Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-04-2016, 02:28 AM

As an atheist, these conversations always seem so..cringey? That sounds bad.. Thing is, things like 'good' and 'evil' are so ambiguously defined. So vague to the point that they don't really exist. The concept of morality is entirely man-made and is both established and enforced entirely by societal standards.
On the case of a God, it just makes little logical sense. I dunno. When we die, our bodies are eaten by parasites and other bacteria that exist solely to perpetuate life elsewhere. When something dies, it becomes something else. This is an observation, not exactly fact I guess. My thoughts are we are born of the earth and continue a life cycle for all of the plants and other living organisms that are apart of it. I dunno, these are just my thoughts.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-12-2016, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced-anime View Post
As an atheist, these conversations always seem so..cringey? That sounds bad.. Thing is, things like 'good' and 'evil' are so ambiguously defined. So vague to the point that they don't really exist. The concept of morality is entirely man-made and is both established and enforced entirely by societal standards.
On the case of a God, it just makes little logical sense. I dunno. When we die, our bodies are eaten by parasites and other bacteria that exist solely to perpetuate life elsewhere. When something dies, it becomes something else. This is an observation, not exactly fact I guess. My thoughts are we are born of the earth and continue a life cycle for all of the plants and other living organisms that are apart of it. I dunno, these are just my thoughts.
Based upon your own observations, your questions about the life cycle of earth should be who created and began this cycle.

And good and evil are clearly defined. Need an example? Look no further than the Ten Commandments. This is morality from God given to man. It is only because man wills it so that good and evil are not clearly defined. Wrongful murder is never good. Lying is never good. Stealing is never good. These things can so clearly be defined as evil.

Morality comes from God and God only. Man didn't create morality. Man certainly does attempt to enforce morality through laws and regulations. Lack of an attempt to do so would cause untold chaos.

God makes perfect logical sense. Man didn't create the heavens and the earth. Man didn't the plants, oceans, animals, and all other living things.
That means someone or something that man cannot see is in existence and is still controlling things.

Scientists, or at least those scientists who are avowed atheists, try to prove all day long that God does not exists while other more intellectually honest scientists have proven that God exists. Not everything exists so conveniently for our five senses to detect, but God is there if we seek him.

God created man from the dust and man returns to dust after dying. But, this describes only our physical bodies. We are more than physical, we are spiritual beings. This is what separates mankind from animalkind. Animals possess only a soul and the feelings attached to that animal for its kind.
Man possesses not only a soul, but a spirit. Thus, we are spiritual beings.

Man can contact the spirit realm and be contacted by the spirit realm. Animals cannot. I believe as the bible says and that is when a righteous man dies his spirit is instantly with the Father. When an unrighteous man dies, his spirit is sent to the bottomless pit to await Judgment Day.

And at least one man never even experienced physical death, according to scripture. Do you know who that was? Hint: It was not Jesus.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 09-12-2016, 02:32 AM

what is the difference between a spirit and a soul

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-12-2016, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
what is the difference between a spirit and a soul
Our spirit is our inner being. Our spirit is makes our souls immortal or undying. Undying in the physical sense. Obviously, we all will die a physical death, but our spirit remains. This spirit is eternal and cannot be put out of existence.

Our soul is our nature, our thoughts, our emotions, our feelings, our memories, our experiences.

I believe that when we reach heaven that we retain most of our memories, but not all. Changed in a way I am unable to describe or even understand. I'll have to research the bible verse that causes me to believe this. What I mean is that heaven really wouldn't be heaven if you were enjoying yourself while you knew that you were forever going to be separated from friends and loved ones. I shall return.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 10:38 PM ----------

Here's an excerpt from Isaiah 65:16-17 NKJV
Quote:
Because the former troubles are forgotten, And because they are hidden from My eyes. 17. For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
Then there is Revelations 21:4 NKJV
Quote:
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.
To enter this new heaven is to have all your troubles of times past removed.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-12-2016, 01:22 PM

if someone is murdered, does that mean they will forget how they died

---------- Post added 09-12-2016 at 01:23 PM ----------

and there is some way to guarantee that they will never encounter their murderer in heaven

