Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 PM

"Killing Humanoids is wrong here... it is suppose to be a place of healing." She explained as best she could. Sio, herself, didn't always understand it. The waterfall left the animals born in the forest alone to hunt, but nothing else. It's magic would lash out anywhere within ten to twenty feet and freeze the attacker to the ground. Many believed it was something about the ancient peoples who populated the temples and ancient stone structures so old they were buried in layers of ground with any parts peaking out covered in vines. She didn't know what she believed.

Still, the waterfall was becoming weaker... It didn't seem to sense or be distressed by the attacker earlier, which was unusual. It hadn't flickered or rushed. Had the person simply been magically powerful? It wouldn't seem so being he had died so easily and quickly. She frowned at the body for a moment, feeling temporarily insulted. Didn't they know better then to send someone so weak? It was odd.

((that's you're choice. ))

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-06-2012, 02:09 AM

((*sigh* I'm sorry,I was really tired last night,and I...well I've got my monthly "gift." I'm not happy with how my character is,and I would like to reinvent her.if you guys could help me,I would like to give her permanent amnesia.Is that ok?))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-06-2012, 06:07 AM

Jocelyn frowned very deeply. It really didn't make sense to him at all. He scratched the back of his head and shook his head slightly. "...I am to starve, then?" The words came easier to his tongue this time, and that seemed to make him relax just a bit. "..Is stupid, this waterfall, to not allow hunting...Hunting to feed oneself. I am expected to atone for this?" Jo gestured at the dead body and tilted his head to the side slightly as he asked that question.

Aidan remained quiet, just watching the demon, but his hand was tingling and the artifact attached was glowing a bit. It wanted to do something but Aidan wasn't sure what, he was sure it was reacting to the demon. The cursed vampire wasn't sure how long the artifact had been reacting, he had been ignoring but now it was a little more difficult to ignore and he glanced down at it.

][I don't have a problem with that, Gemini, as long as it's okay with Staria.][

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 PM

((no problem. Hmm as to how she could always step on the arrow or touch the point picking it up to look at it or something. Then some poison on it that is immune to normal magic kicks in. Me or kry's character rushes her back to the river which manages to heal her but makes her lose her memories as she gets too close to death or something. xD ))

"no... You're outside the waterfall's protected range. But a few more feet back that way and the waterfall would hurt you. The only killing allowed is in self defense..." She said simply as she pointed in the direction of the waterfall. He didn't seem to view it as killing at all. Animals and humanoids seemed the same to him. Were demons too? She shook of the thought, simply focusing on him. She shrugged in response to the remark it was 'stupid'.

"It won't view what you do as hunting, just killing. The waterfall's people were originally killed by a great war somehow, the memory of that seems to stain the place....." Sio explained, her voice seeming to imply that he was making assumptions he shouldn't. She then stepped towards the body, suppressing the urge to shiver. She instead was looking over the arrows and equipment, using her magic on the various items to check for poisons and the like to see if she needed to do some clean up.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-07-2012, 03:09 AM

((oh,I like that! ok here goes!))
As Gemini walked away,she felt something sharp pierce her bare sole."Ouch!" she said,followed by a string of profanities that would have made a sailor blush.Looking down,she saw that she had stepped on an arrow.One could almost see the question mark forming over her head."How did I manage to step on something so obvious...?" She muttered,shaking her foot off and continuing onward to the waterfall.After a second,a strange feeling of dizzieness came over her.Trying to fight it off,the fox girl kept moving,but soon enough her body started feeling heavy.She couldn't move.Just as she managed to cry out a weak "Hepl!" she fell,face first,to the ground.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-07-2012, 04:24 AM

So the waterfall couldn't get over a past tragedy? Well that's how it sounded to him when Sio explained it. Jocelyn shrugged lightly, it seemed a little unfair to him. Hunting for food was different than just killing or murdering. Then again, perhaps he shouldn't be surprised at such judgmental views of a waterfall, he had never met a waterfall that was sentient before so maybe all waterfalls viewed killing no matter the reason as wrong.

When Sio moved to look over the body, Jocelyn stepped out of her way. "I would like to see the waterfall." The words were even easier on his tongue now. Good. Jo moved towards Aidan. Jocelyn had not reacted, not visably but there was something the other male had that made him a little uneasy. Made him feel a little weak, as if his demonic strength was not as strong as it should be.

