Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-16-2012, 04:37 AM

In a forest near the camp, there is a little clearing in the middle of which is a mushroom-shaped house. A barely legible menu guards the path to this clearing/ Grass grows abundantly within, along with many strange flowers and grasses. A cobblestone path leads to the house, lined with small tables and chairs.

The base of the house is surrounded by small potted plants, all nameless and exotic. The door to the house is made of a sturdy mahogany. Inside, there are two tables each surrounded by four chairs.

The dining area is separated from the kitchen by a wall and another mahogany door. There is a small wooden window from which wafts the smells of various herbs and baked goods.

Though, there is no path to the second floor, there is obviously some sort of room above this, as some footsteps can be heard.

The atmosphere is rather faerie-like, though with a hint of oppressiveness and loneliness.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 06-16-2012, 06:45 AM

Hey Alex. :)
Had no idea this was going on. Lol

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-16-2012, 06:52 AM

{{*points to my signature*}}

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 06-16-2012, 06:54 AM

Yeah but i don't really take notice in peoples signatures lol.
Not to mention they put it in the announcements but there was no pop up thingy to alert you too it.
I don't know if they know but a lot of people don't check the announcement forum often.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-16-2012, 06:59 AM

{{i've been posting it all around the fresh meat forum}}

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 06-16-2012, 07:03 AM

I never go there either xD.
Actually as a matter of fact i don't go anywhere except my usual threads -bad-

How are you anyway hummy??

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-16-2012, 07:27 AM

Hello, everyone :V This actually wasn't supposed to be a chat thread <_<

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 06-16-2012, 07:51 AM

Ohh sorry, i just assumed >____<

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-16-2012, 04:28 PM

{{sorry, AG.}}

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 06-18-2012, 04:33 AM

A pale frail maiden wanders in through the thick woods, obviously lost and a bit confused. Though as soon as she stumbles on to the clearing her spirits lift. This place looks cozy and there must be someone around that can direct her back to town. She takes a moment to indulge her curiosity, stopping to sniff the strange and wonderful scents of the brightly color flowers. "this certinanly isn't your normal posies and pansies" she thought to herself, wondering what kind of green thumb the owner must have to have such a garden. She becomes a bit nervous with this though but with no other options to get back to town she lightly knocks upon the door.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-18-2012, 04:39 AM

Bound Birdie:

Loud footsteps coming from upstairs can be heard. When they stop, an odd man with Asian facial features exits the kitchen. He comes bearing a bowl of candied flowers. The flowers looked delicate and covered with just enough sugar to make them look like they had frail glass petals.

He offers you a seat, and asks what you would like to order. He mentions that he has a wide selection of various teas and coffees, which he offered to his customers for free. The cakes and breads, however, would cost little more than tiny favors-- never money.

Bound Birdie

Old 06-18-2012, 04:55 AM

She plays with her long black braid as her mouth waters over the candied flowers. She was a fan of candied pansies already so she was sure these would be twice as amazing. She graciously takes the seat that was offered to her as her feet were aching from her wandering.
"would you happen to have any oolong teas? If not I'll just have green" she asked as she was quite parched, "and perhaps one of those candies?" she added hopefully. Those candies did look tasty. She was relieved that no money was being charged for she hadn't a cent, but was a little concerned about what kind of favors he might mean. Suddenly he seemed tat he might be an old wizard and fairy tales of strange deeds began the infiltrate her imagination. She looked around at the fantastical setting which only re-enforced her thoughts.

(sorry I know I'm far from literate)

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-18-2012, 05:04 AM

(It's fine.)

"Um, yes, yes! We have both!"

The man rushed outside to retrieve two strange plants. Neither of them were tea plants, though they smelled very strongly of tea. One of the plants had a strange shape, being split into a V and perfectly symmetrical. The other one seemed to be the source of the tea-like smell.

It had a strange iridescence, being green in the light and brown in the shadow. The man chopped up the leaves from the second plant and hit the chopped up leaves with a rolling pin! He was quite loud! He rather unceremoniously dumped the bruised leaves into a pot of boiling water.

Second, he snapped off one of the branches from the V-shaped plant, using it to stir the mixture. Strangely, the remaining branch seemed to have gotten thinner and a bit shorter while a new branch was already one inch in length. He left the branch he snapped off in the pot of boiling water and took the potted plants back outside.

He mentioned that the candied flowers and the tea were free and she was free to have as much as she wanted, but for the cakes, breads and sandwiches, he would have to ask her for little favors. He stuttered a bit as he spoke, having a rather implacable accent that made him difficult to understand, but understandable nonetheless.

Bound Birdie

Old 06-18-2012, 05:20 AM

She watched with odd fascination at the peculiar plants. She stopped searching her memory for what kind of plants she might have seen and used this as affirmation that the whole place was magic. After arriving at this conclusion she inspected the candies a bit more closely. The bright colors of the petals radiated through the crystallized sugar that sparkled like glitter in the light. However rather then deterring her she just became more curious and sampled one slowly. The sweet taste seemed to melt over her tongue and linger in a way she doubted she would need any sugar for her tea when it was ready. Her sweet tooth over took her and she took a small handful. She was famished, but was still reluctant to take more from the old man. Magical or not he seemed feeble and she didn't want to make him do anymore work then he had to. Instead she inquired of the nature of his home and plants, " Is this a cafe that you run? I can see why you don't need funds, your garden seem like it feed an army, you must want for nothing."
She knew she had to get home, but she was intrigued, and also began to doubt that the man would have directions for her. he seemed like he might stay isolated in his private world in the clearing.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-18-2012, 05:35 AM

"Haha, it's not that big of a garden! The army you describe must eat very little and eat no meat!" The man laughed. The man didn't actually look all that old, save for the silver hair. He mused at the idea of an army of men who eat little else than vegetables and drink only tea. He always assumed armies consumed a lot of meat or drank plenty of alcohol.

