Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 02:53 AM

I love old movies! I hope someone here does, too.

Even though I don't like all of her movies, I'm a huge Audrey Hepburn fan. My favorites are "My Fair Lady" and "How to Steal a Million" from the 1960s and "Roman Holiday" from the 1950s. Some of her most popular films, though, are "Funny Face" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's," and I really disliked them! I want to see "Green Mansions" because I love, love, love the book, but I haven't been able to find the film. The one I'm most on the fence about is "Sabrina." I love the concept but I just do not like Humphrey Bogart in that film. I can't understand why she fell for him...

Probably my favorite classic black and white film is "Gaslight" with Ingrid Bergman from the 1940s. It's about a woman who keeps misplacing things and thinking things are true that aren't, and the lights in her house mysteriously flicker at night. She doesn't know if she's haunted or going crazy. Her husband makes things worse by treating her like a child. In the end she discovers he was trying to make her think she was crazy, because he wanted rid of her. He married her for her wealth. It's scary!

After watching "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" I have become a Joan Crawford fan. Please tell me what Joan Crawford films you love!

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 10-05-2017, 04:05 AM

Dude you are totally speaking my language here. I was basically raised on classic movies because both of my parents loved them. Some of my most watched movies as a kid were "The Adventures of Robin Hood" (1938) and "The Three Musketeers" (1948). I totally thought Gene Kelly and Errol Flynn were The Dreamiest.

I mostly agree with your Audrey Hepburn rankings, except I actually really liked "Funny Face". "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" is probably on my list of favorite movies ever. Joan Crawford was also really good in "The Unknown" (1927), "Poesessed" (1947), and, of course, "Mildred Pierce" (1945). She's just so iconic.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 10-12-2017, 03:18 AM

Watched "Rope" (1948, Alfred Hitchcock) with some friends and they loved it. The vintage thriller mood is still running strong so I put in "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?". Every time I see these movies I can't get over how good they are.

alice.the.queen.of.hearts

Old 11-08-2017, 01:57 PM

I love old 1940-1960's movies. I find the acting is amazing! I love Audrey Hepburn A Roman Holiday is my all time favorite of hers! I also love the old movie musicals from then too my favorite is Funny Girl With a very young Barbra Streisand. If you haven't seen it you should its amazing! The music is great and I love how she makes a mockery of things in it. Also I think so of the old drama movies are great too. I love how they get in the black and white films the lighting on the faces and highlights the eyes when its at a dramatic moment. Ahh lighting back then was so awesome!
Also the Original Bond movie with Sean Connary, watch them they are amazing!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-11-2017, 11:43 PM

I have a couple movies I used to watch with my zia.
My favorite is Arsenic and Old Lace I think Cary Grant was in it but I can't remember the girl. Then I also love rear window Alfred Hitchcock's movie with Jimmy Stewart in it. I can seriously watch that one over and over. And then one scary one she let me watch on The Late Late Late Show it was called The Bad Seed. Not a very scary movie in this day and age but when I was little home alone with only her at night it was pretty scary. But all great movies. I am a big fan of older movies. I kind of like the movie where I don't have to wonder why is this big beewbed blonde girl taking a shower while everybody is getting killed.