Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-12-2012, 02:39 AM

Derek grabbed the papers from Jarred and looked them over, making sure everything was filled out correctly. He nodded, "Yes you may leave, but be back her tomorrow at 8 a.m. We have patrol, and maybe we can find something you'll find entertaining. Never know." he shrugged.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-12-2012, 05:02 AM

Jarred rolled his eyes, convinced that would never be true. "Cruising around town in a cop car? Never cool," he said with a shake of his head. He stood up and gave a little stretch before stalking off with barely more than a good bye. He had full intentions of finding himself a new apartment today. His tiny radius would make things difficult, but he needed a new place close to the station.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-12-2012, 05:07 AM

Derek watch the younger man leave and groaned. The next six months were going to be hell if they continued the same as today. He had to find a way to break the guy's attitude, which would start tomorrow by going on patrol without Scotts tagging along. Usually the two went out together, as partners would, but they both had their own cars and could easily patrol separately tomorrow. This way Derek could talk a bit more freely. Derek spent the rest of the day combing through the mountains of paper on his desk, determined to shrink them before going home, or else he'd have Everest on his desk after patrol the next day. He went home a little later than usually and climbed into the shower, determined to wash the stress of the day away before reporting to the station at seven the next morning.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-12-2012, 06:01 AM

Not long before 8 am, Jarred's phone let out a burst of song by Anti-Flag from beneath his pillow. He groaned and swatted at the thing, only succeeding in knocking it to the floor. Just before it went to snooze, he snatched it up and turned off the alarm. With another groan, he sat up, blinked, and walked straight from the bed to the bathroom, glancing at his bedraggled image in the mirror. A mirror that didn't look like it belonged on the not so freshly painted wall. It was the best apartment he could get though.

Getting ready for Jarred was a very simple thing. He only slept in boxers, not being the sort to sleep encumbered by large amounts of clothes. His shower lasted barely five minutes and soon he was dressed in a white tank top and grey hoodie along with dark baggy jeans. He was still running his hand through his wet hair when he jogged outside and walked the short distance to the station. He arrived only three minutes late and promptly walked to Derek's desk which he could easily remember the location of despite the confusing nature of the place's set up.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-13-2012, 05:30 AM

The next morning, Derek spent the hour before Jarred was supposed to arrive going through a few last minute reports and signing his name to them before moving on to the next. The morning had passed much as every morning did for the cop. Get up early, shower, gel hair, put on unifor, go to the station, do paperwork until patrol. Nothing exciting, though he was certain it wouldn't be that way once Jarred arrived.

The hacker showed up only a few minutes late, which mildly surprised Derek, but he didn't let it show, instead finished the report he was working on, signed it, and turned to greet Jarred. "Morning," he said. "I hope you're ready to go, we need to be out of here by eight fifteen."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-13-2012, 08:48 PM

Jarred had his arms crossed as he stood and waited for Derek to acknowledge his presence. When the guy finally did, Jarred fixed his face into a scowl. "I'm as ready as cow on it's way to be branded," he said in answer, completely skipping over the customary greeting. "Can we just hurry up and go before I find a very convenient excuse not to go that will get us both in trouble?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-14-2012, 02:08 AM

Scowling at Jarred, Derek gathered his gear, checked his belt, and grabbed his keys, "Don't hack something, that includes not messing with the comm system in my car. Mess with that and you could actually get us killed on accident." He led the way out the back of the station to where his car was parked, beeping it open as they approached.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2012, 12:40 AM

Jarred trotted after Derek, hands stuff in his pockets. "You have my all wrong. I would never mess with a system as rudimentary as that," he said with a scoff. "You have very few things around that are worth hacking. In fact the only way I'd touch your comm system is if I'm making it better. Which, if you're nice to me, I just might." A lie on both parts. He was pretty sure that if he could get his hands on Derek's personal computer, that would be loads of fun to hack. And no amount of niceties would get him to help the suffering technology that the cops used.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-15-2012, 01:03 AM

Derek chuckled, "Somehow I don't believe you." he climbed into the driver's seat of his car, indicating that Jarred should climb into the passenger's. "You'd probably make it so every cop can't access their info or something and it'd probably take you two seconds." He shook his head, "I don't get you hackers. You're so brilliant with technology, why use that genius illegitimately?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2012, 01:30 AM

Jumping into the passenger's seat, Jarred looked around. "I don't think I like being in this side of the car. It feels wrong." He shook his head and looked over at Derek as he pulled one knee up to his chest, ignoring his seat belt altogether. "Locking you guys out of your own system is a really good idea though. Thanks for that. Totally wasn't considering it 'till now. And if you really want to know why genius types break the rules? It's because we're smart enough to see which are the right rules to follow and which aren't."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-15-2012, 05:20 AM

"I'd put you in the back, but that wouldn't be very expedient if I actually have to cuff someone," Derek comment wryly, pulling out of the spot. His seatbelt also unbuckled, it would just get in the way. "No, just no. I find you anywhere near a computer and you'll like me even less. Got it?" He paused and considered Jarred's response to his last question, "But if you're so smart, wouldn't that mean you'd know that not following the rules will lead you to crap like this. Which you hate?"

