The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-02-2011, 03:21 PM

Ian pouted again for a second as he shook his head. "No. I'm not afraid of cooties." he said, crossing his arms lightly. But he didn't mind the teasing, to be honest. It'd made him feel good that he was making Kal laugh, even at his own expense. When he heard the question, he couldn't stop a blush from forming on his face. He quickly ducked his head so his hair would block Kal's view of his face. "What kind of question is that? Of course I would be. You're my friend."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-02-2011, 03:32 PM

Kalvin turned to look at the other and he smiled in amusement. "How about I offer to be practiced on?" he asked as he shifted to put his weight on one hand and leaned in to teasingly blow into Ian's ear. "That way, when you get back to your girlfriend, you won't be easily embarrassed. What do you think?" Jimmy thought he was attacking Ian so it had jumped up, barked and tackled Kalvin to the floor. He tugged at his shirt with his teeth and Kalvin laughed as he wrestled with the dog.

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-02-2011, 03:38 PM

Ian shifted away from Kalvin, getting kinda uncomfortable. It was hard to tell if he was being serious or not. So he was relieved when Jimmy knocked Kal to the ground. Ian scooted so there was some space between the two. He figured if he just didn't answer the question, Kal would let it drop. He had to admit that seeing Kal and Jimmy wrestling around was an amusing sight, and he could stop a smile from forming on his face.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-02-2011, 03:51 PM

Kalvin was rather serious with his offer. After all, Ian was his best friend and he did just about anything but steal and threaten for anyone. Ian's not an exception to that. Once Jimmy had finally settled down on top of him and was wagging his tail, Kalvin made a face at the drool dripping down the dog's tongue onto his chest. "You don't have to be embarrassed with me," he told Ian with a grin, "We've shared a lot of embarrassment. It wouldn't be any different should that happen." Raising a thumbs-up, he then moved his attention back to the dog to shove it off of him and pulled at the shirt to put the wet part of it away from his skin.

"Disgusting dog. Sometimes you're despiteful." He glared the dog while Jimmy only continued to pant and wag his tail while he happily barked up at him.

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-02-2011, 03:58 PM

An uncomfortable feeling grew in Ian's stomach. So Kal was being serious? How was he supposed to respond to that? He had been wanting his first kiss to be with someone he really loved... Well... He did care about Kal a lot. They've been friends for a long time. He watched Jimmy for a few seconds, trying to get his thoughts in order. He bit his lip for a second before sighing lightly. "... I guess you're right...." he said. "..... I guess if you're being really serious.... I could let you help me out.."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-02-2011, 11:15 PM

Kalvin turned to look back at Ian and he saw the discomfort on the other's face. "Hey," he started, "No sweat. It's all right if we don't." He grinned again. "You aren't me, that much I understand. You're the romantic type, if I remember right." Petting Jimmy, he had just gotten up to his feet when he'd heard his mother call him from downstairs. It was eating time, apparently.

"So, princess," he said as he held out his hand to Ian, "Shall we go? Our princesses await."

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-02-2011, 11:19 PM

Ian was silent for a second. It was true that him and Kal were similar in many ways, but they were still different. He bit his lip for a second before sighing. He really did want to get his first kiss out of the way and trying to kiss his girlfriend makes him really nervous. "It's just one kiss... Right?" he asked, taking hold of Kal's hand as he used it to stand up. Once he was standing, he nodded. "Yeah. Let's go."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-02-2011, 11:53 PM

Kalvin helped Ian up and he smiled at his words. "Yeah," he said as he let go of Ian's hand, "You want to do it now or later after dinner before we go to bed?" Stopping for a moment, he tilted his head and thought about what he'd just said. "Somehow... I made us sound like an old couple." Laughing again, the male patted Jimmy's head and waited for Ian's reply.

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-02-2011, 11:57 PM

Ian was silent for a second, thinking of when the best time would be. He bit his lip and sighed lightly."Well... I guess the best time would be now..." he said, unable to resist smiling lightly at Kal's comment on the old couple thing. But just the thought of getting kissed by Kal made a weird feeling grow in his stomach. He shouldn't be this nervous. It'll only last a second or two then I'd be out of the way.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-03-2011, 11:19 AM

Kalvin carefully watched Ian before he'd shrugged and grinned. "All right then," he said as he chuckled, "Now, imagine I'm some pretty blond woman who's definitely your type or just think of your girlfriend." Nodding at his last words, he patted Jimmy away and stood there with his hands tucked into the back pocket of his pants. "Ready when you are, Ian."

