View Poll Results: Is The Scorch Trials (the sequel to The Maze Runner) worth buying in hardcover!
Yes! I have read it and it is worth it. 0 0%
No. It's either mediocre or not that great... hold off. 0 0%
I'm not familiar with The Maze Runner series, sorry. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 PM

So... when a new harry potter book came out back in the day, everybody snatched it up even if the hardcover was twice the price.

I found myself doing the same thing with Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games trilogy. I purchased each on the very day they hit the shelves.

Now, I have read The Maze Runner, and I liked it okay, but I'm glad I waited until it came out in paperback (and was half the price) because I wasn't spellbound by it. It was interesting and has even affected my roleplaying, dreams, and wandering thoughts.

At the end of the first novel, they give you the first chapter or two of the preview for The Scorch Trials. Now, I went to the local Barnes and Noble (bookstore for anyone international), and asked if they had it in paperback and if not, when it would be in paperback...

I was told that they were trying to keep it in hard cover as long as possible to make more money, a tactic learned from the Harry Potter books... but The Maze Runner/The Scorch Trials is NOT Harry Potter...

So I pose this to you via a poll and any written responses... for those of you who enjoy both young adult and adult dystopian novels (The Giver, 1984, The Hunger Games trilogy), is The Scorch Trials worth buying in hardcover, or should I continue to keep it on my 'pick it up eventually when it is half the price' queue?