Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-26-2016, 07:27 PM

4K TVs and content are all the rage right now. Even my boyfriend has gotten me on the bandwagon, so the only TV I own is a Sony 4K TV. Although it's nice that Amazon Prime TV and Netflix does 4K streaming, but there just isn't a whole lot of content out there! A few of the newest movies, but not too much.

Personally, I think 4K TVs are good to get if you either need a new TV (like yours is breaking or you don't even own a HD TV) or don't have one at all yet. Otherwise, save your money.

What is your opinion? Do you have a 4K TV? Do you want one?

rattie_tattie

Old 04-14-2016, 03:31 AM

Personally I don't care too much for the 4K bandwagon. I think it will end just like the 3D TVs. Something that didn't last long.

Also coming from someone who works for a satellite tv company, there isn't a lot of content out that is 4k. Granted we have a couple channels that are 4k and we released a box that works for 4k but it is very hard to actually convert content over to 4k. I don't think it will take off as much as most people want it to sadly.

I personally will not get one. If I could I would just stick with the big tube tvs that have those big speakers on the bottom. I want one of those for my living room so bad. My boyfriend thinks I am crazy but they last forever!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 04-16-2016, 11:17 AM

My husband was JUST showing me 4k tvs yesterday . THe color was a little sharper than the other tvs, but big deal? I don't get why its sucha big deal anyways. ANd I had no idea there was hype on it.

Also, what does it even mean? The 4k?

omg rattie-tattie. If you lived near me. I've got this ginormous tube box tv that I have to get rid of cause i'm moving. And cause we didn't have space for it to sit to begin with. It's something like 37-40 inches. I'd so give it to you. xD

rattie_tattie

Old 04-24-2016, 03:40 PM

Well dang that's what I need lol. We don't have a tv in the living room and I already told my boyfriend I want a tube tv or a projector. No idea why. Just what I want lol

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-24-2016, 09:51 PM

well if you randomly lived in NY... i have the tv on my porch about (covered porch) to be taken to a dump when we find an electric dump spot.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2016, 05:25 PM

As someone who will watch top rated movies on a dinky little phone... no not really. Unless you're watching nature documentaries or using VR software it's not worth it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-27-2016, 11:44 PM

i like nature documentaries. and the travel channel. and disvoery channel. and anything with pretty scenery. xD

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 05-02-2016, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattie_tattie View Post
Personally I don't care too much for the 4K bandwagon. I think it will end just like the 3D TVs. Something that didn't last long.

Also coming from someone who works for a satellite tv company, there isn't a lot of content out that is 4k. Granted we have a couple channels that are 4k and we released a box that works for 4k but it is very hard to actually convert content over to 4k. I don't think it will take off as much as most people want it to sadly.

I personally will not get one. If I could I would just stick with the big tube tvs that have those big speakers on the bottom. I want one of those for my living room so bad. My boyfriend thinks I am crazy but they last forever!
I doubt it will die. 4k is the next resolution up from 1080p (blu-ray format). Although I'm not sure if it will only be something that can be streamed or if they will figure out a way to sell it on a CD-type format. Although I don't think it will catch on until more providers will be able to get stuff to the viewers for it. Or when more people get them. I can't say they are too expensive, considering I got mine for under $800 USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
My husband was JUST showing me 4k tvs yesterday . THe color was a little sharper than the other tvs, but big deal? I don't get why its sucha big deal anyways. ANd I had no idea there was hype on it.

Also, what does it even mean? The 4k?
I found the picture is much smoother as well. 4k refers to the resolution. 720p is typical DVD format (p stands for horizontal pixels). 1080p is typical Blu-ray format. 4k is for 4,000 pixels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
As someone who will watch top rated movies on a dinky little phone... no not really. Unless you're watching nature documentaries or using VR software it's not worth it.
Not gonna lie, I watched Interstellar on 4k through amazon prime video... And it was quite beautiful. Though I completely see your point.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-02-2016, 12:45 PM

Ohhhhh so that's what P stands for. pssh no one ever tells me nuttin (look i made a hot fuzz rreference! )tehee

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-05-2016, 03:05 AM

I'm sure it was beautiful... but it seems excessive. I still watch youtube videos on 360p

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-06-2016, 01:31 AM

i watch them on.. on.... *shrugs* whatever they're already on?