"Say, girl" he spoke, noticing the feel of civilization around the girl. "You're lost, aren't you. It isn't often people find my way into my little hole in the woods. I may have a way to help you get back to the city, or at least the nearby camp. It seems a few people settled not too far away. In fact, they had let me in on a bit of their celebrations." The man seemed joyful, if a bit regretful with the knowledge that this settlement is an ephemeral one.

Bound Birdie

Old 06-18-2012, 05:59 AM

She giggle at the man's logic and relaxed a bit " I suppose your right I haven't seen many vegans that fight for a living" she sipped on her tea and took a moment to answer. Though she had been frightened that she wouldn't make it home an hour ago, she found herself quite liking the mystical gardens she had found. The man was friendly and seemed a bit lonely at his last statement, and this slowed her desire to run back to town. Though he wasn't old enough he reminded her of a grandfather, playful and caring, besides she was young enough that age blended to categories of "young" and "old" and she was taught to respect and help those older then her.
"You mentioned small favors before did you need some help with something?" She offered, though she knew she was avoiding his question, she would go home soon enough, but she decided she wasn't quite ready to leave this place yet.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-18-2012, 06:07 AM

"Ah, well, they're just little geases. They're things like having to wear a necklace for a day, or taking a seed home and throwing it away, those kinds of small insignificant things." He looked outside and noticed the sun was setting. "Little girl, it's very dangerous in the woods. Would you like me to bring you back to camp?"

The option that would send her straight to the city was right out. He knew the city was dangerous in the dark, what with various hooligans about. He was at least sure the camp was full of decent people. It had actually been time for him to visit again seeing as it was probably his turn by now to play some of the games. He DID find it strange, however that the next turn in the games took 12 hours or more.

Bound Birdie

Old 06-18-2012, 06:22 AM

She giggled at the dangerous comment, though she was terrified of starving to death or wandering endlessly, but she would pity anything that took her innocent appearance as a sign of easy prey. She had lived in the city her whole life and had a few tricks up her sleeves for any ruffians she had encountered. She just smiled broadly " Those indeed sound almost misleadingly easy, I would gladly don pretty accessories for any amount of time, though I fail to see what benefit it would give you. Though I would do hard labor for some seeds of these rare plants. My mother would be thrilled to have some tossed in her garden, whatever you need I'll be happy to help maybe pay for my board for the night and we can make our way back in the morning?"

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-18-2012, 06:31 AM

"Aye, I see. Well, perhaps I should decide on what I should charge you for staying the night. Hmm, how about in the morning, before we leave, you take your pick of five plants from my garden and plant them in yours." The kindly man then gestured to the kitchen-- though it didn't seem like the kitchen any more. The door instead led to a bare-bones room. Just a table, a bed and an electric fan that worked without any means of gathering energy.

The strange man held the door open for the little girl, as if closing it would make the room disappear. Perhaps it would-- it wouldn't be very strange for a place like this, after all. The cost of the room had been the most 'expensive' task he had given, but then again, this was the first time anyone had requested room and board for a night.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-20-2012, 07:03 AM

Bound Birdie:

I hope you haven't forgotten about this.]]

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-20-2012, 04:03 PM

famished from a hard day at summer camp hummy happens upon a cute little mushroom shaped building.
'i hope they serve more than mushrooms.' hummy said aloud.
why she was talking to herself she did not know.
hummy enter the cute little mushroom and looks around.
she finds a corner table and slids in with a sigh.
'it sure has been a long day.' she says quietly.
hummy picks up the menu and glances over it quickly.
'i am starving and sure would love a tall glass of iced tea with lemon.' hummy says a bit louder.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-21-2012, 02:07 AM

hummy:

After ushering the girl into the room, the man closes the door to serve the newly arrived customer. He greets her and sets a bowl of candied flowers in front of her while taking her order. He excuses himself to find a few plants in his garden. He picked a handful of small, yellow berries and added them to what was already cooking in the pot.

Mixing them with the 'tea', he ladles a measure of the brew into a mug, setting it before his customer. The smell was soothing-- a bit like lemonade in the summer sun, a bit like tea, and somewhere in between the two scents was just a tiny hint of mint.

He asked if his new customer would like anything else, pulling up a stick of wood with a charred end and a notebook from seemingly nowhere at all. He stood attentively, as if expecting the customer to state her desired food item.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-21-2012, 02:55 AM

hummy was mesmorized by the waiters efficency.
'um, would i be able to get some sweet potato fries?'
she hadn't seen it on the menu, but she was craving them.
'oh, and a nice fruit salad, please.'
the tea smelled wonderfully inviting.
hummy took a sip and enjoyed the taste just as much as the smell.
'this is wonderful, thank you very much.' hummy said to the waiter,
who was no longer around!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-21-2012, 12:14 PM

{{hummy doesn't know if she can respond again.}}

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-22-2012, 11:14 AM

hummy:

Along with Hummy's order, the man places down two heavy-looking bangles. "Ah, in exchange for the food, you need to wear those for a day. Don't worry, they're not as heavy as they look."

The man looked at the setting sun. He seemed antsy about something. He urged Hummy to make haste, along with mumbling some words that couldn't be quite understood. He said that the timespace that he currently resided in will collapse on this day. He said not to worry, though, as the shop will merely re-locate.

However, the relocation process often didn't feel comfortable for normal people, he warned.