Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 03-04-2010, 09:33 AM

Alana frowned looking at her. She shrugged her shoulders and followed after the handsome elf. She was interested in seeing what he was doing. She saw him just standing around with a confused look on his face. She wondered what he was thinking. She stood just inside the curtain and watched him a moment.

"Are you ok?"

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 03-04-2010, 08:36 PM

(sorry i didn't post much =[ gonna try to this weekend but been having issues getting to the computer lately >.< )

Lyra smiled, "It sounds beautiful." In the distance she could now hear what sounded like running water, a waterfall maybe? She tried to pay attention to everything and was startled by his cold hand than suddenly slid into her other hand. "Oh! I'll be more careful." She couldn't really, she was blind, but she felt she should say it. Her smile faded as she caught the transmission from Alana. "There is some kind of bacteria outbreak in your city. " She frowned, "but that doesn't seem right." her eyes were worried turned to Kej's voice. "Alana said it very hushed and fast, I... I think that something might be wrong. Shara was viscous towards us when she got out, is there something more viscous inside the city?"

Nakeit whimpered feeling the anger from Sephiroth and disappointment from the red and green glowing humans leaving without him being allowed to give chase. He laid his head on his front paws laying at Shara's feet. He looked up at her once in awhile with clear confusion in his eyes, like he didn't know what to do.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 PM

Sephiroth didn't react to Alana's words at first. Slowly turning to face the woman, he met her gaze boldly. "Fine," he stated, unblinking. For a moment, he was surprised - though he didn't show it - that a human would care. The tall man stood still once more, the lightest of breezes caressing the two figures that stood a few feet from each other. Finally, he couldn't keep his question silent. "Why would you care?" His words held no malice, only a mere curiousity. "Why would a human care about an elf?"

Kej frowned, slowing to a stop. "Could it be the guardian?" the elf asked himself, his white eyes moving to hover over the biggest building in the city. The two of them had finally reached the top of the stairs, and were looking down and out over the entire lost civilization. "I think it's Sephiroth." His voice betrayed the feeling of hesitation he felt. Worry struck his movements, making them quicker and more darting. "If that's the case, we are in grave danger."

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 PM

(oooo intresting rp this be. XD wish i didn't have to go to class =/ )

"Who is Sephiroth?" Lyra voiced, trying not to let his worry leak into her own voice and thoughts. "And, why would we be in danger?" She moved toward him to find what direction he was looking in, brushing her hand against his cheek she turned to listen in that direction. Nakeit jumped to his feet and growled, another human having entered the city, but again it was a human protected by an elf. He 'barked' in annoyance. Lyra jumped. "There is a dog down here?"

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 PM

Alana looked at him a moment with a puzzled look on her face. What did he mean why did she care? Last she checked humans did care sometimes. She wondered what the humans could have done to him to make him so hostile. What could they have done to make it so he couldn't even understand why she would care about him.

"I care because I am a caring person. I always care about other people. Thats the way I have always been."

Esmme

Old 03-05-2010, 01:51 AM

"Don't waste your time," Sephiroth said quietly, his blue eyes softening. "Human's and elves do not mix well." He turned his gaze to the waterfall nearby. "They have tried before. There are too many differences."
The tall man sighed quietly, shaking his head. "Do yourself a favor and leave before I am tempted to return to my calling." To killing. "I don't wish to harm you." The elf glared at the running water, his expression hardening. "Leave this place at once."

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-05-2010, 01:59 AM

It hit Lyra that the rushing water had gotten louder and was definitely a waterfall. She turned her head towards the sound and let go of Kej's hand stepping gingerly towards it. "Is it safe to walk towards the waterfall?" She continued walking, very carefully. She really wanted to be able to feel the rushing water, it was almost like seeing, though she was hesitant because it was also a bit of a fear of hers because she couldn't swim, never knowing which way was up if she happened to fall in. Maybe its a bad idea...

Talitha001

Old 03-05-2010, 02:19 AM

Alana stood there a moment without saying anything. She thought about what he had said. It was logical but one phrase struck her. I do not wish to harm you.That proved that he was not just a cold hearted killer. He did have some say in what he did and who he killed.

