Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-01-2007, 10:33 AM

Hello, and welcome to my little collection of drabbles!

Here is where I put short stories and sketches of my OCs, to flesh them out and discover more of each character's personality. I'm surrently using two of them in the Kingdom RP threads, which are possibly some of the best RPs I've ver been in (I certainly suggest them - we are always recruiting!) I suppose these stories help me get In Character, but apparantly they're also a rather entertaining read!

Please, please comment! You will get a cookie if you give me constructive criticism! *waves plate of cookies hypnotically* And you want the cookies..

Finally, I'd like to give a very special thanks to seripha and Seito, who both insipred me to start drabbling. (If that's a word... ^_^''')

Jac
⊙ω⊙

List of Themes: The Alphabet

Here is my very first list of themes. I decided to make my own list based off of the alphabet, so I will not be sorting my drabble themes by number. Feel free to use it yourself, if you are writing drabbles too! :D

A - Anytime
B - Bucket (Drabble #3)
C - Cat (Drabble #4)
D - Days
E - Empty
F - Fox
G - Growl
H - High
I - Indigo
J - Justice
K - Kill (Drabble #2)
L - Live
M - Men
N - Nails
O - Opera
P - Prescription
Q - Quick
R - Rusty
S - Stagnant
T - Tree (Drabble #1)
U - Under the mask
V - Victory
W - Women
X - Xebec
Y - Yule time
Z - Zebra

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Characters

I'll have my characters up here soon enough, once I track down all the bios and edit them. This list will grow. :D

The Kingdom of Erios Characters:
Name: Aria de l'Eonan
Race: human
Class: Mage-in-training, maid
Origin: Eiros
Weapon(s): A few spells, some unknown items in belt
Physical Description: Bright blue eyes; lightly tanned skin; waist-length, straight, raven-black hair and bangs; when training, wears a simple black dress, brown, practical boots and a brown belt with many bags, small flasks and the like; when working, wears the usual maid outfit, but still wears the belt and sometimes the boots too. In fact, you'll pretty much never see her without that belt... >>
Personality: Quirky, upbeat despite her hardships, can be very ambitious and not very by-the-book at all. Unfortunately, many of these traits have landed her in trouble.
History: Although her name is well known among the upper-middle class nobles, her family lost nearly all of its wealth several generations ago, and only by a fluke (and through some good family friends) was she able to become a mage-in-training. Although she likes magic, she sometimes gets a little overzealous; she has been working as a maid for several years now to pay off a debt for property damages.

Name: Djeren
Race: Human
Class: Troubadour, Crewman (on Marlon's ship), Archer/Gunman (Basically, ranged arms. If guns aren't alowed, then just a bow and crossbow)
Origin: Krakos/Duvah (explanation in history)
Weapon(s): Bow and arrows, rifle (I don't know what's avaliable, fill me in?)
Physical Description: Djeren is a tall young man, and although he is a little bit heavy he always tries to look presentable. He has dark brown hair that he keeps rather shorter than the norm so he doesn't have to tie it back. His dark brown, almost black, eyes are very keen. Often described as an 'honest-faced man', Djeren has a friendly, welcoming countenance.
He has a way with instruments, and when he is not on the ship he is often seen with a classical guitar, in its case, strapped to his back. He also has an intricately carved mandolin, the family heirloom. He sings to accompany many of his songs.
Personality: Djeren has always been good with his hands, and even though he only has two instuments with him on the ship, he can play several more and learns how to play others fairly quickly. This gift has also made him quite talented in long-distance weaponry and machinery. Often, when he is caring for his instuments and weapons, he goes quiet, concentrating only on what is before him. Other sailors claim that when this happens, he is communicating with the soul of the item; he has never claimed this to be true or untrue.
At times, Djeren seems blatantly patriotic to Duvah - he is actually just very loyal and thankful to a country that has given him so much. He is usually very calm and welcoming, only truly getting angered when his country is insulted or endangered. People who try to be an annoyance often find themselves at a loss around him, as he just smiles back.
History: Djeren hails from an old Krakos family of musicians, and the secrets of his trade were passed on to him. When Djeren was young, his parents gave him up to a Duvahian family friend and merchant, who raised him as his own in Duvah, always by the ocean. Being raised in such different cultures gave his music a very unique quality that earned recognition among the Duvah nobility, and he has often been invited to social gatherings to perform. About ten years ago he decided to take up archery, and has never lost interest in missile weapons ever since.

