AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 09-19-2011, 01:40 AM

The Harpy and The Dancer
For CrimsonShadow: and my posting pleasure only.

Ciarda yawned, stretching her arms above her head, silver jewelry jingling as the bracelets slid down her arm gently clinking against each other. It had been a very long ride, coming from the town the jousting tournament had been at, finally coming to visit Striker at the place he lived at. She wasn't sure where Lady Azra was, but Ciarda didn't worry. Snuggling back in the seat of the carriage, something Ciarda certainly wasn't used to, she yawned once more before she let her eyes drift shut for a quick nap, her mind going back over the whole trip.

After the strange attack, the tournament continued with what was left of the knights, but still didn't last as long as it usually did. The last few days had been busy actually for the mortal dancer, being asked to dance quite often and being paid handsomely. What had really warmed her had been when some of the villagers had later gifted her with replacements for her destroyed wagon and other supplies. Not that she got to use it once the tournament ended. The wagon was following behind, driven by someone else as she rode in a carriage with Striker. She didn't complain, until she got restless to stretch and move, and that usually tended to be around the time Striker got out as well and stretched his wings. Those few times, she'd politely declined him taking her flying then.

Smiling at the memory, she let herself fully drop off to sleep. Comfortable even though she was leaning against the carriage wall.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 10-03-2011, 12:09 AM

As Ciarda fell asleep Striker watched her for a moment with a smile. He was very happy that she was coming to visit his home. She would be able to live in his type of environment, with harpies. His castle, well Azara's families castle, was filled with their people and a few other creatures, some humans as well. Turning his head away her angelic face Striker looked out the small window of the carriage and saw that they were getting closer.

After about a half an hour a smile lit up Strikers face. They were at the castle, finally he was home. When the carriage came to a stop he leaned over to Ciarda and touched her shoulder. "Ciarda were here, time to wake up." He could have just picked her up and carried her inside, letting her sleep some more. But he wanted her first experience of his home to be wonderful. Nothing compared to stepping out of the carriage to a beautiful castle with harpies flying around.

Once she stepped out of the carriage she would see a gigantic castle covered in ivy and other nature. Surrounding the castle was miles of forest and huge mountains framed the back of it. It was really breath taking. Towards the right you could see stables and patches of lush green grass. On the left you could see a long windy path, that led somewhere you couldn't see.

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; 10-03-2011 at 12:13 AM..

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-03-2011, 01:54 AM

Ciarda groaned softly, awareness growing from the touch. "'Ker? Wha...?" She mumbled, one hand coming up to rub her eyes of sleep. Blearily opening the amber orbs she turned to look at him, though she stared behind him instead. Leaning to the window, she barely restrained a gasp at the beauty of the large stone building in front of her. When the carriage door opened, more than likely the footman or driver, Ciarda really didn't care or pay attention, her eyes on the castle as she quickly climbed out. Staring up at the building, watching as what looked like overly large birds flew around the upper towers, she started to grin as she realized the birds were actually other harpies.

"Oh my...Striker, its lovely!" She gushed as she turned to look back at him, grinning wildly. Spinning around in circle gracefully for a few turns, arms spread wide till she noticed Striker also exiting the carriage, at which point she stopped and leapt at him. "Thanks for bringing me." She murmured as she wrapped her arms tighter around his neck.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 10-03-2011, 02:09 AM

((So I'm thinking the both of us just control other "characters" whenever we need them!))

Smiling Striker watched Ciarda take everything in. When she stumbled out of the carriage he followed after her. He stood at the foot of the carriage and watched as she twirled around in circles with a huge grin on his face. As she lunged at him he opened his arms and caught her. Striker gave her a tight hug before pulling his head back to look at her face. "Thank you for coming. It has made me very happy."

He flashed her a grin before setting her back down on her feet. "Shall we go in and introduce you to everyone? I think Azara's sisters and brothers are here. Her parents wont be here until tomorrow. You can meet everyone else to as I show you around the place!" He couldn't wait to introduce her to everyone. Striker knew they were going to love Ciarda.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-03-2011, 04:37 AM

((Makes sense.))

Standing again, she suddenly looked a little nervous. Meet Lady Azara's family? She was a commoner, maybe just a little better since she managed to amass quite a fortune as she used her skills as a dancer to gain supplies, but still not even near the same class as the royal harpy. "Is...Ah...Is that really a good idea?" She questioned softly, her hands that were still resting on his shoulders alternating between gripping tightly to being relaxed.