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-03-2011, 11:26 AM

Ian bit his lip as he thought hard and tried to imagine Kal as someone else. It was so hard to do. For one, imagining him blond was hard because he looked nothing like one. And blonds were not Ian's type at all. And trying to imagine him as his girlfriend only made it harder. It looked like he'd just have to deal with the way he looked now. He took a deep, nervous breath and took a step forward towards Kal and leaned forward so he could kiss him, but pulled away quickly before he could. "I can't do this..." he said, dropping his gaze. "Could you just kiss me? It'd be easier on me if you did." He hoped he wasn't asking too much. If he was, then they could just forget the whole thing.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-03-2011, 11:29 AM

Kalvin didn't need to be asked twice. When he'd seen the troubled look on Ian's face and had heard that plea, he had taken that invitation and the initiative to lean in and close the distance between the both of them. He kissed Ian and he let his lips linger onto the other's own while he silently watched him with half-lidded eyes. Somehow, his eyes had almost slid shut halfway but he'd forced them open. He wasn't kissing his girlfriend, after all, but his best friend. Once he'd finally pulled back, he smiled at Ian. "That was just it. A kiss. Nothing to be scared of or embarrassed, really." The male reached out to pat the other's shoulder and motioned for Jimmy to come by patting his own thigh.

"We better head down or Janice'll kill me." The male laughed. "You better not tell her this happened, by the way. I still want to live."

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-03-2011, 11:36 AM

A part of Ian had been hoping Kal would just let the whole thing go. The other part wanted his first kiss done with and out of the way. The second Kal's lips touched his own, he couldn't stop a blush from forming on his face and his heart-rate sped up quickly. Even though, he found it to be rather nice. But he was sure he could now kiss his girlfriend, now that his first kiss was out of the way.

When Kal pulled away, Ian turned his head quickly, fighting away the blush that was slowly fading. Once he was sure it was gone, he nodded and smiled. "Don't worry. I won't tell her... And thanks, by the way.."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-03-2011, 11:49 AM

Kalvin was rather amused at Ian blushing like some school girl. Honestly, he had expected it but he didn't think he'd think it was actually cute on Ian. "Yeah," he said with a grin, "Anything for a good friend. You better get your kisses from your girlfriend. You need to go step up from the first base if you want to get anywhere with her." Winking at him, he hurried out of the room with Jimmy chasing him down the stairs and into the dining room where he was chided at for being childish sometimes.

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-03-2011, 11:59 AM

Ian pouted for a second before smiling. Kal did have a point. He needed to kiss his girlfriend before she thought their relationship wasn't going anyway. He followed after his friend, laughing when he heard him being chided. "So. What're we having?" he asked, the smell of food making his stomach growl.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-03-2011, 12:53 PM

Ian laughing at him felt like old times and he couldn't help but grin. When he'd asked that question, his mother sprang into the descriptions of the different foods set out on the table. One of them had to be Ian's favorite food: Tacos. "Eat as much as you like, dear," Kalvin's mother said as she smiled brightly, looking joyous and beautiful as ever, "Don't be shy." Kalvin, on the other hand, was now enjoying his dinner.

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-03-2011, 12:57 PM

Ian smiled happily as he took a seat at the table. The one thing he wasn't shy about was when it came to food and eating the food. So, the second he was completely seated, he grabbed a plate and piled food onto it and started digging in. "Mmm~ You're cooking is just as good as I remember." he said, smiling at Kal's mother. Even though he wasn't that hungry an hour ago, when he started eating, he suddenly felt starved.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-03-2011, 11:05 PM

Kalvin took his own plate to pile food onto it as well before he'd started eating. He chuckled at Ian's words and grinned towards his mother who gave him a look. Janice, on the other hand, was rather amused at the two as she silently ate her food. Jimmy, too, was waiting to be fed. He had his front paws on Kalvin's lap and was looking up expectantly at him. "Bring me your bowl," he told the dog and he watched him trot off and bring him back what he'd asked for. Kalvin put some of the dishes in, set it down by his chair on the floor and grinned at the dog who barked happily up at him before digging in, too.

