icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 PM

Opener~

This is an RP that has long been in the works. Whenever I have gotten a chance to, I rework to get out kinks. However, note that it still might have a few kinks left in it, but hopefully as we RP it, they will work themselves out. Any questions, feel free to PM them to me. I hope that you enjoy what I have in store for you. This is mainly a character-based RP with some narration. Explanation on this coming soon.

Introduction~

Welcome humans, listen to my tale. It may look like a simple chest on the outside, but it is a whole other past on the inside. Earth's alternate history. Getting here was a simple task, but getting back is a harder task that must be completed in order to get back to the world you know.

But, head this warning: You might get killed. Do not open this chest.

This world is not friendly to the enemies of your side. Should they catch you within their realm, you could, nay, will get sentenced to death by the King or Queen.

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:11 PM

Like every good role play that wants to stay active I must have

Rules~

1- Follow not only my rules stated here, but the TOS of Menewsha as well.
2- Check the setting updates nearly everyday. I will be adding things quite often.
3- Please have a few sentences to a couple paragraphs per post. I can't stand one liners. Yes, once in a while is fine, but please try avoiding them as much as possible.
4- Don't god-mod or power-play.
5- Try not to jump in randomly, it throws off the beat of the RP.
6- Read all the posts before your own, do not just skim.
7- No premaid crushes or Mary-Sues. Love is earned, not given out right away. This goes along with personalities as well of your characters, no Mary-Sues, they are annoying.
8- It is very possible that the plot will continue to change and grow! This is a character-based role play, lets keep it growing!
9- Don't keep the spot light on you. It is shared, you are not the main character.
10- Submit all profiles to me, icey_paradise.
11- Follow the TOS. PG-13 or UNDER please.
12- Use only one post to state everything you wish to say and wait for others to have a say.
13- No chat speak. Use complete sentences. Think literacy. NO ** for action. Use " " for speaking and ' ' for thinking or use italics.
14- I have the right to add rules as I see fit.
15- Last, but not least, have fun, and be nice to everyone else, this is here to have a good time, and increase your RPing skills.

Also if you are having any problems with other characters, PM me, and I will question them about it.

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:17 PM

Facts about Larousa~

~This is Earth, but with a much different past/present/future.
~Only when someone opens said chest will the world be sent back to this alternate setting.
~Many sorts of creatures reside here. Think fantasy wise.
~Everything is the same as Earth, season and weather, as well as days, months, even holidays.
~Magic is used for spells, incantations, and potions. There are limits to these. [Any questions, feel free to ask.] You can not use magick for love or death.
~Technology develops slower. [Think the technology as being that from around the 1850's].
~Think that everything else is the same as it is now, just, minus the technology. So, basically, you are living in the past, but it's alternate.
~Light and Dark never get along, this is clicheed, I know, but it is necessary for the plot.

(More will be added as I see fit).

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:23 PM

Setting~

[Note: Do not incorporate any of this, except weather, into your posts. This is just so you know what is going on. These are brief synopsis of what I will write as a post during the role play. It will always be in dark red. Make sure you check back here, I might have something that was not added into the post.]

Quote:
December 27, 2007:

The weather is dark and stormy. The rain beats down onto the earth, lightning streaking across the sky. One boy, around 18 years of age wanders around his grandfather's study, going back to that one chest he was told about. He wanted to see if it works. Opening it, he was surrounded by a great flash, brighter than the lightning outside, and awoke in a strange land.

This weather is the same as when he left, except more extreme. The wind howls, and the candles that flicker on the walls give an eerie look to the rooms. The chest is nowhere to be found, but now, he would have to look twice as hard for it will just appear as a simple jewelry chest. He still holds the key and knows what he has done. He is the only one in this world that can recollect what Earth was meant to be.

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:29 PM

Profile Skeleton~

[Reminder: All profiles are to be sent via PM to me.]

Code:
Played By:
Name:
Race:
Light or Dark:
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography:
Weapon:
Noble or Peasant:
Follow the code, and here is what they all mean:

Played by: Just your username
Name: The name of your character
Age: The age of your character (this has the possibility of changing as the RP develops.)
Race: Are they elf? vampire? demon? human? What?
Light or Dark: Do they reside in the light or dark realm
Appearance: You may have a picture, but please make it a link to the picture. But I would prefer if you wrote out the description.
Personality: What does your character like? Dislike?
Biography: Where did they grow up? How was life for them? Etcetera.
Weapon: Remember, 1850's era.
Nobel or peasant: If nobel, make sure that we have spots open, and state which it is that you wish to play. And if I have forgotten any in the following list, let me know.