Jocelyn was fast, to quick for Aidan to react. A hand went to Aidan's throat, and the grip was tight as Jo lifted the cursed vampire off his feet. Jocelyn's other hand went to Aidan's right wrist and he gripped it hard, he jerked Aidan's hand up and turned it this way and that. Inspecting the artifact it glowed at him, pulsed with energy and some of that energy even seemed to try and reach out for Jocelyn. The demon shorted lightly as Aidan gasped and struggled in his grip, then he dropped the boy and turned his back to him. His eyes on Sio as Aidan sat on the ground catching his breath. Jocelyn did not like that thing on Aidan's hand, but for now it was no threat to him. His black eyes watched Sio.

"We go to the waterfall now?" He wasn't being impatient, just merely wondering if she was done with her inspecting of the dead body and ready to take him to the waterfall now. He was certainly ready to go but he wasn't trying to rush her. Behind him Aidan slowly got to his feet, glaring daggers and death at Jocelyn's back, but he was quiet. Aidan knew he couldn't win a fight against this demon.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 10-07-2012, 08:30 PM

Even as he dropped the other male, Jocelyn would find himself bound in light as she held one hand outwards. Her blue hair streamed behind her and her wings of light could be seen behind her. Those ever changing hazel eyes narrowed on him, clearly irritated. Had he not understood attacking others was not allowed here? If one had sought sanctuary here, they were allowed it. Sure, she disliked the vampire... hell sometimes she wanted to smack him around herself but her duty was her duty.

"Those who seek sanctuary here are under my and the waterfalls protection. You are not allowed to attack them in any way or treat them as toys to be picked up and tossed away. Understand that well..." Sio said in quiet explanation, similar as she had to Aiden moments earlier. For just an instant sorrow seemed to flash across her eyes. All she wanted was peace, to no longer have to fight. That was what she had come here for but instead been pulled in as a protector. Before the past few days she had found that peace here, but now it was gone...

She released him after her warning and thought back to the inn where another demon had protected her. She had no idea then, how bad the fighting would get. She felt a pang of emotion, missing the demon and even the vampires there. Compared to Aiden they had been angels. She pushed away the thought, that was gone long ago. She had managed to keep from thinking of it for some time... She moved to the vampire that was here now and gripped his hand. If he let her she would pull him to his feet before she heard the fox call out.

In an instant she was gone, moving among the trees with the speed any fae could. She had already found the poison on the arrows, but the demon had prevented her from retrieving it in time. She used her powers over light to throw the arrow into the bin next to her small hovel of a home. She then lifted the girl with her abilities and with a shout of 'don't touch the arrows' to the demon and vampire would race for the waterfall. It took a lot of focus to keep the girl aloft but she didn't dare call on either male. She would begin to bathe the girl in the water without removing her clothing. She only removed any clothing off the foot she'd stepped on, knowing this poison far too well. Most healing magic could not work on it..... the waterfall was her only chance and even then she was unsure. A lot of it would depend on the girl...

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-07-2012, 11:15 PM

Jocelyn was mildly surprised when he was bound in light. Not quite understanding the reason for it, even as she explained that others were under her protection. Jocelyn had not attacked anyone, save the dead man on the ground so he just stood there with a very puzzled expression on his face. Not once thinking how hostile his actions against the vampire had seemed, but that had been for self preservation, considering the energy he felt emanating and trying to reach out to him from that artifact on the man's hand. "...I understand.." Though he seemed uncertain again and still puzzled.

Aidan glared hard at Jocelyn and when Sio offered her hand to help him up, he took it rather reluctantly. Once he was on his feet, Sio seemed to dart off. Aidan glared at the demon for a few moments before he turned to follow after Sio, the demon following after Aidan at a more casual pace.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-08-2012, 03:07 AM

Gemini cried out softly in her sleep as her body touched the water.Her mind was blank,but for a man's voice echoing in the deepest recesses of her mind."Now,listen,little one.You must always remeber to treat others with respect.Only if you give respect,shall you recieve it.However,do not confuse kindness with beeing a doormat.Have respect for the world around you,and for yourself,and do not let others walk all over you.You must be strong in this life.It is a matter of balance.Be who you must be,but never forget who you are..." The voice of her father faded,along with the memory of that conversation,as the young kitsune slipped further into unconciousness.