The Empire of Chiazu Characters:
Name: Ratbag
Race: Felis Domesticus. ("Species" is probably more fitting here though.. XD)
Status: street bum (according to humans, he's very particular about that fact)
Class: Fighter
Weapon(s): Claws, teeth, bad breath, and a LOT of experience.
Physical Description: A scraggly, brown tabby cat, with a faceful of scars from countless fights. His one good eye, the right one, is green and clear, while the other is milky (usually he keeps the bad one closed). Tail broken at the tip. Smells funny. Often seen with a couple flies buzzing nervously about his head.
Personality: Ornery, tough, wise in a lot of areas and gives a bluntly honest answer to anything. After all these years, this cat hasn't lost his curiosity. He has a speech impediment. (If you've seen House Md. he's a bit like House). Although his appearance seems pitiful, he earned his scars. Now he hardly ever gets hurt in a fight.
History: Although most people see him as a regular, dirty old street cat, he has earned his marks (and scars, and smell..) A few years ago, he gained the ability to speak through an accident involving magic (he's fuzzy on the details, however), and his many, many years of street life have given him much more experience than any library could ever provide. Ever since he began talking he stays away from other cats, because they no longer understand his world and are generally more afraid of him than ever before (who ever heard of a cat that can talk like a two-legged thing, anyway?)
Recently, Ratbag has left Erios and come to Chiazu, where he has joined a party of two humans. He might be used as an Chiazuan/Eriosian translator, as he has a bit of a knack for languages despite his pronunciation.

Name: Dayana
Race: Human
Class: High Priestess
Origin: Unknown
Weapon(s): Unarmed combat - sometimes uses a stave.
Physical Description: Rather tall, standing at about 5' 8", she is a very curvy woman, with a large chest, wide hips and a big smile. The most defining aspect of her visage is her skin – a dark copper colour. Although she is a little heavy, she is very athletic. Dark green eyes and waist-length, wavy dark brown hair that is usually braided back simply when training. Usually seen wearing the green colors of the Tortoise.
Personality: On the surface, she might appear as a flirty jokester. At informal occasions she is will often say whatever she thinks, making her appear as rather shameless, leading some to view her as unprofessional and.. well, simply put, a hussy. However, she knows the difference between work and play, and is very solemn and professional in formal occasions. However, no matter whether she is formal or informal, she always has a strange look in her eyes, that seem to be looking into you, not just at you. Because of this perceptive nature, she is a good judge of character, which can make anyone with secrets especially nervous. Basically, she has a personality that catches people off their guard.
History: Born a simple peasant on a nondescript island (not part of the Empire) to an abusive father, her mother took her away to a nearby Chiazu island at a young age. It was there, where the Temple of the Tortoise lies, that Dayana took a keen interest in nature, and became one of the temple's students, against her mother's wishes. Although not being born on Chiazuan soil has marred her reputation, she has, through grit and dedication, proven herself.

Other Characters:
Name: Ria Ambran
Race: human
Class: elite mage
Origin: Eiros? (will explain in history)
Weapon(s): unknown items in belt, magic
Physical Description: Bright blue eyes; lightly tanned skin; waist-length, straight, raven-black hair and bangs; height: 5' 2"; average body type; usually wears a simple black dress, brown, practical boots and a brown belt covered in dangling sachels of interesting things.
Personality: Quirky, upbeat despite her hardships, can be very ambitious and not very by-the-book at all. Though her sometimes overwhelming curiosity has landed her in trouble, she has managed to thrive in a difficult world. She has a very tight circle of friends.
History: An old character from a dead RP, I'm thinking of incorporating her story into the Erios arc, as a legendary sourcerer who, from behind the scenes, helped found the kingdom all those years ago. Although her name dissolved with time and marriages, her magic lives on in her few descendants, Aria de l'Eonan among them.

Side Characters:
Meep: A small, black kitten with yellow eyes, who plays with Ratbag's tail. Ratbag can't stand him XD He's a regular kitten, no magic or anything, and the only sounds he makes are purring and meep, which is why Ratbag calls him that.

