Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-11-2011, 03:49 AM

Plot: A doctor tends to a patient with some broken bones. In the process they get to know each other. Will they fall in love eventually? Only time can tell. Although...

Character Profile(s)

The Doctor

Name: Sam F. Hoffmen
Height: Six Feet
Eye Color: Red
Hair Color: Brown
About Him: Dr. Hoffmen isn't like other doctors, no not in a Dr. House kind of complex though. More in appearance than anything else. His eyes are sensitive to light, hence the reason why he wears shades all the time, and his skin is also sensitive to the sun. Dr. Hoffmen just started working at Breeway Hospital, and one of his first patients is patient with some broken bones. Some of his co-workers are kind of scared of Dr. Hoffmen because of his red eyes, and the way he has to dress. Some of the med students are afraid to make their rounds with him. Although Dr. Hoffmen is just like any other person. Just a bit different, that's all.

Last edited by Dottie Mae Evans; 07-11-2011 at 11:03 PM..

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-11-2011, 10:57 PM

The Patient

Name:Sandra Maydew
Height: 5foot 7inch's
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Brown
About Her:Sandra grew up near the beach as a child she has no sibling's. she moved when she was 18years old to this city. she bought a apartment it's a nice size for a 2bedroom one bath. she got hurt while teaching her students how to do gymnastics on a weekday. she broke one of her leg's,her arm got hurt a bit so it has to be in a cast. she even broke some rib's when falling off when one of the ring's broke. the local gym is trying to fix thing's while she is away. her students are going to a other gym till she can get out of the hospital.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 PM

It's 9am, Dr. Hoffmen just arrived at Breeway Hospital, and went to the doctor's locker room for a minute to change into his white coat. When he got out of the locker room, he picked up his patient's charts and began reading them. One of the chief of staff went of to Dr. Hoffmen and said, "Well, well, Sam Hoffmen, I heard one of the medical students complained about you. Why is that?"

"They requested to be transferred to Dr. Bin, that is why. So I had that arranged," Dr. Hoffmen replied to the chief of staff.

"Well Dr. Hoffmen, it is required that you have one medical student following you," The chief of staff said, "I'll tell you what, I'll give you one more chance with this medical student that just came in. He is a rookie, but I am sure you won't 'scare' this one away... Understood?"

"Yes, Dr. Buckley," Dr. Hoffmen said as he was a bit annoyed with Dr. Buckley. What Dr. Buckley didn't understand was, Sam wasn't chasing medical students away. They were afraid of him and wanted to get away from him.

Dr. Buckley one of the chief of staff introduced Dr. Hoffmen to his new medical student.

"This is uh... Jerome Ivory," Dr. Buckley said as he tried his best to remember to medical student's name, "and this is Dr. Hoffmen. Everyone says he is creepy, but you'll do just fine..."

"It's Jason, not Jerome..." Jason said as he sighed at Dr. Buckley saying his name wrong.

Dr. Buckley just smiled, then walked off and said, "Best of luck in your career..."

"Nice to meet you Jason," Dr. Hoffmen said as he extended his hand out for Jason to shake it.

"Nice to meet you too," Jason said to Dr. Hoffmen as he shook his hand.

Dr. Hoffmen looked at his chart and decided to go to Sandra's room first. Dr. Hoffmen gave Jason another chart to go to the next room and gave him some intructions.

"Ask Mr. Shaw how he is feelings today and recheck his vitals," Dr. Hoffmen, "and then report back to me after I am done with this patient."

Jason nodded and did that. Dr. Hoffmen walked into Sandra's room and asked, "How are you feeling today, Ms. Maydew?"

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-11-2011, 11:51 PM

Sandra look's up when she hear's the doctor speaking to her she smile's a bit. "My right leg hurt's on and off my left arm is doing fine. as for my broken ribs they have not been causing me any pain." Ms.Maydew says to Dr.Hoffmen in a clam yet quite tone of voice. she was one of the few people that were not sacred by him. so far today she eat some breakfast watch some tv her parents. were planing to stop by later on today to see how she is doing.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-12-2011, 12:01 AM

"Ok," Dr. Hoffmen said as he wrote down what she said, "so expecting to go back into gymnastics after you're all healed up?"

Dr. Hoffmen checked her vitals on the chart near he bed and wrote them down on his chart.

"Although you do have to wait a bit before you get back into the game," Dr. Hoffmen said as he readjusted his shades, "after your bones heal I mean. Other than that, you'll be out of here in two weeks. Depends on how you're healing."

Meanwhile Jason took the vitals of Mr. Shaw and talked with him a bit.

"Ok, I'll get Dr. Hoffmen and he'll come in to check to see how you're doing," Jason said as he wrote down some notes and walked outside.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-12-2011, 06:50 PM

"Of course it's my job to teach my students gymnastics Doctor. well hopefully I won't have to much trouble with my bone's healing up." Sandra says to Dr.Hoffmen in a happy tone of voice she wish. she had her computer with her to play some online games at least. the woman was know as a child for breaking her bones a lot.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-13-2011, 02:39 AM

"You'll have to be careful when you get back to work though," Dr. Hoffmen said as he took off his gloves, washed his hands and them put on the hospital's gloves.

