Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 04:14 PM

I dunno if I have a number one favorite...might be Mewtwo, with Lugia being a close second, lol. I seem to have this thing for powerful Psychic-types, I suppose. I also like Giratina because nobody else seems to like it, lol. Poor thing.

Yeah, I'm a lot more low-key in my Pokemon fandom than I was in Gens I-II--nowadays I pretty much just play the games and that's it.

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 04:19 PM

*nods* Well, psychic is a good type. xwx;

Lol. One of those "back in the day..." stories.

Kalyst
Kalyst the Conquerer is in!

Old 08-12-2009, 04:19 PM

Lucentas- Oh god, Psychic Haymaker deck were EVIL. I could never make one properly because of the fact that I didn't have enough Mewtwos. *is instantly jealous*

They now have Lv X cards if I'm not mistaken and so many different Pokemon Powers that it's gotten as hard as Yuioh did before the whole Psychic decks/strategies.

My carts somehow still work and save * honors them like ancient relics* Well, except for Gold-tis gets a bit funky if I don't insert it roughly...oh geez, that did not sound right:shock:

JessiFlakes-Yes, at first I was like "OMG nuuuus, the worlds of Pokemans has just been destroyed" but once you get used to it, it's actually quite fun. That and the fact that all Nintendo tourneys are done in double battle format *growls*

Pink-White-Chocolate
-I only have a Japanese Noctowl and ChiKorita. I don't know where my Jap. Gyrados went but I think one of the older asian kids took it from me when I let them look through my binder.

Majin-Yups, just chatting about the cards more than the games ROFLMAO. How are you?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-12-2009, 04:23 PM

I had a vast collection of cards. Actually, I still have this vast collection of cards. But they weren't all that good together as a deck. I was missing stages between evolutions and I didn't have very many energy cards. xD

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 04:24 PM

Kalyst: Lol, I thought that too.
I've played all the pokemon video games (up until diamond/pearl because I don't have a DS) and the double battles were just weird. I prefer the 1x1 battles.

Kalyst

Old 08-12-2009, 04:27 PM

Oh god, I loved dragons and for some reason I always considered Chaizard a dragon. I guess I was in denial even though I knew he as only Fire/Flying. He might as well be one, right? My favs ended up being the Lati twins and Rayquaza, but old school would probably be Dragonite and Tyranitar. Non dragons would be Absol. And yesh, I have noticed no love for Giratina even though I love him to bits too...maybe because he looks more emo than the rest of them?

I hated when I was missing a first stage evo and had the powerful last one. That always happened for some reason...

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 04:41 PM

Lulz Yu-Gi-Oh...I played that for a while, but then the sole person I played it with lost interest and so I had no reason to play/collect any more.

...Why does this seem to be a recurring theme with me and TCGs?

Anyway.

Yeah, Charizard should have been a Dragon-type, it would have made a lot more sense. Gyarados too. I heard somewhere that the reason they weren't was so they'd have more type weaknesses so they wouldn't be stupidly powerful.

I love the Latis too, but I never managed to catch any in any of the games I have. >: So sad. My favorite types overall would have to be Psychic, Steel, and Dragon. Rayquaza is awesome, as is Kyogre. :3 I also like Sneasel and Ampharos--actually, most of my favorite Pokemon are from Gen II...figures, since it's my favorite gen, haha.

I think a lot of people dislike Giratina because it's so...freaky, I guess. It looks weird, the concept behind it is weird (guardian of a distorted parallel dimension)...that sort of thing doesn't appeal to most people, I suppose.

But I like it BECAUSE it's weird. x3

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 04:43 PM

Sorry my reply took so long... I got REALLY into Snake. xDD

I consider Charizard drgon too. He's a reptile who flies, which would be better known as a dragon! xP Dragonite's cool! I like dragonite, but he's not one of my favorites... ._.' I love Absol and Skitty. They're two of my favorites. I'm not sure if I have any others, which would probably mean no, right? Cx I've never heard of Giratina though... owo;

I hated that too! I tried to avoid that as much as possible. ><

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 04:47 PM

That's okay, I got really into Space Invaders. xD Grahhh...bad me, I need to be concentrating on getting through my DeviantArt messages.