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Drabble Information:
Pretty self-explanatory. I fill this out for all of my drabbles. *nodnod*

Drabble Number:
Drabble List Letter:
Character(s):
Time:
Place:
Notes:

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-01-2007, 10:52 AM

Drabble Number: 1
Drabble List Letter: T
Character(s): Aria de l'Eonan
Time: Afternoon, spring
Place: Castle Courtyard
Notes: I was tired when I wrote this. :P

~~~~~~~~~

"A perfect day for a walk!" A young, petite maid with her black hair in a simple bun exclaimed, stretching and looking out a window after long hours of scrubbing floors. Now that she had some time off, she decided to take a little walk outside before returning inside to work on her magics studies in the musty library.

When she stepped into the green courtyard, blinking into the sunlight, she was greeted with a cool, gentle breeze that soothed her aching neck and shoulders. No one else was present, which was a bit odd, but she didn't let it bother her. Almost automatically her hands reached up to her hair and took out a few pins, letting her long hair cascade down her back like a black waterfall.

After walking around a bit, drinking in the sunlight, looking at the large collection of various blooming flowers and lush ivy, she sat underneath an apple tree and closed her eyes, listening only to her breathing and to the sounds of the leaves in the calm breeze. So peaceful... so perfect. This moment... is mine...

She let her head fall to her shoulder as she dozed off, and began to dream.

At least, it should have been a dream.

"Hey! Wake up!" A hand grabbed her shoulder, shaking her hard and yelling.

"Huh? Wha?" muttered Aria, disturbed from her sleep. She blinked and looked up at who had so rudely awoken her.

She screamed and tried to crawl away.

He was a tall man, and well built too, with a mess of brown hair on his head and thick eyebrows over amber eyes that glared at her. His muscular arms were folded across his broad chest.

But that didn't make her scream. What made her scream was that he was completely green, and completely naked.

"Oh, relax! I'm not going to hurt you." he said, rolling his eyes.

Aria was still stunned"You're green! And - "

"What, nude?" He rolled his eyes again. "We don't have clothes, stupid."

"I - I do!"

"You're human. I'm the tree. Simple."

".... Oh." she muttered, not knowing what else to say. Then she got annoyed. "Well, what do you think you're doing, waking me up like that? I was enjoying myself. You don't have to be so rude!"

"Hey, you were sleeping against me! Can't you see I've got things to do, places to go?" (Aria wondered suspiciously how exactly he was going to do that, being a tree.) "Besides, I didn't wake you up. This is a dream. Oh, and I wanted to remind you, you slept through your study time. It's time for your magics lesson!"

And she woke up with a gasp. She looked around a bit. No green man. She was alone.

With another gasp, she remembered the dream, and ran back inside.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-01-2007, 06:57 PM

Yay! I'm glad you're finally getting this started!

Ooh. Let me know if you need me to delete this post btw.

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-01-2007, 08:11 PM

No need to delete anything, seripha. :)

Let me know what you think of this first story. :o

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-01-2007, 09:29 PM

That's an awesome story Jac. xD I saw green skin and instantly thought of the giant green giant. xD

I look forward to seeing more of your work. ^-^

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-01-2007, 10:25 PM

I totally thought of the green giant as well. Green beans and corn! :D

It's a cute story. I like it :)

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 04:03 AM

Yeah, that popped into my head too. ^^' I'm glad you both enjoy it! :o

snow_kittin
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-08-2007, 03:27 AM

Actually, green guy reminded me of DBZ. This was an amusing piece. I definitely think a naked green guy would freak me out.

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-10-2007, 10:18 PM

Drabble Number: 2
Drabble List Letter: K
Character(s): Ratbag
Time: day, noon-ish
Place: Erios slums, some random alley
Notes: I haven't done one of these in a while, so here we go... Based off of something I read in a Discworld book... Ratbag is faced with a moral dilemma... What will he do?

Ratbag stalked the alleys casually, stomache rumbling at him. He hadn't eaten since yesterday, at about the same time, and an empty stomache was annoying.

Usually, he was always full, healthy and content, albeit dirty - but no one really cared about that anyway. But today his local restaurant had decided to empty its large, always overflowing dustbin. So there was no food for Ratbag today, or last night even.

