Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 03-07-2011, 02:57 AM

Hello fellow students, and welcome to the Sunshine Academy. Yes, yes, I know its kind of a boring name, but this academy is WAY better than it sounds, trust me! Here, you don't really learn much, other than having fun! You almost never get a backpack-splitting amount of homework and there is a 12 midnight curfew. The academy weather is almost always sunny, so no worries there. There are no books to haul around, and you never get to have any surprise deadlines, except for a few exceptions, anyway ^^". There is a huge lake where anyone can participate on one of the various sports, like waterskiing, swimming, diving and others in the summer and skating, short track, and ice fishing in the winter. The dorms are very luxurious buildings with lavish furnishings and beautiful veiw of the lake. Many recreational parks and facilities are around the academy, and you can go anywhere you like. Sunshine Academy is truly an awesome school, don't you think? Its located on the peaceful foresty outskirts of Seattle, where there are no wierd things happening and everything is calm and quiet. So come on over, okay? I'll be waiting!
Love, Rhea<3

Rules of the RP:
1) No Godmodding
2) Don't copy other people's ideas
3) Be nice. If you insult others more than once, you're out
4) Follow Menewsha TOS and rules. How easy is that?
5) Make up your own characters and teachers
6) Romance is allowed, but not to the extreme
7) Have fun!!

Profile Skeletons:
Students-
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Font color you will use:

Teachers-
Name:
Subject they teach:
Wanna know something about me?:
Personality:
Appearance:
Font color you will use:

EXAMPLES (CHARACTERS ARE MINE TO USE FOR THE RP)
-Student-
Name: Rhea Gabrielle
Grade: Sophomore
Wanna know something about me?: I lived with my mom for a long time. I never met my dad, but thats okay. I was actually the first student that attended this Academy. I was 13 years old at the time. I remember my mom and I would go to the flea market during my breaks from school and shop for the prettiest trinkets for both of us. Then we would have lunch at a cafe and talk about a lot of things. It was fun and I will never forget those times. I participate in many of the sports that are offered here, waterskiing my favorite. And of course I like to hike around the mountain trails, too! I used to live in France, but I moved here when I was 11.

Personality: She is a talkative, open-minded girl when it comes to talking. But she can sometimes have and attitude and a potty mouth when someone pisses her off. She has an interest in plushies and loves to read for her downtime. She loves to color blue and her hobbies are to work on a new novel series, waterskiing, and snowboarding.

Appearance: She is a small girl, around 5'1, with fair skin and striking grey eyes. She has dark brown hair that is layered and reaches just past her shoulders with bangs. She has one section of her hair that has a blue streak in it. she usually wears her uniform, but on cold chilly days, she likes to wear oversized sweaters over her uniform to keep her warm. Her teeth are a little crooked, but she has a charming smile.

Font Color: Teal

IMPORTANT! Please post all profiles HERE! Thank you<3

Last edited by Aimless.Wanderer; 02-04-2015 at 12:50 AM..

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 01-04-2015, 02:19 PM

*bumps thread because I completely forgot about it and hope that at least someone is interested in it *

-Teacher-
Name: George Rhesus

Subject they teach: Geography and History

Wanna know something about me?: I am a full-fledged nerd, as some of my students like to call me; I spends my free period reading history books and play video games when I get home from work. If you ask me anything about the latest cartoon series, I can explain it from the plot line, characters and little nuances that others can't catch. I can't really help it, though. I guess I've always embraced my inner kid. Don't mistake me for an easy teacher, though; just because I like cartoons doesn't mean I grade easily!

Personality: He is usually very serious, but can become a little child-like when it comes to discussing history or geography. He dislikes people who don't try their best at school and watermelons (he doesn't really remember why, but he still hates them). Running is another passion that he has along with history and geography. He is somewhat on the brooding side most of the time, which is surprising considering his age. Since he is somewhat shy, he becomes a little nervous when his fangirls crowd him in the hallway.

Appearance: He has messy brown curly hair and a light olive skin tone. He has a couple freckles on the bridge of his nose that are hidden when he wears his black-framed glasses. He is around 5'10 and wears polos and sweaters with khakis and dress shoes most of the time. His eyes are a brownish-green and has a boyish smile.

Font color you will use: Red

---------- Post added 01-04-2015 at 09:44 AM ----------

IMAGES!!

Sunshine Academy Main Campus:

Burhill House (Girl's Dorm, a 15 minute walk to and from the main campus):

Highway House (Boy's Dorm, a 20 minute walk to and from campus, unless you can find a shortcut):

Jensen House (Teacher's Dorm, right on campus):

Rooms (All rooms are the same in all the dorms):

Classrooms:

Auditorium:

Natatorium:

Grounds:

Last edited by Aimless.Wanderer; 01-06-2015 at 02:14 AM..

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 01-31-2015, 08:39 PM

[[Hello everyone! The RP has officially STARTED!! If you send in applications now, please PM them to me before you post something on the RP~ Thank you and have fun! ]]

Rhea was running through the large main hall of the Burhill house, stopping only to slip on her shoes and open the front door. She went flying (literally) across the street in a rush, looking at her watch. 7:30AM. "SHIT I'M GOING TO BE SO LATE!" She screamed out loud, earning her some judgmental looks from other people. She would have sassed them, but she didn't have the time today to do so.