Dragonite was one of my favorites during Gen I just because it was a dragon, but now I'm just kinda meh about it. I do have an event Dragonite with a special moveset though, and I love it. x3

Giratina's from the most recent gen; plus, it's a legendary.

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 04:51 PM

Lol. It happens. xD

Really? no wonder I haven't heard of him... >w<

Kalyst

Old 08-12-2009, 04:58 PM

He's a featured case Pokemon Platinum in his Origin form which I think is his greatest form of the two but geez, why did they have to change the name of the freaky parallel world? It sounds creepier for the Torn World than the Distortion World but to each his own I guess. For some reason people see to not know about the most recent gen, especially those who loved the 2nd one. I didn't even realize there s a 4th one until like a year after the games came out so that shows how far behind I was. Ahhh still lost in the memories, lol.

Actually on a random note, does anyone know what Hypno was based off of? You'll never feel comfortable about Hypo ever again though....

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 04:59 PM

So what starters did everybody pick in their games? Here were mine:

Blue: Squirtle
Red: Too many to count--I used my Red cart as my "experimental" cartridge, trying different teams, ways of playing, glitches, etc. on it.
Yellow: Pikachu (obviously)

Silver: Might have been Totodile--I can't remember, it's been far too long. >.<
Gold: Again, can't remember...may have been Cyndaquil.
Crystal: I'm fairly certain it was Chikorita.

Sapphire: Mudkip (because I liek them), nicknamed Bernie.
Emerald: Torchic (because Blaziken is awesome), nicknamed Basara.
(I never got Ruby.)

FireRed: Squirtle (in memory of my Squirtle in Blue), nicknamed Schubert (he's now my highest-leveled Pokemon in Platinum, at 81).
LeafGreen: Possibly Bulbasaur, can't remember and am too lazy to check; I basically used this one to get several Pokemon I couldn't get anywhere else when I was filling my Pokedex in Diamond (because I don't actually have anyone else to play with).

Diamond: Turtwig (because they're cute), nicknamed Cephala.
Platinum: Chimchar (because Infernape is awesome), nicknamed Hanumanu.
(Never got Pearl.)

I'm still trying to decide which Pokemon I'm going to start with in SoulSilver--it's a tossup between Totodile and Chikorita right now. I may just go with Totodile in order to continue my almost-perfect streak of choosing Water-types (which I only broke in DPPt because Piplup does absolutely nothing for me).

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 05:03 PM

Red: Charmander
Yellow: pikachu, obviously. xP
Silver: I think Totodile, named Toto
Gold: Don't remember
Sapphire: Don't remember.
Ruby: Torchic, named Ikey.

...I think that's all of them. I have Leaf Green and Fire Red too, but I don't remmber the starters for them. ._.''

Kalyst: I'm not sure what that paragraph was saying *is still tired, lol* but what is hypno based off of...?

Kalyst

Old 08-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Well, let's see...

Red: Bulbasaur
Yellow: Pikachu lol

Silver: Never got ahold of Silver saldy enough....
Gold: Actually, I think I went with Totodile my first time though then switched to Cyndaquil.
Crystal: Cinda this time though on many playthroughs and did Chikorita once and never played her again (had such a disadvantage wit h the first two gyms you had to have support pokes for her.

Sapphire: Mudkip lol
Ruby: I played though with Torchic alot for some reason on this cart. Did experiment with Treeko, but never really liked him
Emerald: Torchic. Mudkip didn't gets love on this cart. **NOTE-I happened to get the Eon Ticket swiped on both my Emerald and my Ruby so I NEVER will erase those files.

