Kyuuketsuki_Kisu
♥ The Queen of Hearts b...

Old 03-08-2010, 04:31 AM

(Good night and sweet dreams, Miss. Silent Tiger. I've enjoyed today! ^.^)

"I know I should have said it earlier....But you aren't dying, silly..." Asima forced her gaze away from the arrow. She shouldn't pull it out, if it had pierced any organ inside, pulling it out would only ensure Nemiah died. After gulping quickly, Asima continued, "You have a busy day tomorrow, Lakar's lessons...You've got to be Pharaoh some day..." The female bit her bottom lip, shooting a glance to her father, she had no idea of his condition, but it couldn't be much better.

Attempting to move Nemiah gently, she laid her big brother down on the marble, moving to check her father.

silenttiger43
I have nothing to declare but my...

Old 03-08-2010, 12:47 PM

Nemiah smiled slightly at her words, then winced again at the pain. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been... oh wait, he'd never been hurt like this before. Who the hell stabs or shoots a prince?! He sighed, trying to relax somewhat, hoping it was would ease the pain.

Isoteph was in pretty rough shape. He was sitting on the steps that lead to the throne, leaning back against them. He gave Asima a smile although it he looked pretty pale. "You did well daughter" he congratulated her, his voice was a bit raspy. "I am.. proud of you"

Nemiah glanced over at them briefly, had Malum waited a few more minutes before interfering, he doubted his father would be saying such things. That knot in his stomach had returned and it wasn't exactly helping his situation.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 07:16 PM

Asima stared at her father, words wouldn't come to her. Pierced three times, Isoteph must be much more worse of than his son. As the Physician entered the room, however, he still moved to Isoteph first. If the Pharaoh was pronounced without hope, then the doctor would be free to move to Nemiah.

Asima however, stood as the older man kneeled next to her father, and she moved to her brother. Asking the doctor for instructions while he took care of her father, Asima began treating her brother, although there wasn't too much she could do other than prepare Nemiah for the physician.

Asima turned his head gently, so he wouldn't have to see what she was doing, then laid the medical pliers next to him, then turned, waiting on what the physician had to say.

(I don't really want to pronounce anyone dead, cause they aren't mine....Gomen...)

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 11:12 PM

After a moment Isoteph pushed the physician away a little, "No, no, go take care of my son you idiot" he growled, looking towards Nemiah a bit concerned.

Nemiah was trying to sit up, he didn't like the thought of being so helpless but it hurt so much to move.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-09-2010, 12:36 AM

(So are they good or do they die? I figure if they do, would you mind if I used a time skip right now? I have an idea...)

silenttiger43

Old 03-09-2010, 12:42 AM

((oh x.x um, sorry. I wasn't thinking there, Isy's gotta have his last words XD))

Isoteph's breath became more and more shallow, he knew he wasn't going to last much longer but hopefully the physician could help Nemiah still. He sent the man over to his son and then gestured for Asima to come forward. "Daughter" he struggled for breath, "I haven't much time... but there is something you n-need to learn... I wish I could tell you everything but I'm leaving that up to Lakar now. Just... just promise me something first..." he looked up at her, his blue green eyes were beginning to fade, "Promise me... you will take care of you brother..."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-09-2010, 01:00 AM

The raven haired woman gripped her father's head as he spoke, her chocolate eyes lifting to Nemiah's form a few paces away.

Turning her gaze back on her father, she nodded slowly, "I'll do whatever I can, Father." Asima spoke quietly, her fingers drifting to rub the Pharaoh's hand, "I will do everything in my power to help him..." The female continued, although not quiet promising. She would do what she could, but what if her brother was beyond help? The princess shook her head, focusing back to the pharaoh.

silenttiger43

Old 03-09-2010, 01:09 AM

He reached up and touched her cheek lightly, "You have a good heart Asima... together I know you and Nemiah can care for all Egypt... but know that he needs you... and you need him..." his voice was fading, "and the world needs you both..." his hand fell weakly down to his side as he closed his eyes and breathed his last.