She was already late enough waking up, she didn't want to be late for school. Unfortunately, the other girls decided they wanted to wake up late as well, and the queue to both bathrooms in the house were long enough that when she finally got a chance to freshen up, the water was freezing cold and she didn't get the opportunity to brush her teeth properly.

The first day of school just HAD to be so crappy, didn't it?

She had managed to run into the campus as soon as the gates were closing and rush into her class before the teacher noticed that she was gone. "Safe..!" She muttered to herself, trying to calm her heavy breathing and appearing as normal as possible.

"Rhea Gabrielle?"

"Here!"

"Ah yes. I hope you know that I was aware of your rush into my class, right?" She blushed a furious pink as the other students chortled in amusement. The teacher wasn't one of her favorites at all, for this particular reason.

"I'm sorry, ma'am."

"Don't do this again for the rest of the semester, do you understand?" She nodded grimly, her cheeks still a bright red as the chortling died down a little with the rap of the teacher's ruler. "Okay! Time for the pop quiz!" She breathed and took out a piece of paper. Other than that little mishap this morning, she hoped that she would be able to get through the day just fine...

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

"Hey Mr. Rhesus! Can I go to the bathroom?" An obnoxious student yelled out in the middle of his lecture. Again. George was starting to get sick and tired of this daily occurrence. He wondered when his application to Sunshine Academy would be reviewed and accepted. He had submitted an application to the school when he found an ad in the paper that they were looking for a qualified history teacher to teach the students and replace the one that they had.

"Yes you may~" He replied over his shoulder, smirking to himself when he heard the scraping of chair legs and scuffling of shoes on the tile floors. "Oh, and by the way, when you come back, why don't you tell all of us how your trip to the bathroom was, okay?" He retorted, turning around to face the boy, Tony, whose cheeks turned pink at the snarky comment. The whole class started to hoot and howl with laughter.

He was going to miss some of these kids, but other than that, he wasn't going to miss much else of this school, especially the mostly obnoxious rich students and parents. Some of the rich kids had as much common sense as an eraser, he sometimes wondered what they were doing in school.

Other then blowing their parent's allowance money on drugs.

Either way, when the last hour bell rang, he announced the homework for the class (which was met with the usual groan and/or high pitched scream of anguish) and sat back in his chair. He began to type up some grades and send some emails back to concerned parents when he received a phone call from the office.

"Hello, this is secretary Deb from the main office. You have mail waiting in the office." Her nasally voice vibrated in his ear, making him cringe.
"Okay, thanks, Deb." He replied, hanging up the phone before he could listen to her talking about her worthless husband or her numerous escapades to the tropics to get away from her life. He had the slightest (or not so slight) hint that she was hitting on him because every time they were alone somewhere, she would start talking to him about her life as if they were close friends. Not to mention her creepy looks that she would shoot across the room for no particular reason. Hell, the woman was twice his age! She should be looking for someone else. He mentally prepared himself for the awkward encounter in the office as he locked the classroom door.

Making his way to the office, there was the white and silver envelope waiting for him sure enough on the office desk. Is that what I think it is... He wondered, internally cheering inside when he saw the official seal of the school. He made limited conversation with Deb as he opened the envelope. His eyes widened as he read what was on the letter, but there were only two words that he couldn't get out of his mind.

"You're accepted!"

Last edited by Aimless.Wanderer; 02-02-2015 at 12:20 AM..

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 02-04-2015, 12:37 PM

Ella tried not to quake so much. The entire car was shaking because of her. "Come on, Ella, you need to go," Ella's brother, Will, chided. "You can't stay in the car forever." He opened the door for her to get out. "I heard they have a great music room," he said and smiled, knowing her love for music. Ella's blue eyes widened as he said it. Silently, she got out of the car. "Bye," she said. "Have a good first day, Ella, and don't forget to talk to people. You have to make friends here, okay?" he said and smiled at her.

Ella stood there and watched her brother drive off. She sighed and looked at the school. She was scared of a lot of things. Her brother wouldn't be there anymore, so there would be no one to understand her anger management issues. The school campus was huge, so she knew she would get lost a few times before she got the hang of the school. She was horrible at making friends, and she knew she would be friendless here. But Ella was not one for tears. Putting up a brave face, she went through the gates, wondering what the school would bring to her life.

She went and picked up a map of the school(and a confusing map it was, for the school was humongous) and tried to look for her classroom. She walked in and out of corridors and after a while, she stopped and looked up. She had no idea where she was. She got a little angry but continued to look for her classroom. It was her first day of high school and she was not going to let this one event ruin it.

Suddenly, the bell rang. Classes had started. Ella lost her cool. She let out a scream of despair and dropped down to her knees and pounded her fists on the floor.

LoonyLunetta
Ninja like a turtle~

Old 02-04-2015, 06:47 PM

There was a little jingling sound just loud enough for Emilia to hear through her sleep. Her eyes popped open and traveled to her phone where the alarm for the first day of school was sounding. She turned it off and carefully placed her feet on the carpeted floor as she sleepily rubbed her eyes and yawned. It was about 5:30 am. She liked being ready for school and this was a whole new one so she had to be extra ready. She slipped on the new uniform she had set out the night before, and sat down at her vanity to brush out her hair and braid it.