"Obviously you do care what happens to me then. If you didn't you would have killed me by now. SO there is a chance for humans and elves to get along. Right now I would say we are doing a great job."

Esmme

Old 03-05-2010, 02:24 AM

Kej paused, moving to take Lyra's hand. "It's this way," he said quietly, moving toward the building that rested in the highest place in the city. Moving carefully up the staircase, he brushed aside the dark sparkling curtain, drawing the woman ahead of him. "Straight ahead," Kej stated. It was then that he saw Sephiroth and Alana. He stopped suddenly, his breathing halting completely. It was dangerous for humans to be near the Great One. He had lived a life of killing them, and he would not hesitate to do it now.
"Lyra," he whispered, snagging the hem of her shirt. "I don't think it best." His voice trembled slightly as he spoke, and Kej watched Sephiroth warily. Strange things set him off. One moment he would be calm, the next . . . blood on the floor. It had happened before.

Glancing at Alana, the tall man inclined his head.
"It doesn't take friends to be civil," he stated.
Sephiroth turned his pale gaze to the others that entered. His eyes narrowed, and his hand strayed to his blade momentarily.
"Get. Out."
Kej shook his head, hoping for the best. He would defend Lyra and Alana if he needed to . . . even if he wasn't armed.

Last edited by Esmme; 03-05-2010 at 02:28 AM..

Talitha001

Old 03-05-2010, 02:31 AM

Alana noticed the girl Lyra and the first elf male appear. She frowned at them a moment. SHe thought she was making a real connection and then they showed up. Just perfect. She looked back at Sephiroth and frowned at him.

"How can you be so rude? They haven't done anything to you. And yet you threaten them with your posture. Why?"

She was sure she knew nothing about elf culture or how it worked but she was going to find out as much as she could before she left. Her eyes strayed to the sword. Or die trying.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-05-2010, 02:36 AM

Lyra turned toward this new voice and whispered, "Is This Sephiroth?" his voice is harsh and cold, but Alana is with him. That has to be a good sign. She tried to take a step forward towards him but her shirt was held which she hadn't noticed right away. "Oh?" She tried to listen to figure out what was going on but Kej was hardly even breathing and Alana was being defense. "What's his posture saying?" Lyra was rather helpless again and she had no idea quite how much danger she was in at that very moment.

Esmme

Old 03-05-2010, 03:14 AM

"Yes," Kej breathed quietly, "he is Sephiroth. A . . . peace-keeper."
The large man looked at Lyra strangely, his eyes cold.
"I took an oath to keep your kind from entering here," Sephiroth said, his deep voice hardening. "And I am not going back on my word." Elves took the spoken tongue very seriously. If you spoke, it may as well have been a paper with your signature on it. "Leave this place."
The hiss of his long blade leaving it's sheath echoed lightly through the dim room, and the large man took a threatening step toward Lyra. Sephiroth's hand tightened about the hilt, and he brought the sword up to set it under the blind woman's chin, lifting her face to him.
"Blind," he muttered, frowning slightly. Once more, the aggression seemed to flit from his expression - though not his stance. His smooth face calmed, only the smallest of frowns resting on his brow. "How strange." Elves rarely saw anyone with such . . . weaknesses. Their kind dealt harshly with them, never allowing a blind child to live. If you were not an asset, you were a weak link. They didn't have room for such trivial error . . . not then.
Kej pulled Lyra away from the blade's touch, standing to his full height. Even then he was still a good three inches shorter than Sephiroth. "Leave them be, Great One. The city's laws are demolished."
His words seemed to have an odd effect on the other male, and his gaze narrowed dangerously. In a swift movement, he brought his blade about, gracefully nicking Kej's cheek - dominance. When Kej didn't flinch, Sephiroth moved to a different show of dominination. Grasping the dark-haired elf's throat, he lifted him into the air.
"You have no power over the laws," he hissed, his blue eyes shining with rage. Tossing Kej to the side, he turned his feral eyes to Alana and Lyra. "Who are you to stop me?"
In a swift movement, he had Alana by the scruff of her shirt, the tip of his long blade resting on her collar. "Who are you to change how our kind treat human-kind?"

