jessyta
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 PM

I love seeing bands I like live! The vibe they put off just can not be captured on a cd.

What was your first concert?

Mine was The Pharcyde, Cypress Hill and 311, at the Tucson Convention Center (I was there to see 311 <33).

Favorite concert?

Mine would porbably be seeing Tool, also at the Tucson Convention Center. That or seeing the Beastie Boys in Phoenix...

My dream concert would feature Tool coheadlining with the Deftones... but it would be a festival setting, with other less large-name bands opening.

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 10:38 PM

It depends how you define first concert. xD
I guess my first REAL concert would be The Hush Sound, October Fall, The Academy Is..., and Fall Out Boy.

I don't know what my FAVORITE concert was...that's really hard to choose. I think it may have been the Black Clouds And Underdogs Tour with October Fall, The Hush Sound, From First To Last, The All-American Rejects, and Fall Out Boy.

BEST concert by far was Isis and Tool. :o That was just incredible.

Dream concert...Oh geez.
Uh...
At the moment, I guess it'd be...
Green Day, Fall Out Boy, The Matches, Tool, The Faint, and Lucky Boys Confusion.

That's quite a few for one concert, though. Hmm. I dunno. xD It's too hard. There are TONS of bands I want to see.
No specific order, there.

jessyta
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2007, 10:41 PM

Yay for another fan of Tool. Where did you see them with Isis??

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 10:50 PM

The All-State Arena in Chicago on September 18th, 2006. It was friggin' amazing. :o
My brother is the bigger Tool fan, but I do rather enjoy them. My liking of them increased SIGNIFICANTLY after that concert as well. They are easily the best live band I've ever seen. Hearing 10,000 Days played live was just...awe inspiring.

[ Maxxyne ]
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via MSN to [ Maxxyne ]

Old 03-11-2007, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessyta
My dream concert would feature Tool coheadlining with the Deftones... but it would be a festival setting, with other less large-name bands opening.
Quoted for massive truthery as far as dream concerts going. That would be phenomenal. Especially if they did 'Passenger' together... *drool* I became a big Tool fan literally 2 days after they played here. /emo

My first concert was Barney Bentall, when I was, uh... 7 I think. I've been to more than I remember, though. Barney Bentall, Spice Girls, Ozzfest, Lilith Fair, EdgeFest, Collective Soul, Tea Party... going to see Roger Waters June 21st here in Vancouver, too. <3

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-11-2007, 10:56 PM

• I was kind of disappointed about my first concert.
    It was great, don't get me wrong, but what I really wanted to be my first concert and I'm still bitter about and am worried is never going to happen is to see my favorite band, Green Day, in concert. My friend got to see them twice, and I haven't seen them at all, and it still puts me in tears to think about it. While on the other end, because I'm bitter about it, my sister who's a huge My Chemical Romance fan - she got what she wanted, she got to see her favorite band for her first concert, it was perfect for her, she's mad that I'm not as excited to see them as I am about Green Day, and it's just frustrating, because she tries to make me feel guilty about it, and I get so frustrated because there's nothing I can do about it, I"m bitter that she got her concert that she wanted, and while I enjoyed the concert and thought it was really good I can't help but thinking about how much better I would have enjoyed it had I gotten to see Green Day, and I guess it makes me feel like an asshole, and now I'm stuck because I don't want to see anyone else before I see Green Day because I'll have that same feeling about it, and I'll feel bad about it, but I know there isn't going to be an opportunity to see them for a long time, and I know there are other bands I'd like to see but I'd be more willing to see had I gotten that concert, and I feel like an ass, but this thingthat my parents wouldn't let me go because they were being stupid, it's basically ruined my concert experience for a good while x.o.

jessyta
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburstnova
The All-State Arena in Chicago on September 18th, 2006. It was friggin' amazing. :o
My brother is the bigger Tool fan, but I do rather enjoy them. My liking of them increased SIGNIFICANTLY after that concert as well. They are easily the best live band I've ever seen. Hearing 10,000 Days played live was just...awe inspiring.
10,000 Days really IS amazing live. <33 After seeing it and Wings for Marie live, and how emotional the band was in playing it, really made me appriciate the song more.