She heard a 'knock knock THUD' on the door that was most likely jazz using his head head to hold himself up on the door. She had set his alarm to 6 so he would get up with her and he was probably pretty upset about it about now. " If that's you jazz go get ready for school " she said with a smirk. He was always pulling pranks on her and today was her turn. Jazz stumbled in disregarding her order and flopped down on her bed, pretending to snore. A few minutes later he sat up rubbing his eyes "Why would you do that to me? " She laughed and went up and poked him in the stomach. "payback little brother" That always irked him. He hated he came out second and she rubbed it in all the time. "c'mon go get ready I'm gonna go make breakfast and then we need to go" Jazz rolled off her bed and stumbled out the door

Aside from his startling awakening from the lovely fire siren his sister used as an alarm, Jasper was having an okay morning. Emi made him breakfast and was now dragging him by the sleeve to the car to get off to school. It was about a 20 minute drive to the school. They had been in other boarding schools but none like this one. Apparently this was the best and it was new so there weren't many students. 'MAYBE Emi wont be so shy and lonely' he thought as he put his headphones on and leaned on his sister and tried not to doze off.

Finally the school was in view. It was big and fancy. 'Go figure.' he thought as he looked over to his sister who had a Stiff wide eyed terrified look. She always seemed so eager to go to school but absolutely afraid of everything about it. He rolled his eyes adjusted his headphones and played with the thick braid of dark hair coming out of his hood hitting his sister with it to try to loosen her up. Which didnt work. He rolled his eyes again as the car stopped. He grabbed their school bags and slung them one over each shoulder. He then reached his hand into the car to help Emi. Nothing. 'sigh' "C'mon Emi" he said reaching in and pulling her out by the wrist. "Ow jazz Dont pull my arm like that" she said pulling free. "Class is gonna start soon and we need to get to the office for our schedules" he said letting go and walking off.

Mira wandered about the school campus looking for her classroom. She was so excited for class to start she had forgotten where her new class even was! She knew it was in the back of the school on the second floor but she couldn't remember what the room number was. Finally frustrated enough with the aimless wandering and fearing being late for her first class she put down the 6 bags of art supplies she had been holding and started digging frantically through each one.

She finally found what she was looking for. A crumpled up piece of paper. It was her acceptance letter that she had gotten a few months earlier. Searching the page she found what she was looking for. She looked up searching the door numbers. "Of course I would be standing right in front of it" She said with an exasperated sigh and pulled out her classroom keys. The door swung open to a very plain, boring room with a few windows. She flipped on the light switch, put her hands to her hips and sighed again. "This place definitely needs a facelift." she said, and went on to unload her bags.

Last edited by LoonyLunetta; 02-04-2015 at 06:54 PM..

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-06-2015, 01:32 AM

The bell signalling first period rung and she made sure that she was the first person that shot out of that wretched woman's room. She couldn't stand her at all; first a pop quiz and now a test two weeks from now?? This woman seemed to take her job really seriously, much to Rhea's disappointment. Her other teachers didn't even assign any homework or anything obligatory to their students, other than the occasional structured project or activity that required the whole class.

The rest of the time was spent discussing random topics related to the class the students were wondering about. She remembered one time in science class a student had mentioned something about outer space, and the whole hour was dedicated to a heated discussion about the existence of life on other planets and the philosophy behind it. It was seriously wonderful.

It was especially great for someone like herself, who was naturally talkative. She loved to exert her opinion on a subject and learning from other kids. To be honest, she didn't remember a single thing the lady taught her since last year. I guess she's late to the program... she thought to herself smugly, walking out of the large doors into the campus grounds.

She saw a strange girl in uniform crouched down, beating her fists against the sidewalk and sobbing. She seemed to be in a sour mood, so Rhea decided to go and talk to her. Her caring side was driving her towards the girl, and she slowly tiptoed her way towards the hysterical figure. "Hey, are you alright..?"

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Elated and excited, George hopped into his car to go home. After the acceptance letter had come in, he felt invincible and light, as if nothing could bring him down. He had notified the principal beforehand about his transfer, and the principal didn't seem to care. But he didn't mind.

After all, this was going to be a new chapter of his life. Nothing can get in his way now. And this school that he applied to was different; the students here had a choice on what they wanted to learn and how they wanted to learn it, and the teacher was used as a means of learning, rather than an authorative figure in the classroom.

To be honest, he liked this way of teaching better. It would save him a lot of heartbreak trying to motivate students to do their own work. He couldn't get that silly large grin off his face, so he turned the radio on loud to have a mini celebration as he drove.

Getting home, he jumped out of his car and entered his home. Looking around the spotless home, he sighed. This home was going to be abandoned nine months out of the year, and only three months he would be able to spend here. Sunshine Academy required the teachers to stay in the school-sponsored boarding house that was on campus. At least he could trust his niece, who was going to be going to college in this city, to take care of it while he stayed at the school during the school year. She was a responsible girl, and taking care of a house like this while he was gone would be no problem to him.

Making his way towards his room, he took out the large, dusty duffel bag and started throwing in everything that he needed for the nine months that he was gone. After he was done, he looked back and exhaled a satisfied sigh. Grabbing his phone, he rewarded himself with Chinese takeout and a season marathon of his favorite shows before he had to leave tomorrow.

Last edited by Aimless.Wanderer; 02-13-2015 at 09:37 PM..

