CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-22-2010, 07:16 PM

Azara watched Percival go then turned her attention back to Roderick. "My maids will take your tunic and clean it Lord Roderick. They are very exceptional at getting out the toughest of stains." Nodding to her two maids they walked over to Naerwen. Madela stuck her hands out for the tunic. "If you may?" She asked quietly.

Looking back to the three girls Azara watched them for a minute then once again gave her attention to Roderick. "Also I would like Naerwen to accompany then. My maids can teach her their ways so she may be able to get out any stains your clothing may obtain."

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 08-22-2010, 07:31 PM

Roderick chewed the inside of his cheek as he thought, looking down at the ground. He shifted his weight from foot to foot. He nodded and looked back to her as his arms fell out of the knot over his chest and his hands settled on his hips, "I thank you, My Lady. It is a gracious offer on your part."

When she mentioned taking Naerwen, he looked over at his servant. After a long moment of thought, he nodded, "You may take her. ..Have her and the tunic back by sunset, if you will, My Lady."

Naerwen handed the maid Roderick's tunic, then waited patiently as Roderick decided what to do with her. She breathed an audible sigh of relief and she felt her whole body relax at the prospect of being able to leave. Even if it was just until sunset, it was enough. The sun's position spelled that it was around noon. She wouldn't have to see Roderick until the evening, after the tournament and it thrilled her. She couldn't beat the smile that spread over her rosy lips.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-22-2010, 08:14 PM

Azara waited patiently as Roderick tought about her offer. "You are quite welcome My Lord. It is the least I could do for it being my fault." When he gave her the condition to bring back his tunic and Naerwen by sunset she smiled slightly. "As you wish. Both will be back before the sun leaves the sky." She said while giving him a curtsie. Turning around she motioned for Naerwen and her maids to follow her as Striker turned with her and offered his arm to Azara. With another smile Azara took off walking. "Madela, Shara take Naerwen to our wagons. I must go with Striker to our seats." As she spoke she handed Shara the lemons she was still holding. Then she looked to Naerwen. "I will be back before the sun sets to talk to you." She said with a small smile to the girl. With that she turned with Striker and went to their seats

((Uhhh I have to go :/ family bbq! I will try and be back as soon as possible!! You can do whatever with my maids! lol.))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-23-2010, 03:51 AM

Tes'shiran shifted on his feet a bit uncertainly. His entire body was tense, and for the most part he watched Roderick carefully. He had watched slightly wide eyed when Percival smacked Roderick, he was caught off guard by that action. Though taking into account Percival's personality he probably shouldn't have been all that surprised. Then again maybe not. Tess quickly recovered his composure, that expression of surprise quickly left his face. He kept his mouth closed as the Duchess spoke of having her maids clean Roderick's tunic and of taking Naerwen with her. Once more he shifted a bit nervously on his feet. He had been rather tempted to flee behind Percival when the older man left them.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-23-2010, 04:01 AM

As Naerwen left with the Lady's maids, Roderick watched after her. He turned slowly, his whole body once again rigid.

"My tent, Tess," he said suddenly, "Is it prepared enough for me to lay down in?"

Roderick looked, though, as if he were ready to commit murder. He didn't look like a man ready for a nap.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-23-2010, 04:23 AM

Tes'shiran jumped slightly when Roderick spoke so suddenly, and that look on his face. He swallowed hard and nodded slightly as he answered, "Yes My Lord." His body remained tense, as he was uncertain of what Roderick might really do. He did hope that the man would go and have a lie down for a bit. But with Roderick, you just couldn't be too careful. Tess felt as if he were standing on eggshells, though..he seemed to feel that way often around Roderick, this was a bit worse than usual.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-23-2010, 05:06 AM

Roderick nodded lightly and turned toward the Harem's wagon. He went to it and peeked inside. Snapping his fingers, he motioned for one of the girls to exit. Roderick moved away as a dark haired girl climbed out of the wagon. It was Roderick's herald. Tess would know her to be Yára. She was the eldest of the girls. Roderick said a few quiet words to her, then grabbed her by the arm. The two disappeared into his tent.

A moment or so later, a whistle sounded some ways away from the camp-site. Percival waved to Tess, indicating he wanted him to follow him.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-23-2010, 05:15 AM

Tes'shiran didn't relax until Roderick disappeared into the tent with Yára. Sighing softly and relaxing a lot, he moved back to the wagon that had held Roderick's things. Tess was done unpacking Roderick's things. The only stuff left now was his own things. At that whistle, Tess blinked and turned, looking this way and that until he saw Percival. That man. Surely he'd be the death of him one of these days. He glanced to Roderick's tent, then back towards Percival. It didn't take long for him to reach his decision and in moments he was running after Percival.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-23-2010, 05:15 AM

Shara grabbed Naerwen's hand and led her over to where her Lady's wagons were with Madela walking in front of them with the tunic. When they got to the wagons Shara dropped her hand and got out all the supplies. "We will teach you now? If you are ready?"