FireRed: Never got to play though that one either, *cries*
LeafGreen: I think I played Charmander-wait, yes I did! He actually got Metal Claw and I raped with him.

Diamond: Chimchar because he's a monkey and he had a little flame on his behind. ><
Platinum: Chimchar again. Never even tried Piplup or Turtwig because I always had an easy time with Chimchar and I was trying to get though Platinum to get to Giratina and also to be ready for the Video Game Touney which I ended up not going to...

I'm thinking of going back to using Cynda because I'm so used to him, but since Totodile got some great Physical moves in his typing because of D/P/PT changes I might go for him too. I do hope though that there's an S-toss move teacher because I would hate having to go though the older gens to get a Blissey to know that move...

Hypno is based off of a spirit that hypnotizes young children into following him, then eats them......

Last edited by Kalyst; 08-12-2009 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Hypno....><

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 05:25 PM

Lol, I didn't know that about Hypno. Interesting. That would explain some of the flavor text on its TCG cards, then (I think especially the Team Rocket expansion said something about that).

I actually have a Hypno, haha. He's the Pokemon I take with me when I'm out catching since I never let him forget Hypnosis, lol.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-12-2009, 05:27 PM

I pretty much always went with the fire types. xD

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 05:30 PM

So who's everybody's favorite gym leader from the four regions?

Kanto: Sabrina (Psychic-type user, of course!)
Johto: Claire (awesome Dragon-type user)
Hoenn: Winona (so pretty!)
Sinnoh: Roark (people with glasses can be Gym Leaders too!)

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 05:31 PM

Kalyst: That isn't so shocking. owo;;
So, Hypno is the pied piper of pokemon.
Hey, that's alliteration and a tongue twister! xDDD

Lucentas: *nods* That's what I did with Hypno too.

Not sure I have favorite leaders... I can't even remember most their names. >w<
Dystopia: *nods again* Fire types were good too. Overall, I think my favorite to battle with is fire types. I love my Blazekin.

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 05:35 PM

I battle with a wide variety of types, mostly just the Pokemon I'm interested in using, but most of them end up being Psychic and/or Steel, haha.

Has anyone ever watched the show? I watched it religiously for the first season, but around the beginning of the Johto arc, when the episodes started to get formulaic and repetitive, my interest waned.

The Adorable Panda
Destroyer of Worlds
Send a message via AIM to The Adorable Panda

Old 08-12-2009, 05:36 PM

Pokemon <3
my favorite is flareon :D

Kalyst

Old 08-12-2009, 05:41 PM

Fav Gym Leaders...uh, wow that's tough. I think Giovanni's surprise reappearance as Gym Leader rather than head of Tam Rockt was great. I really loved Lance's cousin/sister...urg, the dragon gym leader...can't even remember her name >< In the advance gen, it was Flannary and Wallace before he went to the Pokemon League.And for D/P it was the last guy, geez, I can't remember his name either..Volkener? Electric typage and cool outfit FTW.

Actually, I never got to see the flavored text for the Hypno cards...*shiver* actually, I had a nightmare about Hypno after I heard that...hmmm..*runs off to see if she can find the image that Hypno was based off of.*

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 05:41 PM

Welcome welcome!

My favorite Eeveelution is...big surprise...Espeon, lol. It was Vaporeon in Gen I.

I have an Espeon in Platinum, I still have to train him up and give him a better moveset before we can do any battling.

@Kalyst: That was Claire, she's Lance's cousin. :3 And the final gym leader in DPPt is Volkner, yes; he's pretty cool too.

Kalyst

Old 08-12-2009, 05:44 PM

Fav eeveeloution would have to be Espeon and Umbreon. Pure Dark type and mad defenses. Jolteon was my fav in the first gen. And yesh, welcomes *hands a Pikachu shaped cookie*

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Ooh, cookies! Do I get one?

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Pokemon FTW.
x3