LoonyLunetta
Ninja like a turtle~

Old 02-06-2015, 04:57 AM

She sat gaping at the huge building in front of her. Shaking her head ridding herself of her minor anxiety attack, Emi realized her brother had taken off without her. It was so big and beautiful she couldn't help but stare at it. She ran to catch up with jazz and followed closely behind him as they made their way through the front entrance. The office wasn't hard to find and soon they had their schedules and the location of their dorms. Parting ways with Jazz, Emi headed off to her class. She went up several flights of stairs and long empty corridors before she finally found the right room. The class was nearly empty.

"Good I'm early." She mumbled to herself taking a seat near the front next to the windows, pulling out a book to read. She was hoping they wouldn't have assigned seats so she could keep this one.

Students filed in one by one taking seats and chattering to each other about their morning. One last student rushed in before the bell rang. Followed closely by the teacher who reprimanded the girl for being late to her class. The teacher began roll call and started off class with a pop quiz.

Emi finished the quiz in time to read another chapter in her book before the bell rang. Everyone emptied into the hallways all at once except for Emi who was slowly packing her things to avoid the rush. The hallways still had a few students but not many. She pulled out her schedule and headed to her next class.

Jasper watched his sister disappear behind a building. Replacing his headphones over his ears he started making his way to his first class. It wasnt much of a walk to get there but still he walked in as the bell rang. His teacher didnt seem to care much and there werent many students in here anyways so he flopped down in the front desk near the door and pulled his headphones off. Normally he wouldnt care about what was going on but this teacher seemed...odd. He watched as she was scurrying about the room putting hand drawn pictures on walls and clay trinkets on shelves too busy to even notice the bell rang, or that there were even students in the room with her. One of the students who had come in right before him spoke up letting her know it was time for class. The entire class erupted in laughter as she jumped and threw all the papers in her arms to the floor.

"Oh! Goodness me! When did you all get here?!" Jazz and a few other front row students got up and helped her pick up papers. Class proceeded a lot like it started. She kinda fumbled about talking about art and hanging pictures and dropping things here and there not noticing they hit the floor.

'This class is gonna be interesting' he thought to himself as he followed behind her picking things up as she dropped them. The rest of the class sat listening. Soon the bell rang and she finally introduced herself as Ms J. as the class was leaving.

Jazz handed her the papers he was holding for her, grabbed his stuff and headed for his next class.

Her first class was over and she blew it completely. "I KNEW I should have come a day earlier!" Mira wined to herself slouching in her chair FINALLY finished with all the things she wanted up. 'I sure hope the next class was as nice as the first' She thought as she slouched even farther into her chair. This was a free period for her which meant she could have continued decorating after her first class had she actually thought about it at the time. Now that she had nothing to do she sat back and looked around her room. It was smaller than she thought it would be but about the right size for what she needed it for.

She pulled out a drawing pad and a pencil and decided to draw until her next class was to start. She hoped the next period would go a bit smoother than the first!

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 02-06-2015, 12:00 PM

Ella looked up at the stranger, her face wet from tears and red with anger. First day of school and she was already going to be labeled "weirdo." She wiped her tears away in a brutal fashion that would not usually be associated with her, unless you knew her well. "I've been through worse," she said curtly, got up, brushed herself off and walked off, trying to decipher the map in her hands. The girl who had come to talk to her was forgotten after a few minutes of walking. Ella was capable of being very rude if she was in one of her anger bouts.

Finally, Ella got sick of trying to decipher the map and looked around for a dustbin. She went over to the first one she found and dropped the map in it. She wandered aimlessly for a while, cooling herself off in the process. And then, she remembered the girl. She had been so nice to come and ask if she was okay. Why had Ella been so rude to her? Shaking her head, she realized that her anger bout had just pushed away a potential friend. Deciding that she should go and apologize to the girl she ran back the way she came, but she couldn't find her. Not only that, she found herself in a completely new place that she didn't recognize from her aimless walks.

Ella continued to walk from place to place. She was surprised that she didn't see anybody in the entire school. Was she walking in some abandoned part of the school, somehow? It was a pretty big school, so there could be a place like that. Great. Not only did she manage to get lost, she got lost in a place where nobody could ever see her. She kept on walking and finally saw a room that wasn't a classroom. A huge plate above the door said "Music Room" in huge letters. A music room! Ella pressed her ear close to the door. The room was empty. She pushed the door open and went inside, not caring about missing her classes. She could just say she got lost, and that wouldn't even be a lie.

She closed the door behind her. Such a huge music room, she thought. And a beautiful one at that. She spotted the piano. Unable to resist, she sat down at the piano and began to play.

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-09-2015, 11:35 PM

Rhea was stunned for a moment at the girl's angry outburst. As she got up and walked away, she wondered how badly she had been upset and figured she should've just left her alone in her own thoughts. She didn't blame the girl at all; she too would become snappy at other people when she was upset or angry. But never angry enough to scare off others. If it wasn't her, it would've been one of those preppy kids that didn't like anyone else but themselves. Then that wouldn't work out so well for her...

But was it that bad? On her first day of school, too? She was indeed an interesting character...

