Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Noir Kalenthiel Send a message via Yahoo to Noir Kalenthiel

Old 05-08-2007, 08:24 AM

Introduction
  • Heya all! Well looking around and especially being pulled in by Jitsumi's drabble thread, I proposed a shared thread with my good friend and partner in crime, Bippy... since I know just how lazy I can be and she tends to know how to motivate me.

Not only that, this is going to be drabbles from our shared story The Black, a story that we and another IRL friend have been working on for nearing ten years now.

Some of the drabbles will be by our friend Tentva... who we can hopefully convince to join us on Menewsha.....

Just a note, I borrowed the layout from Jitsumi1221 so just making a nod to her, because I don't want to seem like I am stealing her work.

Warning! Most of our drabbles will most likely not be very drabble-like... I find it hard to write very short things, so what you'll see in here will tend to be a bit more complex...

Some will be humorous, but there are some that will be grim and dark as the story we are writing from is a very mature, dark and complex story dealing with some adult themes (ie. Torture, death, slavery, etc.) Please be warned about this.

Rules
  • • Please do not steal any of these characters. These characters have been fleshed out with our sweat and tears for years now and each one is like a child to us. And again, don't steal our story ideas. Use your own damn imagination.

• Please, only constructive criticism. We would love suggestions on how to improve our writing, but really, flames will only serve to provoke me, the Alaskan Bitch, into trying to gnaw your head off. Please help to keep me from staining the thread with blood. *grins*

• Enjoy yourself! Everyone is free to post in the thread. We enjoy chatting with people, but please no leet speak or anything like that. We like intelligent conversation.

Table of Contents
  • • Introduction and Rules
    • Black Explaination
    • Characters
    • Drabble List
    • Call For Art and Links

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 08:33 AM

Explaination

The Black is a story based in the world of Sente (which is oddly enough shaped somewhat like a foot.) In Sente the Gods, an "unusual" bunch of divines who like to convince themselves their constant meddling in the natural order is OK control the workings of the continent.
Within Sente there is a race of people known as Changlings, these Changlings are divinely cursed to die after having sex. One Changling is destined to break this curse and ultimately become a God himself, purifying the land of Sente...that is if he doesn't die fulfiling a royal duty to protect a princess destined to be a goddess!
Mystery! Peril! Humor! Love! Drunken dances around the fire! All this and more in....THE BLACK

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 08:57 AM

Character List!

Black:Black is the main character, a Changling he's been from birth, destined to save the world and put order back into Sente. He's a bit of a goofball, but extremely loving and friendly. He splits his time between living with his family and keeping the peace, and serving the Blacksong Empire being the protectorate of the Princess Sky.

Sky:Sky is a princess, divinely created and born the only heir of the Blacksong Empire. She's destined to succeed her real mother as Goddess of the Moon, but so far she's enjoying her life as a mortal princess and dragging Black around the Empire. She can be a bit of a twit at times and is stubborn as all get up, but shes overall a very nice person with a wisdom beyond her years.

Charden: Charden is Blacks older half-brother. Also a Changling, he prefers to spend his time amid knowledge. As a talented mage he practically lives in the continents library, honing his skills. Opposite of his brother he is more serious, dry, and sarcastic. He too is looking for a way to break the curse of the Changlings but through different avenues than his Brother. He also carries a wicked bitter streak for the Gods, one Goddess in specifics.

Lita: or Verilita in polite circles is the Goddess of creation and destruction on Sente. Not like anyone notices anymore, since the creation of the Changlings she was removed from the pantheon and spends most of her time now smoking, drinking, and otherwise binging on unhealthy practices in an effort to make herself feel better. A friend of Black and Charden's mother she enjoys hanging around the brothers and has somewhat of a crush on Charden. Tends to be a bit of a dim bulb but is truely the only one in all of Sente who really knows whats going on.

Sententva: Tentva is Black's trusted battle steed. A horse of great magnitude he is trusty and loyal. Raised by cattle however he is unable to make normal horse noises and instead moos constantly. Tentva is also proof in reincarnation, coming back in various animal forms after each death.

Mia: Goddess of Time, Mia is your normal blind seer. She is the one who prophesised the fight between the Destroyer and the Man who would save the world (AKA Black) She tends to meddle when she shouldn't and tends to ride kind of high on the horse. She treats most around her as below her and thinks she is always right. Her one redeeming quality is her unequaled wisom and insight.

Thunder: The main villian of the story. Thunder is a mage who is attempting to capture all the Changlings and use their blood in order to take over the Gods and rule Sente as a violent and blood thirsty dictator. His use of magic is insane, as his practices of torture and manipulation. Through the use of said magics he is practically immortal, and due to a "mistake" in his creation he cannot be killed by the Gods. Very ego-maniacal and uses women like most people use toothpaste.

Ebony: Goddess of Betrayl and Deciet, perhaps the true villian working behind the scenes of the story weaving her webs. She wants to take revenge on the God's for her punishment after a failed coup. Uses Thunder as a personal puppet and sexual toy, in fact was the one to botch up his creation and start the whole damn debaccule anyway.

Karnaten : God of the Sun and a very dominating force indeed. He thinks only for what he thinks is good for the Gods, letting Sente for the most part rot. Hates his eldest daughter Lita for creating the Changlings. Loves only his youngest Sky and his wife Chandra.