"Let me know if the following places still hurt," Dr. Hoffmen said as he did what he had to do.

Jason paged Dr. Hoffmen and waited for a response or for him to walk out of the room.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-13-2011, 08:26 PM

Ms.Maydew cry's out in pain when he touch's flowing places that still did hurt a lot. All the places hurt like crazy I wonder if my leg won't heal up fully. this time around I broke my leg 3times before as a child." she says in a worried tone of voice knowing. that she would lose her job if she could not use both of her legs.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-14-2011, 02:01 AM

Dr. Hoffmen felt sad when Ms. Maydew said that. Then it brought back a few memories which he then shook off.

"Well, I am sure it will heal," Dr. Hoffmen said as he finished, washed his hands and then put back on his gloves, "although you'll have to take it easy for the first week when you're released."

Dr. Hoffmen looked at his smart phone, noticed he was paged and said, "I'll come back in later on to check on you. Try to enjoy your day, Ms. Maydew."

Dr. Hoffmen walked out and saw Jason. He talked with Jason and then went to the next room.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 AM

Sandra lay's her head on the pillow then turn's the tv on to do something. for the time being if her arm heals soon. she mighty be able to read a book again it would be better then tv. being a maydew meant dealing with the pain even if it means having. to give up something to keep on going that is what her father's family is like.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-14-2011, 03:05 AM

The next day came and Dr. Hoffmen came into the hospital finishing his Cafe Con Leche. He threw the cup in the garbage after he was done. Then Jason came up to him with his report from yesterday.

"I know you'll pass that hard exam," Dr. Hoffmen said to Jason as he finished his Cuban Toast as well.

One of Dr. Hoffmen's co-workers joked around with him and said, "Hey, where is my breakfast?"

"It's at the restaurant," Dr. Hoffmen replied as he was reading his charts.

"Jason, I'll need you to check on Ms. Maydew," Dr. Hoffmen said as he noticed Mr. Shaw was almost ready to be discharged, "tell her I'll see her in ten minutes after you check her vitals and ask her a few questions."

"Ok, will do," Jason said as he went into Ms. Maydew's room, "Hello I am the medical student that is with Dr. Hoffmen. He'll see you in ten minutes. I am just going to check your vitals and ask you some questions."

After Jason checked Ms. Maydew's vitals and wrote them down, he asked her a question about pain.

"Rating your pain on a scale from one to ten, how do you feel today?" Jason asked as he waited for her to answer.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-14-2011, 03:21 AM

"I would have to say a 8 and I think something mighty be wrong. with my left leg it gave me a great deal of pain last night."Ms.Maydew says to the medical student while her voice sound kind. she wonder how her own students are doing? that only made her want to cry since most of them. are grade school all the way up to middle school they all ways. love to hear her story's about when she was learning gymnastics.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-14-2011, 03:16 PM

"Hm..." Jason said as he wrote that down, "I'll go get the doctor right away then."

Jason walked out of the room and paged Dr. Hoffmen. He knew Dr. Hoffmen was making sure Mr. Shaw was ready to be discharged. After a few minutes of waiting, Dr. Hoffmen told Jason he'll be back in a second. Dr. Hoffmen went to the nurses desk and sign his share of the discharged papers. Then he walked back over to Jason and talked with him for a bit.

"Ok, come with me, Jason," Dr. Hoffmen said as he went into Ms. Maydew's room with Jason.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-16-2011, 02:10 AM

Sandra notice the young student and Dr.Hoffmen in her hospital room. yet sighs out in pain softly as her left leg was starting. to bug her again when she had been in emergency room. the doctor's that had treated her said only her right leg was broken. as well a part her her left arm she had forgot how much.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-17-2011, 03:13 AM

"Ms. Maydew," Dr. Hoffmen said to her as he was looking at her chart and a digital x-ray, "I don't know how to put this but, we may have to operate on your left leg."

Dr. Hoffmen told Ms. Maydew all about the surgery and who was going to conduct the surgery.

Jason was still new to the Breeway Hospital and when he heard that the Surgeon's name was Kuro Hazama, he thought of Black Jack the fictional character created by Osamu Tezuka.

"I wish I could conduct your surgery," Dr. Hoffmen said to Ms. Maydew, "but... I don't specialize in that area."

The truth of the matter was the operating room was too well lit for Dr. Hoffmen, and the last operating room he was in... He ended up having a seizure of some kind.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-17-2011, 03:47 AM

"It's all right Dr.Hoffmen I am use to getting surgery done. heck I bet your girlfriend must be a lucky lady." Sandra says as she talk's at random. not truly knowing if the doctor even has a gf are not in the first place. heck she her self laugh when people ask her if. she has a boyfriend she all way's tell them no I don't got one. I'm waiting for the right guy to come a long in my life even if he is really different.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-18-2011, 12:36 AM

When Sandra asked that, Dr. Hoffmen didn't say anything back. He remained professional. Although the truth of the matter was, he had no girlfriend at this present time. The last girlfriend he had dumped him.