@ [ Maxxyne ]: That's exactly why I want to see them together!! I like the Deftones, but I LOVE that song!

[ Maxxyne ]
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via MSN to [ Maxxyne ]

Old 03-11-2007, 11:00 PM

That's my favoritest song evar. It's sort of my fiancee's and my song together, it was the first Deftones song I heard.

Hm. Imagine a duet by them on 'Digital Bath' too? *faint*

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 11:07 PM

poet`s playground - I haven't gotten to see Green Day yet either. D= I would have given up...I don't know what, but a lot, to have seen them as my first concert.

jessyta - I knooow!! It was beautiful. They had the smoke machines going, and there were some lasers shooting around lazily, and there was so much passion in the song...then they all sat down and we had a moment of silence for Judith and everything. It was really moving.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-11-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburstnova
poet`s playground - I haven't gotten to see Green Day yet either. D= I would have given up...I don't know what, but a lot, to have seen them as my first concert.

jessyta - I knooow!! It was beautiful. They had the smoke machines going, and there were some lasers shooting around lazily, and there was so much passion in the song...then they all sat down and we had a moment of silence for Judith and everything. It was really moving.
  • At least you've got other bands that you love that would be your first choice to see, lol.
    I didn't even really like MCR before, so it's still kind of annoying that they were my first. I wish I wasn't so picky though T_T.
    But, the only bands that I would really love to see in concert, I can't, because they're dead.

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground
  • At least you've got other bands that you love that would be your first choice to see, lol.
    I didn't even really like MCR before, so it's still kind of annoying that they were my first. I wish I wasn't so picky though T_T.
    But, the only bands that I would really love to see in concert, I can't, because they're dead.
True. :(
But if you want to be really picky about the "first concert" definition, Avril Lavigne was my first concert. I don't count it because it was free, at a mall, and she only played a couple songs, and it was an acoustic set. xP

Or...my cousin's band. Or some orchestra/concert band.

xD We're talking about our "first concerts" as if they were our virginity. OH NOEZ, MCR RAPED YOUR CONCERT VIRGINITY! <3

At least now you'll be familiar with the concert setting for when you finally get to see Green Day, so you won't be pre-occupied with other stuff? o_x; I dunno.

jessyta
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ Maxxyne
]That's my favoritest song evar. It's sort of my fiancee's and my song together, it was the first Deftones song I heard.

Hm. Imagine a duet by them on 'Digital Bath' too? *faint*
Ahhh, Digital Bath is another one of my favorite Deftone songs!!!

Starburstnova: When I saw Tool with Isis is was an outdoor venue, so no smoke machines. It was SUPER packed too, almost too crowded. But they were so amazing, it was worth putting up with the crowd...

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-11-2007, 11:31 PM

• I don't know, I don't think it would have been that hard to get used to, and the fact that I don't want to see other people until I see them... frustrates me. But like I said, if I do see other people it will upset me even more. :?. My "first" concert was actually Styx but that was at a carnival and I didn't really have a choice, same with Blues Traveller, and neither of them were even remotely like an actual concert >.<. So, yeah, I was really looking forward to counting Green Day as my first actual concert and it's just.... I can't describe it.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-11-2007, 11:43 PM

Okie dokie. All the concerts I've been to aren't that great. No laughie at Lisa! -.-

First concert was Spice Girls, after Geri left. xP

Favorite concert was Good Charlotte, though I didn't like them as much as I did the opening acts. =x

No dream concert.. though I'd really like to go to an Avenged Sevenfold concert or AFI. I hear both put on good shows. :)

Nikki
⊙ω⊙
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Nikki

Old 03-11-2007, 11:55 PM

The first concert I remember [parents took me to loads as a tot] was a lolworthy British duo then known as PJ and Duncan. OMG it was so good. I was about 9 at the time. xD

Favourite gig of all time has to be T in the Park 2006. Hello I got to see THE WHO and Gomez and Arctic Monkeys and The Strokes and The Proclaimers and all manner of other bands. AMAZING.