As they sat dow Azara looked around her before nodding to Striker to let him talk. She could tell he was about to burst at any moment. "What were you thinking Azara! I mean really? I could see if it was your own servant but she was nto yours neither was the boy. You shouldn't have taken the blame for it!"

Turning to him Azara glared at her precious guardian. "You will watch your tone Striker. I did it because of the things I've heard about him. He treats his servants like garbage and I will not have anyone use that language infront of me when I do not wish it! That girl is not a whore. If I could get away with it I would steal her away from him. No I would steal all of his servants away from that vile man." As she talked she became angrier and angrier, her pupils started to bleed over and Striker grabbed her hand making circles in her palm again until her eyes turned back to normal. Raising her other hand Azara patted his face. "Thank you my dear. Now let's watch the tournament."

(Sorry it took me so long!)

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-23-2010, 05:28 AM

Naerwen nodded eagerly. She even forced a small smile. Some of the color had returned to her face and she had appeared to have steadied herself on her feet. "Yes, please. I am ready."

Percival clapped Tess on the back and laughed lightly. His armor clanked slightly as he walked, "C'mon, m'boy. I'm due in the lists in two minutes and I'm sure you need something to take your mind off of...things."

Percival walked toward the arena where his opponent was being announced. His herald would announce his arrival at any moment and not being there when he was announced was terribly embarrassing.

-:No worries! :) :-

Last edited by Squidie64; 08-23-2010 at 05:30 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-23-2010, 05:37 AM

That clap on his back made him stumble just slightly, but he managed to keep from falling over. "Things that you caused." There was only mild annoyance in Tes'shiran's soft voice and he just shook his head slightly as he walked with Percival. Glancing over his shoulder occasionally, a bit paranoid that Roderick might come after him with something. Perhaps Roderick would work out his aggression with the harem girl he had taken to his tent.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-23-2010, 05:49 AM

"ME!?!" Percival put a hand over his armored chest, "My boy, do I look like a man that would purposefully cause trouble?"

He flashed the younger man a smile as he climbed up onto his horse, held still by his own squires, "How did you become mixed up with him? I don't recall hearing the whole story when we met in Rouen for the first time."

Percival glanced to Tess, then his eyes swept over the crowd as his squires readied his lance and his herald announced him to the nobles. Percival's eyes swept over the Duchess and her guard and he gave a polite nod, even a slight wave.

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-23-2010, 05:54 AM

Cassimir unpacked some more of his gear before stopping to lean against his horse for a moment. He just wanted to think and clear his head before everything started. He just relaxed for a moment and took several deep breaths. He would have a long few days ahead of him with these matches. At least he would have more time to think, but that was not time he had now. He had to prepare.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-23-2010, 05:59 AM

Before the two maids got to work Madela spoke. "I am sorry but we didn't seem to have gotten your name in all the drama. I'm Madela and this is Shara."

Azara had been looking over to where Lord Percival was when they announced his name and she saw his nod and wave. Smiling she gave a small wave back to him and also nodded while talking to Striker. "I do like that man. When he smacked that bloody swanker, forgive my language, I liked him instantly."

Hearing her words Striker growled deep in his throat. "I do wish we didn't come here Azara. We should have stayed home."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-23-2010, 06:07 AM

Tess sighed softly at Percival's feign of innocence. "Honestly M'lord. I thought Sir Roderick was going to kill me, and he still might." Tes'shiran's voice suddenly dropped to a low whisper. "If he flogs me, don't think I won't come around to flog you." Saying such things like that to a man above your own station, what was Tess thinking? Though he had a pretty good assumption of Percival's nature and personality and he was almost certain he could get away with such comments especially when they were very empty.

He shook his head lightly. "My family paid Roderick to take me on, they adore him. He promised he would knight me when I was ready but I don't think that will ever happen at all." Tes'shiran frowned deeply and shrugged. He gave Percival's steed a friendly, gentle pat on the shoulder and stepped back a bit to give the Knight room so that he wasn't in the way of the squires handing up the equipment.

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-23-2010, 06:12 AM

However try as he might to clear his head he could not. It wasn't like he had an infatuation, no currently it was two other contestants getting into an argument over something. He didn't care, but it was rather annoying. He just wanted to prepare for now in peace. Unlike a battle or skirmish where it was important, this was useless. It was just noise. A noise he was having a growing urge to silence in a less than civil manner.

He put down his things and began to walk towards them. At least if he settled it now he could be a little calmer about it, or at least nicer.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-23-2010, 06:19 AM

Percival let out a hardy laugh, "My lad, if you manage to flog me, I will knight you myself!" As his helmet was fitted, he glanced to Tess as he stepped back. He stretched his neck once it was strapped in place, "If you are so worried, why don't you spend the night with me, then?"