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-13-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony of the Night View Post
if someone is murdered, does that mean they will forget how they died

---------- Post added 09-12-2016 at 01:23 PM ----------

and there is some way to guarantee that they will never encounter their murderer in heaven
What we deal with on this earth is baggage. All of our cares, worries, fears are just emotional baggage. We aren't going to have this emotional baggage in heaven. Simple as that. It would have to be that for a murder victim to meet his or her killer in heaven that the killer would have repented of that sin. I have no doubt there would be forgiveness between them as scripture points out that there will be no sorrow in heaven.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 09-13-2016, 10:25 PM

it must be difficult for someone to forgive their murderer

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-15-2016, 03:26 AM

Quote:
it must be difficult for someone to forgive their murderer
On earth it would be. But in Heaven there are no sorrows.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 09-15-2016, 04:21 AM

would you forgive all the people who have wronged you

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-15-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
would you forgive all the people who have wronged you
I would be lying if I said I wasn't still clinging to some earthly baggage. As part of growing spiritually, I'll eventually get there.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 09-16-2016, 12:13 AM

that is good of you mr. wrong

I think no matter what religion people observe, ideally the goal would be to free oneself of angers, jealously, et cetera and also not do bad things to others

of course, I can see how it would be difficult for people to forgive a murderer or rapist

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-16-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
that is good of you mr. wrong

I think no matter what religion people observe, ideally the goal would be to free oneself of angers, jealously, et cetera and also not do bad things to others

of course, I can see how it would be difficult for people to forgive a murderer or rapist
Well, those are certainly heinous crimes to be sure. But to not forgive is to enter into bitterness and resentment.

I'll post more about this later.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 09-22-2016, 09:26 PM

Consider me intrigued, Mr. Wrong:.

I would like to think myself Christian, however, I question too many things. I wonder about too many things and I doubt too many things. I am therefore evil in the eyes of the God you believe in.

Yet, I work hard, pay my bills, teach my child manners, take care of my pets, ect. I do good, yet am condemned evil by a man or woman I have never even met, heard, or felt because humans naturally sin.

With that said, let me ask you - Which God are you referring to? The merciless God who is basically unforgiving and hard or the forgiving version of Him? He is depicted in many different ways actually in different versions of the stories.

Also, the Bible makes statements about those who worship false gods as wrong, evil, and condemned. So, before Christianity, before Jesus, and before the God you are referring to here, many civilizations worshiped and believed in different Gods. So, what happened to them? What happened to the Greeks and Romans who believed in the Titans and the Olympian Gods? What happened to the Mayans and Aztecs and Native Americans that truly, truly, believed in many different gods, and not just the one true God from the Bibles? What of the Egyptians who worshiped and prayed to Osiris, Ptah (believed to be their god of creation), ect? Were they all condemned and sent to Hell? Did they go to a Heaven they didn't even believe in?

And where did the forgiving, caring God come from? When Christianity first came into play it was a VERY condemning religion. People were murdered if their beliefs differed. They were thought to be truly evil if they didn't go to church to worship God. And yet, the religion leaders of the time it first came into presence were so strict and had the power to condemn a man, woman, or child to death because they had different views. Wars actually broke out. And people were TERRIFIED of God. Terrified of his wrath. Terrified if they sinned they would immediately go to Hell. And the religious leaders spread is word and spread his terror. They used it to control the population, to control their subjects. And God gave them the power to do so. Not directly, but he didn't object either. In fact, he didn't lift a hand when millions of people were killed in His name. Murder is a sin. Yet it was not considered a sin if it was for God and made by the religious leaders.

And let us not forget the persecution of Jews for not have the same views of Christians and Catholics. I'm not talking about Hitler.