Selene: Black and Charden's mother. A literal saint who does anything for her children, blood and adopted. A skilled herbal witch she spends most of her time in her village hut doing good. She is most often seen making pies, for which she is famous for.

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Noir Kalenthiel Send a message via Yahoo to Noir Kalenthiel

Old 05-08-2007, 08:57 AM

Drabble List

Originally from from Aliena's thread, which can be found here, but taken via Jitsumi's thread which can be found here.

1. Morning
2. Noon
3. Afternoon
4. Twilight
5. Midnight Bippy//Pg 3
6. Winter Noir//Pg 3
7. Spring Bippy//Pg 2
8. Summer
9. Autumn
10. Seasons
11. Minutes
12. Hours
13. Days
14. Months
15. Years
16. Red Noir//Pg 2
17. Orange
18. Yellow
19. Green
20. Blue
21. Violet
22. Pink Bippy//Pg 2
23. Black
24. White
25. Gray
26. Rainbow
27. Colorless
28. Too big
29. Too small
30. Just right
31. Fire
32. Water
33. Wood
34. Metal
35. Earth
36. Air
37. Sun Bippy//Pg 3
38. Moon Bippy//Pg 4
39. Stars
40. Planet
41. Sunshine
42. Clouds
43. Rain
44. Lightning Bippy//Pg 3
45. Snow Noir//Pg 1
46. Laughter
47. Love
48. Tears
49. Fury Noir//Pg 2
50. Despair Noir//Pg 1
51. Smiles Bippy//Pg 3
52. Determination Noir//Pg 1
53. Content
54. Hello
55. Good-bye
56. Breakfast
57. Lunch
58. Dinner
59. Tea
60. Snack
61. Sight
62. Sound
63. Scent
64. Touch
65. Taste Tentva//Pg 1
66. Past Bippy//Pg 1
67. Present
68. Future
69. Forever
70. Never
71. Bedroom
72. Kitchen
73. Garden
74. Bath Bippy//Pg 1
75. Balcony
76. Promises
77. Regrets
78. Hopes
79. Dreams
80. Thoughts
81. Boy Bippy//Pg 3
82. Girl
83. Man
84. Woman
85. People
86. Friends Bippy//Pg 2
87. Teammates
88. Lovers
89. Rivals
90. Enemies
91. Prophecies Noir and Tentva//Pg 1
92. Destinies
93. Healing
94. Beauty
95. Betrayal
96. Growing
97. Intelligence
98. Skill
99. Waiting Noir//Pg 2
100. Innocence

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 08:58 AM

Call for Art
  • For all these characters, we are always on the prowl for art. If you feel like doing art for any of these characters, PM myself and I can give you refs for them. Some do not have actual picture refs, but a few do.

Thank you!

Links

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 09:25 AM

#50 Despair - Black End Game
  • Characters: Blackie, Ebony, and Sky

He could feel his heart stop for a moment, his sword still brought to bear to the slim neck of the betrayer goddess, Ebony. He didn't quite understand what had made him feel so torn in an instant of triumph over the backhanded goddess that had created the monster known as Thunder.

And yet through all of the confusion of his disquieted mind, a part of him that had slept for so many years beneath the locks of time itself, the part of his heart that he had thought he had lost when Amber was lost so many ages ago, awoke, screaming out it's misery.

And he brought his hands to his ears allowing Ebony her room, backing away, groaning and whining like a heavily injured wolf. Blackie didn't understand it, but the voice kept screaming at him like a dam had broken inside himself and had released every single demon that had ever haunted his life. Amber's death, first and foremost. The pre-birth. The changelings dancing to their own dance dirge of death. Sam Bearclaw's sacrifice to allow him to escape Thunder's grasp. Ne'toma and Destiny, lost in that fire so long ago when his journey was just beginning.

Blackie fought with the voices of despair that fought for attention in his mind. They drug him through the memory of every friend of his that had ever died, the pain of the memories, the loneliness when he decided to forever be alone until he found the one person who would never leave him alone. Ah, so alone!

That was his true fear. That blank space of changeling death, being so alone, no one to be comforted by. And yet, why was he so alone now? He could feel it in the very base of his soul, that he was finally, completely alone, abandoned in the world with no one to support him, to keep him from Thunder's grasp, the hand that the evil man had over his heart. He had never felt this way before and now the pain was agonizing, forcing him to his knees.

Yet, in all the chaos, once voice screamed clearer than the rest, a bright dream-like picture coming to his eyes, clear as day. It was a silver haired, bright eyed little girl, looking over her shoulder at him for approval. A gangly, auburn haired teenager, asking him to teach her how to dance. A slim and elegant young woman, weaving a spell and winking at him across a crowded room filled with courtiers. A tired, yet beautiful woman, being picked up out of the snow, before she froze, then looking over battle maps, telling him to head home and rest himself. A gentle mother, peacefully nurturing her children.

Sky.

Blackie reached out to her, her eyes gazing across the room, not seeing Ebony, going straight through him, in little girl form once more, gazing over her shoulder. Blackie cried out with pain, stumbling to his feet, fighting his way over to her, his hand over his heart hole feeling something beat in there, sending jolts of pain through his body.