Percival realized what he said only after he said it and his aged gray eyes widened, "NOT IN THAT WAY! ..I mean...Hell, you're a handsome young man, I will give you that, but I prefer beings with...you know..something I can hold on to!" Seeing the flag drop snapped him out of his stupor, however and he grabbed his lance as his squire thrust it at him, "Cock it! ..Excuse me!" he shouted as he slapped his visor down over his face.

Percival gave his horse a hard kick and exploded out onto the field, charging for the younger knight across from him.

Naerwen bowed her head respectfully. Despite that they were servants, she still treated them with more respect than she expected for herself, "It is an honor, my ladies. My name is Naerwen." She gave them a small smile and stood with her hands gently clasped in front of her.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-23-2010, 06:27 AM

Madela couldn't help but smile at Naerwen. "Now now you don't need to bow your head to us or call us ladies. We are just like you, friends. Before we start are you hungry or thirsty? We can get you something." Shara nodded her head in agreement with all of what Madela said.

Sitting on the edge of her seat Azara watched as the older man charged after the younger. Oh she so did wish Percival would win.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-23-2010, 06:33 AM

Tes'shiran blinked a few times and nearly blushed. For a few moments Tess really couldn't think of anything to say...and when he did find his voice again the flat had dropped and Percival was already riding away from him. "..Such a strange man....and I do have things..or a thing..to be held onto.." He mumbled mostly to himself, scratching the back of his head a bit uncertainly. However, the thought of flogging Percival with the reward of being knighted did seem very tempting to him. He quickly pushed aside that thought and he turned most of his attention to the tournament. A soft smile on his lips.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-23-2010, 06:44 AM

Naerwen shook her head lightly, "No, thank you, my-..Madela. I had bread and water this morning." Naerwen rocked on her feet awkwardly, ready to start her lesson.

Percival and the other knight met fiercely in the middle of the arena, their lances slamming into one another. Percival managed to break his on the other man's torso, but didn't have time to celebrate when his opponent's lance struck him in the face. He was forced backward, but the lance glanced off his now dented visor. Luckily for himself, he remained on his horse and dropped the useless lance.

Seeming to snap out of it rather quickly, he shook his head and pushed his visor up. His squires rushed to him immediately and he gave the crowd a wave to signal he was alright.

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-23-2010, 06:53 AM

As the two had broken off their squabbling Cassimir returned back to his supplies and began donning his armor. He would soon be on horseback and then he could vent some of his frustration at an opponent. He thought about the idea of beating one of those selfish petty nobles around the helmet for awhile and it delighted him.

He finished with his armor, and he finally saddled up. He was ready, but he supposed it would not be his turn for some time. Nonetheless he trotted off to watch the others compete. This would be exciting no matter how it ended.

sadithealchemist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-23-2010, 06:58 AM

Mean while, as his Lord Percival was competing, young Erurainon was using the money he was given to secure himself a forge to work in, to work his wonderful craft. He would need to be ready to repair Percivals armor and weapons, should any damage come to them.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-23-2010, 06:58 AM

Smiling Madela nodded to Shara who grabbed everything they were going to need. "Alright let's start." She began to teach Naerwen everything she knew. By they time they were done the tunic would be back to its original shape if not better.

Absorbed in the jousting Azara winced when Percival was struck in the face but relaxed when he waved to the crowd. "That was awfully close." She said to Striker. Who mummbled something back to her. "My dear, please what is wrong?" She begged of him.

Striker turned to Azara and took her hand. "I am sorry friend. I just do not like this place. I know you can take care of yourself, believe me I do. I just don't like you being out in the open." Lowering his voice so no one could hear him he continued. "What if you would have lost control earlier? We would be hunted."

Noticing Strikers deep concern Azara patted his cheek as she did earlier and spoke softly. "Don't worry, I will not loose control. I promise."

((Ugh I have work in the morning. I'll be back on around five! That's when I get home. Night everyone!))

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; 08-23-2010 at 07:01 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 AM

Tess squirmed on his feet as he watched the match. Wincing and flinching almost visibly when that lance struck Percival in the face after Percival had shattered his own against his opponents chest. For a few moments Tes'shiran's heart had skipped a beat and he almost held his breath. He was nearly praying that Percival would be alright. Then the old man waved to the crowd and Tess grinned almost madly. Letting out a sigh of relief. That could have been dangerous.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-23-2010, 07:10 AM

Naerwen was a quick learner. She was quiet and listened closely to everything she was told. She was attentive and worked hard to restore her Master's tunic.

When Percival reached his end once more, he looked down at Tess, laughing as he did so, "Did you see that!? Barely off his mother's milk and he's hitting men in the face with such force, it bends metal!" Percival seemed to be enjoying himself as he was given a second lance. His helmet was removed and replaced with one much less nicer looking. His practice helmet. When the flag was dropped once more, he slapped the visor down and tore off once more.