Quote:
The Inquisition is a group of institutions within the judicial system of the Catholic Church whose aim was to combat heresy[30] The Spanish Inquisition is often cited in popular literature and history as an example of Catholic intolerance and repression. The total number processed by the Inquisition throughout its history was approximately 150,000; applying the percentages of executions that appeared in the trials of 1560–1700—about 2%—the approximate total would be about 3,000 put to death. Nevertheless, it is likely that the toll was higher, keeping in mind the data provided by Dedieu and García Cárcel for the tribunals of Toledo and Valencia, respectively. It is likely that between 3,000 and 5,000 were executed.[31] About 50 people were executed by the Mexican Inquisition.[32] Included in that total are 29 people executed as "Judaizers" between 1571 and 1700 out of 324 people prosecuted for practicing the Jewish religion
Why is that okay? In the earlier days, not modern times obviously, other religions were prosecuted and strictly dealt with. Christians highly disliked Judaism and did not tolerate their practice, yet all of a sudden, Jesus Christ was Jewish? I guess you could say it was an act of God to try and change their view? Perhaps it could have been.

And I for one think the statement "He died for our sins" makes absolutely no sense. One king killed Him because he didn't agree with him. He thought Jesus to be false and didn't like Him claiming his crown. Now tell me this, what makes this murder any different from the murders of other religious leaders in the name of God and Christ? (Jewish leaders, Quakers, ect.) Yes, I know that Jesus Christ is said to be the Son of God and I know his importance.
Quote:
The statement attributed to Jesus "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" has been interpreted by some as a call to arms for Christians.[11] Mark Juergensmeyer argues that "despite its central tenets of love and peace, Christianity—like most traditions—has always had a violent side. The bloody history of the tradition has provided images as disturbing as those provided by Islam or Sikhism, and violent conflict is vividly portrayed in the Bible. This history and these biblical images have provided the raw material for theologically justifying the violence of contemporary Christian groups. For example, attacks on abortion clinics have been viewed not only as assaults on a practice that Christians regard as immoral, but also as skirmishes in a grand confrontation between forces of evil and good that has social and political implications
The beliefs in God has led to so much violence, pain, and suffering which is all linked to sins. Jesus died painfully and he suffered greatly for us, so why, WHY do Christians specifically resort to violent acts still today? It simply shows that religion dealings with God has always been linked with violence and not just by those nonbelievers who were considered evil.

I question religion. I question God. And I greatly question the stories in the Bible. While I'm not sure what I believe in, I cannot convince myself to believe in the Bible. I like logic and science, which although is flawed and imperfect, it is something I can believe in easier. We can date the Earth using technology. We can analyze fossils and ancient ruins. We can actually prove that the Earth is much older than what the Bible says.

When the Bible was written, humans weren't very intelligent. The majority could not read, nor could they write. Many of the stories were passed by mouth. And stories greatly change when they are passed around. That is simply a truth even of today. If Christ visited a village and healed a man of his sickness in that time period it could be rumored in he next town over how he had magical abilities and used only his hands when maybe he had actually used some sort of medicinal herb. My point is that stories and events change when they are spread by mouth. Yes, I know that scribes took it upon themselves to write down all the great events, but they were not at every single location. And things can become unintentionally exaggerated or changed. The Bible to me is simply a collection of stories Christians told that they believed to be true.

The Bible is ABSOLUTELY no different from the books and stories written about the Olympian Gods. The Romans and the Greeks believed these stories to be true as well and they praised them, shared them, and made them into books. Eventually Roman and Greek mythology died out when Christians pressed their ideas.

And this is simply meant to be a friendly, no-insulting discussion. I enjoy these kind of things.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-22-2016, 09:34 PM

yes.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 09-22-2016, 09:41 PM

And let us not forget that the Bible is Man made. The text inside is translated by Man. And Man makes mistakes. Man can lie.