Then again I loved seeing Coldplay, Stereophonics, R.E.M., Snow Patrol and Gomez live.

My dream gig has already happened. I'd kill to get in a time machine and go to Woodstock. ;______;

Although I'd love Tool, Deftones and APC together. Jessyta got me into APC a couple of months after they played their last gig here. Having seen both Deftones and Tool I know they're fantastic live but I NEVER GOT TO SEE APC. ;____;

jessyta
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2007, 11:56 PM

Oooh, I too would like to see AFI Lisa. <3

Hopefully the rumors are not true and APC will tour once again and Nikkiloverface will get to see them. <333

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 12:36 AM

:shock: I didn't know Jess liked AFI.
You learn something new everyday.

Mary
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-12-2007, 12:36 AM

My first concert was The Aquabats. on December 13th, 2005 Tilted was there. It was fabulous~

the best concert I've ever been to was also the Aquabats, but that one was on December 7, 2006. Tilted and I got to go up on stage and high five the Aquabats and random people. It was one of the greatest days of my life~

jessyta
*^_^*

Old 03-12-2007, 12:37 AM

Bill likes them more than me, he buys the cds... I listen to them. xD

Mary I don't think I have ever heard the Aquabats...

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 12:38 AM

Oooh, now I get it. I was like thinking if I ever heard of you talking about AFI. xP

Hope you and Bill get to go to an AFI concert, that'd be great. Though I hope you both get to go to a Tool one soon. :nod:

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 03-12-2007, 12:46 AM

Mary: I think my friend may have been there. xD She's obsessed with The Aquabats.

My first and only concert was sometime in December 2006 where there was The Blood Brothers, ...And you Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead, Brothers and Sisters (I think that's their name), and another band... 'Twas okay.

I'd love to go to more, I'm not picky on what. I only went to that one because my friend's crazy for the Trail of Dead and I had nothing to do. n___n;

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-12-2007, 05:27 AM

my first concert experience was Nsync >.<
since then i have gone to far better shows...

my dream concert is what is going to be going on in the UK in April (oh how i want to be there!): HIM, The Used, Kill Hannah, From First Till Last, and MSI
the only band you could possibly add would be system of a down
*drools*
someone should buy me a plane ticket and do all of my homework for me and hook me up with a place to stay... i'd cover food and show ticket :wink:

June Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 05:58 AM

Umm...I've only been to two concerts, both Gospel. Not to say they weren't good. x3

CrinkledStraw
\ (•◡•) /
n/a
Send a message via AIM to CrinkledStraw

Old 03-12-2007, 06:04 AM

I think the first concert I went to was back in 2000.
N*Sync's No Strings Attached tour.

Hahahaha.

The best concert I've ever been too was my most recent venture.
I saw Flogging Molly live here in Reno about...four monthes ago?
The atmosphere was FANTASTIC and they're a great band.

CrinkledStraw
\ (•◡•) /
n/a
Send a message via AIM to CrinkledStraw

Old 03-12-2007, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sychobunny
my first concert experience was Nsync >.<
since then i have gone to far better shows...

my dream concert is what is going to be going on in the UK in April (oh how i want to be there!): HIM, The Used, Kill Hannah, From First Till Last, and MSI
the only band you could possibly add would be system of a down
*drools*
someone should buy me a plane ticket and do all of my homework for me and hook me up with a place to stay... i'd cover food and show ticket :wink:
Lmao. Nsync was my first too.
xD

I'd love to see MSI live.
They seem like the kind of band that could really keep the crowd going.
HIM is pretty decent too.
The Used were here about a month ago for the Taste of Chaos tour.
I'm into any of the bands on it, so I didn't go, but a couple of friends did.