Dr. Hoffmen did give Sandra a response though and only said two words, quietly "only if..."

Jason asked Dr. Hoffmen if he should notify Dr. Hazama.

"Yes, you can," Dr. Hoffmen said to Jason and then whispered, "but just don't compare him to fictional characters."

"If all goes well with the surgery, and when you heal," Dr. Hoffmen said to Sandra as he didn't want to crush her dreams, "you might be able to go back to your job. After a month of physical therapy of course."

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2011, 12:57 AM

Ms.Maydew had heard Dr.Hoffmen say only if did she bring uop. a sad memory for him by mistake by asking him that? "Why are you not telling me the bad? all ways have been tolled since I broke my leg bone's so many times. I mighty have to quit my job if I beak my leg bone's for good." she says to the doctor she dislike it. when they try to hide stuff form her only telling her the good things.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-18-2011, 02:00 AM

Dr. Hoffmen decided to do something that he rarely does, and that is show his patients his eyes. He wasn't hiding anything from Ms. Maydew. Then again he can't be one hundred percent sure either, about Ms. Maydew's condition. He remembered having a similar case, even though it was a juvenile patient, the patient was able to go back to playing contact sports. He still gets e-mails from that patient from time to time.

Dr. Hoffmen took off his shades and looked Ms. Maydew straight in the eye, "I wouldn't lie to my patients. There is always a fifty-fifty chance for recovery, and that fifty-fifty chance of going back to your regular life."

Jason saw Dr. Hoffmen's red eyes and wondered if he was albino or something.

"Also, I don't want to bring in negative energy into my patients room." Dr. Hoffmen replied as he was calm about it and was very compassionate about it, "I wouldn't tell you there was a chance you would recovery if it wasn't true."

Jason noticed a twitch in Dr. Hoffmen's left eye. Jason then remembered what that was a sign of and was ready to catch Dr. Hoffmen if necessary.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 AM

"I must say Dr.Hoffmen I never knew you had such a rare eye color. it look's great on you but please put your glass's back on I don't want you to get hurt!" Sandra says to him while she would not admit right away. that she use to know someone else how had the same eye color. yet knew what could happen if they look at bright light's for to long. it would cause them to have a seizure sometimes they could be really bad. she try's to sit up in bed even if it caused her pain right now.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-18-2011, 02:47 AM

Dr. Hoffmen put his shades back on and then had a bit of a flashback, although it was a vague one. He quickly snapped out of it though.

"Don't try to sit up, Ms. Maydew" Dr. Hoffmen said as he didn't want her to be in pain, "you don't want to put a strain on your muscles."

Jason wonders if they had met before, but he keeps his thoughts to himself and never says a thing.

Dr. Hoffmen thanked Ms. Maydew for her concern and kindness.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2011, 02:57 AM

She only shakes her head in to a no as Ms.Maydew kept on. forcing her self to sit up in bed the woman was use to pain. "I'll be fine I'm use to pain Excuse me Jason. but I think am out of water could you go get some for me please?" Ms.Maydew ask the young man in a kind tone of voice that was soft. yet look's over at Dr.Hoffmen trying to recall a old memory form her jr high school days.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-18-2011, 03:04 AM

"Sure, thing Ms. Maydew," Jason said as he stepped out of the room for a bit to bring her some fresh water in her pitcher.

Meanwhile, Dr. Hoffemen still tried to remain professional even though he had a few vague flashbacks here and there. Then he finally blurted the question, and made sure his chief of staff was not looking or listening in.

"Have we meet long ago in the past?" Dr. Hoffmen asked as he took off his gloves and remembered a girl that looked similar to Ms. Maydew but back in his middle school days.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2011, 03:11 AM

"I think we have met in the past I can recall knowing. someone with red eye's skin so pale the sun would be able to hurt him. but I can't recall if it was middle school are jr high school. yet I can all ways recall being in love with that guy." Sandra says as she blush's like crazy as she talk's to Dr.Hoffmen. then she sighs out as she get's a flash back form her past about. the guy she had just talk about then faints.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-18-2011, 03:21 AM

Dr. Hoffmen blushes and then has a major flash back. Tears came to his eyes and realizes he should had noticed her instead of hiding from the girls back during his teen years. The thing is, he did "like" her but was afraid of being rejected. After snapping out of his flashback, he realized Ms. Maydew fainted, he checked for a pulse and finds one. He sighs with relief.

Jason comes back with the water and notices she has fainted. He places the pitcher down and asked Dr. Hoffemen what happened.

"Thinking about the past sometimes can cause one to pass out in pain," Dr. Hoffmen said in a worried voice, "Give Dr. Hazama these notes while I..."

"I understand, Dr. Hoffmen, I won't tell the Chief of Staff or anyone else," Jason said as he went to give the papers to Dr. Hazama.

Last edited by Dottie Mae Evans; 07-18-2011 at 03:35 AM..