True, as a cat this should have been no problem. And at one time, when he still saw the world in comforting black-and-white and only spoke in cat (which mostly consisted of screaming and growling), this was no problem.

Suddenly, he spotted some movement, and halted, hiding behind a box. It was a small grey mouse..

All he had to do was remember how to be a cat...

Claws extended, he leapt.

"SQUEAK!" the mouse squeaked in horror.

He captured the little creature in his paws, claws extended to keep it from going anywhere. He hadn't even hurt it! He sighed. This new human mind of his was going to kill him.

The cat cleared his throat, and he spoke to the mouse.

"Well... I know you're like... a mouse an' all, but.. Shuppose you got caught in dat shpell like me, an' den I ain't the only one Changed. Sho, I guessh, bein' still a cat an' all, I should only eat thoshe who didn' change? 'Cause lots o' dem humansh do dat, an' I need meat more dan dem.

"Sho, my point ish, if you can schpeak, I'll let you go on your merry way. Jusht one word other den 'squeak."

"SQUEAK!" squeaked the mouse again.

"One word? Like, 'hallo" Ratbag said, trying to be helpful.

"SQUEAK!" squeaked the mouse, unable to understand him at all.

"Fair enough." And he killed it.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-10-2007, 11:44 PM

This is a very interesting idea, and I like the style you write your drabbles in. #2 especially amused me much. Keep on with the good work ^_^

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-18-2007, 03:18 PM

Drabble Number: 3
Drabble List Letter: B
Character(s): Aria de l'Eonan
Time: Evening, shortly before dinner.
Place: The Castle
Notes: none

"Water to rain, rain to thunder, thunder to fire..." Aria chanted slowly, practicing the words with pure dedication. She wanted to be a good mage, and nothing would stop her. Nothing! She was going to -

"Keep stirring the stew, Aria," the exasperated voice of the kitchen manager said behind her, waking her from her thoughts and returning her to the kitchen.

"Oh, yeah..." She said a little distantly, and stirred. The only problem was balance - yes, power was one thing, but it had only landed her in trouble. She needed balance. Hmm.. Maybe she could practice that now!

She knew about one spell that exercised the balance of the mind that would work here, and decided to do it. It couldn't be that hard, could it? And she needed the practice anyway.

Checking over her shoulder quickly to make sure the manager wasn't paying attention to her, she grabbed a small cup and quickly filled it with some drinking water. Then, setting it on the counter, she gripped the stirring spoon with one hand and touched the cup with the other.

Balance. Balance was the key. She breathed slowly and deeply, concentrating on the heat of the pot. And, slowly but surely, she guided some of the heat from the pot up the spoon. Slowly, the pure heat traveled up her arm, and she guided it down into the cup.

Soon, the cup began to simmer and steam, and when she noticed the bubbles she laughed in delight. The laugh was short-lived as she forgot the spell for only an instant.
"Ow!" she yelled, flinging both cup and pot away and making a mess.

"Aria!"

She sighed. "I'll grab the soap-bucket."

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-18-2007, 10:16 PM

Hahaha poor Aria. I wish she could get one potion down right >.<

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-28-2007, 08:39 AM

Drabble Number: 4
Drabble List Letter: C
Character(s): Ratbag
Time: day
Place: a random alley in Erios
Notes: This was when he started to change, and he started to get a more human mind.

As the old, scraggly tom cat walked along the streets, he realized something that had never really happened before.

He had no idea where he was.

He vaguely remembered instinctively knowing where everying was, at least where everything was that was important to him - the memory seemed only a shadow now, though.

He figured that he should ask someone where he was, and how to get back to.. to... to what? Home? He never had a home.

But talking to someone was a start. Perhaps another cat was going through this too. Maybe this was all normal, in some insane way.

So he trotted down an alley, where he heard something fishing around in a trash can. He sat before it, just waiting patiently, until a thin, dirty female cat jumped out, an old, dead fish in her mouth.

Eyeing him suspiscously, she walked around him once, and then headed away. He followed, and decided now would be a good time to talk.

"Uh, h'exshcushe meh, madame-" he began, but was cut off by her surprised hiss.

"Do you know-" he tried again, but she just ran away. Ratbag sighed and followed at a run, catching up to her and running alongside.

"Sho.. um, where are we going?" This was met with a scratch across the face.

He stopped running and let her run off, bewildered. "What'sh happening?"