"Blackie?" He heard the vision say, clearly, banishing all the other voices, as her ghostly white wings came out of her back fully, "What is eternity?"

Blackie choked on his tears and groaned long and deep, and then he knew.

The vision shattered into a million pieces and was followed by a long scream, from a voice he barely recognized as his own as he collapsed to the floor.

Sky had been taken away from him. He was totally alone in the world now.

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 09:30 AM

#91 Prophecies - Intro (Co-written by Tentva and Noir)
  • Characters: Mia (Myathi), Blackie (Sententva in pre-birth), Thunder, Sky (Kesara), Charden, Sententva

Every great story starts with a beginning. You have your ‘in the beginning’ stories and your ‘once upon a time’ stories. Sometime you even get a beginning that is kind of vague, but it’s there. Truly it is. But have you ever wondered what it was that happening before the curtain rose? The pre-beginning as it was.

Some would argue that this was just another type of beginning, but really, in our story, we start before the very birth of our protagonists. For in our realm, there exists a pre-birth.

Just as a mother must weave a body of her womb, so must I weave their soul. I, and my two other assistants, weave the sweet threads of life and soothe the new soul, allowing it to play in our preworld until the mother has prepared the body. Then with a gentle nudge, body and soul are combined, then birthed. Most children wait no longer than a few months, rarely longer than a year.

We all have seen it happen. It really is nothing new.

But for I, Myathi, goddess of time and destiny, it is a strange thing. As of late, many children do not find their bodies and are lost in the transition, even more return to the waiting ground baring strange marks or so racked with pain they had to be soothed in a goddesses arms. The goddess of midwives has approached me many times, telling me of the deformities of these stillborn children. Who could have put such a curse on the peoples of Sente?

There were four souls who never seemed to find their bodies, no matter how many we sent them too, or what being would birth them. One such child, Sententva, a name meaning “Brother and Protector To All The World” the many attempts had taken their toll. He was a small child, dark and deep, but held a special power within. He bore kind eyes and an aura that seemed to pull in the light from around him, but a fear of others. I had seen him before with the other children in the boy waiting grounds. He was often pestered and abused, being beaten or fighting with children. We had taken to secluding him, but he often found a way to slip past our guard. I could find no body for him, the hearts of the children his soul found would burst as he pressed into them.

He had found someone he felt he could trust, though. A Second soul that would not pass into life. Thundasena.

Thunder, as he preferred to be called, was as light as Sententva was dark. And yet, as the light surrounded him, he also seemed to be cloaked in shadow - much like Sententva in that aspect. The child was cruel, sadistic, and had somehow won the trust of the darker boy. The collar that Sententva wore, a spiked thing that tore into his neck, he wore with pride, for it was a thing he had received from his only friend. Thundasena often used the collar as a game for he and his friends, tripping on the long, firm leash to make the child cry out. As the others would laugh and mock the boy, Thunder would always bend and stroke back the dark hair and whisper false apologies. Alas, Thunder could be charming. I could give him that. The child Thunder was charismatic and had everyone under his thumb, from Ebony down to Karneten.

Never have I ben so confused by my looms. Both children, Sententva and Thundasena, had been woven in little under an hour, on the same loom, by Cansoonsa, the pre-world guardian. It was as if all the hate and confidence and pride and immorality had been poured into the white thread of Thundasena, leaving only the doubt, pain, fear and responsibility to the quiet Sententva.

The third “waiting child” as we call them, is one to which our great sun god Karneten, has taken quite a shining to. She was a mistake, really. My hand had reached for the grey of sorrow and pulled forth a silver shuttle I had never before seen. It was too late to unweave the thread, so I continued my work until I pulled forth the silver haired, midnight blue eyed child who now roamed the woman’s waiting grounds under the name Kesara or “Light of Above”. She was as lovely as she was beautiful and played amongst the children to be sent. She was offered body after body but turned them away with sad eyes. I asked her why she didn’t with to go and she told me truthfully “These are not my bodies. Mine will be as I am, with silver hair and dark blue eyes, and I will be surrounded by those that will always love me.” I feel she is right, I already know of her destiny, but I must never tell the others.

It was not uncommon to see the small girl playing with Karneten. It seemed that we had all been drawn to our different pre-world children lately. Karneten and his wife, Chandra, had both gathered to the silver haired girl. Ebony had flocked to the Thunder child, I had selected a tiny dragon soul as my avatar, and even Tarsensa, god of war, had been seen looking over the different children, a thoughtful glimmer to his eye.

The fourth and final child was still unnamed, but quiet enough so as not to bother anyone. He was watchful and although his personality had formed, his race had not. Some days you would pass and he would stand as a horse, or a duck, once even a squirrel. Rarely would he stand as a man, and when he did, he looked confused as to what to do with himself. I do not remember who wove this child, only that he had never been able to stay long in his bodies before some accident befell him and he returned to us.

Lately, I am beginning to see a fifth child trapped in the pattern. He will be a changling, I see it already in his ever-morphing shadow. Stern and stubborn the small child is, angered that he cannot be in a body, traveling the world, learning of it’s ways and people. He does not know of the doors that will be slammed before him or the danger that will follow behind due to his blood, his poison green eyes and the call of his people. He knows not yet that he will never be able to hold his child nor will he take his wedding bed more than once. He will forever live and wait to die, and pray daily for Karneten’s forgiveness. He has waited now for twenty-five years, and I have taken to calling him Chardendera or “One Who Seeks Forever”.

