there to stay. The air outside was hot and dry and Eliza felt as though she was walking into a wall of heat as she stepped out the door. There was a slight dusty quality to the air which dried her mouth out almost instantly, but she was used to being thirsty. There was nobody in the streets, but that just made it easier to get out without anyone noticing her. Looking over at Roland, Eliza fixed a grin on her face "Right then, let's do this" she said, trying to keep as much optimism and hope in her voice as possible.