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-04-2011, 12:50 PM

[[Time skip~]]

Ian smiled lightly as he walked down the street with his girlfriend, Taylor. She didn't have her daughter with her today, having just left her with a babysitter back in her own town. They walked past the cafe where Kal worked and Ian paused. "Hey. There's someone I want you to meet." he said, smiling lightly as she nodded. She followed him into the building and watched as he scanned it looking for his friend. "Hey!" he exclaimed, grabbing hold of Kal's arm. "I want you to meet my girlfriend."
"It's nice to meet you." she said, smiling polietly.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-05-2011, 12:07 AM

Kalvin sighed for the umpteenth time. He honestly didn't have to have that girl he's been going out with come to this shop with her ex-boyfriend as a 'thank you' to him. He just did his job. When the bell had rung, he wouldn't have had turned his attention to his best friend if it weren't for him grabbing his arm. "Whoa," was his first statement at the pretty woman. He put on a handsome smile on his face before he'd taken Taylor's hand and kissed the back of it. "Such a pretty woman for a dull man; I wonder what you see in him." He was, of course, teasing his best friend. Laughing lightly, the blond let go of Taylor's hand and nodded.

"It's a pleasure finally meeting you. I've heard a lot about you from Ian." Pausing for a moment, he remembered they were still at his work place. "Were you two wanting a seat? We have a free seat at the corner, which could be all for yourselves."

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-05-2011, 11:41 AM

Ian pouted at the dull man comment, but Taylor was smiling and laughing lightly, which resulted in him smiling. He nodded, a smile still showing on his face. "Yeah. That'd be nice." he said, taking hold of his girlfriend's hand and leading he to the table. Once seated, they had a longish chat before she stood up and walked away. Ian went from smiling to having a completely blank face, staring at some random spot on the table, an uncomfortable feeling in his stomach. He sighed lightly before standing up, ready to leave.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-05-2011, 11:53 AM

Kalvin had left them alone when he had seated them. He was happy for his friend that his girlfriend had finally come all this way from whatever state she was from to visit him. Hell, he'd even thought this was going to be the day where he'd be sharing a kiss with her. He blinked when he'd heard the bell ring and he turned to see his best friend standing up in time. Giving the tray he was holding to his co-worker, he gave him a few words before he'd come over to where Ian was. "Hey," he started. He knew that kind of face all too well. "What happened, Ian?" A worried look washed over his face as he put his hand on his shoulder. "Talk to me."

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-05-2011, 12:02 PM

Ian shook his head and forced a smile on his face. "It's not a big deal.. You shouldn't worry about it." he said. He knew Kal was worried and he contemplated whether or not he should just tell him. But he was hurting badly and talking about it to someone always did seem to help, even just a little. So he took a deep breath and sighed lightly. "It's just that.. Taylor broke up with me. We're just going to be friends." he said, shrugging lightly like it was no big deal, but his forced smile slowly disappeared from his face.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-05-2011, 12:15 PM

Kalvin knew better. The firsts always did hurt. Forcing Ian to sit back down onto the chair, he put his arm around the man's shoulders and patted his back lightly. "That's a big deal," he started before he'd smiled sadly, "I know what you're going through." Noticing the wave sent his way by his co-worker, he let out a quiet sigh and turned his attention back to Ian. "After I finish with work, you come over again at my place. Let's play 'til the wee hours of the morning like the old times." He grinned. "My mom, Janice and Jimmy misses you, too."

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 01-05-2011, 12:44 PM

Ian didn't really like being pushed back down. He wanted to go home and lock himself in his room. But he knew Kal was only doing this because he cared. And even though he wanted to spend the next year or so in isolation, he nodded. "Yeah. Alright." he said, smiling lightly. This was probably better. Being around people to get your mind off the thing hurting you is a lot better than spending the time alone where you constantly think of it. "Sounds great."