starbucks
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-08-2007, 06:46 PM

welcome
  • hello and welcome to my story/drabbles thread <3
    feel free to comment, post, give suggestions or critique! i don't bite! c:

but anyway, have fun (perhaps?) reading through anything i may have actually gotten off my lazy bum to write (: ! <3

starbucks
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-08-2007, 06:54 PM

rules
  • • feel free to critique, but be nice about it: not only am i young & have not been been writing for long but we all make mistakes and i just happen to make more than others ;]
    • please point out any spelling or grammar errors in the thread or in my drabbles
    • please don't be rude in any way
    • follow the mene rules, obviously
    • please don't advertise in my thread because it makes me feel like you only came for the publicity...

starbucks
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-08-2007, 07:08 PM

themes
  • 1. Introduction
    2. Love
    3. Light
    4. Darkness
    5. Seeking Solace
    6. Broken Wings
    7. Heaven
    8. Innocence
    9. Solitude
    10. Pain
    11. Memory
    12. Insanity
    13. Hope
    14. Smile (laughter)
    15. Silence
    16. Solitude
    17. In The Storm
    18. I Miss You
    19. Gray
    20. Touch
    21. Child
    22. Nostalgia
    23. Magic
    24. Flying
    25. Longing
    26. Tears
    27. Apologies
    28. Sorrow
    29. Happiness
    30. Under the Rain
    31. Flowers
    32. Night
    33. Healing
    34. Stars
    35. Hold My Hand
    36. Pain
    37. Eyes
    38. Abandoned
    39. Dreams
    40. In The Storm
    41. Solitude
    42. Waiting
    43. Sacrifice
    44. No Way Out
    45. Illusion
    46. Rejection
    47. Fairy Tale
    48. Swim
    49. Blackmail
    50. Relaxation

starbucks
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-08-2007, 07:19 PM

characters&storyline
  • katy ashmore
    she's a 18 year old oxford university art student who has a part-time job in starbucks.
    she has a very wealthy family, who try and persuade her to enjoy her upper-class freedom, but she likes to work there because of the interesting people and relaxed atmosphere

jamie green
    he's a 19 year old english lierature student at oxford who got in on a scholarship (he couldn't afford to pay the fee's but was extremely intelligent).
    he is a bit of a loner, and when coming to starbucks for a coffee, he meets katie

andy harding
    he's a 19 year old law student (at oxford, too) who's upper-class background causes him to be very arrogant.
    however, his charm and good looks (and perhaps bullying?) lands him as the popular rich kid and looking down severely on students like jamie.
    he has his sights set on katy, because of her good looks, intelligence and wealth and many say they were "made to be together"

starbucks
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-08-2007, 07:33 PM

introduction #1

Whiff of coffee. Flash of hazel hair. Almond eyes. Graceful willow form.
"Can I take your order please?" She smiles, not just with her lips, but with her eyes, her heart, her very soul. She smiles a smile only a goddess can. So perfect, so understanding, with such sympathy.
For she is a goddess and we could never be.
No, no. She is blessed (or is it cursed?) with a boyfriend like him.

And they are so perfect together, everybody says. She is perfect. Beautiful, intelligent, charming, witty- so we could never be.
I am nothing, compared to him. I can not choose whichever girl I wan't - although, like him, if i could i would choose her. I can not buy a new sports car every week. I do not own holiday homes in Spain, France, Barbados and Italy. But most importantly, I do not possess her heart.
He has stolen her heart like a thief in the night, and I can only sit and watch.

So I must resign to the prospect of my girlfriend either being twice my age or twice my waist!
"A frappachino, please."
I know we could never be. But for somebody whose eyes sparkle like hers when she smiles, perhaps there is no harm in dreaming... After all, sometimes dreams do come true.

starbucks
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-09-2007, 06:18 PM

eyes #37

I returned the next day. I couldn't resist it.
I just wanted to see that magical smile again... She headed over to my table when she saw me.
"Frappachino again?" she asked with a smile
I gave her a play salute, "Ay, ay captain!"
"Actually, I'm not working today. But I told my parents I was so I could escape for a hot chocolate." she explained, rolling her eyes theatrically at "escape". "Be right back" she strolled over to the counter, exchanged a few words with a cheerful-looking blonde girl before handing her some money, and came back.

"What did you order?" I asked, curious to see if she was a coffee or frappachino girl.
"Hot Chocolate and Vanilla, with Froth and Chocolate Shavings" she replied with a grin "My favourite- Oh and I got you a frappachino"
"Really!" I protested "You didn't need to!"
"No, but I wanted to get a little something for my favourite customer." That brilliant smile again.
I realized I was going red.
"Well, I guess I can't argue with that then?" I grinned in reply.

So we sat and talked over a hot drink... and I couldn't help but notice her beautiful eyes flash with different emotions- sadness, excitement, happiness, adoration, wistfulness as she talked about her pet dog, andy harding, her parents, her lack of freedom and many other subjects.

When she had finished speaking, she was breathless. "Oh!" she said in surprise, "You're the first person I've been able to talk to properly for ages, I'm sorry about the long ramble." She went red, muttering and apologizing.
"No, really, it was great to talk- you're very interesting to talk to." I smiled at her.
She looked slightly embarrassed. "Anyway, I better get home soon- my "shift" will be ending soon" She balanced the plates and cups on her arms and glided to the counter. I looked away for a second, as a Shakespeare Day Poster caught my eye, and when I looked back, she had disappeared.

I gave a sigh, and headed down the stairs which lead to the bookshop below... Had she been having a laugh or was I really her favourite customer? Perhaps I had been stupid to believe.... But no. Those perfect almond eyes just couldn't lie...