serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 AM

Yeah, we have a bunch out here in WNY. My friend actually used to work at one not far from where she lives.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 AM

yeah I have a love hate relationship with that store XD
could never work someplace like that though again

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 AM

Yeah, most cosmetics and shampoos aren't any different no matter what price range you buy from. I do choose the higher end drugstore stuff, though. So I buy a lot of Neutrogena foundation, and stay away from Rimmel and NYC. Shampoo I buy Biolage because they have a really good anti dandruff that I like, and then I buy a cheap paraben and sulfur free conditioner from Wal Mart. ^.^

Bound Birdie

Old 04-18-2013, 12:54 AM

Actually Rimmel has some mascaras that are the same as MAC, most of there other stuff sucks but they have two good mascara's and a lip color that's nice and moisturizing but that's it XD but Neutrogena (physicans forumla organix there all the same) I love there stuff, sometimes it does have that medicine-y smell I hate though but meh. I actually just got there green eye trio that's green amethyst and black XD

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-18-2013, 01:01 AM

I used to buy Garnier daily, but since I dye my hair now, I bought Suave professionals for colour control or whatever. I was going to get Garnier, but I'm budgeting myself and bought something that was just $1 less. I mayu go to the Garnier later when I finish this one.
I still have the new bottles of my other shampoo that I bought that I'll save for something or give to my dad when he runs out of his other shampoo.

Mike usually uses the Rx strength Head and Shoulders that is in the blue bottle and comes out bright orange. He also has paul mitchell he bought at the supercuts he gets his hair trimmed at.

---------- Post added 04-17-2013 at 09:03 PM ----------

I need to get better face stuff. I just don't know what to buy for myself. I never had a very feminine mother figure growing up, so I have no clue at all. I'm better off now with the family I have now. Maybe I can get some help from my stepsister, or one of our cousins.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-18-2013, 01:03 AM

Really now? The Rimmel mascara I had in the past got trashed because it used to cause me an itch fest every time I wore it. I must've got one of the bad ones. >.>

Best mascara I have EVER had was from Estee Lauder. It was part of a Christmas present a long time ago. There WAS something different and better about that than drug store brands...

But yeah, Neutrogena for me as far as foundations go. Then I buy Maybelline mascaras. <3

Bound Birdie

Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 AM

Actually I REALLY liked the suave professionals that's a copy of Nexxus's humanclent or something like that it's silver lol and the word always looks like homunculus to me but that's not it. XD Anyways I like it better then I liked the real Nexxus I bought for my wedding XP

Maybelline is good, and I have there classic one in the pink tube! It's nice and watery and easy to comb through. But yeah the Rimmel mascara that has a little ball for the brush ( I think lorel had one to but it was for twice as much) and then there one in the purple (promise I'm not being bias cuse of packaging) are good. Really it's not the mascara's themselves but really more the applicators which I cleaned and kept XP and now use with the maybelline XD

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 04-18-2013 at 01:07 AM..

ElysiumFate

Old 04-18-2013, 01:06 AM

Garnier has been on my shit list for awhile.

Awh, I learned most everything I know about makeup from youtube, Ser. :) I have my mum, but she's never been good at makeup.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-18-2013, 01:10 AM

Sorry I missed that part Ser, yeah You tube is the way to go.
We both REALLY like this girl Mischievous. Her looks are lovely, she really knows what she is doing and she is very descriptive and informative about products. She must be freaking rich though because she has expensive taste and has TONS of it but lol her trial and error is my gain!

ElysiumFate

Old 04-18-2013, 01:16 AM

Yeah, Misschievous buys reaaaally expensive makeup, but you just have to buy the drugstore dupes is all. I do wish she'd quit using such expensive makeup, but whatever.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-18-2013, 01:19 AM

Yeah there are some good dupe lists online that I use with her sometimes. Many times it's irrelevant because I am just fallowing the look with whatever I already have so black is black I don't care if she is using a gel and mine is a cream. But other times you see something she has that's really cool and I'm just like MEH!!!! I want!!!!!!

