charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-13-2007, 05:17 PM

Hi! I'm charis_may. I'm a nineteen-year-old college student, so there'll probably be some grumbling about projects and tests. :) I'm mostly studying Japanese, though I'm not that great at it, so I'm hoping to either earn some money irl so I can travel to Japan on a class trip and learn the language better, or, well...find a new major. :oops:

Anyways: after completing my first quest, "Quest for a Dress", I decided to start another, "Deck the Gals with Tons of Jewelry" (yeah, kind of a lame name, but I liked it!). Alice Elliot helped me reach my goal by donating a scepter of chaos! Thanks, Alice! :D And thanks to everyone who's helped keep this thread alive.

What I'm currently questing for:

Silver Twirls: 50 Bought!
Blue Moon Mask: 150 Bought! (And it...makes my hair disappear? o.O;;;; )
Odyssey Space Boots: 400 Bought!
Golden Slave Collar: 700

Total: 1300 gold

Update: Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm back! Thanks a lot to Melody, Roocee, Amari Tsuki, Snowflower, and anyone I missed for helping keep this thread alive!

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-13-2007, 07:28 PM

I glanced at the shops for a short time before I decided I didn't want to read "You can't afford this item" over and over again. XD

I think I'll look after I've accumulated gold. Anyway, your quest thread was quite easy to find when you mentioned it. XD

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 02:51 AM

Yeah, it is kind of frustrating to look when you don't have much gold. It's like "but why not?!"

Oh well...I'm like...22% of the way to the dress, I think. So the lacy whites will be covered up quite soon. Hopefully tonight, although I'm going to a movie in an hour, so maybe not.

jessamica
Lady Snape

Old 10-14-2007, 02:52 AM

• Good luck questing my dear. I have the pink and black tulip dress on my main account and i just LOVE IT

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 AM

Oooh what movie?

Yeah I want to look, but I actually find earning gold here more satisfying and pleasing than gaia...simply because I tend to get more for my posts (which are often very lengthy). So I don't think I'll have that big of a problem in a couple of days looking for the shops. Depending on how much I post right now, I might look tonight. *shrugs*

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 04:04 AM

Well, in just five minutes I'm going off to the fifth Harry Potter movie.

Which means I already know everything that's going to happen, but, my roommate asked me if I wanted to go with her and three of her friends, and it's only a $1, I figured it'd be a fun time.

Yeah, tomorrow I'll probably have enough for the dress. My posts aren't all that long, but I think the gold system is very fair.

Yue-Yue
(-.-)zzZ
Banned
Send a message via MSN to Yue-Yue

Old 10-14-2007, 04:26 AM

I like your shoes hey di you know there is a new fishing game t looks awsome but I need 25 gold to get a license could anyone donate please it is a good cause and if you play gaia my name ia Meshirusama well just give her anything you want money anything

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 06:15 AM

Wow, this place also has annoying beggars...jeez. Even hoping for stuff on gaia...hopeless, much? D:

Ah, I hope you had fun at the movie then. :)

I haven't yet seen that movie. There's time for it another century or something...I don't really feel up to sitting in a theatre but I might borrow it from someone when it comes out on DVD.

cream_smoothie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to cream_smoothie Send a message via Yahoo to cream_smoothie

Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 AM

good luck with you quest. im currently questing to im trying to get leon the lion slipper and plushie

cream_smoothie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to cream_smoothie Send a message via Yahoo to cream_smoothie

Old 10-14-2007, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yue-Yue
I like your shoes hey di you know there is a new fishing game t looks awsome but I need 25 gold to get a license could anyone donate please it is a good cause and if you play gaia my name ia Meshirusama well just give her anything you want money anything
you can get banned for begging you know that right?

Teeth
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Teeth

Old 10-14-2007, 06:50 AM

G'luck! Don't worry, Menewsha is addicting and once you're addicted you splurge on posting resulting in maximum gold-making. xD
Believe me, I made the 1.5K I needed for my Headphones in a day. :/
Sad, isn't it. -.-;;

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 07:06 AM

Some scenes of the movie were very entertaining, but overall, if you've read the book, there's not much reason to see the movie, I think.

Thanks, cream_smoothie! :D Good luck with your quest too.

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 07:08 AM

Yeah that's how I feel about most movies. It's neat to see what they might do, it might be good for four or however many hours of entertainment that it'll cost me, but I'd rather just read the book. XD

I like it here...I make gold easier. I make gold really easy because I like to leave long posts.

I finally took a gander at the shops. The first item I see is a white collared dress shirt for 1.5k gold...that's nice. I knew I had expensive tastes...and...a thing for those kinds of shirts.

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 07:35 AM

Haha, yeah, I remember you mentioning those kind of shirts before.

Hmm, I enjoyed the movie just because I like anything with mind control. Voldemort mind control...hahaha.

'course, I really want to see something with Johnny and Malice and mind control because oh man I can totally see him snapping.

Hmm...200 gold...wonder if I'll get the blue flower tonight.

Apado
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via Yahoo to Apado

Old 10-14-2007, 07:39 AM

I wish you the best of luck in your quest~ >w<

*has no extra monies at the moment* Xox;

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 07:41 AM

I remember...because we brought up Johnny wearing one. Yes, he would look handsome and funny at the same time in a shirt like that.

I just find it amusing that the first two items I desired on gaia were a scarf and the white complex shirt, and here the white button up shirt...yeah, I think I follow a pretty obvious trend. D:

Mind control...I want to see that in Harry Potter. XD

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 07:57 AM

Thank you, Apado! Erm, don't worry about donating, I plan on making the gold on my own. :D

The movie emphasized a bit the fact that Voldemort is trying to seize control of Harry's mind. (Either that, or I'm misremembering the book; but I don't think it came up as much.)

I'm not sure if I follow a trend with my avatars. Except that I vastly prefer female avatars to male avatars; just more fun for dress-up, imo.

Apado
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-14-2007, 08:00 AM

well, It's hard to earn gold at the moment since the exchange is down x.x;

jessiekins
:+:+: Lady Kuchiki :+:+:

Old 10-14-2007, 08:02 AM

• Hello deary. how goes getting the dress?

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 08:08 AM

The exchange is down? That's weird, it seemed like I was still earning gold from posting...

So far so good! I think I'll get the blue flower tonight, assuming I can still earn gold. :D

Apado
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-14-2007, 08:10 AM

I usually hang out much in the exchange since that place is a mix of Menewshan Nation, CG/GD and a bit of the Charity forums xD

It's fun to talk to people there, I hate themed threads x.x;

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 08:11 AM

Sounds interesting. I actually haven't checked that forum out because...well, I don't really have much gold yet. I'll have to look when it's back up.

jessiekins
:+:+: Lady Kuchiki :+:+:

Old 10-14-2007, 08:12 AM

• lol i usually talk just about any where. *shrugs* BUt yeah with the exchange down i don't know how i'm gonna find my bunny. BUt i'll just wait it out. ^^

Apado
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-14-2007, 08:12 AM

Well, you can always ask for the sellers there to hold a certain item for you ;3

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 08:13 AM

I'm still managing to earn gold. At least, I'm pretty sure I am. o.O

I prefer female avatars on gaia, but I haven't checked out clothing here. I think male avatars aren't given enough allowances to cross dress, nor are they given as many types of clothing that actually look good.

This might appeal since the shirts look nice. I need a pair of pants. That's a pet peeve of mine. Real life or online, I like my pants. XD