Letting her head hang, she used the opportunity to just check over her clothes; the red silk pants held up with a long, bunched up matching sash, the ropes that helped hold it all up as well as hold the coin purse hanging from it. Black flat shoes, her silver anklets gently sliding against each other as she moved. Moving up, her red top edged in silver. It looked nice, but it wasn't a proper lady's clothes. Sighing, she looked back up and stepped away, deciding she couldn't avoid it anyway. She was bound to run into the other harpies anyway, though hopefully Striker would always be there. Offering a soft smile, she stood to the side, one hand intertwining with his.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 10-03-2011, 06:17 PM

((That was a lot.....sorry lol I couldn't stop!))

Eyes scanning her face Striker could tell she was nervous about meeting Azra's family. But she needn't be nervous. At home the harpies didn't act like normal royals. They liked to act like normal people. "Don't worry Ciarda, were not like normal royal families. When were here we are just normal people. I mean sure there's a difference between us and our people but not much. You have nothing to fear, they'll love you I promise!"

Tugging on her hand that was enclosed in his own, he pulled her forward. "I think you'll be surprised when you see them." When the reached the very large front doors they creaked open and Striker walked her through them. Now they were standing in a grand foyer that was miles upon miles tall. On each side were two large staircases, that met in the middle.

All along the walls on each side were doors that could lead anywhere. Striker paused so Ciarda could take it all in. Then he softly pulled her forward once more. They walked under the staircase and down a hallway. As they walked he pointed out things to her, like where some other hallways lead to and what some of the closed doors hid.

Finally the long and large hallway ended. Opening the door that laid in front of them Striker walked though with Ciarda. Now they stood in a gigantic library which happened to hold many of Azara's siblings. Each harpy looked up when they walked in and smiled when they saw them. "I won't leave your side," Striker whispered to Ciarda as he walked her towards the harpies. "Everyone this is Ciarda." One by one the siblings came forward to introduce themselves. First was Azara's youngest sister. "I'm Chesrie, it's nice to meet you." The next was Jax, the second youngest. "Jax," he said with a smile and kissed the back of her hand. Last was the twins who came up together, they were the third oldest. There other brother Alec wasn't there yet. "I'm Alexsandra and I'm Katarina." Both girls launched forward and engulfed Ciarda in a hug. With a smile they backed off.

Chesrie was the shortest and had golden blonde hair, she was wearing a top similar to Ciarda's but in black and she had a pair of tight black pants on. On her feet were a pair of you could say ballet shoes. The twins both had jet black hair with a few white streaks randomly placed through out their hair. Alexsandra was wearing a golden tunic and black tight pants (like leggings). Her twin was wearing a Lady's dress for she had just gotten back from a meeting. It was pale blue and had little black flowers all over it. The twins were both barefoot. The only brother there was wearing a white loose shirt half tucked into black pants and he had on a pair of scuffed up black boots. He had golden blonde hair like Chesrie's. All three girls had long wavy hair and Jax had his cut short. The twins had piercing electric blue eyes, Ches had pale green and Jax had forest green.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-05-2011, 07:37 AM

((Its ok and srry it took me a while))

She smiled softly at his words, but it didn't help much. She had always been nervous meeting new people, except for meeting Striker. That had been weird for her, actually speaking with him. Shaking her head, she let him lead her through the foyer, amber eyes glancing back before the door shut behind them at the carriage and her wagon. Nibbling her bottom lip, she turned back around and tried, not very successfully, to not gawk at everything as he pointed things out to her. It was all so beautiful, not gaudy like some royals tended to do up their castles.

When he lead her to the library, her eyes had skipped over the occupants to sweep across the mass of books. While it was rare for women in the upper class to know how to read or write, it was almost nonexistent for the lower class to be educated in anyway, but she was. She loved to read, and right now, this place could have been her second heaven. Nodding distractedly as he commented about not leaving her side, she didn't really hear him till he introduced her. Moving tight into Striker's side she watched as a group stepped forward and introduced themselves. She smiled shyly to each, blushing lightly as the male kissed her hand, then squeaking as the twins grabbed her into a hug.

Sighing in relief as they let her go, she studied them a little, her head resting on her companion's shoulder. Each them were good looking, only accented by the clothes they wore and she could tell at least a little about their character from the way the were dressed. Maybe they were like Striker had said, they certainly didn't look like the usual stuffy royals. "Hello." She spoke softly.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 10-13-2011, 02:19 AM

Smiling softly Striker wrapped his arm around Ciarda's waist when she leaned her head on her shoulder. He could tell she was nervous meeting everyone. The twins had giggle softly when she squeaked at being hugged by them. "Were sorry," they said together in unison. They tended to do that, or finish each others sentences. "We are just so happy to meet you." Katarina stepped away from her sister and gave everyone a bow of her head. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get out of this uncomfortable dress and then go check on dinner." She flashed Ciarda a kind smile and walked out of the library. Alexsandra gave her a smile also and quickly followed after her twin.