Sighing, she got up off her knee and dusted her skirt off, flicking off some of the small pebbles that embedded in her knees when she was kneeling in front of the girl. Rhea scanned the area for a place to rest before classes started and found one of her favorite places. Trotting over to her favorite tree, a tall strong oak tree that was there for a while, she laid down in the cool grass underneath its shade and plugged in her earbuds, soft music from her favorite bad playing. Before she knew it, she was dozing off to sleep.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:51 PM

Lorinda walked threw the halls of her new school feeling nervous. She hated being shy some times it caused her to get very nervous and shake uncontrollably if it lasted to long. She nearly yelped as a girl burst out in anger dodging behind a column watching the two other girls talk the only sign of her presence was her sneakers though she was breathing heavily.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 02-13-2015, 08:23 AM

Ella played her favorite tune three times over before she stopped playing. She admired the piano and got up to walk over to the window. She looked out and saw the entire campus. It was really gorgeous, she thought. She looked forward to the day when she would be able to walk around the place without getting lost. That day seemed pretty far off to her at the moment, though. She admired the grounds and suddenly she spotted the girl from earlier. "Oh my God, it's her!" she almost squealed and dashed off towards the door of the music room when she realized that she didn't know how to get out. She looked out the window again. She hadn't climbed any stairs so she was still on the ground floor. Which meant that she could climb out the window without getting hurt.

Ella opened the window and, with a deftness that could be associated with a dancer, jumped out the window and landed on her feet, light as a cat. She walked over to the tree where the girl was sleeping. Ella smiled to herself. The girl was pretty. She sat down beside the sleeping girl and leaned in closer to try to figure out what she was listening to. The song was from a pretty famous band. Ella looked at her watch. Twenty minutes to the next class. She decided to wake the girl ten minutes before classes started so that there was enough time to get to the classes.

LoonyLunetta
Ninja like a turtle~

Old 02-14-2015, 07:12 PM

Emi wasnt used to the large breaks that came with classes here. Though she guessed it had something to do with the concept of the school and the fact that this was a school with dormatories. She decided to take a walk before class. She left her things at her desk and headed out among the grounds to find Jazz.

Pulling his headphones back up over his ears Jazz headed off to find a spot to draw. It was nice outside so he slung his jacket over his shoulder and pulled out a pair of sunglasses. Passing tree's left and right he found the perfect spot to sit. He removed his glasses put his jacket down, slumped against the tree and pulled out his art book and began looking for something to draw. There under a tree nearby were two pretty girls sitting together. He figured that was as good as any and set to work. " Hey Emi." he said as his sister slumped next to him pulling his headphones down again for him so they could talk. "Hey Jazz. How was class?" she asked. He told her what had happened in class. " You're gonna love that class then" she said giggling. She looked down at what he was drawing, nodded, looked back up and started quietly humming her favorite tune. He turned his music off knowing she'd be sad if he didn't listen and continued drawing.

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-15-2015, 04:46 AM

Rhea was subconsciously listening to her music, and when she finally realized that there was no sound flowing through her earbuds, she slid her eyes open a little to see the blurry figure of a girl sitting next to her. She seemed to be staring off into space, so she didn't want to disturb her - wait a second. That was the girl from before!! She's back! But what was she doing here, exactly? She thought, looking at her long purple hair. Was that natural, to have naturally purple hair? Because for some reason, it looked pretty on her. The girl next to her seemed to be much calmer now, staring off into space with the half hour break in between classes. Deciding to leave the girl to her own devices, she just laid there, half awake with a small smile on her face.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~! ~!~!~

George woke up to some loud commotion in the kitchen. The first thing he thought was that it was a burglar trying to rob his house. Which he thought was foolish because he had already put everything to storage earlier this week, so there was barely anything in the house. But regardless, he got up and made his way to the kitchen, sight blurry and still in his pajamas. There, through what he could see from his squinty vision, was his niece and nephew, trying to cook something up in the kitchen.

They were brother and sister, and were both going to stay here and go to school while George was off teaching at Sunshine. His nephew was the younger one of two siblings, a sophomore in high school and rather talkative for a boy. He liked to talk about anything and everything, and he was pretty good at bullshitting his way through his classes, which impressed and disgusted George at the same time. The girl was a college student and offered to take care of the house and her brother while George was gone, so that the house wouldn't have to say empty all year. Unlike the boy, the girl was rather quiet and like to sit in a corner by herself and read. She was pretty shy and awkward, which made her very endearing, as far as George was concerned. She was his favorite niece. They would always discuss history and the latest cartoons on TV and she was always talking to him about her problems.

Anyhow, it was pretty clear who was at fault for this one.

"Ben? What the hell is going on here?"

"Hey, Uncle, rise and shine!" The boy replied, a silly grin on his face that was instantly snatched away with a smack to the back of the head.

"Sorry, Uncle George. We were going to fix up breakfast before you left, but this dork over here wanted it NOT to be a surprise." She jumped in, putting the bag of flour she was assaulting her brother with earlier, on the floor.

"It's okay, Lola. Don't worry about it too much, I need to get to the airport ASAP anyways. Please clean this up before we leave, okay?" She nodded, immediately getting to work on cleaning the dishes. Ben, however, wasn't done being the little poop George thought he was, and asked him a millionth question on evolution. It was about to drive him nuts until Ben was left on the outside of the bedroom and didn't bother coming in.

George knew it was mean, but he needed to have some private time to myself.

After he got ready and fixed the three of them a small breakfast, they all headed out to the car, Lola in the front seat driving, while Ben and George were in the back.