Homosexuality was a disgrace that Christian religious leaders highly hated. A Man could easily put a passage in the Bible because Man can sin.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-22-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Romans 12:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
This is what God says about those who kill in his name. Clearly those who break the Ten Commandments are acting outside of God's laws and should not be considered Christians.

More on this later.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 09-25-2016 at 05:37 AM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-25-2016, 04:09 AM

Quote:
John 10:10-29 King James Version (KJV)

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
God is certainly not merciless. You would know this if you cared to read the bible. The bible tells us in John 3:16 that Jesus died for our sins. What bigger act of mercy could their possibly be?

The Jews of Jesus's day wanted to crucify Him because Jesus claimed to be the Messiah or Son of God. They expected Jesus to become a political leader and end the Roman occupation of Israel. When Jesus failed to meet these expectations, He was captured, abused, and taken before Pilate where it was demanded that He be executed for falsely claiming to be God. Pilate questioned Jesus, but found no fault with Him. This is the story where Pilate washes his hands meaning that it isn't he who is putting Jesus to death, but rather the Jews.

---------- Post added 09-24-2016 at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Also, the Bible makes statements about those who worshipzfalsezgods as wrong, evil, and condemned. So, before Christianity, before Jesus, and before the God you are referring to here, many civilizations worshiped and believed in different Gods. So, what happened to them? What happened to the Greeks and Romans who believed in the Titans and the Olympian Gods? What happened to the Mayans and Aztecs and Native Americans that truly,ztruly, believed in many different gods, and not just the oneztruezGod from the Bibles? What of the Egyptians who worshiped and prayed to Osiris, Ptah (believed to be their god of creation), ect? Were they all condemned and sent to Hell? Did they go to a Heaven they didn't even believe in?
God makes it quite clear in the first two of the Ten Commandments the He doesn't tolerate worship of any gods but Him. I am reading in the book of Ezekiel that God is killing those who worshiped false gods in His Temple. The fate of those killed is that they are ccondemned to destruction.

---------- Post added 09-24-2016 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
This verse deals with the Greek or Gentile who lives ignorant of God's word and/or is outside of God's covenant with Israel. There is greater explanation of this verse online if you care to research it.

---------- Post added 09-24-2016 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote:
And where did the forgiving, caring God come from? When Christianity first came into play it was a VERY condemning religion. People were murdered if their beliefs differed. They were thought to be truly evil if they didn't go to church to worship God. And yet, the religion leaders of the time it first came into presence were so strict and had the power to condemn a man, woman, or child to death because they had different views. Wars actually broke out. And people were TERRIFIED of God. Terrified of his wrath. Terrified if they sinned they would immediately go to Hell. And the religious leaders spread is word and spread his terror. They used it to control the population, to control their subjects. And God gave them the power to do so. Not directly, but he didn't object either. In fact, he didn't lift a hand when millions of people were killed in His name. Murder is a sin. Yet it was not considered a sin if it was for God and made by the religious leaders.
If you read the book of Genesis then you will know that the loving and caring god has always existed. What you are telling me about here is the Catholic church abusing its powers utterly, thoroughly, and completely. It was the Catholic church that has put to death more Christians than any other group. But just because a church or an individual kills in God's name, hardly means that God has ordained this killing. God forbids murder in the Ten Commandments.

God and His Word are not about terror and never have been. Again, you would know this if you actually studied the bible for yourself. Those who use the Word of God to spread terror and control people do so for their own selfish gain. Jesus instructed he disciples to take His Word to the four corners of the earth. At no time did Jesus ever command His followers to kill those who were deemed heretics.

The first name given to Satan is slander. We know that Satan comes to steal, to kill, and to destroy. This is what slander does. To assassinate one's character or reputation. In other words, to lie. How best to slander Christians or Christianity than to slander it by saying it was Christians who committed these evil deeds rather than those actually responsible?
My father was very fond of telling me repeatedly while I was growing up that just because that mouse is in the cookie jar doesn't make that mouse a cookie. You know this saying better as "Things aren't always as they seem."