Available characters~

Queen of Dark- Jesse Morrow (icey_paradise)
King of Light-
Prince(ess) of Dark-
Prince(ess) of Light- Tomas Arimachi (kriss50)
Knight of Dark #1-
Knight of Dark #2-
Knight of Dark #3-
Knight of Light #1-
Knight of Light #2-
Knight of Light #3-
Peasants of Dark-
Peasants of Light-

[There is an unlimited amount of peasants]

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:36 PM

Accepted Characters: Dark~

Quote:
Originally Posted by icey_paradise
Played By: icey_paradise
Name: Jesse Morrow
Race: Dark Elf
Light or Dark: Dark
Appearance: With shoulder-length strawberry blonde hair and green eyes, she looks like your average girl. Average height and weight. Her normal garb is a button down black shirt and a mini black jean skirt. Some of her demeanor does look 'dark', her makeup and garb when she is negotiating.
Personality: Stubborn and thick headed. She likes getting her way, all the time. She doesn't think twice about killing someone for going against what she wishes. But, if she does, she puts them in the dungeons for a long time.
Biography: On 'Earth' she was a 'goody two shoes' who never did anything wrong. But on the inside, longed for something new, something to let out her true self. She hated being so good all the time She was sentenced to be the Queen of Dark when the chest was opened.
Weapon: A dagger that she keeps holstered around her thigh for easy access, and to make sure it is well hidden.
Noble or Peasant: Noble. She is the Queen of Dark.

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:37 PM

Accepted Characters: Light~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriss50
Name: Tomas Arimachi
Race: Dhampir
Light or Dark: Light
Appearance: Tomas has green eyes and shoulderlength black hair. His clothing is standard, A white shirt with a blood red waistcoat. Over that he wears a black, ankle length trenchcoat
Personality: Tomas doesn't much care for anone else in the world, but don't think him vain or anything else. He just prefers the world as it is ow, where he can hunt whom he likes
Biography: Tomas grew up in a 'noble' upbringing, his family had servants and money. However, when the world changed he found he had the house, and nothing else. As a result, he harbors fugitives from both sides of the 'law' to annoy the kings and queens purposefully. Due to his mental prowess the mansion remains a neutral ground.
Weapon: A broadsword with the assassin's crest on the pommel. (see assassins creed)and Magic
Noble or Peasant: Vampire Noble - Prince

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:39 PM

Other~

Jake is the narrator of the story, but he is not exactly a main character. He just changes things, and holds the key to getting the chest back. He will only have occasional appearances and they will always be in a darker red color.

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:40 PM

~Reserved~

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:41 PM

~Reserved~

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:42 PM

~Reserved~

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:44 PM

~Reserved~

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:45 PM

~Reserved~

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:46 PM

This thread is now open!

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 11:48 PM

Hi there, let me tell you about myself. My name is Jake, and my grandfather told me about this world that would have been earth, but was sentenced to eternity within a small chest. He holds the chest and the key to this other world.

Now, I'm a curious guy, and I couldn't help but investigate, so I just had to go find it...

Jake walked upstairs to his grandfather's study after making sure he was fast asleep. He shone the flashlight on the different shelves until he found a small, what looked like, treasure chest. He picked it up, examining it as lightning flashes lit up the room, casting eerie shadows on the walls. He grinned and put the flashlight down.

Reaching into his pocket, he felt around for that little key he stole off of his grandfather's key ring and placed it within the lock. "This is it," he grinned, turning the key and opening the chest.

Nothing but a bright white light. Had he died?

No.

Upon opening his eyes, he noticed he was on a stone floor, and the walls were covered in faint light. "It worked!" he said, laughing and dancing slightly. However, little did he know that by opening that chest, the whole world was brought over, not just him, and that no one would be able to return.

The chest was lost within the travel, hidden somewhere in either realm. Who will find it? Who will save Earth from Larousa?

Jake is the key that will open the chest. Find him, and the chest together, and you just might have a chance for survival.

kriss50
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to kriss50

Old 01-02-2008, 11:06 AM

Hey there, you on the run from one of the sides? Sure, I can help you... for a price. Everything's got a price these days. Hell, Back before it changed, I had it all. well, not everything, but close enough. Money, Power... A family. But something happened and that all disappeared. Sorta. I now have no money, the house and a major lack of family. so, what did I get for the loss of money and family? A blessing which is also a curse. My physical strength is enhanced, my mental strength is unparalleled and I can move faster than ever before. The catch? As if the loss of family and money isn't enough, I have to drink blood. Fresh blood. See, I'm a vampire now. Usually they work for one of the royalties, but me I'm special. I'm strong enough to remain neutral, and so I harbor fugitives It ticks the royalty off, but they can't do anything as I also help the fugitives back to where they want to be.
Sighing he stopped his internal monologue and rose, Heading around the House to prepare for any more fugitives arriving. There was always some spy or disillusioned person needing protection. And occasionally, they asked to stay. But that was very occasional. The only thing he needed to do was to keep the place clean and it was usually spotless anyway

icey_paradise
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-03-2008, 02:27 PM

Jesse awoke from her nap to a pounding headache and servants standing at every corner of her room. She grumbled something incoherently and they fetched her a glass of herbal tea to soothe her head.

She took a sip of the hot tea and stood by the edge of her bed, her bare feet touching the cold stone floor of the castle. "Get out of my site!" she bellowed, glaring at the servants and grabbing the robe that was hanging on the post at the foot of her bed and made her way down to the main room of the castle.