Talitha001

Old 03-05-2010, 03:23 AM

Alana did not move an inch. She did not flinch. She did not do anything. She stood there. Her green eyes narrowed. She tried to keep her breathing even and calm. She did not want to get him anymore mad at her.

"I am Alana Vartos. I am not afraid of you and you will not treat me like this. I am here to help you out. I am not going to leave just because one elf has a problem with me. Its not that easy. I have a job to do and I plan on doing it."

She paused and took a breath.

"Or die trying."

Esmme

Old 03-05-2010, 04:21 AM

"You would die for a task you have been assigned?" Sephiroth raised a pale eyebrow, regarding Alana silently for many moments. "Brave, for a woman." He ever so slowly lowered his blade, letting the tip graze the ground beside him. The tall elf raised his head a bit, narrowing his eyes. "What is your purpose here?" he asked, letting his gaze meet hers steadily. For a moment, Sephiroth pushed aside his urge to kill; his thirst for blood. For now, he merely asked what the humans wanted.

Talitha001

Old 03-05-2010, 04:51 AM

She let herself relax as he lowered his sword. So it had worked as she had hoped. She stared at him hard.

"I am here to uncover this city and record what is to be found. And yes I would willingly die to get this done. I may be a woman but I can fight next to the bravest men. I am not afraid of you or anyone else. I only ask that you allow us to record this find. We humans have nothing against you elves. In fact we don't even think you exist. So I can keep it that way if you wish. We just have to finish our job and we will be out of here. You can even designate who you want to let in."

Esmme

Old 03-05-2010, 05:17 AM

"Historians?" the tall man asked, slowly sheathing his blade. He shook his head, closing his eyes for a moment. "You may enter," Sephiroth stated, moving to the next subject. "And the blind one as well. No one else." His words were final. "I will kill anyone else I find in the city or anywhere near it."
Kej moved to grab Lyra's hand, his white eyes watching Sephiroth closely. This was odd. This was different. The Guardian's never allowed humans into the city. Then again, time changed everything. Even the unchangable.
Sephiroth moved toward the waterfall letting the freezing water run over one of his hands. He ignored the drops that flew through the cool air, and slowly cupped his hands to bring a bit of the liquid to his mouth. The silver-haired man drank quietly, wiping his mouth with the back of his glove.

"Only you may enter here," he said once more, his deep voice low and dangerous. "Don't let me see otherwise, human."

Talitha001

Old 03-05-2010, 05:36 AM

She listened to him keeping her eyes on him. When he finished drinking and mentioned that last part she could relax. It would take much longer this way but at least they could get this work done.

"As you wish."

She turned and headed back towards where she had come from. She needed to finish what she was doing and it was going to take several weeks. SHe just hoped this would work. She couldn't get that elf off of her mind. He was so handsome and vicious. There was something about him that she wanted to get to know more.

Esmme

Old 03-05-2010, 05:43 AM

((Perhaps wait for our little Lyra to post? :P))

Sephiroth cast a glare over to Kej and his human friend before stepping over to his crystal bed once more. Running his gloved hand over the sculpted side, he stared at the bluish glass for a few moments before glancing back to the two as they left the building.
Alone once again.

Kej gently pulled Lyra after him, heading out the door they had entered. "I never would have let you near there if I would have known he was awake," the elf said quietly, brushing his hand across her warm cheek. The action made him blush, and once again he was glad she couldn't see him.

Talitha001

Old 03-05-2010, 06:07 AM

(very well)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-06-2010, 09:14 PM

(sorry guys I lost internet and couldn't get it back up until now. )

Lyra shivered, at his touch and at the fear that left her, She had been speechless once the cold metal had touched her throat, another thing she was helpless against, she could never see a blade coming at her. "I would never learn anything if you hadn't led me in there though. There is a lot going on in this city, and if Alana and I are the only ones allowed in here I'm going to need to know these things." She let out a sigh that clearly showed she had been nervous. she reached up to touch his cheek with a smile to show her thanks. "Oh. Are you..." She could feel a slight wetness, blood? "i'm sorry, did he hit you because of me?"

