salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-21-2016, 03:01 PM

Do you prefer to watch movies in the theater or at home?
And why?

Although I enjoy the experience of watching movies in the theater, I do love watching in the comfort of my own home where I can grab whatever snacks and candy I want, pause the movie if I need to use the bathroom, and be able to react to or discuss the movie with friends or family without disturbing strangers who might be watching the movie at the same time in the theater.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-29-2016, 10:11 PM

It depends on the movie? Like for example if its a comedy I would go to the theatre because I like to laugh with other people. But if it's an action movie with a good plot that's part of a series I like to watch it home because I like to pause it everyone once and a while to contemplate the character arcs.

VixieMooCow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-30-2016, 12:52 PM

home.. unless its an 18 rated film..... i hate sitting in the cinema with under 18s.. noisy brats. plus its pretty expensive these days

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-30-2016, 12:54 PM

The theatre I go to is actually quite inexpensive. It only costs around 7.50 per ticket I believe. And my mum get's a discount because she's a veteran.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 09-01-2016, 12:51 PM

Home, for all the reasons you stated, but also because I get motion sickness in theaters. As a kid, I often had to go to the bathroom and throw up when I saw a movie at the theater, and I thought maybe it was the candy or fountain soda causing it. By the time I realized it was actually motion sickness, I had also developed an unconscious association between getting sick and the smell of theater popcorn. So now I sometimes get sick at the movies just from the smell. I try not to go unless there is a really good reason; I haven't been in two years. :(

Ancasta
(¬º-°)¬

Old 09-01-2016, 01:43 PM

I prefer to watch movies in the theatre. It's a good excuse to get out of the house, plus the change in setting and lack of other distractions helps me focus on the movie. Also, I only live a mile or so down the road from one, so I can throw on sneakers and walk.

Telstel_Helper
Tel's Elf

Old 09-05-2016, 06:56 AM

Both, i have at times get free passes to the cinemas so i go and use them of course but only when there is a movie that i really want to watch on the big screen.

Most of the time i watch home or at my friends place to muck around and stuff.

ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 09-25-2016, 03:03 AM

I love theatres. So much. So much so, that I work at one. And since I'm really good friends with the owner and his daughter (they're pretty much my family) I get into some movies for free (whenever I decide to stay for a movie after a shift) and always have free concessions. It's really nice, actually. The perks of local theatres.