I have found him a good changling body though, they become rarer and rarer as time goes on, for this breed is dying out. Changling mothers who can bear morphing offspring are disappearing the land over. I was worried for a time that maybe the earth was punishing us, the gods, the people, for their hatred of the changlings, but even they were not spared. The unthinkable befell one changling mother; she and her child did not survive her mate’s sacrifice.

The only thing we had to go on was a prophecy that I, Myathi of Time, had made as Thundasena and Sententva stepped into the pre-birth off the looms.

A force greater than the gods will play a game
    And birth to the land two children of color
    And these shall be it’s champions.
    On the land they will grow fat with power
    Ripe with wisdom
    And heavy with need
    They will love and hurt
    Stand among kings and upon them
    Create their own following
    And lead charge against each other,
    And there will be a great storm in the heavens
    One that will swallow even the greatest of gods
    And A grand Betrayer of all things will bring
    The reign of the new Sun.
    His Evil will be hidden
    By the color of his Aura
    and though he wears many faces,
    this final one will bring down the heavens
    shatter the earth
    and doom man.
    He will be hated by man in life,
    And carry an unmistakable sign
    And when the dark knight rises to battle again,
    So too comes the death of us all.

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 AM

#65 Taste - Chardendera (Written by Tentva)
  • Characters: Selene, Charden's father (minor char. Chardendera the First), Mia (Myathi/The Narrator)

Charden would be the first to leave me, his dark eyes curious as they looked down into his humble home. I knew prayed this body would be strong enough for him, as his mother was one of the purest-bloods left the changeling race.

Selene herself had been born of a changeling father to a ¼ blood mother, and she held all the changeling’s most powerful traits; a knack for magic, deep green eyes, long black hair and an overprotective and motherly nature. She was no pushover, and was known throughout her community as what she was, but whereas in most villages, she would have been chased away and rejected, here she was treated with a mild acceptance. She was not followed as she made her rounds, nor did they whisper about her in the shops, to them, Selene was no more than another woman with an ailing husband in times of war.

Charden’s father, who he had been named after, was a good scholar and fine mage. He was the sort who never took to the sun for fear of upsetting Karneten. Only with Selene’s most urgent pleas would the man leave before night fall, but now, as his people’s curse wasted him, Chardendara found himself out on the porch more often, staring over the smaller animals that passed and wondering why he must go as he would.

He had fallen into Silence these last few days, not wanting to upset his growing wife. He would turn to dust, much as his fathers had before him, and Selene would bear him a child. Closing his eyes in basking in the light, he prayed for a daughter to walk this earth, but knew better than to pray she be human.

“You look better today.” Selene told him quietly, taking a pie from her oven and cooling it on the porch rail.

Gently, Chardendara the first laid out his hand and rested it on Selene’s barely rounded belly. “I cannot taste it.” He nodded to the pie. “Those wonderful pies, my love, even if I cannot taste them, they bring such joy to all.”

Selene looked to the porch and shook her head. “I knew I was in trouble when you appeared on the porch with that bundle of books, rain soaked and looking for some warmth. I caught you with my pie, made you work off your debt. I think, by now, you may have repaid it.” When it had cooled, Selene gently sliced and lay a piece to plate upon her husbands lap. “You can still feel the warmth of it? Or the texture?”

He shook his head and mutely put the pie to his mouth, smiling softly. His sight had left him only moments before, it had been flickering in and out like a candle for days, but now, in the dark, moving his mouth around the flavorless ambrosia, he knew he was near his end. “I should move to the bed.”

I had to look away then, we promised the changelings, swore to them, their death was their own.

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 09:54 AM

#45 Snow - From the Journal
  • Characters: Sky, Blackie, Thunder (in passing mention)

((AN: This is an extremely old drabble. Some of the drabbles in this thread are old, but this one is even more so. This was written near the beginning of the time we started writing the Black.))

I walk through the forest silently, trying to remember if I had been here before. The ground and the trees are dressed in the finest of white snow, yet it is strangely warm here even as it crunches under my feet.

All I know is my name. HE said it when we were in the tavern together, a chance meeting with a soldier from my unknown past. HE called me a princess, his princess. The Princess Kesara Sky Blacksong, the lost heiress to the beautiful northern empire and the future empress to the Blacksong Empire, built from strive and war by the mighty Tokai Blacksong more than six hundred years ago.

I couldn't even begin to believe it. Sure, I had lost my memory when I was young, making me take on the role of Cat'thya T'kaani, a powerful clan mage in her own right. But while I thought, my mind went to the man in black with the long white hair. Such a cruel man, killing my daughter by him, the way he did.

She was just an infant! A newborn! Ah, my sweet Ikari, how I miss you. Damn him and his little sniveling pet Cartath'en anyway.

Strange, I couldn't remember my white-haired husband's name, but then again, I didn't remember much. I wasn't even sure of my age of twenty-five years.

Who am I?

Who was I?

No answers come to me, and I drop to the snow, the coldness dripping into my numbed veins. Only to feel myself being picked up gently and carried back to the inn. I know this feeling, for some reason, but it's too vague.