The physician was having luck with helping Nemiah. It seemed like he had a chance to live still, which was good. One pharaoh's death was more than enough for one day.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-09-2010, 01:14 AM

Asima's fingers fluttered over her father's face, and she kissed the still form's cheek gently. This done, Asima stood, moving to her brother and cradling his head gently. Where are those guards? Asima sang softly, a lullaby from long ago, as she waited patiently for the physician to get done.

Her father's words would have to wait, although as soon as guards were sent after Malum, and Nemiah had been tucked into bed, she would search out Lakar. Her head was spinning, and her leg throbbed from the arrows still embedded into her flesh, although that wasn't life threatening, she had to focus on what was.

silenttiger43

Old 03-09-2010, 01:19 AM

The guards were sent after Malum, although by now it was unlikely that they would catch him. with a little help from the servants Nemiah was transported to his bed with strict orders of rest from the physician. Of course, that left Asima in charge, with Isoteph dead and Nemiah out of commision for awhile it was all on her now.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-09-2010, 01:22 AM

Asima had seen herself treated, her leg wrapped in thick gauze, and causing the Princess to limp slightly. Once she was seen to, and her clothes had been changed, the woman picked herself off the temping bed she perched on, moving quickly to the temple.

Once she arrived, she began calling for the high priest, her tiny voice echoing through the alabaster and marble chambers, "Lakar! Lakar! We must talk..."

silenttiger43

Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 AM

The high priest was bustling about the temple, searching through his scrolls and tablets of text. He glanced over as Asima called for him but continued with what he was doing as he spoke, "Yes Asima? What is it?" his fingers flipped through a stack of papyrus.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-09-2010, 01:39 AM

"Before he died, Father told me I needed to learn something, but there wasn't time and he was leaving it up to you...He also said Egypt needed me and Nemiah..." Asima pursed her lips together, being blunt as always. "What is going on here?"

Her gaze softened as she continued, "And what should I do now, Lakar?"

silenttiger43

Old 03-09-2010, 01:45 AM

Lakar stopped what he was doing, he turned to look at her straight, clearly debating this moment and then he sighed, "Alright." he leaned against the table, "You have now and again complained about having to learn things that no other princess of Egypt has had to." he began as he gestured for her to sit, "Your father had good reason to have you learn such things. I believe he has told you a bit about the prophesy?"

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-09-2010, 01:47 AM

Asima's eyes glazed for a moment, as she remembered her father telling her of the birthmark, "Yes, High Priest...Although he didn't tell me much."

Her hands were tossed into the air and she continued, frustration dotting her voice, "What does that have to do with Nemiah and myself?"

silenttiger43

Old 03-09-2010, 02:02 AM

"It was part of the prophesy. The children of Isoteph play as large a role as he did" Lakar explained, "His first daughter will be the one to make the final decision whether Egypt survives or falls. That is you Asima. Your father did not want to place this responsibility on you too soon so he refrained from telling you. He has always expressed concern in your well being... so he wanted you to learn to fight, to learn magic, so you would be ready when the time came."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-09-2010, 02:33 AM

The young woman stared at Lakar, her mouth slightly open. "I'm to make that decision....Lakar, I can't do something like that, just a few hours ago I was thinking of my own brother's downfall," Asima confided softly, "I need to see more of this prophesy, I need to understand..."

She began pacing, "What decision? Is a disastrous war coming to Egypt? Will the slaves attempt a revolt? And what of Nemiah? When he recovers, he will be Pharaoh, what is his part in this?" Asima spoke swiftly, an edge of panic touching her voice. It had been a trying day, after all.

silenttiger43

Old 03-09-2010, 02:48 AM

Lakar stepped forward, placing his hands on her shoulders to keep her from pacing as he looked her in the eyes. His wise blue gaze contained sympathy for her, "I will be here and Nemiah will be here for you. You are not alone in this Asima, for as long as I draw breath I am sworn to protect you two at all costs and I will not let you down again. The prophesy is not specific, it only says that the decision shall be yours but it does not say you can't have help." he touched her cheek gently, "You do not have to hold this burden alone."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-09-2010, 03:14 AM

Asima stared at the man hard, then threw her head up, laughing.