Read the book of John. This book of the gospel is all about Jesus ministering to those He encountered in His journeys. Jesus never made anyone terrified of Him and He never condemned any sinner. Satan is the one who condemns. It is Satan who says to you that you are no good. When God finds fault with you, He convicts you. He calls out your sin and wants you to repent. This is why we feel guilty when we do something we know is wrong.

---------- Post added 09-24-2016 at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote:
The beliefs in God has led to so much violence, pain, and suffering which is all linked to sins. Jesus died painfully and he suffered greatly for us, so why, WHY do Christians specifically resort to violent acts still today? It simply shows that religion dealings with God has always been linked with violence and not just by those nonbelievers who were considered evil.
The opposite of what you contend here is true. Believing in God has NOT led us to violence, pain, and suffering. Sin leads us to violence, pain, and suffering. The trouble starts when we stray AWAY from God and His Ten Commandments. The purpose of the Ten Commandments is so that we DON'T get hurt.

And again I address those committing acts of violence in God's name as being wrong. Those who commit murder in God's name are still doing just that...committing murder. So why do these acts of violence still persist? Because of our failing to heed God's Word. God is to take vengeance. We are not.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 09-25-2016 at 06:11 AM..

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 09-25-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
King James Bible
God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
Quote:
Holman Christian Standard Bible
The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD takes vengeance and is fierce in wrath. The LORD takes vengeance against His foes; He is furious with His enemies.
Quote:
English Revised Version
The LORD is a jealous God and avengeth; the LORD avengeth and is full of wrath; the LORD taketh vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
The seven deadly sins include wrath and envy. So according to this bible exert found in different bibles, God sins.

Quote:
Exodus 20:5
You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,
Quote:
Joel 2:18
New International Version
Then the LORD was jealous for his land and took pity on his people.

New Living Translation
Then the LORD will pity his people and jealously guard the honor of his land.

English Standard Version
Then the LORD became jealous for his land and had pity on his people.
This is what I don't understand. If God sins then should he also not be considered evil as we are? For he made man to resemble him. And he also made men inferior to women. Another thing I cannot agree with.

More on your post later.

---------- Post added 09-25-2016 at 07:18 PM ----------

Now let me add real quick: I am not saying I do not believe in him. I just do not know what to believe. I lack faith. Either way, I am therefore condemned to my fate. You know, I would truly love to believe in a Heaven and an Almighty God who watches over us. See that is the root of all religion. No one wants to truly believe they are alone. They do not want to believe there is nothing after they die. So, yes, I do hope there is a heaven. I'd like to be able to see all the loved ones I have lost again. But my doubts will prevent that. It is just who I am and if there is a God then he should understand. At least I would hope so, but though you say his is merciful, he is also wrathful. And has pride, which is another sin.

The reason why I say he has pride is because he hates when someone denies him as the true God. Someone humble, someone noble, and truly good would be patient and understand the struggle to have faith. He would understand people's flaws and would tolerate their choices. But he doesn't. He thinks everyone should obey him. Bow and pray to him and only him. That is pride. And that is power hungry. He should understand how we humans think. He should understand our flaws and be okay if we worship other deities, because he is supposed to love us unconditionally. He is supposed to be merciful and forgiving.

Now before you get upset or mad or whatever about that statement let me ask you this: If a normal human being craved power and demanded of all those in his land to claim him as their king and no other. To obey him and worship him or be punished and condemned, he would be disliked. He would be considered greedy and power hungry and cruel. But God does this exact same thing and yet he should be praised and loved.

I get it, don't get me wrong, He is God and that is viewed differently. But the similarities are unmistakable to me.

---------- Post added 09-25-2016 at 07:23 PM ----------

And you're wrong. Believing in God does lead to violence. It still does today. And Christianity is actually considered the most violent religion today. Many people still commit violent acts in His name. Yes, that is human fault, but they believe that God would want it that way.