I look up into the face of the man who carries me and see HIM, the soldier who knew my past. The man that made me feel warm inside and loved. Made me feel like I had finally arrived home. The person I loved with all my heart and soul across time itself.

Black Blackeye.

For some reason the snow only felt warm then.

~From the Journal of Moon Goddess Kesara Sky Blacksong-Blackeye

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 09:55 AM

Yay! Got all those posted..... Now Bippy needs to post something. *chuckles*

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 12:10 PM

#52 Determination - Gryphon Library
  • Characters: Charden, Karneten, and Lita

Charden was never much like his brother. While his brother would be outside, working in the form of a draft horse, happily tilling fields for mortal humans who would never accept the cursed being, Charden was more at home in the quiet embrace of dark alcoves in the massive libraries of Sente. The smell of books and age always seemed to soothe his bitterness at the lot he had been handed in life.

But even with his bitterness soothed, he always remembered that he had a purpose. A purpose that he strove with every cell of his being to fulfill, to change the course of destiny for all of his pathetic cursed race and to break the changeling chains of bondage to Karneten. To be free of this insidious curse on the male lines of changelings before they were all lost to the feral Dance.

Before they were cursed, changelings happened to be the favored race of the gods; powerful beings that could shift from shape to shape, embued with the very essence of Sente's magic, that could stand proud in any of Sente's bountiful animal forms from the smallest mouse to the mightest of dragons. Then Karneten cursed the race for the sins of the first changeling.

And the sin of that changeling?

Love.

The first changeling had loved the innocent daughter of Karneten, a goddess who was the very essence of love, Epona. And much to the misfortune of the changeling race, Epona happened to love him in return.

Together they laid, as man and woman tend to, and in doing so, Epona had been transformed into a goddess of lust, her appetite for carnal pleasures seemingly forever unsatisfied.

Horrified, Karneten had smote the entire changeling race, cursing those male changelings that had tasted the pleasures of the flesh to die soon after of a terrible wasting disease.

Charden, well versed in these tales of old sought to break this curse. He fought to bring an end to the suffering his people had to go through at the mercy of the unyeilding and unforgiving hand of the sun god. Burning with his determination, Charden would forgo sleep and food sometimes for months at a time, buried in stacks of tomes, feverishly reading and plotting, miles of parchment stacked beside him in dusty piles with helter-skelter notes written in a shaking yet elegant hand.

Than at times he would be in the magical labs within the great mage study, Gryphon Library, chemicals brewing before him with failure upon failure in attempts to create a cure to the wasting disease.

Many of his own kind thought the young changeling mad. Thought that his very research thumbed his nose at the gods who would smite all the remaining changelings in anger over Charden's impudence. And so, to many, Charden was a pariah.

Even then, Charden toiled on.

It had been a century, all told, since Charden had entered the hallowed halls of the Gryphon Library when Lita came to visit. In that century, no one had seen hide nor hair of Charden besides for the old monks who were the guardians and caretakers of the vast repository of knowledge.

Lita came in like a whirlwind of chaos, with her ever following cloud of smoke billowing from the cigarette that hung haphazardly out the corner of her mouth. Hanging limply from her hand, in almost antithesis to the woman who held it, was a beat up rag of a pillow that boasted pot holders for hands, socks for feet, and buttons for eyes.

She walked in confidently, like she owned the place, weaving her way around monks, not stopping, boot heels clicking on ancient tiles as she walked further and further into the dark recesses of the library. The rag of a pillow swayed as she swug her arms in an almost childlike manner as she marched to her destination.

The monks whom had not taken vows of silence began to whisper in hushed voices scuttling around like gossiping aunties trying to get a better look on the woman who seemed to be on a personal mission, only to fall silent as Lita plopped down with a rather flamboyant lack of decorum directly in front of Charden. Without a word, she threw her lit cigarette directly onto Charden's notes, the hot ember of tobacco burning into the parchment.

"Well hello there, stranger," Lita started out in a low drawl, "I have no idea what you have been doing for the last century or so, but it's been boring, so pack up. We're heading on a little trip and I will not take no for an answer. I am determined that you get some damn sunlight, pretty boy."

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 12:13 PM

I'm done for the evening.... *grins*

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 08:45 PM

#66 Past

Characters: Lita, Karnetan, Chandra
Lita sat around a campfire lazily drinking from her flask as the soldiers in Black's batallion told old war stories and legends. She had heard all the tales many times before. In fact, for many of the stories she had been present at their making. As the last man finished his tale she yawned and stretched, making it obvious she was bored. The men around her frowned deeply, regreting agreeing to let the new "mage" sit with them for the evening. "your stories are so old" she said through her fingers. "Your like kids saying the same thing over and over again for lack of new material. Don't you know anything but how the clans were made? or how the great war ended?" Several men dug for ideas but were indeed stumped by the goddess in disguise's question. Frowning she took another sip from her flask and sighed deeply. "I swear, when this war is over I am DEMANDING all soldiers have a good education as well as battle training, this is an embarsment to the entire empire." She pulled herself closer to the fire and let the warmth of the fire seep into her soaked skin. "I'll tell you some myths the empire doesn't want you to know." The promise of forbidden fruit got the soldiers attention. All of them sat upright or pulled themselves closer to the fire.
"First I'll tell you the real creation myth."