Talitha001

Old 03-07-2010, 12:57 AM

(wb)

Alana patiently worked on taking detailed notes on everything. She started where she had left off in the cave entrance area and worked her way back towards where she had come from.

Esmme

Old 03-07-2010, 11:09 PM

Kej shrugged when she mentioned the gash on his cheek, flinching slightly when her fingers brushed against it. "Sephiroth is a brutal killer," he said, reaching up to wipe the blood with the back of his hand. "I'm just happy he didn't see fit to kill you off." The elf grasped Lyna's hand again, smiling at her thanks. "What is it that you should do here? Our city is old and time-ravaged. What could you learn from this?" Letting his white eyes scan over the once perfect structures all about them, Kej sighed quietly. "What can I help you do?"

Shara patted Nakeit's head, smiling. "It sounds like things aren't going well," she muttered to the small creature, watching in interest as the rest of the humans left the city. Glancing back to the room behind her, the navy-haired woman stood, moving inside. She stayed silent as Sephiroth stood beside the crystal prison.

"Why did you lead them here?" the man's deep voice caused Shara to cringe, but she didn't retreat.
"I wanted to see if there was anyone left, M'lord," she said, her white eyes never leaving his broad shoulders. "I didn't think it would be of any harm."
Sephiroth turned to face Shara, pushing her aside as he stepped out of the building. His eyes immediately moved to the small bit of light over where Alana was working. Sudden curiousity struck him, and the elf strode over near the woman. Leaning over her shoulder, he let his blue eyes scan over what she was doing.

"What are you doing?" he asked quietly, his deep voice right beside her ear.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-07-2010, 11:32 PM

Nakeit padded after Shara, content from being fed, but still unhappy that he couldn't chase anything. He would get lazy at this rate.

Lyra smiled at Kej, "my job is much easier than Alana's in my opinion. I just right what I hear and feel. She has to include the things she see's. Later most of what we have written will be put in a history journal or archaeology journal. " She reached inside her pouch and withdrew her journal. "If I could at some point see the crystal that Sephiroth was in. I'm assuming he was like you and Shara. That would be helpful at least." She held the notebook carefully, turning her head as Nakeit barked again. "What about the dog? Was he in a crystal?"

Esmme

Old 03-07-2010, 11:42 PM

Kej nodded. "Yes, Nakeit was one of the creatures trained to defend our city. Both him and Sephiroth came from a crystal just like my own." The elf glanced over to see Sephiroth leave the building, and he smiled grimly. "If you want to look at the guardian's prison, now is the time." Gently giving her hand a tug, the tall man led her into the back curtained door and across the smooth floor, running a pale hand over the smooth glassy surface.
"Sephiroth's crystal is thicker than ours," Kej said, his white eyes scanning over the coffin-like bed. "And far more comfortable. Made more like a tomb than a prison."

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-08-2010, 08:19 PM

Lyra nodded, and in turn place her hands on the crystal, feeling around for anything that seemed to show that the crystals were infact linked to their former occupants. Kej's had been almost soft, she lifted her head to 'look' at him, really just picturing what she believed he looked like in her mind, it had been much like he actually was. Shara's had seemed to be linked to her as well. She felt the 'shell' of the crystal and nodded. "It's thick, much thicker than Shara and yours. But, it's really soft and smooth on the inside." She tilted her head slightly moving her hand over the actual surface, the outside. A frown creased her face. "But the outside is not as soft. " She could feel niches every so often, they were miniscule, almost undetectable, but rubbing slowly it made the outside seem far rougher than the others.

"What is the crystal? Is it special to the elves in some way?" Lyra believed that if it wasn't, somehow it had become tied to its occupant during their long captivity. It had to have been alive in someway. Her main curiosity was these crystals, it wasn't her job completely, and she would have to look at other things at some point, but for now it is what she wanted to study and record.