People attack abortion clinics still today and claim it as an act of God. Their beliefs in God justify their actions in their minds. They feel it righteous. Again, yes it is human error, but their beliefs are what leads them.

---------- Post added 09-25-2016 at 07:25 PM ----------

Here's an excerpt from an article by Vincenzo Oliveti, author of Terror's Source:

Quote:
"In the 20th century alone, Western and/or Christian powers have been responsible for at least twenty times more deaths than have Muslim powers. In this most brutal of centuries, we created incomparably more civilian casualties than have Muslims in the whole of Islamic history. This continues even in our day—witness the slaughter of 900,000 Rwandans in 1994 in a population that was over 90 % Christian; or the genocide of over 300,000 Muslims and systematic rape of over 100,000 Muslim women by Christian Serbs in Bosnia between 1992 and 1995. The horrible truth is that, numerically and statistically speaking, Christian Civilization is the bloodiest and most violent of all civilizations in all of history, and is responsible for hundreds of millions of deaths" -Vincenzo Oliveti-

Last edited by Velvet; 09-25-2016 at 07:26 PM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-26-2016, 06:13 AM

What I remember about the slaughter in Rwanda was that Bill Clinton sat idly by as the genocide occured. He had the opportunity to send in U.N. troops to confiscate a large cache of weapons without much fear of attack and yet he chose to do nothing. Christian? Hardly. I think this nation has abandoned God and now prefers to be ruled by criminals.

What occured in Bosnia and that region in the mid 90s was also a fiasco. Bill Clinton refused to send any aid to the muslims being killed in Albania and elsewhere. This only fueled more killing. Then we had the two birds with one stone trick. To avoid the impeachment process, Bubba decided to bomb Belgrade so as to divert attention away from him. While this halted the war for the most part, it angered Russia.

After the Berlin Wall came down, Russians were warming up to the United States to whatever small degree. Thanks to the philanderer-in-chief, that bombing fomented those old Cold War feelings once again.

So I poked around the internet and found the entire article written by this Vicento Olivetti. From what I have read so far, he seems to be a terrorist apologist. He seems willing to attach Christianity to any killings commited by whites while holding Islam nearly blameless because terrorists have killed fewer people than two World Wars.

It's after 2am as I post this so I'll get back to it later.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 09-26-2016, 11:09 PM

You gave me the facts about those events and linked them to Clinton, ect. But my point of quoting that article is that Christians committed those acts. It doesn't matter whether Clinton helped or didn't help for that is not the point. One cannot deny the violent acts that have been done by the Christian religion.

Again, I was a Christian and I went to church my entire childhood so I am not attacking the religion out of dislike or hate.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-02-2016, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
You gave me the facts about those events and linked them to Clinton, ect. But my point of quoting that article is that Christians committed those acts. It doesn't matter whether Clinton helped or didn't help for that is not the point. One cannot deny the violent acts that have been done by the Christian religion.

Again, I was a Christian and I went to church my entire childhood so I am not attacking the religion out of dislike or hate.
My point about Bill Clinton is that he acted purely for his own interests and not for America the "Christian nation" or Christian principles.

To be a Christian means believing in God and obeying God's Word and commandments. God commands that thou shall not murder and that vengeance is His. Those who go against these laws do so of their own accord and are acting contrary to what Christianity is and to label those who commit acts of evil in the name of Christianity is a fallacy.

---------- Post added 10-01-2016 at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Revelation 22:18 (KJV) For I testify to every man that hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add to these things, God shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
This scripture addresses man adding things to the bible or taking things away.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 10-02-2016 at 05:40 AM..

jupiter
inactive account

Old 10-10-2016, 02:20 AM

That's fucking wild, as I seem to recall an awful lot of juxtaposition with the Bible and its self-elected leaders. Hell, even its followers. You're supposed to be a virgin before you're married to a man, right? And submit to men--in multiple religions it reads like this. Why would I ever in my right mind believe in God?