"You all the know of the three goddesses and their creation of Karnaten the great sun God right? well...when Sente was formed it was baren, just a rock. Chandra and Karnaten had no idea what to do with it, it was waste, an eyesore. This small plot of land was the topic of many an arguement between the two...and one night it gave way to violence." The men sat riveted to their seats like small boys. "They each created great amounts of energy, greater than the whole of Sente and flung them at each other in great anger. When they colided they burst into a great explosion, flinging star dust onto Sente and infusing it with the God's magic. But, that was not the only thing to come from this fight. In the void where the two had colided lay a baby." Eyes were wide and locked upon her as she told this story...the truth was really amazing. "Chandra loved this baby the moment she laid eyes on it. Karnaten on the other hand was not ready to become a father, let alone end the arguement. For three days and nights the couple aruged, and in that time the baby aged into a young child, and then an adolsent, and finally adult form. Her parents, so busy with fighting had forgotten to name her so she traveled the dark abyss to Sente and walking the baren earth named herself Verilita, which means lost one. A few of the men made noises of discomfort, a few made the sign of protection, for many in the Clans Lita was a demon witch."She was extremely small compared to the divine in the heavens and what was little more than a plot of land to the Gods, was a vast world to her." A few of the men began to lose intrest as she went on, talk of Verilita was often done in whispers, and for many talk of her was hereasy. Lita ignored those few and continued on.
"To stem her fathers anger, Verilita used the power infused within both her and the earth; she turned it into a lush garden full of green plantlife and flowers all the colors of the rainbows. She then filed it with birds of song, and animals. Finally she created from river clay caretakers for the garden which she formed in the images of her mother and father, but her size. These clay dolls became humans, and from that the Goddesses of your people formed the clans. But, Verilita was not a being of order, and through her quickness to please her family forgot to capture chaos. Which is why things in Sente are for the most part OK but we still have disasters and wars and such. Cool story huh?"

The men were speechless. "You mean Chandra didn't create us?" She narrowed her eyes and lit a cigerette. "Of course not you idiots, did you really think that neat freak would want to touch the mud your kind is made from? animals were made of topsoil and rainwater, but humans were made from mud...it baked easier....now to go bed and be ready to fight. If you live through the day you will hear another tale."

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 08:54 PM

#74 Bath

Characters Black, Sky, Lita

Lita stared out the window and sighed. She had traveled to the Empire to be at Black's side but was now running after the infant heir as a human servant. She tucked a lock of crimson hair behind her ear and watched as the guards practiced in the courtyard below. Black stood off to one side ocasionaly directing one of the younger boys in how to handle his sword, or a better manner in blocking. Lita wished she could be down there instead of high in the tower waiting for the princess to be finished with her bath. She then let her eyes drift over to the stables where Tentva was likely relaxing, munching on hay and being groomed by diligent stable hands. "I wish I could go riding" she mumbled. "I'm tired of running after this silver haired brat." She then heard a loud splash and the screams of the other maids. Dusting her hands on her dull brown dress she made her way into the bathroom.

"Is there a problem?" The maid held a drenched towel and was driping with water. The toddler princess held her arms up high and laughed; a small wooden bucket floated on the waters surface. "Ah, I see." Lita nodded and dismissed the maid. She rolled her eyes and grabbed another towel. "Ok princess, up!" Sky smiled and splashed some more, getting Lita lightly wet. She shook her head and held out the towel. "Come on, if your good we'll sneak off to the gardens so you can pick flowers ok?" Sky seemed to think about this a moment before crawling out of the bath and wrapping up in the fluffy towel. "Thats a good girl." Lita grabbed another towel and began drying Sky's hair. "Wita?" Sky asked in her lisp. "What princess?" Lita dropped the towel and moved into the next room, grabbing a pair of undergarments hanging off a chair back. Sky followed her into the room still dripping water. "Why do you always wook out of da window like dat?" Lita finished drying Sky and then instructed her to hold up her arms. "It's a nice day out, why wouldn't I look outside?" She pulled the undergarmets on Sky and then made her way to a large closet. "Well, why do you always wook at the guards fighting?" Lita smiled as she picked a light blue morning gown with lace trim. She held the dress for Sky to see and the princess smiled in approval. "Well, I wasn't always a servant princess." Sky held her arms up and let Lita finish dressing her. "No, Bwackie says you are like a mage...only weawy stwong!" Lita cocked a brow and began brushing the princesses hair. "Really now?" Sky nodded. Several moments passed in silence before Lita coughed and eyed the window. "Well then, perhaps instead of visiting the garden we shall visit the courtyard and have words with Bwackie then..."

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 05-08-2007, 09:05 PM

ooo those are lovely Noir and Bippy *cheers* im going to be stalking this to read everytime you all put up something new to read <3 *claps excited* haha really made me laugh reading your short char descriptions

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 10:10 PM

*glomps Jitsu* Hiya! Thank you so much. Bippy did all the char descriptions, so that is her own brand of humor there, which I think greatly gives the good stuff with the obvious faults each character has.....