ElysiumFate

Old 04-18-2013, 01:22 AM

I have a relatively decent collection of makeup at this point. It's not huge, but I have most colors of eye shadows and such. I do need to get some better eyeliner, though. Mostly I just use what I have.

I like her too because I think she is a good person. Some gurus are such shits. She travels the world and encourages people and tells you to work hard, etc. Good influence she is.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-18-2013, 01:26 AM

Yeah, I sometimes watch this girl Mortem3r (she's Egoraptor's fiance) and one time she did a tutorial of the makeup she wears and even that's kinda expensive. I stick with whatever I can afford and it's not much since I have no fucking clue what to do really. Nor do I have time right now, and I don't have the ability to wear makeup because of work.

I'm kind of liking the shampoo from suave I bought that I've been using. I'm going to need to find some colour protecting hair stuff because I'll be dying my hair for awhile now.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-18-2013, 01:30 AM

I have... way to much... but yet I'm like, oh I need a more coral blush... XP
I should send you some eyeliner XD Take your pick I have pencil liquid cream and gel xD if you have a steady hand though I would go for a cream one getting a new one I think they are by far the easiest on your eyes and the most versatile.

Yesh I love her "YOU CAN DO IT" attitude, I love that her attitude is very much she is sharing her art rather then telling you how to look, and how she encourages you to do the same. I really like Klaid de Les for that as well, her stuff is ART and she makes it seem so easy.

Ser: You can also put a little bit of your dye in your conditioner to help keep the color from fading. Just be careful what towel you use to dry your hair if you use one XD

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-18-2013, 01:31 AM

My hand is steady. I just suck at putting makeup on since I don't wear it much. It's rare when I do. I do have to say I like the lipstick I have now. I have the one that has the gloss type brush. I hate normal lipstick.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-18-2013, 01:34 AM

@Ser: John Frieda's shampoos do really great at protecting color. I used it for awhile when I used to do highlights, and my mum still uses it and her professional hairdresser that she's had for 30 years says her color stays better than ever.

@Birdie: Haha, sounds like me with nail polish. "Tsk, I have 5 shades of pink already but I just need this one more shade!" XD

Klair de Les is a sweetie, but I don't watch her unless she shows up in my side bar. I'm more into hair tutorials at this point.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-18-2013, 01:36 AM

I'll look into those shampoos when I get the chance to. ^^" Since I'm coming home from school and not coming back here, till I get a job, I have to get cheaper brands for awhile ^^"

ElysiumFate

Old 04-18-2013, 01:42 AM

They aren't too expensive. They're like 5 dollars a bottle. I don't know what you consider expensive, though. But they're really good.

I'm sure Suave has a color protector, too. I like Suave stuff despite them being the cheapest of the dirt cheap.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-18-2013, 01:47 AM

Yeah, that's the one I'm using right now till I find something else that is worth it ^^" I used to use Pantine when I was younger.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-18-2013, 01:51 AM

Ahh, Pantene always smells so good. I use their deep conditioners a lot.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-18-2013, 02:22 AM

Yeah, I've always liked the smell of Pantene.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 AM

Hey guys. Kita is back from hell Missouri. :)

ElysiumFate

Old 04-18-2013, 02:32 AM

Hey Kita. :) I hope everything is as well as it can be. How are you doing?

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-18-2013, 02:37 AM

*hugs the Kita* YAY you're back!!! Hope everything is as good as it can be as well. How've things been for you? Missed you, glad you're back safely :)

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 04-18-2013, 02:42 AM

I'm doing fairly well, but I'm pretty stressed about things, you know. My grandma isn't wanting to take her medicine, and mom has to basically force her. And then my dad has got me all pissed off. He's smoking weed at the nursing home and I think trying to get caught so they'll kick him out because he doesn't want to be in there and he doesn't seem to understand that its better to be in there than be homeless like he was. He says he's going to "escape" and live in the woods using his military survival skills. Never mind that he has cancer and is going to have a fairly major surgery soon and that he needs medicine because he has cirrhosis to keep his chemical levels balanced so he doesn't go batshit insane. He's just acting like a stupid teenager and he should know better.

Hows things with you Ely? Are you doing finals yet?