CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 03-09-2011, 02:50 AM

Yeah I have to agree with you. The Dark Hunter series intrigued me more than the Sookie Stackhouse but they are very good books! Another of my favorite. Yeah I did the same thing, it's a lot to read! lol

PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck ...

Old 03-11-2011, 04:24 PM

The bloodhound novels.

SpoonyBard
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-12-2011, 02:48 AM

uh. I started reading The Strain co-written by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I haven't finished the book but I think it's a really interesting series. The whole premise is that vampirism is a disease of some sort. I'm finding it to be a really interesting book so far. And I like the fact that the authors are bringing the vampire legend more to its origins and not all this romance crap that's been being spewed out because of Twilight. -_- I am very bitter towards the Twilight series.

Chaotic Anonymity
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-26-2011, 01:03 PM

I've also read Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Series... :) And I must say....Wow! She is one heck of a writer! She creates such a rich world that readers could almost feel, hear and see them. And her heroines are not wimps and lame May Sues. And her heros are just...yum! LOL But I got to say, Ash's book did not really meet my expectations. For the leader of that kind of men, I really expected something more...explosive? The first part wanted me to cry and to fight for him. But the latter part? It was like...that's it? His girl is okay...just okay. Nothing really special about her and nothing different from other girls of the series...
But it is such an accomplishment for Kenyon to reach, I think, 25 books?

And If you like her, then I recommend authors like Katie MacAlister, Kerrelyn Sparks, JR Ward, Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter (though this one does not really focus on vampires). And did you know Kenyon is also Kinley MacGregor? Check out her works as MacGregor too :)

Marquisse
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 AM

Katie MacAlister and J.R. Ward are my hands down fave. I will read anything they write.

SarcasticKoneko
-Sarcastic Little Cat-

Old 05-12-2011, 05:56 PM

I'm not sure if these have been mentioned yet (I skimmed >.<) but I've found two vampire novels that were actually really good. Granted, in both... I dont think they use the word "Vampire" till about half way through. BUT regardless, I think they count, since they revolve around vampires.

Peeps by Scott Westerfeld. Be warned, if parasites creep you out, this book is NOT for you. If you're not so bug-squeamish, this book is epic.

Annnnd..... *drumroll*

Immanuel's Veins by Ted Dekker. This one is just great. Romantic, drama filled, a total page turner.

Kalayna

Old 05-17-2011, 08:44 PM

Half the recommendations already suggested, I have no idea who/what any of them are aside from Anne Rice and Christopher Pikes' The Last Vampire (and boy did that take me back when I saw it on the screen XD). Well, except Twilight, too, but who doesn't know about Twilight? lol Anyway, here's my two cents about what's been recommended and some of my own suggestions:

The Southern Vampire Mysteries (aka the Sookie Stackhouse or True Blood novels): Whenever I read (or re-read) Charlaine's Sookie Stackhouse books, I always get the impression that the author doesn't quite take her own series that seriously. There seems to be just the slightest air of camp/hoakiness to her books and in this case, I think it works because it off-sets/balances out the more dramatic scenes and plots throughout the series. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of drama in the series, but there's just that dab of humor that lightens it out.

The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike: If you really like tough female leading ladies, then you'll definitely like this series.

The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher: While not vampire centric, Butcher's series does feature them from time-to-time, some books more than others since the on-going plot in the series is a war going on between three vampire "races" against a council of wizards. Personally, I really like the way Butcher has portrayed the vampires, he's taken a lot of the common folklore and separated it into the three races. If you want to get an idea of Butcher's writing style, you can check out excerpts from The Dresden Files here. Just click on a book cover (I would recommend Storm Front since it's the first book in the series).

Vampire Empire by Clay & Susan Griffith: I recently picked this book up for the unique reason that it combined vampires and steampunk. In 1870 vampires kind of sweep over the northern hemisphere and end up killing millions of humans until the humans flee south toward warmer climates. Colder, northern climates are now ruled by vampire clans while southern, tropic climates have become refuge to humans. Jumping to 2020, where book one, The Greyfriar, takes place, humans are about to wage war against the vampires and at this point that's all I can pretty much say as I'm only about four or five chapters in. However, even with the few chapters under my belt, I've found the story so far very intriguing. :) If you want to know more, just click here for a summary.

RainbowMoonstone
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-23-2011, 02:50 PM

I have read lots of vampire novels.
I watched Let the Right One In (Sweedish movie) and Let Me In (American version).
After watching the Sweedish version I was so intrigued I read the book of the same name by
Lindqvist. It was amazing, by far the best vampire novel I have ever read.

I read the first 3 Anne Rice vampire books which were great. I tried Pandora recently and found it
dry and dull.

I hightly recommend Let the Right One In by Lindqvist.

CupcakeWitchling
The Cake is a Lie

Old 08-07-2011, 04:57 AM

The Morganville Vampires.
Awesome series. Lots of Action. a little bit of funnyness. No sappyness AT ALL. very small romance. and no Vampire-Human romances at first. something happens with the roommates but they arent important, the awesome roommate and the even awesomer goth roommate but there all cool. a crazy hilarious vampire scientist with Vampire Bunny sneakers and lots of Vamp Butt-kicking. totally awesome!

I also read Twilight before it was popular and liked the series. BUt the Movies Sucked Grapenuts and all the fangirls made me wanna puke or smack them (maybe both) I still respect the book series but i can rag on them too.

Morgan Michelle
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 12:29 PM

I adore the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. :3 There's romance! And action. It made me cry, lol. :B

TheKillerAnna
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-08-2011, 04:10 PM

Lilith's Dream by Whitley Strieber

I haven't read it since I was about 15, but from what I remember it was a decent read. There's a little bit of smut in it though.
I hardly remember what it's about.....I just remember it's about Vampires and I actually finished it. LOL! If I can't get into it enough or I don't care of the turn out, I won't finish it.

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Twist by Colby Hodge and Blue blood series and Sookie Stackhouse series. I've read the Twilight series when it came out and when I was in middle school. But Twist I read after I finish Twilight and I was amaze by it. It's quite better than Twilight as it's really good. It's not a series but oh well. ><