The ride to the airport was uncharacteristically silent for the Rhesus family. Usually the speakers were blasting loud music along with the chatter. Lola decided to keep it quiet so that George could focus on his new job.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 02-17-2015, 11:56 AM

Ella heard the other girl stir and looked at her. She was awake. "Oh hello," she said brightly. "I'm glad you're awake. I thought that I would have to wake you if it got too late." She put on a solemn face and said,"By the way, I wanted to say I was sorry for being rude to you earlier. It's my anger management issues, they're hard to control." She smiled at the girl a little sheepishly. "My name's Ella. Ella Crayne." She held out her hand to the girl, hoping she'd accept it.

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-19-2015, 02:42 PM

Rhea heard the girl speaking and she opened her eyes, sitting up. To her chagrin, she didn't catch the majority of what she had said because she was still somewhat asleep, but she assumed that she had wandered over to her to apologize for her little outburst. Rubbing her eyes, she blinked and looked at the girl. She had pale skin, the bluest eyes and her purple hair. Rhea was still wondering if it was real or not until she heard, "My name's Ella. Ella Crayne."

That was such a pretty name. It was a pretty name that suited her; its just her anger that threw Rhea off a little bit. Ella had stuck out her hand, and by the small crease in between her eyebrows, she was worried. She probably was worried whether or not she would accept her apology.

With a big grin, Rhea ignored her hand and gave her a big hug instead. "No worries! It happens to the best of us! And besides, it's your first day, isn't it? So I'll help you!" She pulled away and nodded vigorously to Ella, letting go of her shoulders.

Getting up and dusting her skirt off, she reached a hand out to help the girl up. "By the way, I'm Rhea Gabrielle. Rhea as in a ray of sunshine! Let's have a good day together, okay?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George was waiting in the seating area at his gate. Looking down at the ticket in his hands, he sighed. He wondered what this new school was going to be like, and prayed that the new teacher that was coming in to replace him was able to keep up with those rowdy kids. He met her before he left, and half-heartedly gave her his email in case she needed his help on anything. But apparently she hadn't emailed him yet, so he thought that she had everything under control.

And besides, he kept on worrying about Lola and Ben. He wondered whether it was okay for him to leave them in a house all alone in a new city. He knew that his sister wasn't keen on letting her children stay alone in his house, but he had offered to send them money every so often so they wouldn't have to solely keep the house in line. He was more worried about Ben, though. Given the chance, he would probably blow up his house if he wanted to.

Which he hoped wasn't the case.

The final boarding call was what snapped George out of his thoughts, as he got up with everyone else and headed to the gate entrance. Here was the start to a new career and, hopefully, a new life.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 02-20-2015, 12:11 PM

The sudden hug startled Ella, but only temporarily. She hugged the girl back and smiled. "Thanks. For being so nice about it. Most people don't understand that I have anger management issues, and they think I'm weird or something." She sighed and looked at her. "Rhea. It's a nice name. It's perfect for a person like you." She took Rhea's hand and got up, smiling at her. "Okay," she said, meaning it.

The girls walked a little, when Ella noticed a boy and a girl sitting together; the boy was painting a picture and the girl seemed to be watching him. She turned to Rhea. "Um, do you know them?" she asked, nodding her head in their direction.

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-20-2015, 02:00 PM

"Meh, anger management issues? It's okay. We all have flaws, don't we? And besides, this big school can stress anyone out if they aren't used to it, especially for new people. I've had a share of those experiences, getting lost and all." Rhea shuddered, remembering the one time a group of juniors had led her to a janitor's closet and locked her in there for hours. She was never so scared in her life. She blushed when Ella said the name suited a person like her. She was never complimented like that, it kind to embarrassed her to an extent. "Thanks, Ella. You're name is really cute, too!"

The two girls walked together until Ella stopped a little and stared at someone. "Um, do you know them?" She asked, tilting her head in their direction. Rhea followed her line of sight until she found what Ella was referring to; a boy and a girl sitting together at the bottom of a tree. The boy was sketching something on his sketchpad while the girl beside him sat and watched. They seemed to be brother and sister, because they looked similar to each other. Rhea shrugged. "I don't know them, but let's go meet them!" She replied, dragging Ella across the grounds towards the two students.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George exhaled as he got off the plane. He was never fond of flying, really. The discomfort of the cabin pressure and the people in close proximity made him anxious. He vowed that if he ever got enough money, he would fly first class for the rest of his life. At least the seats there were walled in and had a sense of privacy.

He was sitting next to a man whose elbow was constantly at his side, and he was about to grab him by the collar and fight him until the announcement came on that they were landing. That guy should consider himself lucky. He swore the next time he saw that guy, he was going to pound him.

Taking out his phone, he dialed the home phone and waited until Ben picked it up. "Hey, Uncle George! Did you have a safe trip?" George exhaled and nodded, "Yeah, but there was this one guy that kept his elbow over the seat divider, so I had an elbow in my side the whole time, and I wouldn't be surprised if I have a bruise now."

"You should've fought him!" George rolled his eyes. Even though they thought similarly, Ben was more of he outspoken type.

"No, Ben. There wasn't enough space."

"Y'mean you didn't fly first class? That school is ridiculously rich! They should've at least paid for the ticket!"

"I'm a first time teacher, Ben. I don't get privileges like that." He spotted a person holding a sign with his name on it and started to approach him.

"Listen, Ben. Don't do anything stupid, listen to your sister. I have to go now."