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 12-12-2012 at 06:49 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 AM

Jarred just waved him off. "If I didn't ever take a risk, I'd still be living in my cave, lights dimmed to better see my computer screen as I slain dragons and ate peanut m&ms. If the only splash I can make on the world is reigning champion of Rift, then what am I doing?" he said with a smile playing across his lips. "What I'm saying is, my life style did me pretty well up till now. Living by my rules is worth the short term trouble." And by no means was Derek going to stop him from living to those rules even now.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 AM

Derek shook his head, "I just can't understand that logic. And really it's not going to be short term for you. You'll be on every list of suspects to every pop up for technological crime now. The FBI, the CIA, the cops. They aren't going to leave you alone." He glance over at Jarred as he said this, shrugging casually as he said what was basically the truth.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2012, 05:55 AM

"You forgot the mossad, the irish mob, interpol...etc. Think bigger." Jarred said it like a simple fact, shrugging a shoulder as he talked. Obviously, he wasn't bothered by the corner he had backed himself into. "My logic is my own. You don't have to understand it."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-15-2012, 06:01 AM

"I don't even want to know what you did to get the Irish mob after you. That one was surprisingly not in your file." Derek shook his head. "I don't think your logic necessarily works. You hate that you're on a leash, that you had to work with the FBI, and now me. Yet you aren't bothered by the fact that the probability for this happening again has gone up? Or do you see it as some weird challenge or something?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-16-2012, 02:58 AM

"Oh, but its such a good story!" Jarred exclaimed and rolled up his sleeve to show the chinese dragon tattoo with four leaf clovers spilling out of the front claws and a purple cobra in the back ones. "I stole money from them. Once for every clover." There were five. "The biggest one, I stole 10 million dollars except my patsy got killed in a random drug store robbery and things got a little hot under my feet. Maybe I'll stick close to you after all. Even the mob doesn't like to kill cops," he finished his story with a grin. "Is everything a challenge? Yes it is."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-16-2012, 03:18 AM

Derek side-eyed Jarred, if he were a lesser cop, or maybe just one that followed the letter of the book, he could get Jarred longer for what he was admitting, since this information was definitely not in his file. They had him on hacking and a couple of other things. Not money theft. Though stealling from the mob, wasn't the worst type of theft. He could steal get Jarred a much higher sentence. He wouldn't do that though, instead he shook his head, and said, "I wouldn't brag about that around the office. There's some there who would take advantage of you incriminating yourself." He chuckled to himself, "I want a look at that tat later, when I'm not driving. It looks fucking amazing." He glanced at it as well as he could before turning his eyes back to the road.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-16-2012, 03:35 AM

"Oh, I'm not incriminating myself. I'm telling a charming story, but everyone knows I'm an amazing liar and only the mob can prove I actually did it. So ask me later, and I'll say I was embellishing the past. Who can tell if I'm lying now or if I am when I tell you I didn't do it?" Jarred challenged, his smile still firmly into place. He held out his arm to get a better look at the tattoo. "This? It's pure art and I've got more where that came from. I had a pretty big hand in designing a few of 'em too."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-16-2012, 03:44 AM

"Yeah, that still won't matter. You haven't been around the idiots I work with long enough. But they'd put that on your charge list. Right now, we don't have you linked anywhere near Ireland. Shit." He bit his tongue. "I didn't say any of that," he muttered, mostly to himself. Derek pulled up to a stop light and took a longer look at the tattoo. "Well, it's awesome. Better than mine for sure."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-16-2012, 03:54 AM

Jarred waved a hand in dismissal. "Ah, this conversation is rubbish! I can talk about my crimes all day, but I don't want to sound like I'm bragging." He paused. "Oh wait, I do actually. But I can clearly say I've been nowhere near Ireland, so you are right," he said. Letting his sleeve drop again, he turned to face Derek, both eyebrows raised. "You, enforcer of all that is ordered and lawful, have a tattoo? Isn't that against the rules or something?...unless it's an army tat or something, but you don't look military to me."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-16-2012, 04:10 AM

Derek shook his head chuckling in spite of himself. The punk may be well a punk, but he had a since of humor, Derek could appreciate that, when it wasn't being used against him. He shook his head, "I'm only 27, too young for military. So you have that right. And the force doesn't know about it, nor will they find out. But tats aren't expressly against the rules. Same as any other job, don't have them in plain sight." He paused, "Before you ask. No, you may not find out what it is."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-16-2012, 04:17 AM

"27 isn't too young for the army. Plenty of kids in there. Still seems weird that you have a tat, like I'm not sure I believe it." A grumpy looked crossed Jarred's face. "I hate a mystery. It's too tempting to tell me you have it, then not tell me what it is! I'll show you mine if you show me yours?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-16-2012, 04:21 AM

"I'm definitely not military. Never even considered it. There is such a thing as too strict. That's it," Derek said wryly, then sent a smirk over at Jarred. "Nope. Definitely not." He frowned as he finished that. He was serious.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-16-2012, 04:26 AM

Jarred was never one to back away from a challenge as was already obvious. Really, Derek shouldn't tempt him so. It would be better just to give him a half truth and leave it be. Closed doors were always doors that needed opening in his mind. Not that he was going to give anyone that hint in understanding his way of thinking. "Now I really don't believe you have one! You just want a pretty bit of body art because my dragon is cool," he teased before letting out a sudden laugh. "I'll find out whether you have a tattoo or not even if I have to strip you myself to find it!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-16-2012, 04:34 AM

Derek sent an wide-eyed look over at Jarred. "I think I could get you actually thrown in a cell for assault of an officer," he squeaked out. He did not need Jarred attempting to strip him, for several reasons, all of which would lead to the same conclusion, a secret that he didn't trust Jarred to keep. His grip tightened on the steering will before he forced himself to relax. Voice more calmed, "How about I tell you the story of how I ended up with it? Would that satisfy your curiousity?"