Britti
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Britti Send a message via MSN to Britti

Old 12-30-2007, 04:34 AM

Miku laughs a little, and he gives a tiny shrug. "It's sad, huh? Can't do anything unless I find someone to teach me, can't get anyone to teach me because of how I am. And that's because I can't do anything." A horrible cycle.

"I don't want to force you to take care of me... I mean..." He stares down at his food. "This is practice. For you! And you can't eat all the time, so..." He laughs at himself then before heaving a sigh. He isn't the happiest of campers, that's true, but he tries.

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-30-2007, 04:46 AM

Kanon brushes off Miku's protest to being taken care of. "Or we'll travel once I'm a full initiate. That would be fun. Seeing new places and doing new things."

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-30-2007, 04:53 AM

Miku smiles at Kanon gently, a little voice in the back of his mind whispering that they probably won't be close enough to do that later in life if Miku's even around. But he doesn't voice any of this and instead looks back out to the sea. "Yeah... That would be really nice."

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-07-2008, 03:59 AM

Kanon notes the doubt in his friends eyes but he ignores it, knowing that Miku was one of his family now whether he believed it or not. "We'll have a blast." Though he's planned to dedicate himself to serve the temple, he dreams of traveling and seeing things he's never seen before. Having Miku there would just make it that much better.

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-07-2008, 03:44 PM

Miku makes a soft sound of agreement, and he leans back with a full tummy for now. He doesn't need much to keep him full, considering he has a tiny stomach, but it goes quickly... It seems to anyway, but recently, Kanon's been giving him so much food!

"Oh! Hey, isn't there a holiday or something coming up? Maybe that is what the ship was for! Do you get any time off? Maybe we could inspect it if you do!"

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-07-2008, 03:56 PM

Kanon glances at Miku with some amusement. This is a temple. If anything, there was more worshiping than usual on the Summer Solstice. Days off were a rare thing now.

He shrugs a bit though. "I can find some time to get away. There are some things I need to go out and buy that I can't find at the temple anyway. I can use that as an excuse."

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-07-2008, 04:04 PM

Miku truly has no idea of how things work in Winding Circle, seeing as he's never even been let inside its walls, and he just remembers the fat people usually having a day off, maybe even two if they were really fat. It seems that Kanon's getting a little plump too, in the cheeks it seems, and he smiles to himself when he thinks of this. It's...cute, even if he's jealous.

"Oh... Well, then, if you have to work, don't bother with me, ya know. I can inspect on my own, then I can totally report back to you!" He salutes playfully then.

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-07-2008, 05:06 PM

Kanon shakes his head at the offer. "I want to go with you. Like I said, there's stuff I have to do anyway."

Kanon would probably be a little bit offended over Miku's accusation. It's really not his fault he works with food all day. ._.

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-07-2008, 05:09 PM

Miku likes Kanon's cheeks though, they're always such a smooth and pale color, not dark with dirt like his own. "Only if you're sure, huh? I don't want to get you into trouble." He offers Kanon a smile then, adjusting himself and begins to remove the food leftover from the basket to hide away in his makeshift tent.

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-07-2008, 05:13 PM

Kanon sits up finally and watches Miku. "I won't get in trouble. Even if I did, it wouldn't be your fault. I would probably go even if you didn't want to."

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-07-2008, 05:26 PM

Miku chuckles and he shrugs. "Fine, whatever you want then. Just come by, yeah? Or should I meet you somewhere?" He finally crawls out of his tent, and he smiles brightly at Kanon. "Maybe it will be something really cool... Something to celebrate, maybe?"

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-07-2008, 06:19 PM

Kanon laughs a bit at that. "What would be worth celebrating? But... If we go tomorrow, we can probably get a ride with one of the wagons leaving in the morning. I can get someone to cover my chores for me and I'll be fine as long as I'm back before midday." He stands and brushes the sand from his robe.

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-07-2008, 06:36 PM

Miku pouts a bit at Kanon, looking utterly pathetic. "But... It's a holiday, isn't it? Don't people celebrate it?" With a sigh, Miku stands too, not as worried about his torn trousers. "Well, I'll meet you by the wagons early tomorrow morning then. Have a good afternoon."

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-07-2008, 11:14 PM

Kanon chuckles softly at Miku's pout. "The Temple's idea of celebrating involves being cooped up in a building for half the day and listening to someone read from a book. But I don't mind. The readings are interesting."

He picks up his basket and waves a bit before turning to leave. He only manages a couple of steps before stopping though. "Wash your face before you come tomorrow. I'll give you an extra robe to wear. They won't let you on the wagon if you look like a thief."

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-07-2008, 11:39 PM

Miku pouts a little. "Where should I wash it?" He waves him off though, thinking... He can find something, surely. He always does. "Well... I'll see you tomorrow then, bright and early."

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-07-2008, 11:56 PM

Kanon shrugs a bit at the question. "Just use some water to get the dirt off." He smiles and waves before taking off at a trot, knowing he'd be late and scolded otherwise. When he reaches the stairs leading back through the wall he brushes off the remaining sand on his clothes and collects his sandals before quickly heading back to the kitchens to finish his lessons for the day.

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2008, 04:00 AM

Miku's smile fades as he watches him go, and he crawls back into the tent to spend the rest of the afternoon escaping the sun and eating slowly the food that would spoil fastest. He doesn't really do much when it's this hot, just too lazy, but he does manage to sleep early enough so he can be woken easily by the guards' rounds.

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 PM

Kanon searches out the wagons in the morning, the promised extra robe in one arm and breakfast for Miku and himself in the other. He'd made a deal with one of his dorm-mates to get his chores done today and he'd do the same for him some other time.

One the wagons are in sight he begins his search for his friend, hoping that Miku had gotten himself up and was either already here or on his way.

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2008, 11:07 PM

Miku has just finished washing his face in some of the rain water he caught last night with one of the jars Kanon gave him--he's sure it looks a little funny, but it isn't as dirty as before. He trots hurriedly to the wagons, making it there fairly quickly, and he whispers, "Kanon?"

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-08-2008, 11:13 PM

Kanon turns as he hears his name and smiles at Miku. "I was beginning to wonder if you were coming." He holds the robe out for the other. "Put this on. They'll have no problem with giving two novices a ride."

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-09-2008, 12:46 AM

With a pout, Miku eyes the robe in Kanon's arms and he can already feel the itchiness waiting to attack his back. "Um... Sorry, I was fiddling with that jar you gave me so I could wash my face. More rain last night and all."

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 AM

Kanon watches Miku eye the robe suspiciously. "Do you want to go or not?" He asks, pushing it to his friends chest. "You can have breakfast if you do," he bribes. "You can take it off again once we get to the market."

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-09-2008, 03:02 AM

Miku gives a slight nod, taking the robe at the promise of food. ._., He's too hungry, is stomach rumbling at the idea of food too! "Sure..." He begins to pull it over his head, not remembering how to wear one properly.

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-09-2008, 03:24 AM

Kanon chuckles and helps Miku tug the garment into place before passing the promised food into Miku's hand. "There, that's not so bad now, is it?" He asks, reaching up to pat his friend's hair into something that could be called order. Though, his own hair isn't much better.

Britti
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-09-2008, 03:34 AM

Miku blushes at Kanon while he's helped, kind of very embarrassed. "Thanks," he murmurs before looking at the food. "Thanks for breakfast too." He begins to eat quickly, happiness overcoming his features.