"No, Lakar...for the things I'd wanted to do to Nemiah, I am being punished. I'm already alone." Asima backed up, her sandals making no sound as she broke the High Priest's grasp. "I am going to walk in the gardens...I need to clear my head. If anything new happens with Nemiah, please get me."

With those words, the princess turned, heading outside until she was perched under a tree. How comforting Anobi would be right now... The woman sighed, not particularly wanting to return to her rooms, where there would be servants waiting for her, instead wishing to lay her head on the bench. Asima fell asleep quickly, not even realizing she had done so.

silenttiger43

Old 03-09-2010, 03:18 AM

Lakar said nothing in response to her strange outburst. He knew that it would take time for Asima to adjust so he left her alone. He did however watch her in his silence. He had a full view of garden from his window so he kept an eye on her as she fell asleep, and then just before nightfall he sent a few people out to gently carry her to bed.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-09-2010, 03:19 PM

Asima woke in her room, confused for a moment. Yesterday's events hit her quickly, however, and Asima laid on her bed, partially from numbness and partially from disbelief. Forcing her body off the bed, Asima made her way quickly to her brother's room, knocking softly before entering, just in case her older brother was awake.

Her mind obviously wasn't there, however, the woman was thinking of the theif, Malum. She's send the guards out later, to find information and root out the holes of those rats.

silenttiger43

Old 03-09-2010, 05:45 PM

Nemiah lay in bed, he seemed only to be dozing a bit at the moment so when Asima entered he looked over at her. He struggled a little to sit up causing the blankets to fall away partially and reveal his heavily bandaged torso. Nemiah watched Asima a moment with uncertainty and a little on edge. He wasn't too sure whether she had come to see him out concern or if she was going to finish the job. He certainly wasn't in any condition to fight back.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-09-2010, 05:59 PM

Asima moved in the room slowly, the girl's shame shining in her eyes. Her brother's tension was obvious, and the princess couldn't really blame him. She'd been terrible.

The woman moved next to the bed, applying gentle pressure to her brother's shoulders, pushing the male back unto the bed. She stepped back, then, guiding a tray some servant had left to her brother. "Father is gone..." Asima spoke quietly, her gaze refusing to meet her brother's eyes. She was sorry, although not able to express it in words as of yet, "I'll be sending out troops into our towns, searching for the thieves. Has the Physician been to see you this morning?"

silenttiger43

Old 03-09-2010, 07:17 PM

Nemiah cringed as he was forced back down. It was surprisingly easy to keep him from moving and that only seemed to make him more nervous. He continued to watch his sister closely, still not too sure what to think. He knew Asima was a fairly good actor, "he has" he replied simply, trying not to focus on their father's death at the moment. "Is there something you want?"

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-09-2010, 07:23 PM

Asima glanced at the boy laying on the bed for a moment, her eyes flickering with uncertainty. She began speaking, her fingers fiddling with a strand of hair, then focusing on the invisible speck stuck to her dress, and finally intertwining nervously with each other.

"It was wrong...Of me..." The princess spoke softly, her gaze falling to the floor in her brother's chamber. "To wish those things on you. Even if I thought you unfit for the throne, I should have brought the matter to you. Discussed it with you..." Asima's voice faltered, and the young woman trembled slightly. She didn't begrudge her brother. If their roles were reversed, she wasn't sure she would be so forgiving. And he is Pharaoh now... A small voice spoke up from Asima's mind, the thought making her knees tremble a bit harder.