"Alright, boss! Have fun at your new job!" Ben cheered, and the line was cut. He turned off his phone and shoved it in his pocket when the man lowered his sign and smiled. "Are you Mr. George Rhesus?"

"Yes, I am." The man nodded towards his suitcase, and George handed it to him. "I assume you got here alright?"

"Yes, thanks."

They made small talk as they walked towards a fancy black car. "I was told to drop you off at the dorms today so you can get ready for your first day tomorrow." He said as George got in the back seat and the chauffeur got in the driver's seat. They drove silently, except for the soft music playing through the car. Before he knew it, his exhaustion crept in on him and George fell asleep.

LoonyLunetta
Ninja like a turtle~

Old 02-22-2015, 06:27 PM

Emi checked her watch. It was about time to get to their next class. She elbowed Jazz in the ribs to pull him out of his drawing world. He looked up at her as she stood and dusted herself off.

"It's almost time for class." she said in response to his grumpy face. He rolled his eyes at her and added a few finishing touches to his drawing before holding out a lazy hand for her to help him up. Grabbing it she heaved him up from the ground and started dusting him off knowing he wouldn't do it himself. Finally getting the last of the dirt off of him. she glanced over and noticed the girls they were sitting across from, had started walking toward them. Panicking she hid behind Jazz for safety tugging on his braid to let him know of the incoming danger.

Jazz felt the light tug at his braid which usually meant Emi was worried about something. He looked up to see his drawing models walking at him. He chuckled and grinned. He pulled his hair from Emi's hands, pulled her in front of him and held her there with his arms crossed in front of her so she couldn't get away.

"Good Morning ladies! My name is Jasper Merrin, but you can call me Jazz. And this is my lovely twin sister Emilia." he said resting his chin on her head "You'll have to excuse Emi she's a tad ridicul-" his stomach met her elbow. "shy." he finished gasping for breath and letting her go. He grabbed her cheek and pulled in response. In turn she responded with a punch to his arm with one hand and a smack on the back of his head with the other.

"Good lord woman you're so abusive for being 'shy'. " He said rubbing his head glaring at her.

"Sorry if we bothered you. It was just to good a shot to not draw." he said revealing his drawing of them. His grin returned, and Emi seemed to lighten up which was, according to their grandmother, Jazz's special power.

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-24-2015, 01:24 AM

Rhea dragged Ella along with her towards the two students sitting under the tree. The girl looked afraid, hiding behind her brother, who seemed to notice them and grinned. Rhea had to admit, his smile was infectious, and she found herself smiling too.

"Good Morning ladies! My name is Jasper Merrin, but you can call me Jazz. And this is my lovely twin sister Emilia." He announced boldly, dragging her out from behind him and keeping her in front of him with crossed arms and setting his chin on her head. No wonder why they looked alike, they were twins! Rhea noticed the height difference between the twins and thought that it was cute. He apologized for his sister's behavior, and was about to call it ridiculous when he sputtered over the word in response to a sharp jab in the ribs from his sister. Letting her go, they proceeded to have a sibling quarrel in front of Ella and Rhea.

"Good lord woman you're so abusive for being 'shy'." He glared at her, rubbing the back of his head. Rhea had to admit that she was a little jealous. She had always wanted an older brother, but her step-siblings weren't the siblings she dreamed of. She smiled a little bit at him.

"Sorry if we bothered you. It was just a good shot to not draw." He said, holding up a sketchbook with Ella sitting and Rhea sleeping under the giant oak tree, all done in pencil. She was surprised at the boy's skill. He had a way with a pencil and imagination, she would give him that. He grinned, and it seemed that the whole area around them lit up with the brightness of Jazz's smile. Rhea peered over it and gasped.

"You drew this in less than twenty minutes?? This is really good!" Rhea exhaled, blinking at the picture. It was beautiful indeed. She wondered if he was taking an art class; his skills were something no one can ignore.

"By the way, I'm Rhea, as in a ray of sunshine. Nice to meet you, Jazz and Emilia!" Rhea smiled at the girl, who seemed to be a little less tense, but was still hiding behind her brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

George, arriving at his dorm room, had flopped onto the empty mattress and somehow managed to fall asleep. When he woke up, it had already been an hour since he had come. He had seen a group of students on the green lawn in front of the main campus, which was HUGE. He wondered if the students were lost or if they were just skipping class. But that wasn't his job to worry about. The security guards will end up putting them in line anyway.

To be honest, he was trying to not expect too much after teaching at that hell-hole of a school. He just hoped that there would be a better chance for his teaching to grow and flourish.

Deciding it would be best to get his things situated, he started to clean and renovate his room, where he will be staying for the next year. He was excited and worried at the same time. What if the students were much smarter than the teachers here? He has seen it happen more than once, and he didn't want to be victim to that.

Pushing the thought aside, he focused on the rearrangement of his room.

Last edited by Aimless.Wanderer; 02-26-2015 at 01:13 PM..

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:53 AM

((Ack I leave for a few days and *looks at all the text then sighs* well best get caught up. Did I miss anything important or can I just drop my character in?))

Last edited by finx15; 02-25-2015 at 04:55 AM..

