IadulDraculai
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-19-2010, 09:22 PM

A/n: Sort of odd fic I wrote for my favorite non-canon pairing, Kakashi and Konan.
It's also sort of a death Cab for Cuite fanfic sinc eit's also based off of the song 'Where Soul Meets Body' by Death Cab for Cutie.

__________________________________________________ __________

“I do believe it’s true that there are roads left in both of our shoes….”

魂が体を満たして

Kakashi had never expected an angel. He had never been one to believe in any sort of religion. Life happened; death happened…
Yet there was something about dying that has changed him, perhaps given him hope, a faith that there was a higher authority; some big power that in the end would make everything was alright…
The long conversation with his father had shown him that maybe there was life after death, and perhaps it was better…but it wasn’t his time.
If there were such things as predestination, some sort of definitive answer to the question of one’s life purpose, Kakashi stood facing her.
The angel with the sad eyes, masked by a face of purest alabaster, delicately carved features that seemed to shimmer in the hazy sunlight, stood like a statue, staring back at him as if she herself were gazing into the face of some resigned fate.
“You…” She breathed, her voice barely above a whisper as she extended a fragile looking hand towards him, her sapphire hair glinting in the unlimited sunlight as the clouds flew overhead like ghosts fleeing a greater spirit.
“Where am I?” Kakashi asked, extending his own hand to grasp hers, the skin beneath his fingertips feeling delicate as paper but strong as stone. She blinked heavy lidded eyes, the air around them crackling with unseen electricity. The fleeing clouds grew darker and closed in around him, seemingly ripping the two apart, not only from each other, but from deep within their chests…

Kakashi’s eyes snapped open and he let out a breath, collecting himself as he woke. Beside him, he could feel her, radiating warmth in their shared bed. Her amber eyes were closed in slumber as if nothing had transpired between them.
Kakashi shifted to face her, cupping one porcelain cheek in his hand as electric blue lashes opened to reveal amber.
“Konan…” He whispered, a smile crossing his face as he looked over at the former angel of the red moon. A soft smile met his gaze, a warm feeling filling his chest as her own hand cradled his exposed cheek.
“Anata…” she whispered, shifting to get a clearer view. “Please wake up…”

Mismatched eyes opened to a world of darkness and immediate realization hit the legendary shinobi. He could see the shadowy figure sitting by the fire and Kakashi sat up, his head spinning.
The woman turned around, a sad smile creasing her snowy features, the flickering firelight making heavily lidded eyes seem sunken as her lipring shimmered beneath those uneasy lips.
“Come to join me, anata?”

魂が体を満たして

“And If the silence takes you then I hope it takes me, too…”