Jax kissed his sister on the cheek then gave a bow of his head also. "I have to go to the stables. My horse is acting up again. See you at dinner!" With a blink of an eye he was gone. Striker shook his head and looked at Chesrie. "Don't you have dance class little one?" She glared out him and pouted. "You suck.." She gave him one more glare and then looked at Ciarda. "It was really nice to meet you. Striker wrote about you so much it feels like I almost know you." Giggling she dashed out of the room before he could retaliate.

Shaking his head and chuckling Striker glance at Ciarda. "So what did you think of them?" He asked quietly. He was hoping she liked them and they weren't to much. When the twins had hugged her he almost wanted to smack them.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-02-2011, 09:02 PM

Watching as they interacted, the slowly left, Ciarda couldn't help the slightly amused grin on her face. They certainly were an interesting family, not realizing she'd murmured such out loud. Well not at first, because she blushed when she did realize it. "Sorry. But they are nice. So what else is there to do? And what kind of dance does she do?" Ciarda asked, talking about the last one to leave. She felt bad about it, but she kind of forgotten the girls name. But she was really curious about the dance done here, especially since she now had the urge to move, to stretch her legs and body from having to sit in one position for long periods of time.

((Gah, and thats where my brain fries...>< But I got something! I can make better posts later...I hope...May need tylenol and soda...Or maybe midol....-.-))

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 12-03-2011, 08:16 PM

Laughing Striker shook his head. "Don't apologize love, it's alright. All of them are some of the oddest people I've ever known." He chuckled once more. "There is about anything you can imagine. What do you feel like doing and I'll tell you if we have it. Ches does all of the different types of dancing. She's a little obsessed and couldn't pick." Shaking his head at that he could help but think about how hyper the younger girl was.

((It's ok my sucked butt lol))

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 AM

What did she want to do? She had to think about that a little. She was hungry a little, which sounded like it'd be soon, she also wanted to be outside and move, yet the books. She loved reading. Looking torn, Ciarda grinned bashfully. "Well, what time will dinner be done? I could probably grab a snack now, then we can find something to do. What do you like doing here?" She asked him, suddenly excited about being able to do something after sitting and doing nothing for so long.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 PM

At Ciarda's bashful grin Striker smiled, "Dinner should be in about an hour or so. We can get a snack before then." He paused and thought about what all he liked to do when he was home. "I mostly tailed after Azra. You have no idea how weird it is to not be attached at her hip, especially when she's off somewhere and not here at home. But when she made me go away and have some fun I usually went flying or horseback riding. Sometimes I would go into the town or help one of the siblings with a project." There were many other things he did but those were his favorites. Holding his arm out to her he smiled. "Let's walk to the kitchen and you can decided on our way there."

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-09-2012, 04:49 PM

Smiling softly, Ciarda kind of felt bad for taking him away from Azara. Even if the other woman could take care of herself, all nobles had a bodyguard. "I think those sound fun. But after a snack, maybe we could go see Ches? I only know my belly dancing, but I'd like to learn more." In her previous travels she'd seen so many she wanted to learn, but no one would teach her. It hurt a little, but she could understand. To a dancer, her dance was her trade and was one of a kind to that person. Its how they made money. Very rarely did they teach someone else, and if they did, that student then altered it to their style. Thus the distinction was lost and one style may fade out of existence. Humming softly to herself as they walked, she found her mind traveling to go over a few steps in her dance she wanted to work on.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 07-08-2012, 01:11 AM

Striker smiled and began to lead Ciarda to the kitchen. Hearing her say she wanted to go see Ches he nodded. "We shall do that then. I know you love your dancing, at anytime feel free to either join Chesrie when she's in class or even if she's not. Our dance instructor love's to teach so she won't mind." Which was the truth. Miss Vivian absolutely loved to teach and often gave free lessons in the town square. Ches and Azara loved to drag him there often and make him dance.

A few seconds later the came upon the kitchen and Striker pushed the door open for Ciarda. "Just tell the cook what you want and they'll whip it up for you," he said with a smile.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-02-2012, 05:37 AM

Stepping into the kitchen, Ciarda looked around. There seemed to be a few people already there, obviously doing the prep for dinner. When one paused to greet them, she smiled and nodded her head slightly. "Would it be alright if I could get some sliced green apples and caramel sauce?" She requested politely, wanting something a little sour and sweet. Plus it would be something light and easy to eat until she meets up with Ches and her teacher.