Because, as far as I know, he's done shit all for women.
Or kids, or people who don't believe in him, or the planet, etc., etc., etc.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-10-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
That's fucking wild, as I seem to recall an awful lot of juxtaposition with the Bible and its self-elected leaders. Hell, even its followers. You're supposed to be a virgin before you're married to a man, right? And submit to men--in multiple religions it reads like this. Why would I ever in my right mind believe in God?

Because, as far as I know, he's done shit all for women.
Or kids, or people who don't believe in him, or the planet, etc., etc., etc.
If you should ever care to read The Book of Genesis, you will know precisely how much God has done for man and woman alike. God created the Garden of Eden and put Adam and Eve in it. They had it easy. They only had to NOT eat the forbidden fruit and they messed it up. Not just for them, but for their children and all following generations including you and I.

And it's laughable to think that God has done nothing for those who choose not to believe in Him. Let me give you a short list of folks whom I believe actually hold God in contempt and do quite well for themselves.

Obama: Multimillionaire; hates God; hates America; hates heterosexuality.

Hillary Clinton: Multimillionaire; hates God and America, too.

Bernie Sanders: Wealthy; hates God and sound economics.

Bill Maher: Well off: avowed atheist, tv show host, produces documentaries showcasing his dislike for religion in general, but Christianity in particular.

George Soros: Billionaire; Financing just about every group or politician seeking to damage the United States. Why? Because Georgie hates that America is, or was, a Christian nation.

Richard Dawkins: scientist and avowed atheist. Even wrote a book about hating God called The God Delusion.

Alec Baldwin: accomplished film and tv actor and avowed atheist.

And the list goes on. Let's not forget that God could choose to kill all those who disobey Him, but does not. This is what the bible reads:
Quote:
Ezekiel 30-32 NKJV "Therefore I will judge you, O house of I srael, every one according to his ways," says the Lord God. "Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. "Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? "For I have no pleasure in death of one who dies," says the Lord God. "Therefore turn and live!"
Seems straightforward and fair to me.

Ancasta
(¬º-°)¬

Old 10-10-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
Obama: Multimillionaire; hates God; hates America; hates heterosexuality.

Hillary Clinton: Multimillionaire; hates God and America, too.

Bernie Sanders: Wealthy; hates God and sound economics.
Obama: Christian; has attended services at Trinity United Church of Christ for decades.

Clinton: Christian. This article goes into great detail about her lengthy church background, so I'll let it speak for its self.

Sanders: Ethnically Jewish, but admittedly not practicing. Not uncommon in Jewish families who lost relatives in the Holocaust.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-10-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancasta View Post
Obama: Christian; has attended services at Trinity United Church of Christ for decades.

Clinton: Christian. This article goes into great detail about her lengthy church background, so I'll let it speak for its self.

Sanders: Ethnically Jewish, but admittedly not practicing. Not uncommon in Jewish families who lost relatives in the Holocaust.
Clinton and Obama are liars of epidemic proportions. Provable spreaders of falsehoods. If lying is taught to be acceptable in any church is this church not reprobate?

Quote:
2 Timothy 4:3-4:5 NKJV 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
I don't know why you insert Bernie Sanders Into your point. My purpose of mentioning Sanders was to show that he is a non-believer that is prospering since it was asked of me to show what God has done for those who choose not to follow Him.

---------- Post added 10-10-2016 at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancasta View Post

Clinton and Obama are liars of epidemic proportions. Provable spreaders of falsehoods. If lying is taught to be acceptable in any church is this church not reprobate?

Quote:
2 Timothy 4:3-4:5 NKJV 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
I don't know why you insert Bernie Sanders Into your point. My purpose of mentioning Sanders was to show that he is a non-believer that is prospering since it was asked of me to show what God has done for those who choose not to follow Him.