Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-16-2010, 06:31 PM

The rat did fine.
She kept him in her room, so the cats didn't bother him.

Then when she moved out to go to school, she took him with her...
He was so cute! She called him Moon...

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 PM

Aaw. Cute name. :]
What was its designs?

Did she hold it all the time so that it was nice and friendly?

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-16-2010, 08:56 PM

She used to take him everywhere, so he was used to sitting on her shoulder, or was always nuzzling her neck.
I think he was basically brown with some white spots.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Very awesome. I bet they're really sweet, and fun, too.
I dunno. Ferrets are restricted in California because they're like considered varmon or something. They're like pests or whatever.

I'm doing alright. Just try not to think about it.
After being the 3rd pet in the last several months, its kind of just draining me of the feeling for it, I guess. Its really hard to let them go, but at this point there is nothing that I can do. But I have just been having to look past it because I have school to concentrate on.

Really? But they're soo cute!! That kinda sucks.

Mmm understandable. Yeah when we have important things to do we really gotta push past it. Just hard sometimes. I know i've had a hard time coping with certain emotions, after a whirlwind past few months ... But i've managed to finally get my thinking straight - and concentrating on the stuff that i really need to get done. I started writing a diary so that helps out a lot now.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-17-2010, 12:28 AM

@ Jean - Aaw. I'm glad. ^^
Rats really do love shoulders. I think its the height and that they can usually hide in your hair (depending on the length of your hair, I suppose, and the thickness). My rats have always loved to hide on my shoulder, too. And yes, they're so affectionate. I think its one of the things that makes them such wonderful pets. It feels so weird not having a rat again, and I dont like it. :/ Maybe after a month or so I'll inquire about getting a new one. Or if we see a really cute one at the petstore sometime. I always have such a hard time resisting getting all the animals when i'm at pet stores. ><;;

Aaw. It sounds cute. :3

@ Roachi - Mhmm. It does suck. D: I've always wanted one, but we can't get them.

It does get rough, but its the way of life. Bad things will happen pretty often, and we just have to learn to cope. It takes awhile sometimes, but it feels good when you get out of that rutt and kind of become yourself again and can be more cheery.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-17-2010, 01:27 AM

You really should get another rat.
Just get one that looks totally different.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-17-2010, 01:39 AM

lol I tend to like the same kinds of rats. My first one looked like a backwards skunk. Haha. And this one was spotty and had his cute little stripe. I like spotty rats.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-17-2010, 04:49 AM

I think a rat that looked like a skunk would be really cool!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-17-2010, 06:13 AM

Haha. He was a really cool rat.
Dont remember much about him, though, sadly. It was many years ago.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-18-2010, 01:05 AM

@Su - Yeah i always thought they were cool animals lol. But mum would never allow me to have one haha.
Yeah that's very true ... You feel more motivated too when you overcome a big obstacle.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-18-2010, 05:47 PM

Aaw. Does she dislike all rodents in general? D:

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-18-2010, 10:18 PM

Yep. I had a mouse and it mysteriously disappeared. I think she let it go to be honest lol.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-18-2010, 11:17 PM

Aaw. Thats not cool. :/ Domesticated animals aren't meant to be put into the wild. Their brains dont work the same as wild animals, first off, and they're not use to it at all. Poor little thing probably died that day. Very sad. :<

Honestly better to give an animal away if you honestly dont want it. Far better chance of living, and at least that way it can have a good life.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-18-2010, 11:21 PM

Yeah it was either that or he escaped. I dunno he just disappeared .... I hope the cat didn't eat him.
Yeah well, i prob shouldn't have brought it home. But it got given to me, and i didn't know what to do. I dunno if she really did that, it's just an assumption. She said she didn't ... But who knows ...

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-18-2010, 11:31 PM

I had a mouse that got out of her cage a time or two. They can squeeze out of stuff so easily. @__@;; My hamster got out one time, too.

My grandma use to do that to my mom and aunts. If they had an animal that she got tired of, she'd send them away to do stuff and when they'd get home the animal would be gone and she'd have a story made up or say she didn't know. Pissed my mom off so bad.

I had one hamster that got away because someone left her cage open when I was staying the night at a friends. Got back and the lid wasn't closed and she was gone. :/ She'd been pregnant, too. Poor little thing probably managed to get out somehow or into the garage and probably got killed by wild rats. D: Wild animals are relentless.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-19-2010, 09:34 PM

You are so right about domesticated animals.
Their brains are smaller...they just can't cope.

