p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-23-2014, 07:27 PM

The year be 1600 in our stories of treachery, adventure, and pluderin'. The world's ports be in a constant state of disarray now that pirates and treasure hunters are becomin' more common. Tell me matey, what side be you on?

*Please ignore the random slash marks throughout the words in this post. -_- They're a Mene glitch and the bane of my existence.
Seriously, my biggest pet peeve. I wish the slash marks would get thrown over the plank.*

Character information;
You have a few choices as far as characters, so choose one or two. You can have a maximum of two characters in the play. They must be diverse from other characters. Character choices are; Pirate/captain, treasure hunter, noble, military, mermaid/man or tribal member. These can be male or female, but need to choose a side; good, evil or neutral.

Here are the other characters so far;
None yet

Story basics;
• The year is 1600. Your characters should dress appropriately.
• Electricity has not been invented, so lantern, candle light and fire light only.
• The only places inhabited by people in our story, are port towns (on a beach/at the ocean)
and islands, most of which are inhabited by hostile tribes.
• Women are considered bad luck on a ship.
• Mermaids are something only sailors believe in, yet have not seen.
• Legends and myths apply; the kracken, Davy Jones, etc.

Rules;
1. Follow Mene's rules and TOS.
2. You must add an anime photo and short description of your character at the top of your entry post, including but not limited to: age, eye color, hair color and length, skin color, height, body type, general personality description and sexuality.
3. Make your character diverse. No two characters with the same personality/abilities, etc.
4. You must post a paragraph when replying, so that others have something to work with in response. Use periods and punctuation. Nobody is perfect but this is not a text message. If people can't understand your posts, or you aren't paying attention to the story/other posts, I will remove you from the play.
5. No Godmodding. p o p p e t ♥ is the ruler and moderator here. While I am not joining the play, I am who you need to talk to when you have questions or complaints.

Last but not least;
You are making your OWN story/ies. I am not writing a story for you. I will not create situations or OC's for you. I've created this and many other plays like this throughout the role-playing forum to get people more involved and to give them more opportunity to try out characters in different settings, as well as give new members something to join. I am simply the creator and moderator.

If you want to plan a story together, and talk to one another, you can do so in the OOC for the play. If you have any questions or suggestions or would like me to make the first introductory post to set the mood for you, ping me to the OOC.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 11-25-2014 at 03:17 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-23-2014, 07:28 PM

Reserved for future information as well as banned members who have been removed from the play.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 11-24-2014 at 01:22 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-24-2014, 01:19 AM

This role-play is open! You may begin posting!

Don't worry; I've made the first introductory post so that you all can get a better feel for the setting. Don't hesitate to ping me to the OOC or PM me if you have any questions or need any help with the story!

Example of entry post;

Click here for the exampleX

Myla Aqualla

Myla has brown eyes, pale ivory skin, long light brown hair, and she's a mermaid. Her tail is light blue, and she wears a ring that allows her to transform into a human and walk the islands freely. In her human form, she stands at 5'6" and has a slender, more boyish figure. She has the ability to manipulate water at her will, and lure sailors to their deaths with her beautiful singing voice. She is 18 years old and she's a mischievous girl in sea and on land who likes shiny things. She's a jokester and loves to laugh all the time, even in serious situations. Myla is bisexual.

The great blinding sun of mid-summer was rising over Myla's ocean home, and the waters were glowing a beautiful blue. Sea life was bustling, and Myla was swimming lazily over a patch of corals, when something caught her eye overhead. Light brown eyes blinked owlishly at the form in the distance as it neared, slicing through the water without a sound.

It was a pirate ship! Myla's heart raced with excitement, and she swam towards it until she was swimming along side the great wooden vessel. Eventually the ship slowed, and a heavy anchor splashed into the water, narrowly missing the young mermaid. She popped her head above the surface of the water curiously.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 11-24-2014 at 04:45 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-24-2014, 04:08 PM

A thick grey fog rolled in over the small port town. It was early morning, and most of the town was just rising. The harbor docks creaked and groaned against the ocean pressure. A small beggar boy stood at the end of a wooden dock, squinting out through the fog into the distance.

Slicing through the water, a great wooden ship began to take form in the fog. Its sails were full and its flag waved proudly from the crows nest; black, tattered, and bearing a skull and bones. The beggar boy's eyes grew wide. "P-P-PIRATES!" he yelled. He turned and ran down the dock. "Pirates! Pirates!" he shouted as he ran through the town.

Suddenly the port town was awake. Men were quickly dressing, hiding their wives and children, and grabbing weapons. Any candles and lanterns lit were being blown out or used to light torches, and the military was being alerted, as was the governor.

Feet thumped and thudded against the stone walk and roadways as people rushed to hide away valuable trading goods and foods for the town. There was shouting, some screaming, and children crying, and soon, it would be absolute chaos.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 11-25-2014, 02:47 AM

NAIA

Naia is a mermaid/naiad with long, wavy aquamarine hair that is iridescent in the sunlight. Her skin, originally a healthy peach color with a pinkish hue, has darkened to a light tan from spending hundreds of years alternating between her undersea home and the world above the water's surface. She decorates herself with fashioned pieces of seaglass and stones, which she makes into jewelry and wears on her arm and waist. In her mermaid form, she has a streamlined blue-green tail; in her naiad (human-like) form, she has legs.

While Naia looks young, she has lived for a very long time. As a result, she is extremely wise about the world. Naia is passionate about nature and maintaining the flora and fauna of her environment. She also hold several degrees in biology from when she decided to learn more about what it is like to be a human.

Her mermaid form:
Click on thumbnail for full view

Her naiad form:
Click on thumbnail for full view

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Naia was tending to her garden of sakura blossoms and lotuses when she heard the news. Schools of goldfish, flounder, and tilapia swam past her, excitedly announcing the arrival of a mysterious being in the oceans nearby. Listening to their descriptions, Naia realized that a large ship of some sort had approached and dropped its anchor in a coral reef several thousand miles to the north. With the sun setting, Naia finished singing to her botanical garden and began to pack a few belongings, eager to see what the ship's arrival had in store.

Last edited by salvete; 11-30-2014 at 08:08 PM..