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2007, 11:00 PM

#16 Red - First Impressions
  • Characters: Sky, Blackie, Lita, Epona (Minor Character)

Wiping the tears from her face, Sky rolled her shoulders back and walked across the bridge away from Blackie, her floor length hair swaying back and forth as she walked forward, not looking back. She knew if she looked back at Blackie's devistated face she would never be able to continue on and fulfil her destiny to be the Moon Goddess her divine mother would be training her to be. Midnight blue eyes closed for a second before opening, filled with determination.

Striding forward purposefully into the old worn temple covered in ivy, Sky made her way to the altar, which was, as always, bathed in cool silver light. Seated on the stairs before the altar, making Sky take a quick step back in surprise, was Lita, with a tremendous scowl upon her face, her red curly hair swirling about her like a living being in a temper. She was sipping away at the silver hip flask that was always present like there was no tomorrow, cigarette glowing from the other hand.

"L-lita! What are you doing here!" Sky stuttered, looking at the ill tempered warrior-servant that had always followed her and Blackie arround when she was younger.

"Ah, I guess mom didn't tell ya, did she?" Lita took a quick puff of her cigarette before putting it out on the altar almost contemptously, snorting. "Figures. So let me reintroduce myself. Veralita, goddess of creation and destruction, first child of Karneten and Chandra, and your big sister. Fun times, eh?"

"You're a goddess?" Sky looked over her 'sister' with a skeptical eye, remembering all the blackmail material she had on the woman, disbelieving any goddess could act like that in public.

"Yeah, yeah I know it is hard to believe," Lita muttered, growling slightly under her breath as she unfolded her sight form from the stairs and stood holding out her hand to Sky, "still, I have to be the person to take ya up to the divine realms, as evryone else, except for Velige, is too chicken shit to actually set their oh so divine feet on cold hard earth."

Reluctantly, Sky stepped forward and grasped the offered hand, her heart starting to pound in her chest as Lita tightened her grip around the small hand and dragged the taller woman forward to the altar as her red hair billowed around the two in the sudden gust of wind.

The wind increased in speed the nearer they got to the altar, until Sky was forced to close her eyes to the harsh winds and just follow the tugging. Tripping slightly over her own feet, she crashed into Lita and fell backwards onto her backside.

And as suddenly as the wind had started, it vanished and Sky threw her eyes open only to see red. Red painted walls, red mist, red panels of see through fabic hanging from the ceiling in billowing waves. Turning to find Lita, she watched as the smaller woman heaved a huge sigh.

"Of course, that exit had to be right in the middle of Epona's layer. What a hell of a first impression." Lita muttered.

Then out of nowhere, another voice came, a husky, sultry voice, followed by a extremely curvy woman scantilly clad in what had be nothing but red stings that hardly covered the essentials. The woman was darkly tanned and had dark red hair much like Lita's with dark red eyes filled with a sort of hunger.

"Oh dear, Lita! I had no idea you were going to visit today! What did you want, a blonde, a brunette? Male or female, I have quite a few fine vintages that I'd be willing to share." The woman smiled wickedly stiding over to Lita to pet the woman's arms and face.

"Not now Epona. Geez, and they wonder why I drink so much."

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2007, 04:38 AM

#49 Fury - The Male Minotaur
  • Characters: Blackie, Sky, Karneten

Of all the creatures on Sente, there was one creature that terrified all who walked the earth. Of course, it could be debated that dragons were more fearsome with their massive size and mighty powers, but truly, the most terrifying creature that lived was the lone male minotaur of Bovinn during mating season.

The ox-man stood at an intimidating eight feet of height, and was a brutal creature of blood red eyes; wickedly sharp, pitch black horns stained with blood that added another three feet to the height of this beast; sharp cloven hooves coated in the entrails of everything that had crossed his path he viewed as a challenge to his claim on his heifers (which was everything male within a mile radius); and a massive six foot tall double headed ax that was as wide as the minotaurs considerably massive back. Around the furious creature's neck was a rope that had various parts of unmentionable male anatomy strung up as a morbid necklace and a warning to all challengers.

The beast thrived on his fury, and his killing intent was palatable to any who dared to near the perpetually angry minotaur.

And as Blackie sat in a tree looking at the beast who even dragons were cautious to cross, he wondered if Sky was worth the trouble.

"Damn you, Karneten." He whispered to himself, peeking at the patrolling male, careful to keep his scent hidden and himself out of sight and sound.

In a rather annoying turn of events, the sun god had decided that in order for the changeling-turned-god to take his daughter's hand in marriage, Blackie would have to grant Karneten a boon.

"Bring me the left horn of the male minotaur, my ass." Blackie grumbled, still pondering how the hell he was supposed to accomplish this impossible task with the eight foot tall pinnacle of fury very attached to his horns and very short tempered, especially with Blackie not a hundred yards from the minotaur's closest heifer.

Suddenly there was a whisper of wind and a low flash of light as Sky appeared in the tree next to him, her moonbeam hair floating around her with new black streaks within their floor length strands. Blackie whipped around to face her, his face blanched in terror as she lifted a hand and placed it over his mouth.

Swinging into place behind him, she lowered her lips to his ear and spoke in a bare whisper, "Daddy lied to you, we had the sluffed off horns from the minotaur from the past, and all you have to do is give him one of those. Velige stole one from the vault, so come on home."