When we had our cats, I was always worried that they would get out.
We have feral cats in the neighborhood, and I didn't want them or the coyotes to get my kitties!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 PM

Cats seem to do pretty good as being outside animals, since most people have inside/outside cats. And they really like to hunt anyway. Like my aunt's cat catches stuff constantly. She has to watch him carefully sometimes, otherwise he'll get hummingbirds. D:

Our cat was and inside/outside cat, though, and he wouldn't catch anything. lol He was terrible at catching stuff, not to mention he was pretty lazy. He'd like to try sometimes, but then would just sit around. But he'd get in fights with other cats all the time.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-20-2010, 04:56 PM

We didn't let our cats out at all....
That way you don't need to worry about fleas and stuff.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-21-2010, 12:45 AM

Our cat actually never got fleas. lol

And he loves being outside. He'd often just lay out on our porch and enjoy the day. He wasn't a hunter, so he wasn't out there to go kill anything. He just liked being outside, and he preferred to go the bathroom outside, too.

Its funny, really, because when we first got him, he had never been outside. The old lady that had owned him kept him trapped in a bathroom while he was a kitten because her little dog didn't like him. So he was scared to go outside for awhile, and for a long time wouldn't leave our porch. But he finally would go down one step, or walk around a little, and then eventually wander all over. He wouldn't go far from our house, though.

Last edited by Suona; 09-21-2010 at 12:48 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-21-2010, 05:09 AM

Quote:
I had a mouse that got out of her cage a time or two. They can squeeze out of stuff so easily. @__@;; My hamster got out one time, too.

My grandma use to do that to my mom and aunts. If they had an animal that she got tired of, she'd send them away to do stuff and when they'd get home the animal would be gone and she'd have a story made up or say she didn't know. Pissed my mom off so bad.

I had one hamster that got away because someone left her cage open when I was staying the night at a friends. Got back and the lid wasn't closed and she was gone. :/ She'd been pregnant, too. Poor little thing probably managed to get out somehow or into the garage and probably got killed by wild rats. D: Wild animals are relentless.

Sneaky little things. Mine was in a big plastic box though, so i have no idea how it escaped. Unless it can jump that high, who knows xD.

Aww that's really sad. Kids aren't stupid either.

Ohh damn, i hope she was okay... Poor thing.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-21-2010, 06:49 AM

Haha. What an odd thing to keep it in. xP;;
But yeah, not likely to have gotten out, unless it chewed a hole in it or climbed on stuff and jumped out.

Mhmm. It would be totally sad to have that happen. D:

Me too. :/ We never found her in the house, and I searched everywhere.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-21-2010, 10:08 PM

It's funny how people are afraid of some things but not of others.

I've never had a fear of rodents at all. I don't mind most reptiles either.

But dangle a spider in front of me, and I go nuts!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-21-2010, 10:36 PM

Haha. I honestly dont really have any fears.
I dont mind spiders, snakes, rodents, etc. I have rational fears, of course. I know to be afraid of poisonous things, or dangerous animals.

However, i'll admit that I get a bit nervous in the ocean. My father practically has a phobia of sharks, and wont go any further in the ocean than his ankles, really. And its made me a little paranoid over the years. I've swam in the ocean just fine snorkling out in Hawaii. I would keep looking around on and off to make sure, but otherwise I was fine. :]

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-22-2010, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Haha. What an odd thing to keep it in. xP;;
But yeah, not likely to have gotten out, unless it chewed a hole in it or climbed on stuff and jumped out.

Mhmm. It would be totally sad to have that happen. D:

Me too. :/ We never found her in the house, and I searched everywhere.

Yeah i didn't have a cage at the time, i only had it a week before it went missing lol. Yeah i think the cat might of ate it ...

Aww that sucks.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-22-2010, 05:17 AM

Well, if it was open like that, then its quite possible that the cat did. Wouldn't take much at all to get it. Cats tend to do that. lol Our old cat had chased my hamster once when he got out of his ball. Luckily he was under my desk and I saw him chase him out of my room, so I snagged the cat before he reached him. xP;;

It was really sad. She wasn't very social, but she was the prettiest hamster I had ever seen. And she was still young and I hadn't had her long, so she hadn't had the time to adjust.