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-26-2015, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finx15 View Post
((Ack I leave for a few days and *looks at all the text then sighs* well best get caught up. Did I miss anything important or can I just drop my character in?))
Just drop in! :)

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:29 AM

Lori wondered the halls of her new school lost and a little frightened. She was too shy to ask anyone to point her in the direction she needed to go. "I'm going to be lost forever." she grumbled before she came a across a group of people gathered around a person playing a piano it was breath taking beautiful. She stood in the door way listening wondering if she should be speak out. She just watched the people run around shuffling her feet hoping to be noticed.

LoonyLunetta
Ninja like a turtle~

Old 03-11-2015, 05:39 PM

Mustering up what little courage she had Emi smiled "Jazz takes after our mother. She was an amazing artist. I personally cant draw for the life of me." Emi poked her brother in the ribs making him jump about a foot to the right. "He needs to send his work to mothers gallery but he wont." She watched as jazz righted himself, replaced his sketch book in his book bag, and nonchalantly rested his elbow on her head.

Emi returned her gaze to the girls in front of her. "Its very nice to meet you Rhea. You can call me Emi if you like. My grandmother and Jasper are the only one who usually call me Emilia. Our parents were fans of classic elegant old sounding names. Kinda makes me feel like an old lady." she said with a small giggle.

"I wont put my art in someone else's gallery. It needs to be MY gallery. I don't want to live in moms shadow I want to be at the same level as she was. You know that. And stop it your name is beautiful. Quit being so mean to mom and dad." he said lazily. He yawned and stretched his arms above his head.

His eyes flashed to the other girl for a moment "By the way Rhea who's your friend dont think I caught her name" he said his eyes back on Rhea, he figured the girl was probably as shy as Emi with the way she was holding herself he didnt want to spook her by directly asking her. Emi would suddenly turn into a mouse if someone did that to her.

Frantically setting her art pad back on her desk Mira flew from her chair and out the door. Class was going to start soon and she had completely forgotten about running to the supply room for more paper and charcoal for the rest of the days classes. She stopped herself at a dead run turned around and ran right back to her room for the map of the school. She couldn't have herself getting lost again in these endless halls of twists and turns filled with empty classrooms. She couldn't understand why they couldn't just put them all closer together for the time being there wasn't nearly enough students (that she could tell) to fill this many classrooms yet. She pushed that to the back of her mind and continued to make her way to the storage rooms.

As hard as she tried to deny it she was hopelessly lost again. 'Twice in one day' she thought patronizing herself. All the hallways looked the same. She looked down at her map and sighed. "Y'know it would be nice if they put better labeled maps on the wall with a 'You are here' spot. I thought most big buildings did. Guess they think these kids are geniuses to be able to find their way around this labyrinth." she said under her breath.

She turned a corner and finally saw a lit classroom. 'Another teacher! They may be able to help!' she thought as she scurried to the door and peeked her head in. She scanned the room. Her eyes came to rest on his name plate 'Mr. Rhesus'. He seemed to be setting up his classroom. Hesitating slightly, not wanting to startle him, she spoke up, "H-hello? Sorry to intrude but.....I'm a little lost I was wondering if you knew where the storage rooms were this map is no help at all!" she said shaking the map in her hand and smiling sheepishly.

"My name is Mira Jackobs. Its my first day here and I really don't know where I am." she said pushing her glasses back up her nose.

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 03-12-2015, 02:21 AM

Rhea nodded in agreement. "You should totally set up a gallery with all of your artwork and stuff on it. It would be so cool to see, plus it would actually motivate me to brush up on my drawing skills too; I can barely draw a stick figure properly." She giggled a little when Emilia told her that she couldn't draw for the life of her. "I've found my soulmate~" she sang, hugging Emi.
"Is it strange that I like your names? I think they suit the both of you very well." She nodded. "I've always wanted a name like Genevieve or Tiffany or something elegant. But I guess my mom thought the name Rhea was pretty. It means 'flowing' in Greek. Not really sure what part of me is flowing though..." Rhea looked at Ella, who appeared to be a little nervous in front of them and gently nudged her a little bit to urge her to talk to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George was setting up his classroom when he heard a soft voice. "H-hello? Sorry to intrude but.....I'm a little lost I was wondering if you knew where the storage rooms were this map is no help at all!" He turned around to see a nervous-looking woman about his age approach him. She looked like she had been having a hard day today, and she seemed harmless enough as he wearily took her map from her hands. "No worries, I wasn't doing anything particularly important. By the way, what's your name? Is it your first day here too?"
"My name is Mira Jackobs. Its my first day here and I really don't know where I am." She replied, pushing her glasses back up the bridge of her nose with a finger. He nodded as he tried to locate the storage rooms.
"Oh, I see the main part of the problem." He said, turning the map over right-side up. "Though I wouldn't blame you. This map looks just as confusing right side up..." Muttering to himself. Locating the storage rooms, he started to walk out the door, following the map.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 03-27-2015, 06:01 PM

Ella held her breath as she saw the beautiful sketch that Jazz drew. It was amazing. She had no idea how he'd managed to draw that in less then 20 minutes. She couldn't help it when her mind wandered off on that tangent. She was shaken back to reality by Rhea, who was nudging her to introduce herself. "U-um.." she stammered. Talking in a group was not her forte. She couldn't have a proper conversation in a group consisting of more than two people. "M-my name is Ella Crayne. I'm a freshman. N-nice to meet you." She dipped her head in embarrassment. She wished she would stop stammering so much, but she couldn't help it.