Heaving a sigh of relief, Blackie scrambled to get up, forgetting about the noise, which caught the attention of the minotaur who billowed in fury. Taking the ax from his back, the minotaur roared and rushed forward, flames in his blood red eyes.

Eyes widening, Blackie felt himself be pulled into a teleport, with the ax bare inches from his 'wedding tackle.'

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2007, 06:41 AM

#86 Friends

Characters Lita, Mr Pillow

Lita frowned, throwing another vase against the wall. Things had gone horribly wrong for her lately, then again she had no idea when she went into the whole thing with the change-child that what she was supposed to be killing was an infant. "I think thats the only time I will ever hear anyone be called a bad person for refusing to commit infanticide..." she grumbled, looking around the room for something else to throw. For her failed assination attempt on the mage Thunder she had been locked in a tower in the Divine Rhealms until seen fit otherwise. "I'm over a thousand years old how did I get 'sent to my room'?!" She wailed.

Karnaten had denied her anything of enterainment; no tabacco, no alcohol, nothing in which she could pour her creative energies into...thus why she was throwing things. When she had run out of breakable things to throw she ran a hand through her nest of red hair and threw herself onto the small bed. Face burried in the sheets she felt around for the pillow, which she planned to rip to shreds. Feeling it she flipped herself onto her back holding the pillow above her head, her fingers digging into the down batting. It was then she noticed just how ugly the pillow was...

It had she concluded at one time been white, but multiple stains and repairs with random fabric gave it a patched decorum, and the batting had balled up making the pillow horribly lumpy and not at all suited for sleeping on. Perhaps it was the boredom, perhaps it was the beginnings of insanity but Lita at that moment identified with the pillows sorry state and instead of ripping it up, hugged it to her chest. "If I'm gonna be up here for awhile I might as well have a friend to keep me company." Opening up a drawer she found a small sewing kit mercifully spared the confiscation and found two mismatched buttons, a pair of socks, some yarn, and a random blue mitten and with the smile of a child went to work.

"There! finished!" The Goddess rejoiced several hours later. Before her was perhaps the most hideous inanimate object ever created by man or God. The pillow now sported two crooked button eyes, legs made of stuffed socks, one mitten for an arm and a horribly deformed yarn smile. To top off her creature Lita had taken the remains of the yarn and sewn it to the pillow's "head" giving him a grungy, multicolored head of hair. She grinned and hugged it tight before looking it over carefully. "You need a name." she said aloud, hoping perhaps that the pillow-creature would perhaps be her muse for a name. "Ah! Perfect! I have your name good sir! You, from this moment on will be named...Mr. Pillow!"

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2007, 06:49 AM

Yes! The birth of Mr Pillow! *grins*

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 05-09-2007, 07:01 AM

*hoots of laughter* omgosh wow, blackie really did have a time of it didnt he? lordy.. what a task *snort* and so mean he (future father in law?) is to him *snort*

*glee* Mr. Pillow! he's alliiiivvvveeeee!

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2007, 08:00 AM

yeah, Black is very put upon :cry: but he's such a little trooper! I'm really glad your enjoying reading what we've written so far. This really is our literary baby and has been a labor of love for almost 10 years. Thanks so much for your support!

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2007, 08:52 PM

#22 Pink

Characters: Selene, Lita, Charden(in passing), Joseph (Minor character)

Selene held up the bridesmaid dress smiling sweetly at Lita who with a cocked brow took another drag off her cigarette. "It's a lovely dress Lita and I really want you to be at the wedding, Joseph too!" Lita nodded and glared at the dress, after another drag on her cigarette she blew the smoke into the air and looked at Selene. "'Lene, darling, sunshine, cupcake, sweetie, mom, I don't know what term of endearment we're on today its been awhile. I love you, I love you more than Karnaten loves himself, Epona loves sex...I love you more than alcohol." Selene set the dress down on the table and took a chair, she knew this would take awhile. "Uh Huh Lita, go on."

"and I love Joseph, like one loves a sibling that sometimes you just want to snap their neck like a dead branch." Lita made the hand motions of breaking a twig, the cigarette now in her mouth. "And you know I would do anything for you two, especially at this important time in your lives." Selene once again nodded, hands gracefully in her lap waiting for the other shoe to drop. "But...mom...its pink." Selene smiled warmly and stood taking the pink cotton dress into her arms. "It's a lovely color dear and all the other women are wearing it so you won't look out of sorts. Now here." Selene shoved the dress into lita's arm's causing the Goddess to almost drop her cigarette into the folds of fabric.

Lita spit the cigarette out on the wood floor and smothered it out before holding the dress to her petite frame. It wasn't an obnoxious pink, more the color of the sky at sunrise. The long sleeves and cut bodice were also somewhat pleasing. perhaps this won't look so bad afterall she thought to herself. It was about this time that Charden had come out into the main room from the study. He looked Lita over smugly and snickered. "Love the dress, did you do laundry again?" Lita narrowed her eyes and threw the dress back at Selene. "I won't wear it!" She yelled as she stomped into her room. Selene glared over at her eldest son. "And things were going so well before you opened your mouth. Just wait till you see what Joseph has you wearing."[/b]

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2007, 10:20 PM

*laughs* I think I remember that scene! *grins*

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2007, 10:27 PM

Oh btw.... Bippy, if you get time, you might want to change the number for your drabble. It's 22 not 24....